Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= Official Blood Mage Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> RE: =ED= Official Blood Mage Discussion Thread
Page 2 of 11«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/25/2014 15:02:42   
GearzHeadz

My thoughts would be to swap energy parasite with a changed assimilation. Once assimilation would be on blood mage, it would be able to give 100% energy return again (possibly drop the weapon requirement?). The problem with the class is its lack of energy control. Energy parasite isn't a bad skill, but it just doesn't work well with the class of BM. If it was on TM, it would work. TM already has a good energy move (BB) so if it had energy parasite it would help balance the mega energy control with that class. Swapping these skills also makes sense because of the support requirement on energy parasite and how assimilation improves with strength, the synergy is great and solves quite a bit of balance issues. It gives BMs the immediate energy return that they need and weakens the too-powerful energy control that TM has.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 26
3/25/2014 17:12:25   
Mother1

@ gearheadz

But at the same time this would end up promoting strength BM once again because as it is right now, that build doesn't use energy parasite because of the lack of damage. However give them assimilation strength BM will have all the current moves it has and Assimilation as well. Where as other builds will be crippled with this move since Energy parasite as Exploding Penguin mentioned is one of the most tactical skills in the game that can force players to do stuff they don't in order to avoid the effect.

Epic  Post #: 27
3/25/2014 19:18:37   
veneeria

Apart from energy paraside, which was already mentioned.

Here are some ideas i had to make blood mage more interesting, less OP and more viable:

• Make fire ball deflectable and give a slight damage buff.

• Switch Energy shield with blood shield.

Retire Super Charge and switch it to an new unique skill:
Firestorm
"Player uses itself as a catalyst for an firestorm, by burning its hands, the player sacrifices health equal to 30% of damage
dealt to one target along with a small amount of energy.
Cleaning the battlefield with unavoidable critical damage, based on ones Strength, with also an chance to stun all the enemies and regrettably on itself."

Special affects: Ignores 10% defenses; Deals damage to all enemies; Always deals an critical; deals 30% of damage to the caster in which the stun change also applies to him and enemies.

Damage scales with how much damage is dealt with the primary weapon.

Weapons: all (be it an sword or staff)
costs: 250 Energy (+25 per skill level)

level 1: Stun chance 10%
  level 2: Stun chance 20%
  level 3: Stun chance 25%
  level 4: Stun chance 30%
  level 5: Stun chance 35%
  level 6: Stun chance 37%
  level 7: Stun chance 39%
  level 8: Stun chance 41%
  level 9: Stun chance 43%
  level 10: Stun chance 44%

Animation : the mage's hands catch on fire while he goes to smash the ground violently.. Making fire erupt from the ground itself.

REASON: It synergies well with Blood mage abilities. Health lost using this ability can be ignored with blood mark, while simultaniously being an ability that is viable both on 2v2 and 1v1 matches..

< Message edited by veneeria -- 3/25/2014 19:21:32 >
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 28
3/25/2014 19:32:09   
Mother1

@ veneeria

this would also give BM two moves as well as two multi's as well. While the move itself sounds awesome the multi and stun ability (even if you can possibly stun yourself) makes this move seem a bit overpowered.
Epic  Post #: 29
3/25/2014 21:09:19   
veneeria

@M1 (i refuse to call you my mother)

Not even a bit. For the build with the two multi's to be overpowered, it would require an huge amount of tech and str. Which means that everything else would be extremely weak.
Not to mention that the stun is still a chance and the ultimate doesn't improve damage at all whereas super charge would..

What i mean is:

It is possible to make an viable two multis build. But never to make an overpowered multi's build. Not sure if you understood this.

And it is a good thing that you right away thought of an cool build, this means that i just created diversity here. :p
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 30
3/30/2014 0:40:42   
kosmo

Mark of blood, intimidate and bludjeon is the greatest combo after rank 10, the insane power of ranks on primary makes the previusly underpoerd blood mage, the best class in the game.
All the best classes now work around hp regain skills, they are stronger, faster and cheaper to use, other classes are left behind.
Epic  Post #: 31
3/30/2014 1:03:26   
veneeria

@kosmo any simple energy drain ability and the battle results are pretty much written in stone. Not to mention that there are multiple ways to go around without using strength based abilities (or simply switching to an defensive tactic while the debuff is applied).

Regardless or not if we've got now an minimal energy regeneration of 10. It can still be drained away and left useless, if the enemy is aware of how energy paraside works.

I've revisited blood mages again and honestly, they are an fun class, but....

< Message edited by veneeria -- 3/30/2014 1:04:11 >
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 32
3/30/2014 10:50:44   
kosmo

^It just strategy.All a bm needs is to use mark of blood twice, and you can do it regardless of the turn you started.All active players know how strong bm is now, how useless energy drain/regain skills became and how hp draining skills reign supreme with ranks on primary.This is not just an opinion, this is how it goes now, and if you play, you know it.

< Message edited by kosmo -- 3/30/2014 10:58:46 >
Epic  Post #: 33
3/30/2014 10:53:27   
Ranloth
Banned

Not everyone is Rank 10 though. Balance takes into account all 40 levels, not one level + ranks.
AQ Epic  Post #: 34
3/31/2014 11:09:00   
kosmo

the current progression (diminishing returns) isn t setted for evry possible stat ammount, this means that balance is alread drastically changing trought the 40 lvls;
a good example is the hp inflation between lvl 36 and 40, that was caused by a stat progression setted for a lower ammount of stats (lvl 36).

This mostly happens because the progression has been alterated to balance the cap lvl abusive builds.
Epic  Post #: 35
4/2/2014 2:01:47   
dfo99

energy parasite suport requirement not allow the players use a high dexiterity build, and the minimal damage not synergy with str build, solve this problem can help very much.
Post #: 36
4/2/2014 11:55:49   
bountysai

The main problem with blood mage is energy parasite.

My thought is to exchange assimilation of tech mage with energy parasite of blood mage.

You must have a staff to use energy parasite and assimilation works on sword too.

I hope this makes good balance in mages.

< Message edited by bountysai -- 4/2/2014 12:10:07 >
Epic  Post #: 37
4/2/2014 12:01:49   
Trollok!!!

On its own, Assimilation is pretty pathetic energy drain/gain skill; it only seems powerful because of how well it synergizes with Battery Backup. Not to mention, you'd be forcing Blood Mages to use a staff to use this skill and encourage strength abuse at the same time.
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 38
4/5/2014 4:34:37   
kittycat

Assimilation demands a staff, but energy parasite with a minimum of 35 energy restored and an increase in % of energy drained would work out.

< Message edited by kittycat -- 4/5/2014 4:35:02 >
AQ MQ  Post #: 39
4/13/2014 13:38:22   
The berserker killer

Ok i'm not normally one to say that the balance is unfair or somethings wrong with the game but I truly and honestly believe that Mark Of Blood is getting out of control. Now it was fine back when level 36 was the level cap. The Strength:Defense ratio of a single player was fair. You either had Moderate Str and Moderate Defense or High Str and Low Def, etc. NOW, with legendary points, strength is getting out of control with BETTER defense!!!!!! I know that Legendary Points are here to help "Per-fect your build" but these Bounty Hunters and Blood Mages are murdering everyone. Murdering them to the point where most people are switching over to Blood Mage or Bounty Hunter.

I am rank 26, so at first it didnt bother me a few weeks ago when there were 7 or 8 Bountys with the same build. Now? I'm just a little bugged that every other match i walk in to I am fighting a Bounty or Blood Mage. I still win alot, don't get me wrong, but BARELY! Which makes me think that other people are getting SLAYED. If you can check how many people have switched to those classes in the past few days I guarantee you it's a high number.

I am not saying that Mark Of Blood is a bad skill, KEEP IT! I am just saying that this is a flaw that has been exposed with the new Legendary system and I suggest nerfing it for level 40s just as the Abyss Bot was nerfed for level 40s. PLEASE COMMENT!

Suggestions (choose 1 out of the 3):

1) Nerfing Mark of Blood for level 40s slightly
2) Buffing hatchling rush back to 50% Health Regeneartion seeing as it was the only skill to rival Mark Of Blood. If you won't Buff it Back then at least make the uses for it unlimited now.
3) Make the Mark Of Blod requirement Support instead of tech.... That only seems logical, just like it's logical for the requirement for Static Charge on Cyber Hunters is Technology.

--Ghost God--

< Message edited by The berserker killer -- 4/13/2014 13:39:45 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 40
4/15/2014 20:25:36   
The berserker killer

I love the idea of Parasite but why not make the amount of mp that it takes become Fixed and let the Level of Parasite that the player has decide how much Mana he or she gets back.

Also, I do not understand why parasite deals such low damage. Can anyone explain that to me?

--Ghost God--
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 41
4/15/2014 21:16:14   
Mother1

@ the berserker killer

To prevent strength builds from abusing it. If it did 100% or even 85% damage it would be considered a free unblockable hit with continuous energy drain for strength BM. On it's own when used correctly it is very tactical because you are forcing your opponent to play a way they don't want to play meaning they have to burn their energy unless they want their opponent to gain a good part of it.

Epic  Post #: 42
4/15/2014 21:58:28   
The berserker killer

Oooh okay that makes sense. Thank you mother
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 43
6/24/2014 15:05:48   
GearzHeadz

A buff to fire bolt. Once fire bolt hits a target, it will leave an affect called fire burn, which will drain the target's health for 20-25% of the damage dealt by fire bolt, this will last for one turn. This buff is to add some reason to actually use this skill, as it does not have much incentive for use since it is on par damage wise to strike at most levels.

< Message edited by GearzHeadz -- 6/25/2014 8:23:34 >
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 44
6/25/2014 18:07:26   
kittycat

Why not make the attacks of the player receive a boost depending on the opponents strength? For strike, it should be scaled by focus partially.
AQ MQ  Post #: 45
6/25/2014 18:24:49   
Jacobfarrow1

I think a great bug has happened to Plasma Cannon: If it crits, it does the damage displayed in the skill tree.

Ex. Level 7: 600 Damage
If it crits, it will ALWAYS do 600 Damage in this instance.
AQW Epic  Post #: 46
6/25/2014 19:13:09   
Dual Thrusters

Yea, I got beat by a R16 Blood Mage yesterday who kept hitting me for 600 damage -.-
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 47
6/25/2014 19:18:49   
  Exploding Penguin

still messing around to find a viable BM build with plasma cannon. So far I'm trying just ridiculously tanky no-offense level 1 plasma cannon spamming build, but it's really hard to get extra tank in there with the current meta and parasite's high support req.
Epic  Post #: 48
6/29/2014 5:09:14   
xzkamityx

I'm a level 34 blood mage and from my experience, parasite if used right can benefit way more than battery. Yes it puts more ep in the battle that can be taken from you, which also in turn gives you back more energy. Also it is amazing on npcs, a buff to it would make exile leader trivial for a level 36 as I can almost solo him at level 34, I get him to about 3k hp. Also some people don't know it but if your opponent has 0 energy and you use parasite your getting 10 energy back each turn, great for those times you need a little bit of energy.

quote:

Make the Mark Of Blod requirement Support instead of tech.... That only seems logical, just like it's logical for the requirement for Static Charge on Cyber Hunters is Technology.

this would make support have a real use for both bh and bm

< Message edited by xzkamityx -- 6/29/2014 5:11:34 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 49
6/29/2014 6:21:51   
dfo99

mercs static smash and bhs static granade still made both classes virtualy unbeatable for str bms. imo the energy parasite should be enabled for 18 suport builds
Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> RE: =ED= Official Blood Mage Discussion Thread
Page 2 of 11«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition