Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= The Progress of Oversoul

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= The Progress of Oversoul
Page 16 of 23«<1415161718>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/22/2014 22:02:34   
Gorillo Titan

AE only lets people who went to school for coding work on there games the person should already know how to code.
Post #: 376
6/22/2014 22:07:12   
DidYouKnowThat

Eh. Not really. I think I saw somewhere, Alina said that Ghost never went to school to learn how to code. He taught himself, and AE hired him, yo.
So I asked what you meant by "lots" of people willing to be trained. So far we've only seen one.
Post #: 377
6/22/2014 22:16:08   
Axel459
The Void Calls

Ghost is a animator not a coder.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 378
6/22/2014 22:17:29   
DidYouKnowThat

./facepalm.
Lel. Whoops. Thought he was. . . . . My bad.
Welps, thanks for the confirm Axel.
Post #: 379
6/22/2014 22:20:52   
Gorillo Titan

@Nulgath if you could have any OS character as a pet which one would it be?
Post #: 380
6/22/2014 23:40:33   
DidYouKnowThat

@Nulgath: So there is no end in Orc vs. Ogre war then? Endless war? AE's longest war ever in history? xD
Post #: 381
6/23/2014 0:52:05   
Gorillo Titan

A youtuber who does game videos just followed my on twitter he might do an OS video he has about 1000 subs.
Post #: 382
6/23/2014 21:30:02   
DidYouKnowThat

@Gorillo: It's too bad Oversoul would still be stone-dead. :p
Post #: 383
6/24/2014 15:49:25   
Resk

The state of being 'dead', Wonder if a relaunch would help,,,

IE: Get an intro, get a tutorial, and a mission or 2 done if possible, then change the name and into page.

Release it as a new game that has been in development for a while, would get players to look at it, and even if the odd one who checked OS out in the first place notices, the majority of the players who weren't there when it was first announced might try it.

-Resk
AQW Epic  Post #: 384
6/24/2014 16:02:22   
Gorillo Titan

Beta revolution release was there attempt at doing that
Post #: 385
6/24/2014 17:23:10   
Resk

Same name, and still no tutorials, puts off people who tried and couldn't understand though.

Most people are unwilling to not be baby'd at the start.

-Resk
AQW Epic  Post #: 386
6/24/2014 17:29:16   
Gorillo Titan

Well Nulgath did say he regretted putting the game out so early and beta revolution coming out with a small team then it did at first was a destined fail.

The tutorial does need to be updated it still has double digit health and I think it even has the old cards in it.
Post #: 387
6/26/2014 23:04:46   
DidYouKnowThat

How long is this Q&A going to be dragged out to? . . .
=.= I see that Nulgath is still logging on to check, but one has to wonder, why is it taking them this long if the Q&A was
only planned for what, a week? . . . Do majority of the questions violate NDA Binding Contract or what? Rofl.
Post #: 388
6/26/2014 23:34:48   
Gorillo Titan

It'll go until the forum closes but at least I now know cysero and Nulgath are working on game nicknamed AQDR
Post #: 389
6/27/2014 0:05:02   
DidYouKnowThat

AQDR? Taking a wild guess here, Adventure Quest Dragon Realm/Reach? xD

But . . . huh. . .Ok then. "It'll go until forum closes."
Eh. . or they'll just drag it on until November, then characters in their stock should be running low again.
So then Rev, not busy anymore, will say "I'm back," and then they'll say, See? Oversoul totally going Okay! :D
And then close this Q&A. . . ..

Then, after drawing a bunch more characters, having majority of them in stock, will disappear again, moving onto other projects and then repeat same process.
I'm still interested in when Oversoul gets TOO many characters. Now THAT will be something to look at. Rofl.

But then again, the amount of character being inputted can be filtered to a really, Really slow pace with the "community" dumping in characters.
Though not sure how to define "community" when it's only 1-2 people I'm pretty sure . . . Either way you get the point.

< Message edited by DidYouKnowThat -- 6/27/2014 0:07:51 >
Post #: 390
6/27/2014 0:17:40   
Gorillo Titan

Most of the stuff drawn was for the asylum the first location in OS but since we never got a story they wont release them in game ever so they have a lot of characters we just will never get.
Post #: 391
6/27/2014 0:33:31   
DidYouKnowThat

Not necessarily. If we're never getting a storyline, I reckon they won't be lost forever. Most likely if they run out of characters, they'll fall back on those as emergency reserves or something. Lel.
Halloween or something? Besides, they've been releasing things like AQW stuff, Godzilla, and Clash of Clans. It's not like it matters much anymore. Lel.
Post #: 392
6/27/2014 0:39:09   
Gorillo Titan

They just gonna be cruddy reskins since they were drawn but not animated though plus REV would have to give Nulgath the file of the stuff he drew.
Post #: 393
6/27/2014 0:51:55   
The Finnish Phoenix

Gravelyn Templars awwww yeah!

quote:

Not necessarily. If we're never getting a storyline, I reckon they won't be lost forever. Most likely if they run out of characters, they'll fall back on those as emergency reserves or something. Lel.
Halloween or something? Besides, they've been releasing things like AQW stuff, Godzilla, and Clash of Clans. It's not like it matters much anymore. Lel.

If you say "lel" again I might have to lull you to a dark slumber. Lol.

< Message edited by The Finnish Phoenix -- 6/27/2014 0:52:22 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 394
6/27/2014 1:18:04   
DidYouKnowThat

lull
/ləl/
verb
verb: lull; 3rd person present: lulls; past tense: lulled; past participle: lulled; gerund or present participle: lulling
calm or send to sleep, typically with soothing sounds or movements.
"the rhythm of the boat lulled her to sleep"
synonyms: soothe, calm, hush; More
rock

You're going to lull me to sleep? Huh.
It was either that, or this. I chose the other one. LEL.

@Gorillo: I don't think getting the files through would be much of a problem at all. . . .
But hey, that's what happens when it's just character releases, right? They all turn into re-skins.
Post #: 395
6/27/2014 2:16:49   
Gorillo Titan

He said the new character would only be possible if you know flash.

Also it was a lot of trouble just to get REV to do RES and Nulgath had to finish him.

I rather the game die and we just stop getting release then they mess up characters people are looking forwards to imagine they finally release DK and its deck is terrible people who quit out of disapointment.
Post #: 396
6/27/2014 2:24:07   
DidYouKnowThat

Yes, only possible if you know flash, which is why I said to define "community" dumping in artwork. After all, few know Flash.
Eh. Pretty sure it was because Rev didn't WANT to do Res, that it? So Nulgath had to finish it. That's what I was told.
Seemed pretty intent on doing Moose and Cosoma-Warrior or whatever, which he ended up finishing of course.

DK as in Doom Knight, or Dragon Knight? Lel.
Post #: 397
6/27/2014 2:26:09   
Gorillo Titan

Doom Knight

http://www.artix.com/designNotes/post/26448/LIFES-BLOOD Click to find out why OS games die.

Pretty much say what we already know its the players fault the game died do to not making enough money.

Kickstarter is also out of the question since you can't put games that people can spend money on up there.

< Message edited by Gorillo Titan -- 6/27/2014 11:53:25 >
Post #: 398
6/27/2014 22:58:55   
DidYouKnowThat

Huh. So in other words, AE ain't making the first move. They want players to. Lel.
Though I still don't think it is entirely on Player's Fault. Nope, nope, nope. Not player's fault at all.
They left the game, because they couldn't sign up, and boring releases of useless characters. Can't blame them. Like I said, they're people with lives, not zombies.

Of course OS ain't attracting them money crowds. People have lives, they're not computer zombies spending their whole lives "bringing life" to something virtual.
Lel. In my opinion they've been releasing the wrong releases. Repetitive characters, which turn to useless skins, bring in false hope and false progress.
You were supposed to get in original gameplay updates. Again, was not OS supposed to be a strategy game, not a dress-up game as it is turning into now?

Maybe that's why OS Population nose dived, think about it. We came here for strategy, not dress-up.

But now it's too late I guess. AE's moving on, and too much $$$ been dumped into useless characters.

< Message edited by DidYouKnowThat -- 6/27/2014 23:10:17 >
Post #: 399
6/27/2014 23:04:52   
Mondez

Damn looks like it's time for me to move on.

At least that bit of news pretty much sums everything up to now and the future. I'm crossing OS off my list of potential fun games. It was fun and I had a blast with the community since stress to alpha and finally beta.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 400
Page:   <<   < prev  14 15 [16] 17 18   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= The Progress of Oversoul
Page 16 of 23«<1415161718>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition