Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 121 - READ THE FIRST POST

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 121 - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 8 of 30«<678910>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/4/2013 22:07:07   
necro rouge

@mondez
But neutral have iron hide, which competely cancels out most of ices damage. Counters are pretty much irrelevant versus ice. Neutral also has neutralize/death flow combo.
AQW  Post #: 176
5/4/2013 22:07:31   
Jmagician

@necro: Just try it out for yourself and see how well you demolish the Ice type. Even before Incinerate, the raw power of Fireball and high piercing damage was too much. And as other types got stronger decks, Fire types got access to Incinerate to counter Ice types even harder.
AQW  Post #: 177
5/4/2013 22:10:12   
Combat dummy

@Mondez: The Strongest Element Will Ultimately Be Determined When CC Is Complete, And Resistances Are Released.

By The Way.... Fellow Forumites, When All Is Said And Done And Team Battles Come Out, What Will Be YOUR Dream Team And Why?

Mine Will Be (Going By Rotation And Importance)
1)Jack Frost (Hopefully Level 20) Because I Think That He Can Eradicate The Opponents Stronger Characters Since They Will Most Likely Be Predictable Enough To Put Their Strongest Character First.
2)WitchBlade To Clean Up After Jack Frost Because The Enemy Probably Wont Have Much Health Left Due To Freezes And Shatters And Frostbites. Or If They Are On Their Last Character Then All The Poisons Will Weaken Them So That They Can Be Obliterated By....
3)Earth Golem: The Enemy Will More Than Likely Be Shield Spamming Because Their Last Character Will Be Out Of Health.... So All Of The Stone Strikes Will Take Care Of That!

< Message edited by Combat dummy -- 5/4/2013 22:11:27 >
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 178
5/4/2013 22:10:53   
necro rouge

@lemonus
Future updates are irrelevant when discussinc the game in it's current state.

@jmagician
I understand the reasoning, but fire is so strong atm that it "counters" everything, not just ice.
AQW  Post #: 179
5/4/2013 22:12:48   
Mondez

@necro
For Neutral you have to be extremely lucky in how you use your cards because without a good set of Iron Hides to guard against Ice DoTs, you'll be sitting duck.

A good chance against something like FQ would have to be either PL or Orc Chieftan because both have defensive decks though I would favor Orc Chieftan more due to his Deathflow that can take down shields very easily.

@below
Dire Monk has a small deck so he could stand a chance in terms of drawing Iron Hide more.

< Message edited by Mondez -- 5/4/2013 22:14:40 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 180
5/4/2013 22:12:58   
Lemonus

Necro:
quote:

And even without it, Ice still stands little to no chance with Fire whilst other can stand up to them.

@above
How about between Orc Chief and Dire Monk?

< Message edited by Lemonus -- 5/4/2013 22:13:34 >
DF AQW  Post #: 181
5/4/2013 22:15:23   
Jmagician

@Combat Dummy: Mine would probably be 1. Shadowdance 2. Jack Frost 3. Pactonal Knight

This team will be deadly, I assure all of you.

@necro: Well you are right about that one

In any case, top counters to Ice other than Fire would probably be major DoT users including BD as a powerhouse, Light types (for major piercing damage) and Neutrals. Top 3 right there IMO.

EDIT: And not just any Neutral. A very specific Neutral that does not become a 'sitting duck' as Mondez has specified.

Yes, and Earth too. It has a good combination of DoT powerful piercing and quick damaging.

< Message edited by Jmagician -- 5/4/2013 22:18:20 >
AQW  Post #: 182
5/4/2013 22:16:15   
Blackshock

when the next tourney rolls out, I'd probably ready the banner of every strong willed individual with a radical set of ironhides. Thou shall not pass indeed >:D
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 183
5/4/2013 22:17:25   
Mondez

Earth has a decent chance against Ice since it has the ability to deal tough damage, Mountain strike is a good DoT, and fast shielding as well.

*Edit
Forgot about Petrify which can be used as a combo with Mountain Strike.

< Message edited by Mondez -- 5/4/2013 22:18:48 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 184
5/4/2013 22:19:06   
Lemonus

Would anyone buy/evolve a character with a 5 card deck that has:
3x Iron Hide
1x Neutralize
1x Counters

?
DF AQW  Post #: 185
5/4/2013 22:19:16   
JJ55$

Guys, I have 15000 gold. Should I risk it on a CC booster pack?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 186
5/4/2013 22:21:14   
Mondez

@Lemonus
That's a sitting duck deck and to no way would I buy a deck that is that pathetic in terms of attack plus it's infinite Iron Hide spam which I would hate to go against.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 187
5/4/2013 22:21:53   
necro rouge

Right now, i think arcane ranger is the strongest character in the game. She has something of everything while still having damage. She can beat most ice/light/fire characters (i have some troubles with shadow characters, damn them and their reflections)

Be prepared to see a ranger statue in solace after the next tournament.
AQW  Post #: 188
5/4/2013 22:22:26   
Lemonus

How about Energy? It at least does a decent job at piling Storms at the enemy/Surging+Charging the way through... but not always.
DF AQW  Post #: 189
5/4/2013 22:23:25   
Labyth
Banned

My Team is simple not Hard just simple.
1.Revonthous-or revonthous master when released-
2.Frost lion
3.Bill hunter veteran or Max storm
Post #: 190
5/4/2013 22:24:43   
necro rouge

@lemon
Energy lacks defence, so by the time it has gotten through the shields, it will have died to shatters
AQW  Post #: 191
5/4/2013 22:30:21   
Insane2201

Queen Ghysophilia is pretty awesome. Got her to level 5 hopefully I can get somewhere near level 20 by friday.
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 192
5/4/2013 22:30:26   
Combat dummy

@Necro:Not Really Necro, Storm Is Very Efficient And Will Have Ice Characters Waining.... They Will Eventually Run Out Of Shields To Use For A Few Turns. Plus, Energy Can Get The Jump On Ice In Battle Since They Have Energize. Then They Can Also Surge/Charge Unblockables... Whereas In Some Instances Ice Characters Will Use 2 or 3 Turns To Use One hand And By Then They Will Use Ice Orb In Attempt To Recover Lost Ground.... Then Energy Can Go In For The Kill.
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 193
5/4/2013 22:31:58   
Jmagician

Yes, Energy is cost efficient and its damaging is quite steady. But their defences are almost non existent and Ice types will just shield up on their faces while Shatter makes the match completely one sided.

EDIT: It is a super bad idea to use Ice Orb unless it doesn't win you the match.

< Message edited by Jmagician -- 5/4/2013 22:33:44 >
AQW  Post #: 194
5/4/2013 22:33:34   
Lemonus

@Combat
Just curious... why are all of your words capitalized?

In the end, it just depends on the luck of the draw for Energy...

And almost EVERY other element can beat Ice
DF AQW  Post #: 195
5/4/2013 22:34:33   
Labyth
Banned

*facepalm* Okay okay okay.....I got question for all of you guys just simple one what is the release that has been release recently.....CC and that mean card customization...it is very simple to put more defense cards on lightning character. Or any character the only 2 piercing attacks that ice has itself is Ice needle you guys worry bout elements that aren't OP Sure ice got more shields and more stuff right now..But once CC is out for neutral earth water fire shadow light we will know what going on after all just adding more shields on the character can prevent simple shatters.
Post #: 196
5/4/2013 22:35:23   
Jmagician

@Lemonus: A lot of people seem to think so. I would like to consider myself a pretty skilled opponent but I can NEVER come close to winning against an Ice type UNLESS it is a Fire type that I am using.

I am beginning to think luck is behind all these losses. If not, then I have to deem Ice OP cause I can never win!

@Labyth: Exactly, once CC has been expanded to all other elements, things will start to get interesting.

< Message edited by Jmagician -- 5/4/2013 22:38:19 >
AQW  Post #: 197
5/4/2013 22:36:48   
necro rouge

@combat
Yeah, this looks good on paper, but what if you take into consideration that ice can actually attack too? Shatter and frostbite will tear down anything with no defence with their energy efficiency. And storm being energy efficient? You pay 7 energy to deal 10 damage while the ice character pays 6 energy to block h same amount. And any pvper who use ice orb in the scenario you described is an idiot.
AQW  Post #: 198
5/4/2013 22:38:29   
Combat dummy

@Lemonus: Im Not Sure..... Force Of Habit I Guess.... Heh Heh... It Makes My Post Seem So Official.... So Unique And Eye Catching Compared To Everyone Elses Standard Typing Method
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 199
5/4/2013 22:39:31   
Mirai Hoshino

@JJ55$

I spent 15,000 today and got nothing but wimpy attack cards. I was willing to take the risk because... I could actually use a few wimpy attack cards on a couple Ice characters. On my other try I got an Attack 515, an Ice Needle, and three Defend cards. Somewhat useful.

I'm keeping 50,000 gold in reserve in case a seasonal character I like pops up in the store some day. I don't have anything else I want to spend my gold on, so I can afford to spend some gold on booster packs, knowing I'll get some cards that can be useful. I don't expect the rarer cards to drop. If you're trying for the rarer cards, you could easily be disappointed, and out of gold.

After a couple purchases, buying any more Ice packs runs the risk of being useless to me, so I won't be so quick to throw my gold at them.
AQW  Post #: 200
Page:   <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 121 - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 8 of 30«<678910>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition