Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= Official Blood Mage Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> RE: =ED= Official Blood Mage Discussion Thread
Page 8 of 11«<678910>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/28/2014 22:05:04   
  Exploding Penguin

quote:

Actually I did try Level 7 focus Intimidation build during the first weeks as Blood Mage and it was just as ineffective than but more so now since everything else has changed but that skill and many other skills

How long ago were those first few weeks? Intimidate got a buff so now it costs a lot less energy since then.
I'm not saying that your numbers aren't accurate, I'm just saying that simulation proves to be a much more effective means of testing things than just stating the numbers. My win rate with a focus BM using level 2 mark of blood and level 7 intimidate is pretty high, so I'm arguing otherwise since intimidate is a staple skill on that build.
Epic  Post #: 176
10/12/2014 17:29:35   
WolfieTheLord

Here is my take on blood Mage I recently picked up epicduel again(took a break early omega)
And changed to a blood Mage to try out the class so far I love the class because
A. It's a very versatile class I've had a number of good buildd such as a strength BM with a staff running fireball and supercharge
And as a focus tech build (the best IMO) and a semi heal looping poisen build
B. I love the adaptability you can do mid fight and an ability to outplay your opponent
C. I find I can get a 64ish percent win rate in any mode (1v1 2v2 jug) also man edged to beat most all noses with it
Post #: 177
11/7/2014 22:08:12   
santonik

Bloodmage.

I was wondering how bloodmage is too good.
A terrible thing to think that 1_build can be won all opponents in this game.

------------------------------

Mark of blood is a really strong skill against them. opponent with the weakness of the defense. I consider to be weak if there are roughly 300 defense.
Bloodmage access to general weakness in favor. This gives a lot of HP back. Between bloodmage get the same amount of HP back to the medic heal to give. (depending Builds)

------------------------------------------------
Bludgeon. Here I am thinking is on this. This is a cheap and efficient. The disadvantage of this is. only does physical damage. This is not a strength but also a weakness. I guess all the rage seen Bludgeon combination. That really is effective at all times. even if the opponent would be a super tank. This energy economy would have to weaken or damage decreases.
---------------------------------------
Parasite. I have written about this a lot. I see this game the worst skill. (balance)
This skill alone will destroy 2/3 Builds this game. Thank you more than a good energy supply and the destruction. % Damage should be removed from the game. Since this works for all.
4-5 Focus Builds benefit from a bit too much. it sounds heal loop and the parasite. that's what it is. until the opponent runs out of energy. Has anyone come to this boss. I think you will be pleasantly surprised. Here to see how this can be Over-efficient.
-------------------------------------------------- --------------------
Protective Shields.
both are really strong. 3 or 4 skill tree points when you use this time effectively to stop the opponent's attacks. These are also cheap to use.
What if these things energy economy weakens. just a little bit.
-------------------------------------------------- --------------------------
Plasma Cannon. This is a paradoxical skill. This is ok. Parasite ability to provide a plasma cannon surprisingly good support. Many people know that the plasma cannon get around some shelter and a 25% chance to make critical blow. Otherwise ok skill but 4-5focus Builds benefit also like very much. I would not change anything about this skill.
Parasite skill should be changed completely.
-------------------------------------------------- --------------------
Intimidate. This is a strong know-Str Builds against. relatively cheap to use and provides relatively good protection against STR. What if this skill would cost a bit more energy. This does not affect the mercenary skills. (separate skills)
-------------------------------------------------- -------------------

Myself to wonder where all of the experimental Builds.

Today sees the focus bloodmage only 1vs1.

This must be one of by far the build I've seen.

4-5 focus bloodmage.

aux: Azrael's Torment (good for all of the buff)
Bot is many options.
MAX parasite. always good, if not superior
high / MAX mark of blood. always good, if not superior
Assimilation. This works against the STR Builds.
Shields. These are always good. really cheap to use.

These, together with Bloodmage can beat any opponent. (Theory) does not sound strange to you? 1 build without any major weakness. bloodmage is extremely flexible. attack is flexible as well as defense. This is a very strong combination. behind it all is a parasite skill. Here is where thinking. And this is all Over-efficient with a lot of energy. Let there be almost the only way to lose is to make yourself a error. Or in this case, the errors. because it is very forgiving. Sounds at first overwhelmed right? Is there other classes of more than effective skill / s. such as CYBERHUNTERs EMPS.
Epic  Post #: 178
12/8/2014 7:35:43   
greederman

To me BloodMages are still overpowered. The situation is better in omega now but it is still not good enough. I tried several tank builds with bounty hunter and out of 5 times i can only win twice even if there are times one is lower level thn me. Plasma cannon should be changed, ignoring 20% of ones resistance is too much. This is how a typical bm plays, plasma cannon,Mark of blood, bludgeon (if they have), attack,pistol,generator if i emp their mana, nxt turn,plasma cannon again.
Post #: 179
12/14/2014 1:40:34   
RageSoul

Basing on every battle i've done , Energy Parasite has the lowest skill ceiling for it to be super effective because how overloaded it is compared to other Energy abilities .

* Energy Drain based on current Energy ( forcing you to not to build a lot of it , hence build choices reduced ; also forces a different yet forced strategy .)
* 150% Energy Gain based on drained Energy . ( So more points spent on other stats )
* Deals damage ( More Rage )
* No Weapon restriction ( Swords , swords everywhere )

And BTW , every Energy ability either a) drains/gains but no damage , b) drains but costs Energy , c) gains Energy but no attack , d )drains/gains and does damage but does not make a forced strategy to an opponent e) does damage and gives Energy but no drains , but Energy Parasite is like no other Energy ability where it's a overpacked move in one !

Perhaps reworking on how it works would be a great idea but as everyone knows , being hasty won't do anything immediately so feel free to restrict some parts or something .

AQW Epic  Post #: 180
12/14/2014 10:55:33   
The berserker killer

No doubt, it's the best class in the game for one reason. It was made to wield a sword.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 181
12/14/2014 12:48:51   
ED Divine Darkness

idea

replace parasite with assimilate. add support req to assimilate to prevent abuse. might work i guess, pretty much all other classes actually have benefits from using a class specific.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 182
12/14/2014 12:50:42   
The berserker killer

^ do that!! or possibly increase the cd of parasite
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 183
12/28/2014 0:08:51   
dfo99

above
parasite still is the slowest mana drainer skill of this game and the only that you can spent the mana and make it ineffective for the last 2 turns

quote:

* Energy Drain based on current Energy ( forcing you to not to build a lot of it , hence build choices reduced ; also forces a different yet forced strategy .)

any skill that drain the enemy mana and is not in cd have same effect.

quote:

Mark of blood is a really strong skill against them. opponent with the weakness of the defense. I consider to be weak if there are roughly 300 defense.

mark of blood is a waste of mana if the oponent have the katherax bot and you build is not focus 5, str builds just can't use mob if someone have the katherax. (that's why the str merc disappear from 1v1, because it's also affect the blood commander)

-----------------------------------------

i come here to suggest made mark of blood a 1 turn skill, (instead at max 32%, 32%, 32%, 32%, just get an lifesteal of 128% with 1 hit)

Unnecessary Content Removed. ~Caststarter

< Message edited by dfo99 -- 12/28/2014 2:46:09 >
Post #: 184
12/28/2014 1:42:42   
RageSoul

@above
Except they're one instance so it's easier to counter them , Parasite isn't.
AQW Epic  Post #: 185
12/28/2014 2:44:36   
dfo99

above
everybody can burn you mana faster or use any mana skill like battery pick up at the final turn of parasite, if someone have an static smash/granade ready to use, you can't avoid it. plz don't write insanitys about parasite.
Post #: 186
12/28/2014 2:54:22   
RageSoul

@above
Still proves my point about the skill forcing you to certain builds , i mean Energy isn't worth investing on certain classes due to them lacking another way to fight back since investing on Energy still costs Stat Points .
AQW Epic  Post #: 187
12/28/2014 3:00:41   
dfo99

doesnot matter what you think about the mana skills overhall, the parasite is not overpowered as everybody here says.
Post #: 188
12/28/2014 3:02:52   
RageSoul

@above
In the bigger picture , yes Parasite's broken simply because it forces anyone to just go Whack-a-Mole mode since Energy became an obsolete stat to heavily invest . How many nuke-based builds do make it to the top?
AQW Epic  Post #: 189
12/28/2014 15:11:42   
ED Divine Darkness

imo parasite should be tweaked into less of a disadvantage for enemies to keep their energy, it should be less aimed at certain types of build. it is ineffective vs classes who can drain the majority of their energy at one time, a pain for classes who rely on saving energy for a final skill. This is the reason we do not see as many supercharge or massacre builds anymore.

It should drain on one instance, much like xendran's idea.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 190
12/28/2014 23:54:21   
The berserker killer

This game cant evolve, builds can't be made, raising the amount of energy you have (from minimum) will rarely be done unless parasite is fixed.

Parasite, that one simple skill, is what is stopping people from investing skill points into energy and evolving this game. We're running out of build ideas, seriously.

Parasite needs to take a fixed amount throughout , keep the req as support, and make it so it only evolves with your level.

What I suggest is allowing parasite to take a fixed amount over 3 turns and allowing them to get 50% of the drain over those 3 turns :

Lvl 1:40
Lvl 2:50
Lvl 3:60
......Lvl 10: 130

Either that or let it drain on one instance
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 191
12/29/2014 0:29:58   
king altoen

parasite destroys build in the sense of its constant drainage, so if someone regains mana after drain, he gets drained again therefore his build is countered.

while other drainers might drain more per round but the person could recover by restoring mana, therefore having the chance to use his build.
Epic  Post #: 192
12/29/2014 0:45:15   
The Jop

The problem is that it rarely stops someone from using a skill, unlike other energy draining moves, which drain over 200 energy. At 600 energy, max energy parasite will only drain 90 energy, and then of course the player will use their skill, making energy parasite drain much less. It's good as a kind of constant pressure on the opponent, but it doesn't tend to drain a lot of energy or regain a lot of energy for the user in PvP.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 193
1/12/2015 3:37:51   
WikiMeister

Good to see you Jop!

The infamous Energy Parasite is actually what makes the Blood Mage so unique and powerful in ED, because the fact that it is a constant drain can 'zone in,' or limit the combat capabilities of an adversary. I would strongly refute the fact that Parasite is an erroneously dubbed, 'weak drain,' because by no means is it slow, or even ineffectual.

The correct explanation to the effectiveness of this particular ability is that it leeches the opponent's energy directly proportional to their immediate energy capacity. The higher, the more they'll lose - much to the Blood Mage's delight. On average, people are more inclined to stack Endurance (more HP) than energy amounts... which means they have on average, a very limited amount of about say, 620-750, of which at least 300-350 points will be used on buffs/debuffs/heal abilities alone. That's already about half their capacity.

Now, if you put it into the hypothetical battle, this means the Blood Mage will ALWAYS be ahead in energy. You can use a Bludgeon (280 at most), a full-powered Plasma Cannon (potentially 310, but often about the same energy price as Bludgeon), or even drop down an economical Intimidate, and still have about 400+ energy on your own energy count... because of your unwilling energy donor on the other side. If you made the mistake of either Battery Backup or Static (grenade/strike) at the wrong time, you'd lose your hard earned gains in a matter of turns. In short, the parasite is not an insta-drain like a static grenade/smash, but more so a potent crippler for those who value their energy. For this reason, Strength builds who rely on their raw strike power are often undeterred by a Parasite, as their energy reserves are often used for healing.

As an ex Bounty Hunter and Tech Mage before undergoing genetic surgery a third time to become a Cyber Hunter (for a refreshing challenge), I actually was tempted to join the leagues of BM's because of the sheer power of this ability. For this reason, I often hurl an EMP in their direction the moment I have parasite applied and force them to fight toe-to-toe... for if I can't have it (energy), no one will!

The whole concept of a lasting, prolonged... a drain I'd liken almost to a suspended guillotine, is what makes BM is so powerful, and if I were to make an opinion of altering it's power to give classes a better chance, I'd reduce the drain cap to 1%-10%, rather than the contemporary 5%-15%.

< Message edited by WikiMeister -- 1/12/2015 20:02:25 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 194
1/13/2015 10:45:57   
King Bling

Parasite is not overpowered, if you are complaining that bm is forced to use a sword, then what bout the tlms? they have this move, frenzy, probably making more tlms to go sword rather than a club, plus parasite wont be nerfed any further because it has got 2 nerfs already, one is the decrease in damage to 85% and blockable.
Post #: 195
1/13/2015 13:58:59   
Mother1

@ king bling

Nerfed it to 85%? When energy parasite was introduced it's damage was 70% not 85%. Many people didn't use the move due to the fact that it did so little damage. Many people in this thread were begging for a damage buff to 85% cause they wanted decent damage when using it and Assimilation when also did damage had that.

Once that buff was given was when energy parasite was widely used by most builds so the 85% damage was a buff not a nerf.

The reason the blockable came in was because before it was a free unblockable hit that could be used every time it was off of cooldown without consequence.

It was Assimilation that was nerfed from 100% damage to 85%.

< Message edited by Mother1 -- 1/13/2015 14:00:27 >
Epic  Post #: 196
1/13/2015 18:35:33   
The berserker killer

^ mothers right. Tbh this skill just takes too much energy. With the amount of energy it takes I would go as far to say that if Dage were to enter this game as a boss, at lvl 100, only a bloodmage would be only to take him down.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 197
1/13/2015 20:15:00   
dfo99

quote:

The reason the blockable came in was because before it was a free unblockable hit that could be used every time it was off of cooldown without consequence.

when used for damage only, inflict 85% of dmg instead 100% is the consequence (and a worse consequence) , this 15% far much more important than seems, this skill become blockable due this argument was extremly sad for who use parasite and static charge, which also became blocable maybe due same reason.

< Message edited by dfo99 -- 1/13/2015 20:21:17 >
Post #: 198
1/13/2015 20:21:27   
  Exploding Penguin

quote:

Parasite is not overpowered

After the numerous amount of buffs, I would say that it is. I stayed BM from before any parasite buffs all the way until the last one was made before switching to CH then TLM. Even before the damage buff, it still was an amazing but underrated skill because of its ability to shut down quite a few builds just from being maxed out. There was almost no loss from just using it every time it was up. Since it is %-based and costs no energy, it is always relevant at pretty much any stage of a battle, especially with the minimum energy return being dependable if you need that tiny bit of extra energy to use another skill. It also typically cumulatively drains and returns way more than all other energy drains bar EMP grenade and maybe static grenade or a maxed/high-strength static smash, neither of which are guaranteed full energy drains that grant rage on use.

Then came the buff to intimidate by reducing its energy cost by a pretty noticeable amount. Welp, BM popularity just skyrocketed after that point.
Epic  Post #: 199
1/13/2015 22:34:12   
Dual Thrusters

quote:

Even before the damage buff, it still was an amazing but underrated skill because of its ability to shut down quite a few builds just from being maxed out.

I remember last year (passives to actives update) that I was paired with a BM in 2v2 when it was still considered to be weak (the parasite bug was already fixed). One of our opponents was a TM which was deemed the strongest class due to BB+Assimilate for near unlimited energy.

Turns out, the TM was hogging all of his EP (like many TMs did) while my partner was just feeding off him. It was too late before the TM realized what he had done. Then came Plasma Cannon and rage IA back-to-back. I was surprised of what BM was capable of from that match!
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 200
Page:   <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> RE: =ED= Official Blood Mage Discussion Thread
Page 8 of 11«<678910>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition