Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Isle of Dracos - OOC

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> Role Playing >> RP OOC >> RE: Isle of Dracos - OOC
Page 2 of 8«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/29/2014 22:10:57   
Draycos777

Ok, I just wanted to know if there'd be other creatures besides dragons that we should watch out for like sea monsters, Wyverns, Rocs or Hydras.
AQ  Post #: 26
1/29/2014 22:46:36   
TJByrum

Wyverns, perhaps, but not common enough to overshadow dragons. Hydras, sure, maybe. Rocs? Not sure what that is, and Google search did nothing for me.

EDIT: It should be noted that Taran Kalzar I is the mot decorated figure in the history of the Isle. He was a great warrior, and he led a campaign that united the entire Isle. Although a great warrior, his true skill lie in his charisma. Taran was diplomatically-proficient, and he could literally talk his enemies into becoming loyal allies. Some believe he saved thousands of lives, and this is mostly why he was such a beloved king. Taran gifted his five loyal friends with dragon eggs and installed them as lords of the five holds, while he himself reigned as king and lord of the sixth hold.

Alternatively, Taran Kalzar I was a greedy and bloodthirsty warlord who arose during the Reunification Wars. His words were laced with poisonous trickery that corrupted and entranced the other warlords into doing his bidding. He installed five great generals in the five holds to spread fear, who then preached to their people to love Taran even though his atrocious warcrimes were largely acquitted. To ensure dominance, he gave his five generals dragon eggs, so if the people ever rebelled the dragons would hatch and maintain fear and power.

< Message edited by TJByrum -- 1/29/2014 23:24:07 >
DF AQW  Post #: 27
1/30/2014 8:42:40   
Draycos777

a Roc is a giant mythical bird of prey. They are like the bird version of dragons without magic and elemental breath attacks.

Also that last bit was confusing. Which story are you going with lore-wise or have you not yet decided?

< Message edited by Draycos777 -- 1/30/2014 8:43:11 >
AQ  Post #: 28
1/30/2014 9:14:52   
TJByrum

Roc's may exist, but they'd be rare. I want the people of the Isle to be appalled by the sudden appearance of dragons. They have to seem fresh and new to the people. Assuming everyone saw roc's and wyverns, it's lose that shock value, you know? So sure, rocs and wyverns may exist, but they're very rare.

And that 'confusing' story is suppose to be two-sided. Historical accounts are not always correct. It's open for interpretation. The Kalzar believe he was a just hero, but I am positive there is someone out there who believes otherwise. It's just like Dracos himself: was he really a horrible leader? Did someone rebel against him to claim power? Was Dracos actually a good guy? It's all open to interpretation. Those in power are those who decide the truth. You'll see a bit of this two-sidedness between Jorn and Kaila.
DF AQW  Post #: 29
1/30/2014 12:02:12   
Draycos777

alright, thanks for the clear up and no worries, in their own mythological lines Rocs, Wyverns and Hydras are known to be as rare as dragons. Wyverns even more so because they are a dragon sub-species. Rocs are always traveling from land to land looking for food to feed their young. the time frame it takes to grow from childhood to adult changes from story to story but, I'd say the average is 100 years (give or take). So they don't really bother humans unless they felt that their nest was in danger. Hydras are well, Hydras, I'm sure you know them well enough. We could say something along the line of: "Now that dragons have once again returned to the land, monsters of all kinds have become more active seeking their old rivals." It's your choice though, you don't have to, I'm just giving a suggestion.

< Message edited by Draycos777 -- 1/30/2014 12:06:32 >
AQ  Post #: 30
1/30/2014 12:07:29   
TJByrum

Well there's a reason the dragon eggs have hatched at the same time in recent times. Hydras/rocs/wyverns coming back may be coming back for the same reason. Or maybe they've been around, but they're more aggressive now. Whatever the case, I can include them in the RP to terrorize your people and armies.
DF AQW  Post #: 31
1/30/2014 12:31:25   
black knight 1234567

Hmm...can someone be working under a lord or must you strictly be a lord or some rag tag bandit/mercenary/''normal'' folk? also, are the assassins reserved for you and only you or can others make a bio for one of them?
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 32
1/30/2014 12:36:21   
Legendium

Before I feel like I can truly make my bio, although I've already started, I need to know a bit more about the history of Dracos. Were there no people here before the first settlers came? Because I was thinking that my character's ancestors could have come from tribes in Craghold before the King came. And that they were very against the rule of a King...

Aside from that, I really, really want to develop Craghold a lot. I've been thinking of possible geographic setups, and my main idea is to have lots and lots of uninhabitable mountains to the west and north, frozen marshes to the east and a valley and pine forest in the middle and south, where most people will live. It's also where the river will flow through, fed by glaciers is the mountains.\

Oh, and speaking of rivers, can I say one thing real quick? I read on the Cartographer's Guild that most rivers in fantasy maps are geographically incorrect. Rivers never split they only converge. Also, lakes are very rare occurrences, and only one river can possibly flow from one, due to erosion.

But yeah. My character is on the way.

And on the topic of animals, can I make some new animals in Craghold that are not really magical, but do not exist on earth? I was thinking of some kind of horned snow-lion or so.

@BK
Well, on the first post it says the assassin's are an unplayable faction, sooooo.....

And if you want to serve under a Lord, we might be able to arrange something. You could always be a minor lord in one of the Holds, answering to the main Lord. That is, if the political system works that way.

< Message edited by Legendium -- 1/30/2014 12:37:59 >
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 33
1/30/2014 12:47:39   
TJByrum

@BK: You can be a Lord or Other. Other can be anything. Jorn, for example, is a sellsword. He can work for anyone he chooses to. He could lead a lord's army if he was given that honor. I may even allow you to be a minor lord, like Legendium said, but you won't have an army, as that army will belong solely to the hold lord. The assassins are only for me. If you want to try and make an assassin-character, go ahead, but he can't be in the Red Assassins. That's a plot element reserved for plot-purposes.

@Legendium: I can show you a more detailed history later, but I'll answer your initial questions.
1. Inhabitants had already lived on the Isle. But they were scattered and leaderless, sort of like Native Americans I guess. But they were not primitive, they lived in villages and towns and were like medieval-people. Dracos and his dragonriders arrived in - probably - Rockhold. Most people showered his gifts, either out of fear or joy. Dracos and his riders established a kingdom. These people are generally referred to as the First Men, but they intermingled with and later merged with refugees fleeing from Omeria (lying to the west). It is VERY possible for their to be 'true First Men' bloodlines who try and stay pure. And yes, they may have despised King Dracos. When Dracos was killed in the rebellion, about 7 or so decades of war followed (the Reunification Wars). When Taran Kalzar I unified the land, he divided the Isle into five holds, and each hold he installed one of the five most loyal families, and gave them each an egg.

2. Please, developed Craghold as much as you want. I love collaborating, and I will use your descriptions in the lore.

3. Most of my fantasy maps lead from mountains in the north, flow south, and split into deltas or other rivers.

4. Please, I encourage you to use any sort of animal you want, so long as its not unicorns ans such. Sabre-tooth tigers, direwolves, etc are all allowed.
DF AQW  Post #: 34
1/30/2014 13:28:27   
Draycos777

I think I'm gonna love using the cave and mine system in Gemhold as a defensive measure; this feels like it's gonna be tons-o-fun playing a kingdom setting this time, and the first step the twins make should be a good one(some one call for a population boost?).

< Message edited by Draycos777 -- 1/30/2014 13:29:47 >
AQ  Post #: 35
1/30/2014 17:25:37   
black knight 1234567

Hmm...would anyone want a loyal bodyguard/servant who also serves as sort of a best friend and adviser for the lord? so I know what to make.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 36
1/30/2014 17:40:51   
Riprose123

Could I reserve Bloodhold? I'll hopefully have a bio up by tomorrow night. Otherwise expect it on saturday.
DF MQ  Post #: 37
1/30/2014 17:41:50   
Draycos777

@BK I'm not sure about the adviser part but, if TJBrum is alright with it, I'm more then happy with opening up one of the Guild Leader spots, of the eight pillars, for you since their important to GemHold. Halvard works closely with the Mining Guilds, while Gemma works with the Artisan Guilds. You could make a bio for one of them and help tell their role in GemHold. Or you can be the leader of one of the smaller Mining Guilds starting from scratch.

Edit: Some animal designs for GemHold; thanks for the idea Legendium

Aranea(singular), Araneus(plural): Intelligent spider-like creatures that live within the caves of Gemhold. In return for shelter and food, many Araneus serve as beast-of-burden, moving and carrying around rock, ore, stones and metal bars and components. Many others however, do not choose to live this way and live in the unoccupied caves and have no problem eating a "snack" that happens to wander into their lair. They differ from earth spiders as they only have 4 eyes that see infrared, they have no venom or silk sacks, are much smarter(planing attacks in groups, living together in packs, making decisions), are stronger and are the size of a full grown Bull Mastiff.

Tree Fairy: Tree Fairies are not real fairies from storybooks instead, are small creatures that scurry up and down trees. Tree Fairies never leave the tree they are born in, even when blown away by wind or removed from their tree they will always return. Why they are so keen on which tree they choose to live in is unknown at the current moment. The body of the Tree Fairy is about the size two human thumbs side by side and is covered by long hair colored either brown, black or gray. Fairies live for 3 years and will have around 1-4 offspring the last 2 years. Fairies feed on flower nectar and on tree sap using a claw hidden in the body to puncture the bark. Once dehaired and declawed, cooked right, fairy meat is known to be sweet and honey tasting, good for soups, stews and as serving snacks. They live in the coast region of Gemhold.

< Message edited by Draycos777 -- 1/31/2014 11:07:42 >
AQ  Post #: 38
1/30/2014 23:07:22   
Riprose123

I have a question. You said there were an indigenous species already on the isle before settlers showed up. Have they been assimilated, or are they still out there, just doing their own thing? And if so, does their culture or physical appearance differ from region to region? And how do they differ from the non-native population?
DF MQ  Post #: 39
1/30/2014 23:29:20   
Kellehendros
Eternal Wanderer

Just want to post my interest here. I'm looking at Riverhold and making plans. I'm going to be busy tomorrow, but I'm hoping to have things together and update this post Saturday with the details for your approval, barring someone pipping me to the post and submitting something.

Edit: Right, here we are. Sorry for the slight delay, but it is still Saturday, so I hope you'll pardon. The wall is below.

Name: Aurena Vance
Titles: Lady Regent of Riverhold, Viscountess of Kal Haven, Warden of Rivers, Mistress of Grain

The sigil of House Vance is a red fox. Aurena's personal arms are a gules fox courant over a trio of grain sheaves, or on vert (Which is to say, a red fox in full chase over three golden sheaves of grain, on a field of green). House Vance's words are This Endures.

Aurena:
Aurena stands at the tall end the scale for women, just a hair under five feet and eleven inches in height. She has the slender, graceful frame of a noblewoman whose life has been troubled by no task more difficult than the wielding of a pair of knitting needles or a quill. Her eyes are a deep emerald green, like fresh, healthy grass, and her hair cascades down her to the middle of her back in curling, amber waves.

Always impeccably dressed, Aurena favors modest skirts and dresses that flatter her figure without being overly revealing. A self-confident and learned woman, she does not feel the need to display herself. That being said, no woman's arsenal is complete without a few artfully revealing numbers. As Aurena will point out, men fight with swords and armor, but a woman's swords are words, and a woman's armor is courtly dress.

An only child, Aurena married into the Vance family. Her maiden name is Therein. The Thereins are an old family, who once held Riverhold as their own. They were toppled in a bloodless coup by House Vance approximately four centuries ago. There was bad blood between the Houses, but a series of marriage alliances over the years reconciled the Houses somewhat, if not completely.

The last Lord of Riverhold was Kenned Vance, a man who was as fiery and passionate as his wife is cool and collected. The pair made a good match, at least in the ruling of Riverhold. Kenned was devoted to his wife, and even though the two were very different, she loved him in return. Aurena had a moderating effect on Kenned's fiery spirit, and she managed to temper many of his rash impulses. If there is one complaint that can be levied against her by her subjects, it is that the Lady Regent of Riverhold is very concerned with propriety and precedent. She has a methodical, detail-oriented mind, and may want for mercy.

Aurena surprises most men, who write her off because of her sex as merely a courtly ornament. Since the death of her husband six years ago she has taken up the regency of Riverhold until the maturity of her son. She is widely read on a great number of subjects, and has manged the affairs of Riverhold with dignity and aplomb, silencing her critics, and increasing the wealth and holdings of House Vance.

House Vance
Lord Kenned Vance (Deceased) - Kenned was killed in a training accident, whilst working with the Royal Chargers. The second son of his family, he advanced into the inheritance of Riverhold upon the death of his older brother due to an outbreak of black pox. The disease ravaged the Riverhold, taking Kenned's younger sister and mother as well. As previously mentioned, the man had a fiery temper, and in many ways was well suited to being commander of the guard, a position he would have held had his brother lived to inherit lordship of Riverhold. He was not particularly well-loved by the smallfolk, but thanks to the effect Aurena had upon him, he became rather more popular after their marriage.

Lady Regent Aurena Vance - The betrothal of Aurena and Kenned occurred when Aurena was twelve. The two were married when Aurena was twenty. The unusual delay to the consummation of the marriage pact was due to the outbreak of the black pox that swept through the Riverhold. The pair had difficulty conceiving, perhaps due to a mild case of the disease that Aurena suffered, and Kenned's tragic death meant there was little time for him to know his offspring. Eight years ago Aurena gave birth to twins, Rowena and Kored.

Kored Vance - Firstborn son of Aurena and Kenned Vance. Kored and his twin sister strongly resemble their father, sharing his straight, fine dark hair and blue eyes. That being said, Kored takes after his mother in temperament. Reserved and possessed of a quiet intelligence, Kored is grave for an eight-year old boy. Like his mother, he often keeps his own counsel. Kored had little chance to know his father, but he is being groomed and trained to one day take rulership of Riverhold.

Rowena Vance - Secondborn of the twins, Rowena inherited her father's temperament. She is fierce and somewhat wild, given to flights of fancy. She can be precocious and charming when she wishes, but most chance of manipulation or subterfuge on her part is ruined by her desire to have her way immediately. While she is still young, her mother struggles to try and tame Rowena's independent streak, in the hope that one day her unruly daughter will be an eligible lady who can make a good marriage for the House.

Notable Vassals, and Aurena's Council of Dukes:
Duke Hereth Therein - Ruler of Kasidan, and Aurena's father. The sigil of House Therein is a sheaf of grain or on vert (Which is to say, a golden sheaf on a field of green). Relations between Aurena and her father are somewhat strained, as Hereth feels his daughter should defer more to the Council of Dukes, which he heads. A staunch traditionalist, he wishes to see his daughter married again, preferably to a scion of a House sworn to House Therein.

Duke Petrick Morn - Ruler of Canor, and suitor of Aurena. The sigil of House Morn is an or stag rampant attired argent on vert (Which is to say, a golden stag with silver rack, rearing on a field of green). Petrick oversees the trade port of Canor, and since the death of Kenned has been doing his best to woo Aurena in a bid to take control of Riverhold.

Duke Ermen Thorpe, Duchess Kamara Thorpe - Rulers of Gentleaf. The sigil of House Thorpe is sable destriers combatant on argent (Which is to say, two black warhorses rearing, face-to-face on a field of silver). Bad blood exists between Aurena and Kamara. The women are of an age, and were both considered as potential matches for Kenned. Kenned's father chose Aurena, and though the two girls were both young, it was a slight that Kamara never forgot. Relations between the two are cool at best, and thankfully Ermen handles most of the business dealings in Gentleaf.

Laewin - Scholar and treasurer of House Vance, an old man who has served the family for years. Laewin is knowledgeable on a wide-range of matters, and serves on Aurena's Council despite holding no noble rank of his own. The dukes generally deride him as an up-jumped commoner, but Laewin knows Riverhold and its daily workings as well or better than any noble.

Damascus - Head of the noble guard, secretly Aurena's paramour. Damascus is a career soldier, having worked his way up through the ranks to his current position as leader of the Royal Chargers through hard work and exemplary talent. Aurena hand-picked him for the position shortly after Kenned's death, much to the surprise and consternation of Riverhold's nobility. The Chargers are generally lead by a scion of a noble house, and installing a commoner into the position was perceived as an insult. Nevertheless, in his four-year tenure as leader of the Royal Chargers, Damascus has overhauled the system of training and outfitting for Riverhold's forces, forcing his detractors to admit that perhaps Aurena knew what she was doing after all. For his personal arms, Damascus has taken a gules lion rampant guardant on vert (Which is to say, a red lion rearing, with its head turned toward the viewer, on a field of green).

Gerris - Tapped by Damascus shortly after he took command of the Royal Chargers, and by extension the forces of Riverhold, Gerris is a man of later years, studied and learned in the ways of science. Generally eschewing tradition and precedent as superstitious and nonsensical, it is Gerris whose ideas, implemented by Damascus, have helped improve the efficacy of Riverhold's forces. From careful mathematical instruction, natural philosophy, and selective breeding, to standardized training regimens, rigorous development testing, and merit-based promotion, Gerris' ideas have created waves. They have also created backlash from the noble houses, forcing Damascus, and by extension Aurena, to play a careful balance between old and new methods.

Armed forces:
Riverhold's forces play to the strengths of the hold itself. With the prevalence and availability of good breeding stocks and ample supplies, the hold fields some of the best cavalry on the island. Of note are the famed Royal Chargers that make up the noble guard. Divided into five detachments of one hundred men, the majority of the Chargers (four hundred men) are trained and horsed as heavy melee cavalry. Heavily armed and armored, the cataphracts of Riverhold are a fearsome sight to behold, and a terror to receive a charge from. The remaining detachment are light horse, trained as messengers and skirmishing cavalry adept at screening marches, moving quickly, and harassing enemy positions and supply lines.

Cavalry in all varieties is a natural specialty of Riverhold, but cavalry alone does not win battles. Riverhold's infantry forces are mainly pikes, backed by glaives and lochaber axes. Foot are generally supplemented by heavy corps of sword- or axemen. At range, the forces of Riverhold use the crossbow, which may be slower to fire than the bow, but is generally easier to use. The crossbow supplies power in a compact frame, and generally requires less maintenance and training than the bow. Massed crossbow volleys are just as deadly as bows, and you don't have to train a man for years before he can reliably hit something with one.

Since Damascus began his overhaul of Riverhold's forces, he has, at Gerris' advice, created a dedicated siege corps. The fledgling force has yet to be tested in any real combat, but has acquitted itself well in several demonstrations thus far.

Dragon:
The Egg of Riverhold has yet to hatch. It holds its place in the House Vance reliquary, an egg of ruby red, like a polished gemstone, lined with veins of green. In the past months, the veins have begun to pulse with a slow, green light.

Riverhold:
The Riverhold, blessed as it is by the great rivers that give it its name, is a fertile land, providing rich farming and good pasturage. The river valleys yield bountiful harvests, the lakes team with fish, and the forests provide wild game. Riverhold is the breadbasket of the island, and due to its prominent position on the western edge of the island, proves a good port for ships sailing to and from the western lands to trade. The pastures of Riverhold also provide good feed and land for the breeding of horses, and the coursers and destriers that came out of the Riverhold are widely praised.

As a result, House Vance enjoys a great degree of wealth. Perhaps not so much as that which is prised from the ground by the Lords of Gemhold, but Aurena has manged her House well, stocking House Vance's treasury with gold, and its storehouses with grain and trade goods. The people of Riverhold are hardworking and generally cheerful, and thought there are some who grumble that the Lady Regent asks a great deal of them, and some think the taxes too high, even objectors will, grudgingly, admit that Aurena has done well and ruled fairly.

Settlements of note include:
Canor - The trade port and gateway to the western lands, Canor is Riverhold's harbor. Shipbuilding is not a major industry in Riverhold. Most vessels built in the hold are barges and transports, designed to move large quantities of materials up and down the rivers. Riverhold has few of the trees required for solid ship-building, and Canor exists more to provide a place for the easy loading and off-loading of trade ships than for the creation of those ships themselves, though it serves well enough as a stopping point for basic repairs.

Gentleaf - Known best for the livestock faire that takes over the settlement once a year, Gentleaf guards the lower ford of the Adlos, standing watch over the river and the royal road that follows it. The road runs between Redriver, Bremming, and Kasidan, while the ford provides access to the Vale of Delet, where the herders and breeders of Riverhold raise and train their famed horses.

Kasidan - Home to House Therein, and once capital of Riverhold, Kasidan is the major trade hub of the hold. Situated at the crossing point of two royal roads (those leading to Bremming, Stonegully, Redriver, and Kal Haven), and watching over the upper ford of the Adlos, Kasidan is a natural stopping-off point for trade caravans moving in and out of the Riverhold. The citadel of Therein's Grasp perches on the hill at the center of the sprawling city, brooding behind its old and crumbling curtain wall. With the fortune of its masters, the citadel waned and crumbled over time, being overshadowed by the rising star of Kal Haven and House Vance to the south and west. Aurena commissioned teams of builders to begin restoration of the old citadel a year ago, supplementing House Therein's efforts with House Vance funding. Whether she looks to restore the glory of her former House's abode, or is simply interested in strengthening the city's defensive bastion, is open to debate.

Kal Haven - Capital of the Riverhold, Kal Haven is a walled city founded by House Vance. Well located at the intersection of the royal roads leading to the three great cities of the Riverhold, and with secure access to the Adlos, House Vance used their position to act as brokers between various interests within Riverhold, gathering power, wealth, and influence over the years, and eventually coming to control the Riverhold itself. Aurena has updated and maintained the castle and city defenses over the years, and though the city proper has spilled out beyond the initial cordon wall, she has made sure that there is plenty of space between the castle wall and the city, and enough open space between the cordon wall inside and out to make an assault on the city a nasty proposition.

History
Riverhold's history, prior to the coming of the Dragonriders, was torn with strife and blood. The natural resources of the land were extremely attractive, and no small number of warlords and would-be conquerors squabbled over the land. Naturally, everything changed with the coming of Dracos. One by one, warlords and petty kings fell before the overwhelming power of dragons.

The peace was short lived. The corruption and decadence of the Dragonriders, the abuses of their power, incensed the people, and they rose up in rebellion against Dracos. In the Riverhold, House Tanith rose first, slaying Dracos' minions and officials, and driving them out of their lands. The Tanith Rebellion might have been crushed, had the Dragonriders but heeded the warnings and pleadings of the king's men (those loyal to the Dragon Throne). Had retribution been swift and sure, the Riverhold might have been quieted. But they simply laughed off the rebellion of a handful of farmers, and when House Tanith crushed the token force dispatched to remind the rebellious House of their place, the other Houses of Riverhold rose.

War flashed across the Riverhold, spreading like fire through a drought-striken field, overwhelming the king's men, and doing what had seemed so impossible only generations before. The rival Houses of Riverhold united against the Dragonriders. Veretex, the Dragonrider dispatched by Dracos to deal with the insurrection, was dismayed to find that the "farmer rabble" he had expected to sweep away was actually an alliance of the Houses of Riverhold. The fractious Houses that had so easily fallen to the Dragonriders when squabbling amongst themselves were no easy dragon-feast when united, and they were no longer overawed by the great dragons, for their mortality been shown already in the insurrections on other parts of the island.

Afraid for his life, but more afraid by far to return to Dracos in defeat, Veretex fought like a demon, unleashing every depredation and atrocity in his power, but the Riverhold would not be denied. Colat Tanith slew Veretex in single combat atop the back of the Dragonrider's own dead dragon, Goltharax, though Colat's death of the wounds he suffered only hours later proved the end of his House. The Houses of Riverhold raised their scorched and tattered banners, and marched east along the Bremming road, uniting with the other insurrectionists to invest Dragonhold Keep.

After the downfall of Dracos, the Houses of Riverhold formed an uneasy alliance headed by House Therein. At first the alliance was a necessity, for the devastation wrought by Veretex, not to mention the rebels themselves, was so great that the remaining Houses must of necessity pool their resources, or face individual extinction at the hands of bandit lords and ill-fortune. Over the years the alliance frayed, and the Houses fell to bickering amongst themselves, fighting petty wars and waging meaningless feuds.

And then Taran Kalzar came, with his dragon eggs. If there was anything that could revive the alliance of the Houses of the Riverhold, even after years of infighting, it was the possibility of another Dracos upon the Dragon Throne. But old wounds had opened, and even though the Houses swore themselves to a new and greater alliance, they fought divided, squabbling over right of leadership, and Kalzar's forces smashed the alliance army to flinders, scattering the survivors. Then Kalzar made a greater victory, gathering the surviving lords of the Riverhold Houses together, and expounding to them his purpose. Kalzar meant to unite the isle, as did Dracos before him, but this union would be based not upon the fearsome might of dragons, but upon the mutual friendship of House Kalzar with ruling families in each hold.

Despite their suspicions, the Houses of Riverhold could not suffer another such defeat as the one Kalzar had dealt them. The Riverhold bent the knee, and House Therein received from Kalzar the Egg of the Riverhold. Years, decades, and centuries passed, and for the greater part Riverhold prospered under the rule of House Kalzar, the peace broken by such scuffles and squabbles as seem inevitable under the rule of all noble Houses.

Some six hundred years past, a foolish scion of House Therein made a deal with a scion of House Vance, giving up the Egg of Riverhold in exchange for some petty trade agreement. The egg, after all, was nothing but a curiosity. There had been no dragons on the isle for generations. Perhaps the egg was a token of good fortune, however, for over the next two centuries House Therein's fortunes began to wane, until four hundred years past when House Vance usurped rulership of the Riverhold through a combination of influence, gold, and sly maneuvering.

< Message edited by Kellehendros -- 2/2/2014 12:21:06 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 40
1/31/2014 5:43:03   
Legendium

I've almost got my bio finished, but I am gonna be away for a while. Vacation and all that. After this weekend, my bio will be finished, promise.
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 41
1/31/2014 10:19:18   
TJByrum

@Riprose123: I will reserve Bloodhold for you, sure. I think you misunderstood. Yes, someone else already lived there, but they were not a different race. I guess the difference between the indigenous population and the Omerians would similar to the differences of Vikings and Irish. But these indigenous men and women were probably Omerian themselves, who traveled to the Isle in prehistory. If there is a difference, I'll let you guys decide it (if you want your character to be a pureblooded First Man). But most intermingled and breeded with the Omerians to produce the current population. If you're looking to be pure-blooded, make up whatever you want that satisfies you.

@Draycos and BK: BK could be anyone in your faction Draycos. But he'd be acting as a commander, or adviser, or whatever he wants. He can defect if he wants, but that's up to him. He cannot, however have an army or dragon. But if you wanted to, you could very well give him a contingent of troops to lead elsewhere while your main force handles something else. Araneaus and Tree Fairies are okay.

@Kellehendros: Sure thing, Riverhold will be reserved for you.

@Legendium: Good thing Legendium.

@Everyone: I will try my best to be a good host. I look forward to having an awesome time with each of you. If at any moment you feel I am not doing my duties properly, or you feel like the RP is getting sluggish: PLEASE tell me so I can fix it. Now, as this RP concerns a lot of war and battle, things could get messy, so just bare with me. I will make mistakes, so please correct me when I do, and we'l get through this.
DF AQW  Post #: 42
1/31/2014 10:52:53   
Master K

We can make our own animals? Cool!

Chobi: This creature is somewhat uncommon within the scattered forests of Rockhold, and can rarely been seen in other forests across the Isle of Dracos. Chobi are small creatures, growing to a maximum of about roughly a foot. They are round and furry in shape, and have small limbs. Their fur color varies between shades of brown, black, and occasionally gray. They have a small, dense, bioluminescent mass, called a crystal, which trails off of them attached to a thin tail. This mass bears no nerves, so it can be removed without harm, and it grows back. They use this for communication and attracting mates. They are herbivores, and are towards the bottom of the food chain. Their most notable feature is their innate healing properties. Their wounds can easily regenerate faster than normal. Their meat, although small, retains some of the natural healing properties The 'crystal' attached to them is excellent for alchemy, and can be used in a variety of potions. They are docile in nature, and rather timid.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 43
1/31/2014 12:22:14   
Draycos777

quote:

TJByrum:
@Draycos and BK: BK could be anyone in your faction Draycos. But he'd be acting as a commander, or adviser, or whatever he wants. He can defect if he wants, but that's up to him. He cannot, however have an army or dragon. But if you wanted to, you could very well give him a contingent of troops to lead elsewhere while your main force handles something else. Araneus and Tree Fairies are okay.

Ok, well then BK, you can be a commander for Gemhold if you'd like or you can choose one of my suggestions. As far as adviser goes, Lorelei pretty much fills up that slot for Artacis. Or you could as one of the other guys if you can be an adviser for them, whatever you decide.
AQ  Post #: 44
1/31/2014 14:22:08   
TJByrum

Here's an updated second-draft of the map. This one is unfinished, and as you can see the roads/rivers run over the names. A lot of editing still has to be done, but at least now you can see a better idea of Gemhold and Rockhold, and Dragonhold as well.

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj222/ande012/Isle.jpg

I am using Paint.NET now, which is a lot easier. I divided the map into several layers, so it's very easy to edit. MSPaint was to aggravating.

< Message edited by TJByrum -- 1/31/2014 17:48:46 >
DF AQW  Post #: 45
1/31/2014 15:43:35   
black knight 1234567

Alright then, i'll take Draycos up on the offer. Hopefully i'll have a bio up for you lads soon.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 46
1/31/2014 16:07:30   
TJByrum

Awesome. Each Hold is reserved/taken, and BK has decided to be someone else other than a lord. Once I finish the map we'll be good to go.

Meanwhile I am working on an early first-draft of the introduction post. I'll re-read it to make sure the descriptions are spot on. Another thing I'm trying to do is keep the pace moving smoothly. I want to keep people interested, but not at the cost of losing description.

While I am not satisfied, this is the best I can do for now:

< Message edited by TJByrum -- 1/31/2014 17:18:55 >
DF AQW  Post #: 47
1/31/2014 17:34:19   
Riprose123

I was just curious if their were any non assimilated tribes, as I had an idea for a lord, though, toying with my plan B, I think I'm liking him a little better than A. Just know, Bloodhold will not be run by the most honorable or impressive of lords. :3
DF MQ  Post #: 48
1/31/2014 17:39:35   
TJByrum

Yes, it is possible for their to be groups of 'first men' out there that denied or evaded any attempts to assimilate with the culture. Bloodhold would feel more 'right' if it were run by someone you're describing (absent of much honor, and unfit for such a noble role).

EDIT: Since the Isle is being divided again, it is obvious that the lords will make their soldiers don their colors and sigils. What colors/symbols will your troops wear?

< Message edited by TJByrum -- 1/31/2014 17:48:07 >
DF AQW  Post #: 49
1/31/2014 17:52:40   
Riprose123

I never said he wasn't fit for the role, he just doesn't pretend to be a knight. He's what he is, and he damn well leads as well as anyone. :P
DF MQ  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> Role Playing >> RP OOC >> RE: Isle of Dracos - OOC
Page 2 of 8«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition