Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 146 - Read the first post!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 146 - Read the first post!
Page 7 of 31«<56789>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/17/2014 2:10:15   
Gorillo Titan

Rarely, everone is AFK so its not that big a deal.

How about an OS survey asking the players what they wanna see like Artix did for the future of the new AE games?
Post #: 151
5/17/2014 2:30:29   
Kamen no Otoko

*Sighs* Come on Oversoul I know there are more surprises there. Arghhh, even pokemonshowdown online beats this game in many ways. I don't mind how repetitive this is? But the storyline please? And perhaps I still remember the hype and excitement when this game came out. Everyone sure did felt that too right? To be frank, am still looking forward to this game, no matter how low it gets. I quit AQW for a long time now and I really had high hopes that this game will be a new home for me. A new home and a fun place for AE fans. And wow really? The way they put up design notes? Are they even giving effort? lol
AQW  Post #: 152
5/17/2014 2:36:09   
Lemonus

They shoukd have taken advantage of the largd fsnbase in the early days of OS.

They just had to take Milton away from it in it's early stages.
DF AQW  Post #: 153
5/17/2014 2:49:09   
Kamen no Otoko

I hope they get it in mind that a great videogame is not all about just the art or graphics, it revolves as well towards on what you can do on the game, the features, the things, stuff, and the storyline. Look, even super mario bros. (The classic gba game.)) is so entertaining even it is just that. Why? A simple storyline indeed but it was sure fun and it gets the hype of a certain gamer real good. It's not the graphics that makes videogames awesome, it's the content and features. For what I can see, AE games are all about pixel graphics, sure your designs are pretty epic and nice. But the content of the game? Nopey dope.
AQW  Post #: 154
5/17/2014 3:35:41   
Megadragonknight

This will be off-topic: AQW is the perfect example of the opposite meaning of what Video Game is about. OS is the opposite of AQW, OS have describe the meaning of games and balance. There are many free characters that prove stronger or a match against SG characters. Soul Wyvern and Tyrant Moose being one of them. Sadly, AQW is still too popular than OS and its all graphics and arts. Although there is still storyline content, features and others. But the best one are all for ACs and members releases. Reward and item are even worst, 95% are ACs or membership.
Post #: 155
5/17/2014 7:22:56   
RageSoul

Off topic post incoming :

Perhaps reworking the way attacks and other effects scale with level ( could result in P2W / certain imbalances in exchange for variety though ) and a great storyline would make the game better. The current concept is great IMHO.

ON TOPIC :

The Soul Wyvern is really a must-get , but i gotta farm more :( I'll get that one day .

< Message edited by RageSoul -- 5/17/2014 7:25:18 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 156
5/17/2014 10:47:34   
Cyber doom5

when was the last time we had a character we could actually posses in the wild
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 157
5/17/2014 11:00:18   
Gorillo Titan

Claw Warriors I think also REV is logged on OS.

Any of you heard about Frosty the Klunkman?

< Message edited by Gorillo Titan -- 5/17/2014 11:19:00 >
Post #: 158
5/17/2014 12:04:57   
DidYouKnowThat

@Ragesoul: This game would be better. I'd imagine it'd attract a lot more players if they'd finish what they started, and added what should've been added already. This game is no where near
being a complete game. It still needs so much more: pets, towns, Grand Quest, Quests, character switching, elemental weaknesses, and so on.
Without those, this game ain't going anywhere. Nobody's going to come and play, lol.

By the way, when farming for gold, try farming for gold where Soul Wyvern appears. Then you're hunting gold AND Wyvern, a nice deal, yeah?
And by the way, you could try and refresh-farm if battling gets too boring.

@Gorillo Titan, yeah, this right? https://twitter.com/OversoulTuts/status/283043119795146752/photo/1
Posted by OversoulTutorials, AKA Klunk I think. Who doesn't do anymore Oversoul Tutorials. lol.

And I don't think AE would make a "poll" or anything about Oversoul. And I think it'd just put OS in the spotlight, something they don't want to do.
Cause then they'd have to talk about it, and people will know that the game is Dead. And then no more Money coming from OS.

And to be honest with you, I think Nulgath doesn't care about Oversoul either. :L
Might just be something he works on every 4 weeks or so, and a small money-generator for him.

< Message edited by DidYouKnowThat -- 5/17/2014 12:16:41 >
Post #: 159
5/17/2014 12:17:59   
Gorillo Titan

My biggest problem is the lack of communcation cause we have no idea if they even plan to put the big features in any more since they don't talk to us.

Whats the point playing it and years from now we learn they gave up on it back then and never told us.
Post #: 160
5/17/2014 12:21:07   
DidYouKnowThat

There's no point for the players, just false hope.
There's a point for AE though. Not telling you, so you keep playing and paying, so they get the $$$. :P

If they told you, then you'd know that the game is dead. So no more $$$.
So they refrain from telling you by saying "oh dun worry! :) OS is totally going to rise again. only u can stahp it! :)"
The farthest they'll go is say it's on hiatus. :P

So now I count Nulgath as out. And Warlic too busy with other things. So 0 people on OS team. woohoo. . . -.-
Post #: 161
5/17/2014 12:31:28   
Gorillo Titan

Guess im going back to AQW till another release or the PVP tournament starts.
Post #: 162
5/17/2014 16:25:47   
Andlu

So basically shop characters and OS being still dead? :I

AQ DF AQW  Post #: 163
5/17/2014 16:39:24   
Lemonus

Yep. Technically undead.
DF AQW  Post #: 164
5/17/2014 22:26:59   
Kamen no Otoko

I sense another pay to play poll here. Woohooo! So much for the most anticipated AE game over the last two years! R.I.P! :D
AQW  Post #: 165
5/18/2014 0:30:04   
  Grixus Faldor

We understand and appreciate your concerns about the game, however, do understand that Nulgath is a busy developer and as Warlic and Rolith are themselves stretched between their various roles, updates have been scaled back accordingly.

Please do not speculate on the matter of AE's actions with regard to the game, if there are changes in staffing for OS or announcements about the direction of development going forward, AE will make them in the proper channels. OSGD is not the place for such speculation.

Unfortunately, complaints, posting of grievances/gripes will not ameliorate the situation, but likely start up heated discussion which we would like to avoid. Therefore, we'd like to remind users that criticisms should be kept constructive in manner and discussion be made within the parameters of the rules.

Your co-operation is appreciated. Thank you.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 166
5/18/2014 0:49:41   
DidYouKnowThat

Eh. I think everyone knows that Nulgath and co. are busy. Though how busy? Not enough time to make a message on DN's? Twitter? His "IP Problem" has gone for so long I'm starting to doubt it.

And don't worry. No need to worry about heated discussions. OSGD ain't active enough for it to happen. Lol.
Post #: 167
5/18/2014 1:19:32   
Megadragonknight

Don't worry, there won't be another heated discussion again after the previous one. Still, we need Nulgath to at least announce something, anything about what he is doing and how OS will progress from here. This is the most important part. His twitter account is active so he could at least announce it over there.

I am deeply sad to see how OS progress badly due to lack of staff members. OS have many amazing things to be release. Elemental Weakness, Grand Quest and Grand Quest characters, Storyline, Monthly Rare characters and more. All this will make OS to be one of the most amazing games.

However, we got the answer on how OS still have hope to survive and rise again. We need more players to play OS and purchase SG package so Artix will seek attention to OS. We can get players from AQW to play OS and support OS financially. Also, we can get them to realise how fun OS really is.
Post #: 168
5/18/2014 10:55:40   
KingRogue

Criticism sandwich.

At this point we know that oversoul is understaffed, but the reason for that is it lacks the funds to actually expand, and with it staying understaffed and the releases rarely if ever happening do not encourage players to purchase soul gems to actually fund expansion. at this point it isn't speculation its merely business economics.

The art is great and what has been released of the battle system is done well also, although there is always room for improvement so when they actually put time into something it is done well the issue currently is since the game isn't making money they aren't going to dedicate more time to the ones who are filtering in the cash, which isn't bad, as i said before its just good business tactics. How can something that makes no money expand, in order to actually start making money. its and endless cycle that will lead to less and less time being put into oversoul and the game eventually going cold. its a sad but true fact. and lets be honest, the devs aren't to fault completely , you have to look at it from a monetary standpoint, if you had a shop and no one ever bought anything would you keep needlessly forking money into it? until more people buy soulgems or begin playing oversoul i cant see it moving in the direction it needs to, so i am going to make the first move, on the 22 ill be buying the largest soul gem pack available Even though i don't really need them) just to show my confidence and willingness to help oversoul move in the right direction.

< Message edited by KingRogue -- 5/18/2014 10:58:21 >

Aqw Founder,Beta Tester,Upcoming Flash Animator And All Around Good Guy.
AQW Epic  Post #: 169
5/18/2014 14:28:29   
DidYouKnowThat

@KingRogue: Don't do it. lol. I really suggest you not to waste your money like that.
I've posted it way too many times, so you can just look at my past posts, but seriously.
OK, one person buys big SG pack. So what? You need a lot of $$$ to attract their attention.
And sure, "others kan buy sg t00! :D"
Guess what? Barely any people play OS. You'll be the one to make the first move, AND the last move.
There are others who buy SGs, and all AE does is stay silent and/or make fun of it by calling it an "exclusive club" and "die-hard fans."

I don't know about you, but calling OS an "exclusive club" and the players "die-hard fans" isn't really a compliment.
Post #: 170
5/18/2014 14:31:20   
Lemonus

Let's push kingdoms of nations to spend on thousands of SGs, it's not like they won't have money for it.

Also, Cysero alone doesn't speak for all of AE.
DF AQW  Post #: 171
5/18/2014 14:34:43   
DidYouKnowThat

What's Kingdom of Nations? lol.
Alright, true, he doesn't speak for the whole AE, but he is pretty high up on the rank board. Lol.

So, when's the announcement coming anyway? A week or so from now? .-.
Post #: 172
5/18/2014 14:35:19   
Gorillo Titan

Do AKs have contact to the DEVs? Cause I think so since Vox was able to contact Nulgath to find out which contest characters made it in game so wouldn't she be able to find out what the problem is?

With AE already working on 2 new projects besides bladehaven its just getting more stretched out.

< Message edited by Gorillo Titan -- 5/18/2014 14:36:22 >
Post #: 173
5/18/2014 14:38:46   
DidYouKnowThat

@Gorillo: Yeah see, which makes me think that IP Address isn't really a "problem." He has so many other ways.
So something must be happening there at HQ. Doesn't seem well for Oversoul dude. A game without Devs, is a dead one from the start.

So they're moving onto Bladehaven too? .-.

Post #: 174
5/18/2014 14:42:13   
Gorillo Titan

Nulgath lives in a differnet state then the AE lab though. Yeah they plan to release bladehaven this holiday season. Diozz I think his name is post new art for it everyday.
Post #: 175
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 146 - Read the first post!
Page 7 of 31«<56789>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition