Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= June 13th, 2013 - Daring Design Notes

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= June 13th, 2013 - Daring Design Notes
Page 8 of 9«<56789>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/15/2013 13:55:49   
JariTheMighty

King Helios: By Rabblefroth on page 5:

quote:

3) We will award an achievement for anyone that is currently in a faction and has contributed any amount of Tokens to a flag. This achievement will use a new system we're working on that can display the actual number of Tokens you contributed. So your actual contribution at the time of the update (again, not this week) will be immortalized by this achievement.

< Message edited by JariTheMighty -- 6/15/2013 13:56:14 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 176
6/15/2013 14:31:09   
HD V!$ionX

odsey

@Hd Your expecting too much.

quote:

Well you cant just join and donate a lot.

Actually you could if you feel the faction need them or you have to much token.

And actually, the leader could kick you even if you have donate token. One of the reason if your tend to stay offline, you could be kicked.

--
Well what I say is if you get kicked its usually your own fault. But people who try and do something for their fac and are liked by others, hence the yare syill in the fac and not icked, should be rewarded some way in credits, as cheevos arent tha tgreat either.....

Plus you cant join and donate straight away, you need to get a certain ammount of influence. If this flag thinks happens it will be to your benifit, so get your facts right and be happy :D

< Message edited by HD V!$ionX -- 6/15/2013 14:32:39 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 177
6/15/2013 16:33:15   
...sir red...

With the 'Alignment' update within factions, what does that actually mean? will there be different faction headings e.g Leader, Officer, Member, or will they stay and more be added.. Info?
Epic  Post #: 178
6/15/2013 17:22:51   
zion

@Jari Did you crack and buy varium, or you used your only stash to name change?
On topic: The achievement amount will be the same for any token donation, you know this right?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 179
6/16/2013 4:42:09   
JariTheMighty

^Used my stash of course, come on, what would you think of me? :D And on a side note I still got almost enough left for 10 extra inventory spaces.

And yeah, the rating will be exactly the same for everyone were you to donate 1 token or 10000 tokens. Hence the hesitation.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 180
6/16/2013 7:42:42   
toopygoo

no, it will differ.... read the top post on this page.
AQW Epic  Post #: 181
6/17/2013 15:21:48   
The Incredible Hulk
Banned

I didn't particularly like the other war because it felt too long & boring. To have made it better, I think the staff could have put new level caps at the start rather then waiting in the middle & to make the war shorter. I personally was a little disappointed that this war may be rushed since you have to deliver it this week with some other stuff also however I do understand that the staff had a lot of things to do when making the release. Although I will be extremely pleased if there is a new level cap coming out at start of the war.
Epic  Post #: 182
6/17/2013 15:36:40   
ValkyrieKnight

@ Hulk

With stat requirements / level removed the skies the limit, they've created more than enough gear to support a cap increase. However, that means they'll need to make new maps / npcs / quest in order to accommodate that, I don't think the team is ready just yet.
AQW Epic  Post #: 183
6/17/2013 15:45:53   
The Incredible Hulk
Banned

quote:

they'll need to make new maps / npcs / quest in order to accommodate that, I don't think the team is ready just yet.

However we do have new maps although we do not need NPCs as this is a Pvp game but there is a limit to how much xp you get on an NPC although I do agree with you on the quests where you have to make wins which can benefit us from getting wins but also xp together but the factor is that some of us want to go to level 36 and be the top dogs rather then being a lower level then the level cap.

But I disagree because it will be fun for me to level up rather then getting achievements and I think the team are ready but are just very scared about balances which eventually may lead into people leaving.
Epic  Post #: 184
6/17/2013 15:54:12   
Ranloth
Banned

There's so many Token missions my 5th hasn't done, either due to difficulty or lazyness, and now I'm having a blast. :3 This will easily allow him to get one more passive Core leaving one active left for the Gun (Energy Shot + BH with EMP = bad idea), otherwise he's got all the items with Cores! :D I could save for a Bot instead! :D
AQ Epic  Post #: 185
6/17/2013 16:18:59   
ValkyrieKnight

quote:

The Incredible Hulk

However we do have new maps although we do not need NPCs as this is a Pvp game but there is a limit to how much xp you get on an NPC although I do agree with you on the quests where you have to make wins which can benefit us from getting wins but also xp together but the factor is that some of us want to go to level 36 and be the top dogs rather then being a lower level then the level cap.

But I disagree because it will be fun for me to level up rather then getting achievements and I think the team are ready but are just very scared about balances which eventually may lead into people leaving.

We do need new Npcs, we need the level cap to make sense. It would be rather strange to have content to, lets say 37 and there be nothing at level 37 for us to purchase, earn, or well, interact with, a barren wasteland that people would wonder why it was implemented in the game. It could also be seen as a lazy cop out to distract us from other things being done in the game cause we're too busy leveling.

How are you going to make new quest without new Npcs? Simply slap quest on Npcs that don't offer quest? Again seems like lazy design in my opinion and again wouldn't make sense, low level Npcs giving high level quest?

As for the exp thing, that's one of my primary reasons for leaving the game for as long as I did. I can't understand how some players could fight this many battles on one character and not get bored of the game I mean sweet jeebus ! I think we're all tired of seeing "has reached level cap" everytime we win a fight.
AQW Epic  Post #: 186
6/18/2013 9:00:26   
Ranloth
Banned

After doing so many missions between yesterday and today, I'm quite liking the new map. Got it mostly memorized by now and it makes jumping much easier than before! Although it could use some graphical improvements - especially when you zoom in -, it's a good start. :D
AQ Epic  Post #: 187
6/18/2013 10:35:37   
The Incredible Hulk
Banned

I didn't get the map memorized ;'(. Too much since I do not jump around alot
Epic  Post #: 188
6/18/2013 16:10:35   
Omega Devil ED

I think that the new achivment mustn't tell you the number of the tokens you have donate in your current faction. This would be unfair. I had donate over 10,000 tokens in old factions but now i have donate just 35 tokens in my current faction. Some people may had donate over 50,000 and then left their factions. It's unfair not to reward them ,and me, for the donations.

Epic  Post #: 189
6/18/2013 16:14:01   
toopygoo

yeah it should dsilpay how much youve donated to faction in your career.
AQW Epic  Post #: 190
6/18/2013 17:26:26   
HD V!$ionX

I like the idea of level cap rising just b4 war.
AQW Epic  Post #: 191
6/18/2013 18:31:04   
ReinVI

nah we don't need a level cap increase right now.
Epic  Post #: 192
6/18/2013 20:14:22   
toopygoo

yeah i dont think we need a level cap raise right now. there will be abig change with the set up of skills and stuff to figure out and work around, so that will serve as your rebuild and re-orgnization instead of finding new builds to beat lower levels.
i understand you miss gaining experience and whatnot, but that should be saved for december/january when such a big update is not just around the bend, and there isnt too much you can do to keep players interested.
AQW Epic  Post #: 193
6/18/2013 20:21:26   
Ranloth
Banned

Change in skills does justify the level cap raise, it brings in the variety (or let's hope so) which means players might end up playing more than they do now. Furthermore, saving level cap raise until December/January? Yeah, because players who spend Christmas with their family or relaxing will go for ED instead. Summer means big events (War) and majority of the players have vacation which means they can relax, go out or play ED. With the War, it gives players something to aim for (next level) and help in the war. Two birds in one stone.
AQ Epic  Post #: 194
6/19/2013 1:50:03   
The Incredible Hulk
Banned

quote:

yeah i dont think we need a level cap raise right now. there will be abig change with the set up of skills and stuff to figure out and work around, so that will serve as your rebuild and re-orgnization instead of finding new builds to beat lower levels.
i understand you miss gaining experience and whatnot, but that should be saved for december/january when such a big update is not just around the bend, and there isnt too much you can do to keep players interested.

Well for sure, I'm not interested in anything but the war. After that I'll probably quit for a very long time. If level 36 comes out this war like last year, then I don't have to worry about leveling up in the future.
Epic  Post #: 195
6/19/2013 2:25:33   
Silver Sky Magician

Would it be better to buy achievements now or after the token sweep?
Post #: 196
6/19/2013 4:41:37   
skeletondude

^ 1 token= 10 credits
So buying with tokens is better

AQW Epic  Post #: 197
6/19/2013 16:10:24   
HD V!$ionX

Uh huh lv cap inccrease is a great idea for war, as this will get all the ED veterans back, as now ED is adieing game and a lot of peaople have quit. A lv cap increase will give them more reason to play and for new build to emerge. Like trans said this will encourage a variaty of builds and make the game more fun. The passive idea I dont like, but I guess I could live with it if a lv cap came around. Alsso I agree with the family time fact trans said plus there are more tests after christmas and christmas is just more hetic, in summer after going to athelitics training playing some ED to get to a higher lev sounds great.
AQW Epic  Post #: 198
6/19/2013 16:25:41   
Mother1

^

With the way it is now I doubt it. Battles are hard enough to find as it is and you want a level cap increase? People will have quite a time trying to level up. With the infernal war we had NPC count for EXP (since they weren't removed yet) Yet in the war if there are NPC they won't since they don't work like that anymore. Not to mention we have a much smaller player base and we have to fight with exile if you are legion and visa versa.
Epic  Post #: 199
6/19/2013 17:23:29   
The Incredible Hulk
Banned

quote:

With the way it is now I doubt it. Battles are hard enough to find as it is and you want a level cap increase?

So are you suggesting to me that once the game gets over 2000 players (roughly), that is when we should raise the level cap? By that time the game would die out since firstly most of the player base will be 35 and will be bored of the level cap.

Increasing the level cap would be an ideal option.

If the game does get alot of players playing the game (over 10k) I would suggest increasing the level cap every 5 times per year. But I do understand why they do it once a year since they do have a small amount of players playing the game.

quote:

Not to mention we have a much smaller player base and we have to fight with exile if you are legion and visa versa.

It doesn't matter if we have a smaller player base.
There are many options to play & win now although I do know that level 29+ are having a bad time fighting with two level 35s.
The reason behind why people are leaving IMO is because of cores OR it is actually people want updated weapons but cannot afford it which is another problem; that also goes for enhancements aswell. I know many people that want updated weapons but it's ashame they cannot afford it which is another problem.
Epic  Post #: 200
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 7 [8] 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= June 13th, 2013 - Daring Design Notes
Page 8 of 9«<56789>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition