Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 119 - READ THE FIRST POST

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 119 - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 25 of 31«<2324252627>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/1/2013 17:52:31   
Jmagician

@Mondez: He should have costed 0 SGs. It was an obvious 'spend your SGs quick and buy more' tactic.

I get that I am supporting the game through purchasing SGs and I enjoy this feeling, but what I buy with my SGs should make sense and give me a good feeling after the purchase.

Unless we bought him because of his spear .-.

< Message edited by Jmagician -- 5/1/2013 17:54:40 >
AQW  Post #: 601
5/1/2013 17:54:23   
Mondez

@Jmagician
Taking account to his previous form in which it was highly offensive, 6 SGs would've been appropriate taking into account that he has Void Reflection and I don't know any free character at this point that has access to that card.

*Edit:
The price should have been set appropriately for Void Incarnate[male] before he was released because frankly I would compare him to Darkon or Rev, heck my Abberant could come close to Void Incarnate's form in terms of power. I don't see any redeeming factor to why he should be 10 SGs other than Void Reflection though Darkon has 2 Void Reflections and he costs 6 SGs, but the damage was done and this is of course my opinion.

< Message edited by Mondez -- 5/1/2013 18:00:33 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 602
5/1/2013 17:56:04   
Jmagician

@Mondez: Fair enough, for now. Although if CC wasn't happening soon, I probably would have agreed with you completely. Because Nulgath stated every card would be available to everyone, makes that notion of paying for VR (void reflection) not so meaningful.

@aboveEDIT: See that is exactly my point. In general aspects of the game as a whole, Nulgath does excel in balance. But, when he needs to raise some fast revenue, I sometimes wonder if he is trying to make this little goal as blatant as possible.

I should be so preoccupied with my SG purchase that the thought of it being overpriced or whatever shouldn't even come to mind. I know though, it is me and whoever else that experienced this who is at fault. You live and you learn, but just a tip here regardless. Don't make things so blatant .-.

< Message edited by Jmagician -- 5/1/2013 18:08:57 >
AQW  Post #: 603
5/1/2013 18:12:59   
Insane2201

Two things are for sure: I am aiming for Templar(which I still don't agree with him costing 6 SGs due to Light Guardian costing 4) and I will try to get Tharr(later on).
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 604
5/1/2013 18:13:07   
Labyth
Banned

Little bit confuse this discussion is about?
Post #: 605
5/1/2013 18:26:29   
Mondez

@Labyth
Basically, it was:
1. Jmagician brought up the topic on whether CC will be getting new cards or not.
2. I brought up a topic to why Void Incarnate[male] shouldn't cost 10 SGs.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 606
5/1/2013 18:32:21   
Labyth
Banned

@Mondez good summary right their well on the Topic of CC bringing new cards I would have to say wait on new cards until we have clear view on how CC would work if we just have new cards automatically when cc release it would cause player to use them and maybe even use not knowing how it would work and might mess up their deck...so for the sake of them not making mistake CC should Hold back New cards of the element it releases after all 12 ice cards will be release we don't know what will be repeated or what might be new but so far only 10 ice cards have been identified (without counting ice snap) but in my perspective it could be that not all ice cards will be in the series and some will be repeated more then others.

@ on the TOpic of SG to my view I see both red eye and blue ye independently to themselves they are their own character their cards make them as unique as Rev egg is compared to REvonthous that itself saying that Incarnates and the Evo to me are separate they each seen to have their own identity.so all your doing their is buying and Evo that (for the record the Voids might get an evolution you never know maybe that why they cost SG) but like I mention to me they are 2 sepearete people like rev egg is to revonthues (the same body but different cards styles)

Is not that I agree or disagree on that to me I would say it should have cost 4 sg I mean dire monk who was legendary was 4 sg why not void who is just master be 4 sg after all ....But if they are planning on giving it a Legend evo sure make it 10 sg

< Message edited by Labyth -- 5/1/2013 18:37:18 >
Post #: 607
5/1/2013 18:32:25   
Andlu

@Mondez If so then BR should not cost 10 SGs too. I mean it wouldn't be fair to make one less and one more. The same would go to frost void, shadow dance, alexis and earth wizard.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 608
5/1/2013 18:34:21   
TheSage

Did you people take into consideration of these 10Sg evolutions getting another evolution for free?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 609
5/1/2013 18:35:22   
Labyth
Banned

@Sage I did.... read the red in my post....or I mean purple red.

@below Andlu that would limit a lot of characters

< Message edited by Labyth -- 5/1/2013 18:36:24 >
Post #: 610
5/1/2013 18:35:28   
Andlu

@The Sage Would still be much better to get something like: Veteran(Wild)-Master (5-7SGs)-Legendary (3-5SGs)
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 611
5/1/2013 18:35:57   
Mondez

@TheSage
When you put it that way then I did not put that into consideration and I thus retract my statement.

< Message edited by Mondez -- 5/1/2013 18:36:15 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 612
5/1/2013 18:38:50   
Jmagician

If these characters are going to be getting an evolution and that is why it costed 10 SGs then Nulgath should have stated this. As of now (the present not the past/future), the point still stands that it was not worth 10 SG.

Edit: Then I will take your statement as my own xD

Anyways guys, the moral of the story is don't buy something that isn't worth it UNLESS it is not so through your eyes and your eyes only. I love playing with Shadowdance and many of you would gladly argue that the SG cost was not worth it but it was too me. In fact, it has been so long that I actually did forget I paid SG for it until now

Be smart guys, SGs are coming out of your pocket. If you feel you are not going to be happy with the purchase, don't make it.

< Message edited by Jmagician -- 5/1/2013 18:39:24 >
AQW  Post #: 613
5/1/2013 18:41:47   
Mondez

So far I'm content with the purchases I made with my SGs and I thus don't look back on it. Investing in Void Incarnate[male] might yield some eye-candylicious reward with his Legendary seeing as to how his evolution is a bit premature in terms of appearance.

I'm about to spend SGs on Overfiend Blade as soon as I evolve Fiend Blade and yes I know I should stick with my HH, but Overfiend Blade just looks so epic.

@below Labyth
I like to take my time and plus I finally able to buy a 20 SG pack today, but on Friday I'm raising that up to 80 as soon as I get paid.

< Message edited by Mondez -- 5/1/2013 18:46:56 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 614
5/1/2013 18:45:14   
Labyth
Banned

Funny you got your overfiend blade before I got mine and I already lvl 10(I have no boosters)-pvp over here to train mine. Interesting enough right now I am in the top 100 whiteout me noticing I am number 57 I think. which also take me back anyone heard anything about the reward.

@mondes taking my time you realize I wasted my time I have no sg I already know I cannot evolved my fiend baled(nor did I plan to) taking your time to lvl character that can be leveled not something I do it was my desition in the end the Fiend blade gave me all the info I needed on what I plan to do next.but in the end for me Taking my time exist only in my thoughts after all right now just using skexis to pvp.
@jmagician to me not that big training to lvl 10 only takes me little time after all I like to fight ice character they are easy to pierce to death as well as earth and specially lightning no defense

< Message edited by Labyth -- 5/1/2013 18:51:45 >
Post #: 615
5/1/2013 18:47:14   
Jmagician

@Labyth: Believe it or not, getting level 10 without any boosts is actually a notable accomplishment

EDIT: Well gosh .-. I found it unusually difficult to get level 10 without boosts. I took a big break after that then I would powerhouse to level 15 then quit for a couple of days until I get back at it xD

< Message edited by Jmagician -- 5/1/2013 18:51:25 >
AQW  Post #: 616
5/1/2013 18:50:45   
Insane2201

There really is no way to make it "seem" better for the SG evolutions as Let's say Nulgath wants 10 for the chain. People will go "Oh I already paid my 4 SGs, now I have to pay 6 more to get the evolution?! What heck kinda scam is this?" Then you have the other end of it which is "10 SGs?! That's highway robbery!"

As far as I'm concerned if anything goes over 10 SGs for an evolution chain, that is robbery. Mainly due to the AC to SG ratio which really makes things funky.
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 617
5/1/2013 18:53:23   
Mondez

@Insane
It's not much of a scam if we get a free evolution out of it and also for Light Guardian it makes sense that it's Legendary costs 6 SGs and his Master costs 4 SGs so that's 10 all together. In a way for both Master and Legendary forms it will be 10 SGs regardless for example PumpkinLord costs 10 SGs, but what's not to say he will gain an evolution that will be free for him because we already paid for both the Master and Legendary.

*Edit
Another example would be my Abberant the Exiled, if he were to say gain Legendary then he his Legendary will most likely cost 4 SGs to gain the total costs of 10 SGs.

Please don't criticize the choices of the developer without gaining some constructive insights.

@below Jmagician
Alright, makes sense. Thanks for clearing that up.

< Message edited by Mondez -- 5/1/2013 19:00:30 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 618
5/1/2013 18:54:40   
Jmagician

@both 2 above: So 10 SG is that price ceiling we have established huh? Let the raging begin when prices skyrocket above this ceiling in the future o.o

@Mondez: I don't believe Insane is criticizing the devs for their pricing decisions. He is merely judging the pricing decisions based on the people's (which is us) evaluation of what is high and what is not in terms of pricing and that the people have come to these high/low prices through trends that the devs have been consistent with.

Also, I think what he is getting at is if the devs would go beyond these trends, then it would be considered 'highway robbery' to the people because it is not what they are used to.

< Message edited by Jmagician -- 5/1/2013 18:59:27 >
AQW  Post #: 619
5/1/2013 19:00:04   
Labyth
Banned

Me free player(lucky 12 sg I got from alpha on Christmas)got revon(10 sg) wasted 1 getting the egg and waster another on getting darkon small (he is meant to be Something I will mod and update when cc comes out)
wasted my 12 sg
on things I liked....
But in the end i use any characters and always get good results
for the record when I fight a character lower then me I consider them beating me when they took their Hp out me meaning if this Thrak had given me 2900 damage I would have consider him the winner
I saw something called v for vendetta.....(call me R for Rat)(call me L for leviathan)(call me I for ice cream----okay don't call me the last one)

< Message edited by Labyth -- 5/1/2013 19:04:12 >
Post #: 620
5/1/2013 19:02:15   
Insane2201

What insight is there to take from there is a limit to taxing things. Yes the free forms on characters are nice, and when card customizations comes out I bet those SG characters are able to have better things in there decks. Like how in AQW they like to make it so you can't have proper enhancements if you're non-mem, but that is not the point.

The point is there should be a limit to how much a chain of evolutions should have SGs to evolve for. The best roof I can make is 10 but even that is pushing it as the minimum SG bundle is half that.

< Message edited by Insane2201 -- 5/1/2013 19:06:26 >
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 621
5/1/2013 19:05:57   
Jmagician

@Labyth: Good for you :D I always enjoy your perspective of things

Now the AKs will be after us :(

Guys this was a healthy debate until now (I feel).
AQW  Post #: 622
5/1/2013 19:08:25   
Sharftman

From what I hav noticed is that most chars that need SGs to evolve, evolve fully at the price of SGs for example LG costed 4 SGs to evolve from squire and then you had to pay an additional 6 SGs to evolve LG to templar therefore to evolve the char fully u need 10 SGs (another example is rev, he costed 10 SGs to evolve from rev egg and Nulgath said that rev (master) is goin to be free this year) which proves a point that most chars that need SGs to evolve would be evolved fully with 10 SGs no more than that.

@Mondez: Which means that void incarnate's legendary evolution should be free

Oversoul name: Drackion
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 623
5/1/2013 19:08:43   
Mondez

@Insane
I only gain the proper insights to what they do and of course sometimes I feel some of what they do is a bit pushing it, but it is still within the reasonable limit. I know how things in games work by simple deduction and of course I miss things from here and there, but my guesses are always in the 85% in the right.

All cards will be free to use for all characters meaning an apprentice can be on par with a Legendary to obtain balance.

@Above
Yes from my statement and TheSage's statement the Void Incarnate's[male] Legendary should be free since we paid for both of the Legendary and Master forms.

< Message edited by Mondez -- 5/1/2013 19:11:40 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 624
5/1/2013 19:09:11   
Labyth
Banned

Lol jmagician sometimes i fin d myself in real life sitting down with my eyes close and I am like am I sleeping.......I think a couple of seconds and I am like I think I am........Huh.....if I open my eyes will stop sleeping......I feel rested when I decide to wake up and well I just got back from doing this while ago before I joined the conversation....so right now I am running 10 energizes on a character who can HOLD ONLY !0 energy.
Post #: 625
Page:   <<   < prev  23 24 [25] 26 27   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 119 - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 25 of 31«<2324252627>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition