Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =EC 2013= Finals Arena OOC

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> The Championships >> RE: =EC 2013= Finals Arena OOC
Page 3 of 4<1234>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/11/2013 22:38:14   
Ryu Viranesh

This cut. Historically, the last cut before the final grouping is always the most difficult to make, since all those who remain have already proven their mettle as RPers. They've made it this far, but for one it must be the end of the road. What this cut hinges on is a noticeable enough drop in quality when comparing their current material to what they produced in the Dropoffs, as well a posting schedule that more often than not meant that they would be posting at the last available minute that they had. Yet despite these two things, this cut was still very, very close.

The Pillar of Ice takes a seat on the scarlet sands, folding its legs inward and laying its massive hammer across them. There's no easy way to say this, but Geddesmck you have been cut. Should you wish to retreat, your gate will reappear on the wall behind the Ice Pillar and will transport you and only you out of the Arena.

The Final Three will have a week (7 days) to wage war on each other, this year's Elemental Championships finally drawing to a close next Sunday, August 18th at 11:00pm sharp. The identity of the Elemental Champion will be announced the following evening on Monday, August 19th.

Good luck to all of you!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 51
8/12/2013 12:18:25   
Legendium

Good luck everybody who is still alive! Oh yeah, I'm back.
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 52
8/13/2013 17:28:40   
Ronin Of Dreams
Still Watching...

So today marks a very special day which will wind up taking up a good portion of my evening. Tis Mama Ronin's birthday, and we are going to be out celebrating with dinner and possibly dessert afterwards, so I will be unavailable for (potentially) several hours. I have been in touch with Gedd, so he should be good to go with his post to free me up, and I will likely work on mine shortly after that goes live once I do return tonight.

*hands out party hats* Y'all take care in the meantime!
AQ  Post #: 53
8/13/2013 21:29:01   
jerenda

*announcer voice* And the first kill of the Championships (unless I am greatly mistaken) goes to Ronin! What will Wind's Champion do next?
AQ DF  Post #: 54
8/13/2013 21:33:26   
Kellehendros
Eternal Wanderer

Hats and stuff!

Post is up. Time of tickles, talon tickles.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 55
8/14/2013 0:16:46   
jerenda

Erhm I do not think that will actually tickle. >_>
AQ DF  Post #: 56
8/16/2013 0:14:27   
Kellehendros
Eternal Wanderer

That should successfully end any chance of peace talks, I should think.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 57
8/16/2013 12:52:36   
Ronin Of Dreams
Still Watching...

Forlorn hope proven to be forlorn? Who knew!

Its okay. Time to get dangerous.
AQ  Post #: 58
8/16/2013 18:26:21   
Kellehendros
Eternal Wanderer

Great, thanks Ronin, now all I can think about is Darkwing Duck.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 59
8/17/2013 15:26:56   
Ronin Of Dreams
Still Watching...

I see no downsides to that.
AQ  Post #: 60
8/17/2013 20:29:26   
Ultrapowerpie

Mail Moogle of AdventureQuest

There's no downside at all.

Also, been enjoying the Finals, just haven't posted, so I am saying it's exciting...

Go Jen!

*goes back to lurking*
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 61
8/18/2013 23:17:12   
jerenda

Oh no! It's locked!

*runs around*
AQ DF  Post #: 62
8/18/2013 23:38:56   
Ronin Of Dreams
Still Watching...

*traps Jerenda with a cage of pillows*

Calm down, you. Judging is occurring!
AQ  Post #: 63
8/19/2013 18:39:27   
Kellehendros
Eternal Wanderer

And now we play the waiting game.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 64
8/19/2013 18:59:52   
Ryu Viranesh

The end of yet another Elemental Championships is finally upon us. This was a year of many changes, with both TD and myself assuming the office of Co-Director, a greatly revamped Finals Intro, the revival of an age old (not really) EC tradition, and the promise of a new Arena for next year's Dropoffs (yes, this will happen). I'd like to thank everyone who's participated for making our first year in charge a great learning experience and quite a bit of fun to boot.

Something that didn't change this year though, was the sheer quality of the RPing that the EC has become known for. There were plenty of amazing posts to see, and now we're left with 3 of the RPers that made some of the very best. Jen, Ronin, Kell, you've all done an amazing job this year and no matter what happens going forward, you should be proud of yourselves. However, there can only be one Elemental Champion, so let us get down to business.

The Champion's greatest strengths this year were how amazingly consistent the quality of each and every one of their posts were, combined with the simply incredible amount of development that their character went through over the course of the EC. It is these two things, combined with an impeccable writing style that have led them to where they are now. This is not to say that the other two did not have their own shining moments, some of which even outshone the Champion's, but neither so frequently as our victor.

Thus, it is with great pleasure that I introduce the 2013 Elemental Champion ... Tharala Swiftwing, as played by Kellehendros.

The Pillar of Wind kicks up one final gust with its mighty wings before its talons seek the sand below, the Pillar's pinions folding up against its body. The Pillar of Earth shudders and its nest of snakes suddenly falls limp, the stone construct crossing its arms over its chest as it continues to stare out at the battlefield. The Pillar of Light reaches up to grasp the hilt of its sword, drawing forth the weapon and holding it high for all to see, bloodstains and all. A new inner light exudes from the pillar, bright and eye-catching, and yet soothing to look at. It was obvious to all that Light had claimed victory this year, and its Chosen gained the boon that many had come seeking.

This has been a long time coming and it's well deserved, Kell. Very well deserved. Jen, Ronin - you two did an incredible job this year and have absolutely nothing to be ashamed of. I can only hope that you will all choose to stick around and grace this Championship with a Crowning, so that we can place a brilliant coda on this year's events.

As such, the Finals Arena will now be unlocked for the purpose of bringing this year's events to conclusion, should the Champion desire.

Thank you all for participating and I hope to see you back next year!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 65
8/19/2013 19:08:14   
jerenda

Woohoo!! *cheers and tackles Kell and snuggles* Congratulations!! You were awesome!! *showers everything in confetti* Now we must have a party!!

(Also, we must have an IC-party although it will be less of a party because DRAMA. But we've got to wrap this thing up, agreed?)
AQ DF  Post #: 66
8/19/2013 19:37:19   
Kellehendros
Eternal Wanderer

Thank you Ryu and TD, I'm honored, very honored, and thank you as well to Jerenda and Ronin, and all the other entrants this year. I've had move fun playing with you guys than any other time I've entered (or hosted), and I look forward to wrapping things up with you all.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 67
8/19/2013 21:43:53   
Starstruck

Kai's shop is still open in case you want to have your DRAMA there. Well. I don't think there's any good explanation for why the DRAMA would go there, other than the owner was a competitor. But it would still be an okay setting.

Also I completely misread and thought that Kieran had won ._. way to go Star, way to go. You're so very smart. Congrats Kell! Nice job Ferret Ronin!

JERENDA IT'S OKAY

NEXT YEAR KAI AND GABRIEL WILL HAVE THE MOST FUN EVER

Eukara keeps leading me on with her reaction posts. Which one is going to be the one where the wing breaks? :O How will Snjor react? I actually cannot wait.
DF MQ  Post #: 68
8/21/2013 16:49:24   
jerenda

Posted! Sorry it took me so long. Gabriel took the Withdrawal option.

@Silly Star. Gabriel won't be playing again next year. She might consider returning in two years, if the stars align, but we shall see. :)

Eukara is tempting me as well with her reaction posts. I am considering adding a section in the Fountain arena about aftermath.

Speaking of aftermath... *pokes Gedd* Hey. Awkward romance? ^_^
AQ DF  Post #: 69
8/25/2013 0:55:21   
Kellehendros
Eternal Wanderer

Someone needs a hug. Also, I like the aftermath Jen, hoping to see some more hilarious Gabriel and Reeve interactions. :p
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 70
8/26/2013 17:40:13   
Ryu Viranesh

One step closer to giving her that hug! The minor bunnies of both TD's and Kell's characters have been approved beforehand.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 71
8/26/2013 18:54:52   
jerenda

Hugs for everyone!! (I'm looking at you, Kieran.)
AQ DF  Post #: 72
9/15/2013 17:39:58   
Kellehendros
Eternal Wanderer

Sorry for the delay folks, but I promise the post is coming. Hopefully you'll find it worth the wait.

Edit: The post is up! I hope you enjoy it. Many thanks to everyone involved this year, and to TD and Ryu for the hand in this last post.

< Message edited by Kellehendros -- 9/17/2013 20:02:54 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 73
9/18/2013 19:59:39   
jerenda

Lands, that's a big post. *prints to read*
AQ DF  Post #: 74
9/19/2013 10:42:12   
Legendium

*gapes*

The size of that post!

O_O

The day I am able to write that much for a post will be the day I'm finally ready to write a novel.
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> The Championships >> RE: =EC 2013= Finals Arena OOC
Page 3 of 4<1234>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition