Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= March 7th, 2014 - Onward to War

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= March 7th, 2014 - Onward to War
Page 5 of 7«<34567>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/14/2014 9:59:14   
edwardvulture

If the devs took this suggestion. I am more than sure that build diversity would at least triple. In the short run, "omitting" loses did increase build diversity. But the thing is, they didn't back it up with a major balance change that allows build diversity. As of now, it is most efficient in terms of stats to invest largely in life, dex, tech, str, and NOT SUPPORT or ENERGY. Crits and rage are broken because let's face it. Getting rage faster will do you no good when your gun only does 300-400 damage. A block or deflection is infinitely better than a critical. And i'm not gonna lie, omitting loses was more of a morale boost for players, especially the ones that didn't copy builds to comepete. My original concept would have made achieving a high % over a time period achievement-granting. But that part didn't get put in...which i'm fine with because the title did.

And seriously, not all players are good build-makers. I've ran out of builds for my CH.... instead of using the High Energy, high life, high strength/supp massacre build (that uses ), or the strength/ low support build, I'm using the SUPPORT 5 bonus build. I've resorted to using 5 bonus and low support builds too not because I'm a bad build maker. Because of the current effects of stats, passives--->actives, lack of agility, lack of incentive to invest in skills... must I go on?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 101
3/14/2014 11:49:17   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

Got the hang of this war now, seems easy and a lot more fun, because bombs! :D
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 102
3/14/2014 13:26:25   
Noobatron x3000

The war is a fail for me personally

Simply because its a war I know the outcome of.

I mean titan had to help legion the minute it was turned on and exile still immediately jumped to a 10k lead.

Its not a war its a slaughter.

I hope they're taken in for war crimes -.-
Post #: 103
3/14/2014 13:33:39   
ambien

kinda a let down the update. 2 not 1 but 2 weeks for this update so what changed oh yea the war has changed right. better graphics well l would of liked to seen the game redone.
1. damage reworked
2. blocks reworked
3. skills looked at either a cost for all skills that steal manna or make them all free to use
4. war already won ( exile )good job in winning, l am legend good war exile u get all the ( items )
5. 1 year has come for the new phase still same problems why is nothing done, an please do not say well they are so busy working on the game graphics it takes time for to work out.
for real ( not ) they have to fix it.
6. you just cannot keep putting bandages on the problem an think that will fix it.
7. all an all it was a let down in the update this time 2 weeks well graphics are nice, war meter, nice drops are ok,, but that is it. ty for your time

always the syfy

< Message edited by ambien -- 3/14/2014 13:35:58 >
Post #: 104
3/14/2014 13:50:51   
Mother1

@ Noobatron

If you look at the HP between all the turrents and the shield Legion turrents add up to more than the shield. Meaning the legion did get some help from the staff with HP.
Epic  Post #: 105
3/14/2014 14:02:28   
comicalbike

well i will help exile by not doing the war till balance comes
Epic  Post #: 106
3/14/2014 14:25:35   
Scyze

I'm not playing EpicDuel right now. I hope there's a balance update when the cooldown occurs.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 107
3/14/2014 15:10:12   
ambien

balance sorry comicalbike balance will not come to ed untill no one plays no more then they will have to do something, any way comicalbike come back an play

always the syfy
Post #: 108
3/14/2014 15:21:21   
Ranloth
Banned

Trolling really helps you get your point across. Especially with everyone having their own meaning of balance, which means what's balanced for you may not be balanced for others instead. <.<

Although, I'm pretty sure with 2 coders, being forced to pull off weekly releases when possible, new content, and then balance on top of it, they can do a lot in a week! Lower down your expectations at last, because you're thinking anything can be done easily with 2 coders. Not mentioning they have paperwork to do, since ED has its own department and deals with their own paperwork. They sure have a lot of time after all that.
AQ Epic  Post #: 109
3/14/2014 15:53:55   
Calogero

Went online to check out the war.
First thing that annoyed the hell out of me, the stupid ' Player name has Used said bomb and dealt x damage '
When I turned Pop Ups off, I want them off.
But meh, did 1 battle, no change in balance so I logged back out.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 110
3/14/2014 16:36:26   
Scyze

I am NOT expecting anything from the Developers right now. They should release updates when the regional wars are finished, unless it's vital.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 111
3/14/2014 18:04:29   
edwardvulture

I hope legions wins the 1st one so I don't have to get 150 on my other characters.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 112
3/14/2014 18:46:46   
Predator9657

quote:

I hope legions wins the 1st one so I don't have to get 150 on my other characters.

Dream on :D
Exile are currently maintaining a massive advantage - almost twice as much war influence as Legion.

*MUNCH* exceeds 50 KB file size allowed. See the
Universal Forum Rules on Signature Guidelines.
http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=17051283
Epic  Post #: 113
3/14/2014 18:52:23   
edwardvulture

4 of my accs are exile, 2 are legion...
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 114
3/14/2014 18:59:06   
Chosen 0ne
Banned

Can someone post a picture of the limo in-game?
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 115
3/14/2014 20:35:17   
  WhiteTiger

Majestic Feline of AQ3D & ED

@Chosen 0ne: Here you go, along with a size comparison with the City Guard.
AQW Epic  Post #: 116
3/14/2014 21:09:36   
kaiseryeux21

I want to give credits to the devs for this new update. It is the evidence that they are doing their best to give us a great game. The war just started 2 days ago and its very premature to say that this is FAIL or NOT APPEALING. Yes there are still things need to change. And it all boils down to BALANCE. This war requires us to play PVP but the question is, how can the players press the 1vs1 and 2vs2 considering the very poor balance we have right now? Is it ok to lost a fight because anyway, losses are not shown to other players? certainly not. The feeling of being a punching bag to those high ranking players is starting to back again. I thought we already have fixed the problem about the GAP. You certainly don't want Edward Vulture brought up another discussion on THE GAP version 4.0.
DF Epic  Post #: 117
3/15/2014 2:21:27   
Remorse

^
Honestly I am waiting for the day the give reason as to why they would implement legendary ranks when Omega meant the removal or close removal of the Gap!

It is like they are in a loop..

-Implement a broken feature such as enhancements, realize it's ruining the game by making a large advanatge gap for players.

-Remove it....

-And then add a similar version again....

WHY?

< Message edited by Remorse -- 3/15/2014 2:22:03 >
Epic  Post #: 118
3/15/2014 2:25:54   
edwardvulture

LOL I just made a super charge TM tech/sup build with loads of energy, won 3 times in a row with that build, got 2 dread bombs and 1 super dread bomb.... And I hit 235 war points. That was SO MUCH faster than I expected :D.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 119
3/15/2014 3:36:26   
Mother1

@ remorse

Players complained and moaned about not having anything to do once they reached the cap, (Mostly hardcore players) So the staff did this so those players would have something to do when they reached the level cap.

Problem with it was it was done extremely poor.
Epic  Post #: 120
3/15/2014 3:41:37   
CN2025

they also made us pay for the ranks .. even if we have points they would be useless unless we pay 15k for or 250 var <<<trying to make money again..
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 121
3/15/2014 4:01:35   
Remorse

^
Wow not surprising at all that they try to make some money out of this...

It is clearly enhancements all over again...
Epic  Post #: 122
3/15/2014 5:39:13   
comicalbike

i have no problem but just 2 things i just want some balance and get rid of the lag after that i may play in the war
Epic  Post #: 123
3/15/2014 7:12:28   
Ranloth
Banned

I'm pretty sure if they tried to money again, the Credit price wouldn't be this low... Varium is a shortcut, but I guess it's also their attempt to make money with everything else in the game, eh? By giving a cheap Credit option, that's the opposite of making money (not completely though), whilst enhancements were very expensive past the 5th slot (30K Credits).

@Remorse
Nice of you to notice. I've posted it like 3-4 weeks ago, and no one even bat an eye. There was even an explanation why they are revamped and - partially - more balanced enhancements. <.<
AQ Epic  Post #: 124
3/15/2014 11:05:45   
kosmo

im happy this is their way of doing money, much more fair than to brake balance for some class jumping.

whatever i disagree whit 99% of you guys, i like the update and i appriciated the work they did.

regarding balnce, it isn t that terrible like you think, almost all classes can compete, the only serius problem is the lack of aviable builds (forced into hp and dex because of bloks and rage).

Epic  Post #: 125
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= March 7th, 2014 - Onward to War
Page 5 of 7«<34567>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition