Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =DF= DoomKnight Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= DoomKnight Discussion Thread
Page 6 of 14«<45678>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/24/2015 20:01:00   
Almighty Agathor

@GreenGuy23, thank you, but I already knew that. Haha. I bought a lvl 1 Seppy helm to show over my DmK helm, as I feel that it is the best looking helm to match the armor. And obviously there are a few other items to match. I was just wondering if there are plans to add a few more items to match the armor. Like, maybe a couple more helms, maybe a cape or some wings, a few new weapons, possibly a couple per base class... Just about that sums up what I was wondering.
DF AQW  Post #: 126
4/24/2015 20:02:47   
Ash

DragonRider is part of the reason we don't want to do that anymore. There are THREE versions of it. (Normal, Bacon for that one fight and if you happen to ever want to save that, and then the "new" skills). To avoid any issues with space later on we try not to toss out bunches of slots for armors. 1 slot per armor unless it's ABSOLUTELY necessary. And by ABSOLUTELY I don't mean, "well it's special", I mean "this is necessary." It's not necessary to have multiple DoomKnight entries. I'm already going to have to most likely do that for the GPS update and I'm not happy about using another slot for that when there are already two. No wastey space unless necessary.

Almighty Agathor - Eventually you'll get more doom helms in that shop. Beyond that beg Rags or Tomix when one of them has any time. (They don't have a lot.)

< Message edited by Ash -- 4/24/2015 20:03:39 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 127
4/24/2015 20:06:20   
Almighty Agathor

Thank you for the reply @Ash! I am excited to hear of new helms! This is why I only bought the level 1 helm, I only paid 100 DC's for it.

Let me ask you, does a machine such as yourself ever experience fear?!
DF AQW  Post #: 128
4/24/2015 20:09:09   
Lord Arkatares

@ Almighty Agathor: (smiling Cheerfully) Well I'll be... WELCOME TO OUR RANKS, AGATHOR!!!

@ the Rest
Doom Knight is just fine stat and skill wise just the way I is for the most part for a 60-80$ Class
aside from Split being next to useless against anything other than faires and several skills taking
way longer to complete than they should,(I think Void, revert and aura) the DoomKnight Class
is in far more desperate need of a Cosmetic Revamp for it's armor, weapon, helm, cape and it's skills,
and don't tell me to just use the Doom Phoenix helm if I don't like looks of the the one provided,
stat wise that thing can't hold a candle to the one we have already, and let's be honest;
turning into the Littlest Darkness Dragon (Littlest Hobo Reference) may have been fun for awhile
but I think we could use an upgrade to full sided DOOM dragon rather than mere Darkness dragon,
or maybe if a full sided dragon can't be made to fit on screen without clasing with companion's
then perhaps a onehanded version of that Doom kamehameha Caitiff used in serenity Gone,
but with the same stats either way as the old vengeance, also this is just an idea so don't rip my head off
over it, and maybe changing the color of the armor and eyes a bit, Pink and vermillion just don't feel Doomy
enough, maybe Blood red dark Crimson, or Dark Violet, for the eyes and maybe a mix of the two with some
black and silver for the armor, helmet, cape or maybe something styled after the lastest Gen of Doom weapons?
(It looks to similar to sepulchure's Armor, making it feel like we're just cosplaying as him instead of making Doomknight our Own)
finally maybe a new design for the Helmet and Sword, the helmet is WAY TOO unimaginative, once again don't tell me to just use
the Doom Phoenix Helm instead, it's stats are too weak, compared to the one we already have, and as for the Sword, well I think
it should be remodeled to look more like the new Gen of Doom Weapons the Corrupt Doom weapon's, but beyond that I think
the rest could just use some more modern Graphic's and animation's compared to the one's they have now, let's face it; the Dev's have
come a long way since the Doom Knight was first released and all thing's considered I think this 60-80$ class needs an update far more
than the rest.
Post #: 129
4/24/2015 20:16:20   
Almighty Agathor

@Lord Arkatares, thank you for the welcome! It has been awesome so far! Farmed a couple of levels within a few hours, and I have been waiting for the new release!

quote:

and don't tell me to just use the Doom Phoenix helm if I don't like looks of the the one provided

Honestly, I'd find one you like the looks of. (I like Seppy's helm, so I bought the Lvl 1 version, as it was 100 DC's, and I click "show", so I have the stats from the helm that came with DmK, but the looks of Seppy's helm.) But, if we do see some new additions to the Doom Helms shop, hopefully they look really intimidating, even if they cannot hold a candle to the helm that came with DmK.

quote:

The DoomKnight Class is in far more desperate need of a Cosmetic Revamp for it's armor, weapon, helm, cape and it's skills,

I agree, to an extent. I think that if the colors matched the new Doom Weapons, that DmK would look seriously awesome. I dunno who plays AQW, but if you have, kind of like the Onyx and Gold DmK on that game, just not the gold.. Lol

< Message edited by Almighty Agathor -- 4/24/2015 20:18:42 >
DF AQW  Post #: 130
4/24/2015 20:18:46   
shadow dragon666

Ash: Fair enough on it taking up a slot. Do you have any on paper notes of what skills might look like if you were to revamp them?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 131
4/24/2015 21:14:34   
mds2006

This is just me, so it doesn't really mean much, but if any changes were to happen to DmK, they definitely should be massive animation updates. The most recent version of Evolved Dragonlord and now Ascended Chickencow are way flashier. That should not be the case forever. >.>

That, and maybe make Vengeance usable from the start, however give it a somewhat long cooldown that carries over to future battles. Probably like a minimum of 10 turns or something...I dunno the standard for that, if there is one...

...Then Taunt could be replaced with something awesome...and not something that makes your opponent stronger for a bit. <_<
But I'm not very creative, so I wouldn't know what to replace it with...

But that's just what I think. Which doesn't mean much, because I'm not a dev. Oh well.

< Message edited by mds2006 -- 4/24/2015 21:17:53 >
Post #: 132
4/24/2015 21:24:16   
Lord Arkatares

@ MDS 2006
It isn't just you, ALOT of us are hoping for Massive animation
update's, I don't know about the whole: make Vengeance available
from the start thing though, the whole taunt your opponent's before
Annihilating them give the skill it's drama, although I suppose it
can be a bit of a long wait for it if you haven't charged the skill
in a previous fight, but I'd rather what we have than a Long Cooldown
after an easy first turn use.
Post #: 133
4/24/2015 21:31:48   
Ash

Tomix hasn't even been able to get AoT finished animation wise because the normal releases get in the way. He still has Paladin art to finish as well. I wouldn't expect ANY art or animation updates to come even remotely soon, if at all. The class doesn't look bad, nor do the animations, it's just not overly flashy. In any case you actually aren't even paying FOR the class. You're paying for the DC's and the class and items are extras.

quote:

Do you have any on paper notes of what skills might look like if you were to revamp them?

I have ideas. Some involving fixing issues like Void and Revert not stalling out the game and acting more like the PumpkinLord and Pirate shield in that they trigger instantly on hit and not "at the end of turn". I need to get through the final class revamps, Mana Potion training fixes, and other stuff before I even talk to Geo about my plans for even attempting any changes to see if she'd even be ok with it.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 134
4/24/2015 21:50:20   
Azan

Flashy animations do not necessarily mean powerful skills. DmK's animations are fine the way they are, in my opinion at least. The short animations make it excel as a warmonger class (when I'll have enough money to buy it, I'll love DmK's short warmongering animations in wars .) And look at Seppy's animations: they weren't that flashy actually... conjure a ball of magic, wreck everything, end of turn. And yet Seppy is the strongest monster in-game.

< Message edited by Azan -- 4/24/2015 21:51:25 >
Post #: 135
4/24/2015 22:12:10   
Lord Arkatares

@ Azan

A skill doesn't need to be long to be flashy you know, it can still be flashy even if it is short,
just use your imagination and I think you'll see just how some improved graphic's and Art
as well as some more intense Color's and sound effect's can really spruce those old skill's
up, and make them look downright Epic while still making them very efficient for use in wars,
farming and getting through a fight in general.

Post removed to edit out unnecessary content ~M4B

< Message edited by Melissa4Bella -- 4/25/2015 6:52:52 >
Post #: 136
4/24/2015 22:55:42   
shadow dragon666

Ash: Well those would be welcome right off the bat xD they do sorta lag a little bit when used and would be nice to have them be instant vs at end. I'd say don't worry tons time is one thing we have when it comes to this class since it is an extra perk.

Azan: Yeah some animations are good not being flashy, but some of them are kind of lacking in some cases could have something nice. We have plenty of animated skills which aren't highly lag intensive, but are kinda nice to see as well as quick moving.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 137
4/25/2015 3:52:47   
mew626

I love this class so much because I love power, and this absolute power makes it love it absolutely! The favourite part about DmK is the raw moving power it brings and the capacity to shutdown every mobs that have the unfortunate luck to cross its path with. I think if DmK ever gets revamped, the class should have more ways to demonstrate 'the pwnzor', much like how Roirr was designed in this week's released.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 138
4/25/2015 4:02:01   
Lord Arkatares

@ mew626

Errr, Roirr's, Skills were kind of just a degraded version with
a bit of Roirr's personality added, if it's POWER you're looking for
then you should replay Murky Halls in the Tomix Saga, so you
can see the Unbelievable Pwning Power Vaal had before Roirr
took over his body, I think THATS the kind of Power you're
dreaming of Dmk possessing Post Update.
Post #: 139
4/27/2015 8:11:24   
Snakezarr

I'm hoping it gets nerfed soon and the skills be reworked, I like the DOOOOOOOOOM idea but it just OHKOing everything makes it a fairly boring class to kill stuff with.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 140
4/27/2015 8:56:23   
Shadows Morgenstern

Here's an idea that will keep everyone happy: get rid of the class and say git gud. :)

Ok ok I know people would cry over that. Class really should be nerfed and balanced though, and I don't think the slot for the old class skills should be kept...already seemed silly for DragonRider imo.

And Ash, I really don't think anyone will cry over GPS being fixed and changed.

And bloody hell guys, DmK and DC classes should be the LAST to get any cosmetic updates, what the hell are you guys thinking? And they don't even need any.

< Message edited by Shadows Morgenstern -- 4/27/2015 8:59:52 >

Your signature has been removed because Photobucket replaced it
with a third-party hosting notice that was too large for the forums.
DF  Post #: 141
4/27/2015 9:01:05   
dragon_monster

Nope the class should never have a nerf it should only be buffed and be as OP as ever that is why I bought it.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 142
4/27/2015 9:07:13   
Shadows Morgenstern

dragon_monster: Wrong. What you bought was an extremely good value pack of DC's that had a class as a free bonus.

And it should be buffed? Really? Pay to win much?
DF  Post #: 143
4/27/2015 9:13:24   
dragon_monster

^I really do not mind with pay to win here so yeah buffed it is. And lets be honest people did not bought the package for the DC as that many are pretty much worthless we can lie and all but we all know the real truth. The moment I bought a Dragon Amulet I payed to win so I doubt people are bothered by that in this game.

< Message edited by dragon_monster -- 4/27/2015 9:32:23 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 144
4/27/2015 9:19:16   
kpnut

@Snakezarr: that's what's supposed to do. It's supposed to be the most powerful class in the game (to the point it occupies a tier of its own)
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 145
4/27/2015 10:10:01   
Brasca123

DmK as others have stated should never be nerfed, it is a tier 4 on it's own, it's not taken into account when making releases, you are not forced to use it either, it IS expected to make the game easier, i for once had some serious trouble killing merged akriloth, and would not have minded using DmK to kill it if i had it, some people play only for the story, so having a class that's OP is really nice

and about the visual revamp, i believe it is not necessary, there are a lot of things that need to be done first, it should be done far later than everything else, there could be some nicer animations, but they are not necessary to enjoy the OPness of the class, if it's ever done, it should be when there are no more pressing matters in updating things that affect the gameplay directly and comestic revamps on the things that are REALLY outdated, only then DmK should be considered to get some new animations IMO
AQ DF  Post #: 146
4/27/2015 10:24:34   
Shadows Morgenstern

Ash has already said before it would still be the most powerful class in the game, just actually balanced and not straight up broken.

@dragon_monster: You just said that 40k DCs are useless, I don't think I have to even bother to answer that. Why does it even need to be buffed anyway? It's absolutely game shattering.
DF  Post #: 147
4/27/2015 10:29:04   
dragon_monster

^Its more on the lack of nothing useful to spend them on.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 148
4/27/2015 10:33:18   
Shadows Morgenstern

Bank spaces, inv spaces, many very good items, x-boost, the DC classes, most events have a DC shop, the list goes on and on.

And my point still stands, DoomKnight absolutely and truly does NOT need any buff or art update of ANY kind. It DOES need to be balanced. Honestly it could be kicked to high tier 3 and it wouldn't really affect any of you at all. God forbid any of ye have to think a little during gameplay.
DF  Post #: 149
4/27/2015 10:40:01   
Ash

quote:

It's supposed to be the most powerful class in the game (to the point it occupies a tier of its own)

Wrong, it's NOT supposed to be. I had to GIVE IT ONE because of what it is. It's SUPPOSED to be a tier 3. If this was any other game you wouldn't have gotten this broken item that makes every release meaningless. Why should we have to design every challenge fight knowing that people are just going to walk over it or that we have to make it almost blatantly impossible for DoomKnight's to even struggle? Do you even see the issues with that? That's pay to win and something I'm against with every fiber of my being. You should NEVER have the kind of power DoomKnight is without using a cheat code. It's wrong, breaks the game, and flat out needs to be fixed. I honestly don't care what your views on the armor are. It's broken, period. It's not supposed to be that strong, period. Just like Crit, it's the product of people nagging at Rolith until he made it more than it was supposed to be.

quote:

it's not taken into account when making releases

And that doesn't send up a warning flag for you? Not in any small tiny fashion does a little nudge go "hmmm...maybe something they have to ignore is bad." When I have to second guess every time someone asks for me to build a challenge area because I know they're just going to put on DoomKnight, walk into it, beat it easily and either complain about it being easy OR just do it to get the stronger reward at the end without earning it. I'm sorry but ignoring an item in the game because you paid money for it is the wrong answer.

quote:

it IS expected to make the game easier

At what point is the game actually hard? Yeah when you put it into hard mode it is but for the most part the game is faceroll easy except in a few boss fights. You don't need an armor like DoomKnight to make it easier. You need it to avoid having to plan and invest more than 5 minutes into a release.

< Message edited by Ash -- 4/27/2015 10:46:51 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= DoomKnight Discussion Thread
Page 6 of 14«<45678>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition