Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 122 - READ THE FIRST POST

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 122 - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 29 of 30«<2627282930>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/11/2013 19:42:49   
Jmagician

@Agaraoth: There is no way a deck like that would prosper :P

I agree, Life Drain should not cost 8. Even reducing the cost by 1 to make it 7 would open so much opportunities. There have been so many situations where my plans would be thwarted because I didn't have that extra energy.

Not sure if it is a mind effect though

< Message edited by Jmagician -- 5/11/2013 19:45:29 >
AQW  Post #: 701
5/11/2013 19:57:05   
Redingard

@Jmagician

Wouldn't having a few 500-damage cards be better than many 200 attack cards? They do more damage, and are more cost effective. Until bonuses for combos are implemented, so that you can do a full five-hit combo with various cards because of the 200-damage card's lower cost (was that a run on sentence?), it's pointless to say they're better. In damage and cost-effectiveness, they're lesser than 500-damage cards.

< Message edited by Redingard -- 5/11/2013 19:58:45 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 702
5/11/2013 20:05:11   
Agaraoth2

@Jmagician so if you could create a deck from scratch what would it be. Only 15 cards

< Message edited by Agaraoth2 -- 5/11/2013 20:21:13 >
AQW  Post #: 703
5/11/2013 20:21:56   
Jmagician

@Redingard: a few 5 damage cards are indeed better than many 200 cards. I do not disagree? In fact, they would go excellent together in a basic deck template that I have constructed a while back. This is actually perfect because now I can answer Agaraoth's quesion!

@Agaraoth: Assuming this character does not have a element exclusive piercing damage, this would be the deck:

3 5 damage cards, 2 2 damage cards, 1 piercing damage attack card, 2 5 shield defence card for a grand total of 8 basic cards. The rest of the cards would be special cards. I feel this set would complement the majority of special card mixes out there.

EDIT: Let me know which type of element you would like me to construct a deck for, and I will use this template as its basic cards.

< Message edited by Jmagician -- 5/11/2013 20:28:06 >
AQW  Post #: 704
5/11/2013 20:22:21   
DeathGuard

Missing 4 cards to have full Ice Deck complete. That had meant 45k gold to have 3 more ice packs >.<
EDIT: Cards like Shatter, Poison, Storm, Cat Reflex, Mountain Strike, Greater Heal, Life Drain, Mark of Death, Death Flow, Ice Needle, Inferno, Petrify, Power Flow, Holy Strike, and Retribution should be limited to 1 per series. Why is this? Simple, such cards can be easily abused and we don't want to disturb OS balance to a point of no return so what do you think? It is fair or unfair?
About the first Ice series, the cards Ice Shatter and Ice Needle would be subtracted to the players and given randomly other cards that aren't Ice Needle or Shatter (possible solution to this)

< Message edited by DeathGuard -- 5/11/2013 20:49:26 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 705
5/11/2013 20:54:58   
Tally

Yeah, it should be limited. People have already begun stacking on Shatters like crazy.
DF MQ  Post #: 706
5/11/2013 20:56:19   
Redingard

Shatter is, technically, UP anyways. Just put up some shields or Iron Hides.

...five Shatters is a completely different story, though. .-.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 707
5/11/2013 21:01:15   
DeathGuard

@Redingard: That's the case, having several shatters activate will knock you out easily, specially if you have more than +6 shatters in your deck, lets not talk about poison.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 708
5/11/2013 21:03:55   
Jmagician

@DeathGuard: I agree. There definitely needs to be a restriction list for cards like they have in Yu-Gi-Oh! The thing with a card game is that those popular ones that are out in real life have perfect sets of rules that go with their own respective gameplay. This is because these card games have been out for so long.

For anyone who has played Yu-Gi-Oh!, you would know that at the beginning all cards, even uber ones like Raigeki and Pot of Greed were all at 3 (max). It was indeed chaos but as the game grew, more restrictions, rules and new game mechanics have been established.

I feel that the same thing is happening with OS. Nulgath is playing around with an 'anything goes' method for the player base to get into the groove and give feedback about it. Anything that isn't accepted by the majority will be counteracted by new features which would eventually includes restrictions if the people feel the need for such.

I hope this is what Nulgath is doing
AQW  Post #: 709
5/11/2013 21:16:54   
Agaraoth2

Leveling dark Incarnate whats up ppl
AQW  Post #: 710
5/11/2013 21:17:19   
DeathGuard

^To add to JMagician's post, Monster Reborn was also taken out of the official tournaments and restricted to 1 in your deck due to its power. This gives an idea of what the cards I listed can cause, if they are not given a restriction, they will cause an immense chaos in balance, specially in PvP
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 711
5/11/2013 21:17:52   
Labyth
Banned

A deck of scratch with only 15 cards that is successful....
Water character
6 defenses
3 renews
3 sacrifice
2 crush

Perfect water deck(or best troll deck)
I say only creature I can think of that would ever have such deck would be Clam

@agaroth your right best troll deck

@rascal

quote:

Background Song
The Setting
Enemy*Queen*
Labyth*Frost Lion*

Enemy:you cannot defeat me we both are ice and I am higher lvl then you I can do a lot more then you can thanks to CC.No matter what I can already guess you already predicted your own death
Labyth:You defeat me ....Don't make Roar....What you Have is Hope that you can defeat me cause If you cannot Kill me Right now when is your turn.YOU WILL DIE
Enemy:ANd how do you suggest that will happened?
Labyth:with my JAWS AROUND YOUR NECK and SQUEEZING YOUR LAST BIT OF LIFE OUT OF YOU
ENEMY:LOL and you expect to Survive me
Labyth:I already predicted your death....I didn't' predict MINE I also Have CC and since I knew you already had it and after you just showed me this with your shatter I know YOU WILL DIE NEXT turn if you don't kill me now.
Enemy:sight* you bluffing I know what frost lion can do and I know what cc can do you will not be able to kill me so easy
Labyt:i have the exact cards in my hand that will make my prediction true if you don't kill me now...Your head is mine

_AFTER THE SHATTERS and the turn ended_
REsults
Labyth:you should have killed me when you had the chance Oh well maybe you will learn from your mistakes.
*begins to eat the Queen and leaves leftover for the rats.)

THE END
_play skit by labyth_

Here you go Rascal you enjoy plays how about my play

< Message edited by Labyth -- 5/11/2013 21:36:37 >
Post #: 712
5/11/2013 21:24:19   
Char

quote:

Yeah, it should be limited. People have already begun stacking on Shatters like crazy.

This. Makes. So. Much. Sense. This is probably the reason that I keep getting massacred by ice characters.

< Message edited by Little Rascal -- 5/11/2013 21:25:55 >
Post #: 713
5/11/2013 21:29:47   
Agaraoth2

@Lab troll deck
AQW  Post #: 714
5/11/2013 21:39:10   
DeathGuard

@Little Rascal: I'm lucky I haven't been executed with that combo, anyways how are you?

@On topic: I have encounter Overfiend Blade several times, beat him but wasn't able to possess, sucks at least Master Barbarian is like 2/3 from lvl 18.

Also I will list the cards that should be restricted to 1 per series in an order:
Shatter
Poison
Storm
Cat Reflex
Mountain Strike
Greater Heal
Life Drain
Mark of Death
Death Flow
Ice Needle
Inferno
Petrify
Power Flow
Holy Strike
Retribution
Fire Ball
Power Strike
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 715
5/11/2013 21:44:29   
Labyth
Banned

People have tried to exceute me as such

But they have Failed
Post #: 716
5/11/2013 21:45:40   
Char

@Death: Great! How are you?

On topic:@Death: Great list! Also, Corruption

< Message edited by Little Rascal -- 5/11/2013 21:48:44 >
Post #: 717
5/11/2013 21:50:15   
DeathGuard

@Little: I'm fine, thanks for asking.
Also I didn't include corruption due to being a boss card which I doubt will be available in the Neutral Card series.

EDIT: Finally possessed Overfiend Blade and got Fiend Blade

< Message edited by DeathGuard -- 5/11/2013 21:54:06 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 718
5/11/2013 22:09:45   
ValkyrieKnight

This game have become battle of the Ubers, good lord I cannot click on Random PVP without someone using a overpowred character, today I fought nothing but founder champs and ice queens.
AQW Epic  Post #: 719
5/11/2013 22:12:14   
Asuka
AQW Designer of All Things

Hmmm, limits?

I might bring that up soon
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 720
5/11/2013 22:15:18   
Lemonus

@Valk
Meh, I've beaten DDs with a Maggot
DF AQW  Post #: 721
5/11/2013 22:23:51   
Megadragonknight

Everytime it comes to players' skills/luck to win the battle and taking initiative most of the time give such advantage. Anyway, I have no more interest in talking about anything related to PvP. But discussing about the balance issue is very important. Some characters like Templar have 2 Retribution which can be overkill especially towards shadow characters due to lack of shield and VR. Not to mention shadow is weak against light.

Also, speaking of corruption, I was thinking maybe there should only be one or two character(s) who can have Death Flow, Corruption and Neutralize in his deck. That is Dilligaf and my Dragonknight!

Dragonknight is because Hino the human boy I came up with have a strong justice and his friendship with his Dragon, Vilan, makes them really strong to withstand any attacks.

For Dilligaf, I am not sure if his element will be Neutral when his character will be release soon but I can sense that Neutral is Dilligaf's main element.

Edit: Here is my character suggestion for Dragonknight! Thx to Beck for the character design! Look at post #31.

< Message edited by Megadragonknight -- 5/11/2013 22:27:51 >
Post #: 722
5/11/2013 22:30:35   
DeathGuard

quote:

Hmmm, limits?

I might bring that up soon

@Asuka: Please do it, I think it will help a lot.

quote:

Also, speaking of corruption, I was thinking maybe there should only be one or two character(s) who can have Death Flow, Corruption and Neutralize in his deck. That is Dilligaf and my Dragonknight!
What about no? We must preserve balance before trying to make out such a risky move, anyways I doubt it will ever happen or you have Death Flow and Neutralize or Corruption and Neutralize not the three.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 723
5/11/2013 22:38:45   
Megadragonknight

@DeathGuard
There is one thing you forget. If you were to talk about those OP characters remained unbeatable, then the shadow characters will be able to beat them despite the amount of powerful cards they possessed. But of course, for the sake of balance, its better not to have three being put together though it would be nice to see only one of the neutral characters possessed every of the neutral cards and legendary would be a better choice to do that.
Post #: 724
5/11/2013 22:41:10   
Jmagician

Who the heck would even want to use Death Flow.-. It sucks without a Neutralize combo.
AQW  Post #: 725
Page:   <<   < prev  26 27 28 [29] 30   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 122 - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 29 of 30«<2627282930>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition