Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =DF= DeathKnight Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= DeathKnight Discussion Thread
Page 15 of 22«<1314151617>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/2/2014 11:17:52   
DarkLore

We really appreciate all your hard work you and Cronix put into the DK revamp Ash! I always feel bad for the coders! Its one giant headache having to fix things and please everyone. Take a good break this weekend if you can. You deserve it! By the way.... is there another revamp coming Friday?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 351
10/2/2014 11:21:47   
Ash

The next one will come with the Mogloween Storybook replays.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 352
10/2/2014 11:22:33   
DarkLore

Sweet! When are the replays going to happen?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 353
10/2/2014 12:17:03   
Mr G W

The class is perfect to me. (but that cooldown reduction on the evil skill would be dandy)
AQ DF  Post #: 354
10/2/2014 12:33:40   
Roxas45

Got the items! :D Thanks a Lot Ash :D
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 355
10/2/2014 14:26:59   
pitties

Ash I always wondered about this but how come item preview don't work except for weapons? Can you take a look at this bug if you have time? I hate not being able to preview items from shops.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 356
10/2/2014 14:27:12   
Mr G W

Glitch found:

- If you change the passive to heal yourself, change target and attack then you switch back to the damage passive but also keep the healing passive.

If the passive switch skill is re-used after this, it will give you the message "you shift the passive to heal you" and the damage passive is cleared, until you change target again and you get both passives at same time again.

Seems the problem is that there is a missing check so it "forgets" you switched passives upon target change and re-applies it. (probably the same reason why the passive resets back to base amount when targets are switched).

Basically it shouldn't try to re-apply the damage passive if you have a healing passive on you

< Message edited by Mr G W -- 10/2/2014 15:47:57 >
AQ DF  Post #: 357
10/2/2014 14:41:56   
deather98

quote:

The next one will come with the Mogloween Storybook replays.

Sounds like either one of the pumpkinlord armor or zardbie? Either one will be cool. (preferably zardbie XD)
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 358
10/2/2014 14:47:17   
crabpeople

I'm ok with my previous sugestion of a 1 turn cd reduction on the multi. Also I think the class is ready to go live this friday (me and most of the maniacs who are mashing the save button at their closet).
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 359
10/2/2014 14:55:26   
Mr G W

I'd say once the glitch passive is patched it should be ready to go live
AQ DF  Post #: 360
10/2/2014 15:00:39   
DarkLore

If Ash realizes the glitch before tomorrow. I too want to save this class so bad! We look so evil and awesome! That glowing eye showing through our eyelids needs fixing to. It happens when our heroes shut their eyes.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 361
10/2/2014 15:56:50   
Mr G W

Another thing...

Necro's passive lasts 99 turns so you can swap targets and they all get the aura. This is not possible with deathknight as it only lasts 1 turn.

This is probably to prevent having both passives at once but still pointing it out.
AQ DF  Post #: 362
10/2/2014 16:05:25   
crabpeople

Yep ebil!!!!! btw do you have any cape/wing in mind (not counting the set cape) that would fit his style? weaver cape fits but looks kind of simple. Entropic cape looks ok too.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 363
10/2/2014 19:28:42   
_DoppelGanger_

Ash, can you change the armor skill to the non-DA side? i read a little time ago when players were complaining about DK on another thread and you spoke that this skill would be moved to the left side when the revamp were released...not to mention that the way it is now we non-DAs don't have a good reason to farm for the equipment although they have good stats.
Post #: 364
10/2/2014 19:41:40   
Deviance

Can there be an announcement for Pally art? All these threads make me think I'll miss it by some odd occasion ;P

This was always my favorite class when I didnt have a DA. Now its just as brilliant ^^
DF  Post #: 365
10/2/2014 21:18:35   
Drop_Bear

The multi doing evil damage is fine as the extra damage from weaknesses rarely seem to help when hitting lower hp side mobs though a lower cool down even by 1 would be quite nice even if unnecessary.

I'd like to give support to dark rite having 3 turns of 8% healing as it keeps it more in line with the other classes and how it used to be. Roughly 10% heals a large enough amount while still taking time to heal and works quite well for kathool, dragonlord, entropy etc and worked really well for death knight in the past, I understand the nerf from 30% to 25% but i feel 8% over 3 turns would better offset healing against hard hitting bosses and make it more viable to heal on mobs throughout longer quests.
Post #: 366
10/2/2014 21:55:19   
ProstheticFate

Actually you can increase the HoT from dark rite with certain equips that give "Heal -" resist in the game so it's almost on par on DL's HoT except it lasts for 5 turns, for me I went from healing 134 for 5 turns to healing up to 274 for 5 turns. This also works on necromancer's HoT.

Also DL's heal doesn't benefit from "Heal -" because it's already capped out in how much it could heal I think that's how it works or else DL's heal would be too broken.

Soo... The buff for dark rite is redundant because of that alone but the equips with "Heal-" may not exactly give the best stats so you probably might be sacrificing M/P/M or a few crit points.

< Message edited by ProstheticFate -- 10/2/2014 22:15:29 >
Post #: 367
10/3/2014 3:05:29   
Roxas45

i just tried the impossible doomcrawler with the dk....

it was easier than the Dr. When fight.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 368
10/3/2014 3:33:38   
crabpeople

I don't mind the rite change but it would convert it into a weaker version of the old coil. I'm saying it because if you use the all -30 skill and then rite, the lifesteal dot deals +- double damage.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 369
10/3/2014 7:54:15   
Mr G W

So i have managed to break the passives a bit more, in addition to the above issue with both passives at same time...

- If you change target and then use the passive swap, nothing happens.

Probably since neither you or target have the passives, the game doesn't know what to do.

I guess if neither you or the target have passives, then it should just assume you are using the damage passive and switch to the healer passive.

< Message edited by Mr G W -- 10/3/2014 7:55:19 >
AQ DF  Post #: 370
10/3/2014 8:18:31   
crabpeople

yeh if the target with the dot dies, the passive doesn't exist that turn. It would exist if you decide to attack another target. Switching doesn't work because there's no passive at that moment. It's not a bug, Just game mechanics.

If it keeps causing trouble, may I suggest having both passives with 50% power at 99turns ? I mean considering lv80 weapons a max heal of +-40/turn (it heals +-80 for me) and a max dot of +-50/turn (it damages +-105 for me).

Edit: Welp we'll have to wait for master Ash to make his appearance but looks like the test will last for a bit longer (must not spam save button on closet ).

< Message edited by crabpeople -- 10/3/2014 8:57:02 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 371
10/3/2014 8:25:30   
Mr G W

It is a bug. It is something not working correctly. And for all effects, bugs ARE game mechanics so that is a pretty bad excuse.

It should be easy to fix by making it check for the healing passive on you rather than the damage passive on the enemy (which causes trouble when you switch targets)

If you don't have the healer passive, then you are applying damage passives. You don't need to check an enemy for that.

And if you have the healer passive, then you are not applying damage passives. This change would also fix the issue where you apply BOTH passives at same time when you swap targets.

Since the damage passive only lasts 1 turn rather than 99 like necromancer, there is no need to clear them as they will wear off anyway if not re-applied.

< Message edited by Mr G W -- 10/3/2014 8:32:45 >
AQ DF  Post #: 372
10/3/2014 8:49:41   
megakyle777

All the problems the two passives have seem to be linked to target switching and passive switching. I can't see it ever working as intended without something major being done in that area, and even if it was there's still the issue of it reapplying on a new target rather then carrying over. A two passive skill just does not work it seems.
DF  Post #: 373
10/3/2014 9:01:55   
Ash

quote:

It should be easy to fix by making it check for the healing passive on you rather than the damage passive on the enemy (which causes trouble when you switch targets)

>.>

It already checks that. That's why, if you weren't trying to find every single way possible to make it break, when you switch to the heal it knows to heal you. Let me put this into perspective for you. Deathknight has 1,568 lines of code, of that 715 are the passive. If it was a simple fix like "oh well stupid me I just forgot to put in a check for the healing passive...DOH!" then it would have been fixed already. I'll path out what's going on and try to get it fixed over the weekend. Until then, yes I know it breaks over multi battles.

megakyle777 - Instead of trying to decide for me, why not let me decide if I can fix my own coding first.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 374
10/3/2014 9:21:17   
megakyle777

Sorry, I did not mean it like that. /:
DF  Post #: 375
Page:   <<   < prev  13 14 [15] 16 17   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= DeathKnight Discussion Thread
Page 15 of 22«<1314151617>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition