Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= June 13th, 2013 - Daring Design Notes

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= June 13th, 2013 - Daring Design Notes
Page 6 of 9«<45678>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/14/2013 14:55:37   
Imperial Knight

The credit conversion of 10 credits per token is just fine. If you think about it tokens are only given to those who win the battle and a few missions. However its much more difficult to gather tokens than it is credits the whole 1000 wins thing with the 5k credit difference is assuming that you will win 1000 games strait through. I do not believe i have seen anyone win 1000 games straight through. It not too low where i could have just lost that same number of credits but not too low that i could have lost that same number of tokens but not too high because you probably didn't win all of those tokens through battles.
Post #: 126
6/14/2013 14:56:41   
Drianx

@Trans
You missed my previous post.

Tokens were awarded for wins only. They were measuring the quality of gameplay.

Credits are awarded both for winning and losing. They are measuring the quantity of gameplay.

So how can credits replace tokens again?
AQW Epic  Post #: 127
6/14/2013 14:59:34   
Ranloth
Banned

Take out Credits from losing then, simple as. It's not like it's logical that you get Credits for losing anyway whilst Experience is justified (you learn from your mistakes).

Another way is to make achievements truly achievements - for doing something - instead of buying them. Sorta like what AQW has with badges or ED with missions.

Yep, I'm aware why Credits are included. I was just saying. :P

< Message edited by Trans -- 6/14/2013 15:11:05 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 128
6/14/2013 15:08:05   
  RabbleFroth

quote:

Take out Credits from losing then

Not possible unless you received no Experience either, and that would just be a terrible experience to get nothing from a loss.

If you give Experience and no Credits, then you fall behind in Credits if you lose a lot, meaning that you can't upgrade your gear, falling even further behind. Then you get stuck in a cycle of losing because you can't afford what everyone else can. It's the reason you get roughly the same ratio of Credits to Experience in both a win and loss.

quote:

Tokens were awarded for wins only. They were measuring the quality of gameplay.

Credits are awarded both for winning and losing. They are measuring the quantity of gameplay.

This is a good point (and well said), but if you had no interest in achievements or had all of them then it would be a completely dead currency and you would just amass it for no reason unless we added other random things to spend Tokens on.

< Message edited by RabbleFroth -- 6/14/2013 15:21:58 >
Post #: 129
6/14/2013 15:11:33   
Mother1

Well said rabble. Not to mention taking away credits and EXP from losing would only promote OP builds even more and the game will be less fun due to not using said builds.
Epic  Post #: 130
6/14/2013 16:06:22   
drekon
Retired ED Guest Artist

quote:

...the whole 1000 wins thing with the 5k credit difference is assuming that you will win 1000 games strait through. I do not believe i have seen anyone win 1000 games straight through.

That's not the case. Currently, we only get Tokens for wins, so it would be inaccurate if the Credits gained from losses were factored into the equation. It's not talking about 1k wins in a row, just 1k wins.
Epic  Post #: 131
6/14/2013 16:10:33   
ansh0

Oh good, I gain 10k creds from todays update.

Anyone know any missions I can do for a quick 9k tokens? :S
Epic  Post #: 132
6/14/2013 16:15:26   
Mother1

Did you do the yeti training missions Ansh0? The second one for each of them if you do all of them (in case you haven't) will give you 3K tokens when you finish them. I am currently farming the yeti hulk NPC for it's petis
Epic  Post #: 133
6/14/2013 16:16:16   
ansh0

^I doubt I can get 50 pelts... in an hour.
Epic  Post #: 134
6/14/2013 16:20:19   
Mother1

Did you read the memo? They are cutting off token boosts this week. they aren't converting the tokens into credits this update. It will be done in a later update.

quote:

2) Token -> Credit conversion. You will receive 10 Credits per Token you still have when the change rolls live (it will NOT be in this week's update). This will cap out at 250 thousand credits so as to not give unlimited currency to the small percentage of players that have hoarded a huge number of tokens over time. Thus, if you have more than 25k tokens, I HIGHLY recommend you spend them now

< Message edited by Mother1 -- 6/14/2013 16:21:48 >
Epic  Post #: 135
6/14/2013 16:27:17   
ansh0

Oh haha. That's a relief.

Epic  Post #: 136
6/14/2013 16:41:20   
  Charfade

quote:

Pro Rabble Hint: It will probably be worth your while to do these Token missions now if you haven't already.

@ansh0, what Mother1 said. You have until next weeks release to do any token missions. :) It's recommended to take Pro Rabble Hint. ;)

MQ Epic  Post #: 137
6/14/2013 18:18:05   
Ranloth
Banned

quote:

Charfade @Charfade
In tonight's EpicDuel Release you'll be able to pick up a LQ Nulgath Bike! Located in the Minetower in Caden's Shop! pic.twitter.com/p0mCHUBRLP
AQ Epic  Post #: 138
6/14/2013 18:26:50   
Bloodpact

Why don't we just use influence for cheevo's after tokens are taken out?

1v1 fight yields 5 influence, 2v2 for 15, jugg for 15?

Could convert cost of cheevo's from 1 token -> 5-10 influence

since it's also only given to the winner.

1000 token cheevo would now be 5,000 -> 10,000 influence.

Personal influence above rating only tho.

When you go to cheevo's shop you would see a number like 3500/10,000
3,500 being influence left to spend 10,000 being max influence ever reached.

I believe this was once brought up before, but devs/people didn't want it ,because of it
causing tokens to be less useful, this simply is not the case anymore.
After tokens are gone, could leave the credit rate the same, and use personal influence
for cheevo's now. The current problem with cheevo's costing more overall would be gone
and a useless stat ( influence ) could be used to improve another useless stat ( Rating )
Both only for bragging rights. Keeps spending money for useful things away from useless things.

Tho I fear this may have came much to late ;3. Also counter's Tran's worrying
about variums value decreasing.

< Message edited by Bloodpact -- 6/14/2013 18:34:26 >
Epic  Post #: 139
6/14/2013 18:37:31   
Mother1

@ bloodpact

Believe it or not people care about personal influence as well as rating. If that wasn't the case there wouldn't have been so many topic some time ago about adding more cheevo's just so people could get to the 7 blue star rating as well as people asking how much of an influence boost this war will be giving.
Epic  Post #: 140
6/14/2013 18:56:51   
The Incredible Hulk
Banned

^^

At least it's fair since everyone who wants to participate can get influence.

@Rabblefroth

Will level 36 come out this war?

< Message edited by The Incredible Hulk -- 6/14/2013 18:57:34 >
Epic  Post #: 141
6/14/2013 18:58:02   
Bloodpact

Forgot about the boosts that come with wars D: .

Tho, one could say just like real war, those who survive are those who
are covered in medals :D.

Any who it was just a thought, since everything is already being implemented soon.

< Message edited by Bloodpact -- 6/14/2013 18:59:56 >
Epic  Post #: 142
6/14/2013 19:06:51   
  RabbleFroth

quote:

Why don't we just use influence for cheevo's after tokens are taken out?

I think this is a neat concept, but we want Influence to show how much you've contributed to the alignment conflict instead of being a spendable currency. It also is generated in the same way that Tokens are, so it just displaces one problematic currency for another.
Post #: 143
6/14/2013 19:17:45   
Bloodpact

@RabbleFroth

Well it would still show the exact same numbers were all going to see
, just when you went into a token shop you would see {influence left to spend / total influence.} Ex: 3,500 / 10,000
in place of where it use to show your tokens.

But I understand, if you say it's going to be problematic, best avoid such a thing.

Removed quote. No need to quote the post directly above yours. ~Lectrix

< Message edited by Lectrix -- 6/14/2013 19:23:36 >
Epic  Post #: 144
6/14/2013 19:24:29   
The Incredible Hulk
Banned

Oh yeah, I forget that the updates take too long every Friday. Might aswell go to bed then. I don't want to be waiting till like 4 am in the morning for a stupid update. I can just check tommorow....
Epic  Post #: 145
6/14/2013 19:25:35   
Xamurai

Honestly i find this new ideology that everything in game, Well everything original just has to change! It's getting annoying. Implementing random changes with little significance or purposes. The fact that most classes are buffed and debuffed on such a large scale shows that there is a terrible amount of planning going into these updates. And rabble, i would suggest making cheevo prices relatively closer to 7.5 Credits-tokens Instead of the 10. At least cheevos will still seem like a reasonable target, and not a pure waste of credits.
AQW Epic  Post #: 146
6/14/2013 19:41:01   
Bloodpact

^

This war is a big change.

I've suggested possible alternations to the great token crisis of 2013.

But the current one is not too bad, tho I donno y the new cheevo prices aren't at par with
the token refund?
Epic  Post #: 147
6/14/2013 19:59:52   
beastmo

Well what about double influence this war?
Epic  Post #: 148
6/14/2013 19:59:57   
Xamurai

quote:

It just replaces one problematic currency for another
Essentially the idea that Battle tokens are a problem current is void. They are the result of many battles, And just like credits, come from working hard, They go well hand in hand, I personally am against removing tokens, Mainly due to nostalgia lol.

< Message edited by Xamurai -- 6/14/2013 20:02:10 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 149
6/14/2013 20:08:34   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@xam They're being removed because they come from the same place as credits. They find it redundant to have two currencies you can only get from battles so they're removing Battle Tokens.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= June 13th, 2013 - Daring Design Notes
Page 6 of 9«<45678>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition