Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= The Progress of Oversoul

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= The Progress of Oversoul
Page 17 of 23«<1516171819>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/27/2014 23:26:49   
DidYouKnowThat

And with that being said. . .
@Nulgath: You say that the 2 months where people couldn't sign up, killed Oversoul kind of, right? Marked its doom. . .(Mark of Death) . . .Lel . . .
BUT. Couldn't you have kept in touch with the community, been active on forums/twitter and/or in-game, and giving us up-to-date news on Oversoul's progress. . .
Combine that with working on gameplay updates, and getting them in, I think that would've changed OS' path to living instead of dead.
As you see with my previous posts, I think gameplay features should be a higher up priority than visuals. . The visuals are already amazing enough.

However, when Oversoul got that 2 month bug where nobody could sign up, eh. . . I think that was where ya'll should've blitzed and worked on gameplay updates only. Dropped the
characters. -.- And meanwhile, keep the community updated. . . .

But too many characters. . .So with that being said, OK, Characters have to be coded as well, right?
So is there still enough time to drop the characters, and just focus on storyline and gameplay updates only?

Although it may be bitter medicine to people who keep wanting characters, I think it's the only way right now. Lel.
Community is given 100% effort already. There is a limit to community effort as well, I think people need to know. There is a fine line between reality and fantasy. -Shakes head-

But if coders must work on characters. . . .ok then. Dead Oversoul. Cyiao.

(edit) Man. . . why did I just spend all this time typing this. . . does this Q&A even have a point anymore. . .?

< Message edited by DidYouKnowThat -- 6/27/2014 23:28:02 >
Post #: 401
6/27/2014 23:45:21   
Gorillo Titan

Since we can only get new characters at least make them worth getting making cool looking characters that aren't worth playing seems like a waste.
Post #: 402
6/27/2014 23:54:16   
DidYouKnowThat

@Gorillo: And how would they make them more worth playing? The only resources ya'll have are the current cards, and current CC. That's it. . .
That's why I say, drop le characters and focus on gameplay updates.
After all, since coders are still needed for characters, why not let them code gameplay features instead?
Then Nulgath won't have to worry on OS, and work on Artix's game. Everybody wins. :P

< Message edited by DidYouKnowThat -- 6/28/2014 0:07:49 >
Post #: 403
6/28/2014 0:13:36   
Gorillo Titan

New features cost more money while characters all nulgath has to do is reskin something and use the same animations as another character he did and boom its in game while new game features they have to come up with a new code see how it works test it for several days put it in game hope it doesn't break the game then have the time to fix anything that might be wrong with it.
Post #: 404
6/28/2014 0:24:44   
DidYouKnowThat

I still think it would be worth it. It'd not only have some real, even if small, progress, along with the fact that it's a bigger win long-term. . . .
Eh, though I guess we still need some answers from Nulgath, yeah?
Post #: 405
6/28/2014 0:36:54   
The Jop

I agree, DYKT. They're still going to have waste time and resources on character releases, so it's better that they skip those in order to make something that would actually benefit the game and could bring in more players. Character releases now only bring in maybe 10 more people, whereas gameplay features, especially quests, would bring in a lot more. The small community we have now won't be hurt much if there's a large gap while they code something more important than characters, and neither will SG package purchases.

< Message edited by The Jop -- 6/28/2014 0:37:48 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 406
6/28/2014 1:00:41   
Gorillo Titan

I've said it 9 times already we aren't getting new game features do to a lack of support new characters are simple to put in game its no trouble at all they just have nulgath draw and animate something that he can do without even thinking of OS then warlic put it in game with out much effort.

New features would require Warlic to do a lot more than he already does and by himself no less.

Give up on game features for now until they have more players and can get a bigger team.

Cysero explained the reason why the game isn't going to get any updates its not up to warlic each game makes its own money that use to fund it since OS makes barely any money and its dumb to waste money on a game that has no future its doomed OS have been on a decline for over a year now thats a long time this is the internet lot of people could of quit OS to play better games like LOL or anything else that might be out and are actually completed games rather than game they have been on beta for almost 2 years that have barely any play to dev communication and have been said by multiple people at several different time its not going to end well.

I'm done talking about this no one seems to listen to me anyway.
Post #: 407
6/28/2014 1:05:33   
DidYouKnowThat

He can work on it slowly. It's better than nothin'.

"Give up on game features for now until they have more players and can get a bigger team."
Do you honestly believe that we will get more players from characters alone, and a bigger team? Not playing around. I'm actually curious.

Well no offense, but uh, have you not been listening to me? It's not dumb spending money on OS.
It's HOW you're spending the money. Gorillo, you have to look at things from different angles. Rofl.

Yeah, multiple people including me. -Sigh-.
No Dev communication . .maybe that can change if Nulgath was speaking the truth about him thinking Oversoul still had hope.
Unless that was a lie .. or he changed his mind.
Post #: 408
6/28/2014 1:19:05   
Mondez

Features would reap in more players and give incentives to those that left with more meat to play with. Character releases can only get OS so far before more players would leave than those coming in.

We still haven't even got Chaos in yet which is the last missing element of the game.

Since the creator has now announced it for dead then there is no incentive for it anymore and we all pretty much have lost hope for OS. I don't see any other way to bring more people than gameplay features. It would be awesome to get Captain R. to help OS move along so we can get the player base we had back in Alpha.

< Message edited by Mondez -- 6/28/2014 1:21:35 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 409
6/28/2014 1:21:20   
DidYouKnowThat

That Missing Element though.
Rofl. Thought that would be funny. Get it? Missing Element. Missing No. . .. .haha . .. haha . . .ha .. ... .

But hmm. Now we're getting it. See, characters won't carry us all the way. Now just answers from Nulgath . . . .good answers. . .not answers that avoid answering. . . =.=

@Mondez: Yes true, Capt. R. . . would be great to have him work on OS. . . Blitz some gameplay features yo. Forget about those pointless. . .yes, POINTLESS characters.
But I fear it may be too late since AE is shifting away from Oversoul e.e
Especially since he still has to learn how to code in Oversoul style. ..

Remember they couldn't even teach the VOLUNTEER. . .

< Message edited by DidYouKnowThat -- 6/28/2014 1:26:25 >
Post #: 410
6/28/2014 1:35:45   
Mondez

If Nulgath can answer this:

Out of the minuscule time the coders have left in accordance to this community we ask to give us a bit of hope left and breathe a little life back into the game. If Warlic and Rolith have the littlest effort of time in their busy schedule to teach either the volunteer or Capatain R. then we can get something out of nothing.

I understand we cannot move forward due the profits not being there, but don't let this be the end because now just trying with character releases will not work. Gameplay features on the coder side and advertising on our side we can get OS back on track.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 411
6/28/2014 1:38:48   
DidYouKnowThat

@Mondez: I think advertising should be saved until the moment we get the gameplay updates.
If it gets delayed or something messes up, it'll be bad for others who gave it a 2nd chance. Just my thoughts.

@Nulgath: Yo. Why was your character released that early. . . ? To me, that spelled the end of Oversoul from that point on. Just used to squeeze out some extra bucks.
Unless you had some other reasons you won't mind sharing?
Post #: 412
6/28/2014 1:42:51   
Gorillo Titan

Ya'll know this forum post was made on the 4 of this month right and nulgath only replied once or twice all of which was negative stuff right?
Post #: 413
6/28/2014 1:44:43   
DidYouKnowThat

Why would we miss something so obvious?
He said he'd answer our questions. Unless that was a lie, he is going to.
And it'll be interesting to see what kinds of specific options Oversoul really has.

Don't just take 2 posts and judge the whole thing by that.
Though I really hope they don't try to cover up le truth and lie. . .That would be the worst.
If it's negative news, then so be it. I want answers, not lies/silence to drag it on and on.

@Nulgath: 'Ey but really, what's taking so long man?

< Message edited by DidYouKnowThat -- 6/28/2014 1:45:56 >
Post #: 414
6/28/2014 1:49:21   
Gorillo Titan

He already said a lot of stuff can't be answered.

He pretty much said the same thing cysero said which has me thinking Artix told them to say it.
Post #: 415
6/28/2014 1:54:02   
DidYouKnowThat

"which has me thinking Artix told them to say it. "
Good job. Slowly you're thinking my way. Rofl.

And he did? . . .Hmm. Where exactly? o_o
Post #: 416
6/28/2014 2:03:12   
Gorillo Titan

Its up to the players to bring the game back to life they aren't gonna do it.
Post #: 417
6/28/2014 2:05:51   
DidYouKnowThat

That doesn't quite answer my question.

"He already said a lot of stuff can't be answered. "

Where, exactly?
Post #: 418
6/28/2014 2:09:30   
Gorillo Titan

IF you looked at cysero post today about the life blood of the game and Nulgath last post about asking for are ideas and the game not having enough support and asking us to give ideas and etc. Its the samething.
Post #: 419
6/28/2014 11:48:45   
The Finnish Phoenix

The fact is that any questions that have been asked have been met with either nothing at all or bleak responses about how they've tried everything (within the money they're willing to spend of course) and that it simply hasn't worked. You and I both know that hopeful inquiries are hardly going to get us far when AE's already made up its mind that OS isn't a worthwhile investment for them.

~Removed reply to a now deleted post.
Mritha

< Message edited by Mritha -- 6/28/2014 13:55:36 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 420
6/28/2014 15:43:00   
DidYouKnowThat

@Gorillo: Asking us to give ideas is not the same thing as "He already said a lot of stuff cannot be answered."
Do you understand?
Post #: 421
6/28/2014 15:57:11   
ChaosRipjaw
How We Roll Winner
Jun15

Watching all you guys debating about "The Progress of Oversoul's Gameplay" makes me feel like I'm watching a terminally ill patient close to its final breath.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 422
6/28/2014 16:12:41   
Gorillo Titan

Idk how debating came up I was stating what was said by Nulgath and the post on the AE homepage about the lesser games being given up and the twitter convo me and cysero had.

< Message edited by Gorillo Titan -- 7/16/2014 15:06:12 >
Post #: 423
6/28/2014 17:44:32   
DidYouKnowThat

Well either way, bringing out the main question aside from all the unnecessary/pointless mess caused by a certain other,

Do you think, that coders, instead of working on useless reskins of characters, can instead shift their attention on working on Gameplay Features slowly?
Oversoul is dead, but it can still make a steady revival I think if we can get the gameplay features in.

SOME people are fed with dumb information (not going to point names) and say "oh, just because they say OS is dead, well OS is going to be dead forever."
Yeah, that's what I thought too. But this idea I am asking for is different. I'm not saying take coders from other games to work on Oversoul and re-start it again.

We all know AE isn't restarting Oversoul.

So this is my suggestion. Since characters are still going to be put in-game, and it still requires coding, why not let coders, instead of coding characters,
code Gameplay features? That is not the same as restarting Oversoul. It is instead, getting them to work on NEEDED things, that WILL bring in real hope and restart it
if done.

Both ways, Coders are still working on Oversoul.

Anyways, I hope I explained it clear enough. Typed this real fast, so maybe I wasn't clear about something.

So I hope someone (not going to point any names) doesn't start some unnecessary "Debating" and starts saying "omg ur so crazy AE never going to restart OS."
I'm not saying Restart it. Learn some more English, rofl.

Anyway, hope to hear a reply from Nulgath. I am 100% sure this does not violate NDA Contract. So, I want to hear a reply to this.

Can Coders, drop the characters for a good while, and focus on gameplay updates? Either way the coder still works on Oversoul.
It may be bitter medicine, but if you REALLY want Oversoul to live again, this may be the only chance.

When gameplay features get in, it'll attract some real players. Then, there will be some real hope, and a chance to finally re-start Oversoul.
I'm sorry, but trying to recruit people to play this game in this current state, is horrendous, and pointless, and a waste of effort.

Getting "community," if you can even call it that since only 1-2 people can flash, won't do it, sorry. At least I highly don't think so. I posted the various reasons already.

< Message edited by DidYouKnowThat -- 6/28/2014 18:21:42 >
Post #: 424
6/28/2014 18:11:58   
Mondez

I agree with DYKT on how to get OS going again. I stated before that character releases can only get OS so far before it gets to the point of more players leaving than those joining. Character releases and the community content creation is a band aid fix and apparently it's AE's solution to keeping OS here and leaving the life support to whatever is left to the playerbase.

If AE leaves OS for dead then fine because in the long run I say just pull the plug since barely anything worthwhile will be released. The latest character release was pretty much a hashtag re-skin and if it continues like this then I have no hope in continuing the minuscule of support I have left.

We need at least one dedicated coder to bring in features to get OS back on its feet with features that give more incentive to play OS. If we can't get that then forget keeping OS up. I would rather have OS taken down for a couple of months to be worked on to have more incentives to gameplay then watch this game crawl on its body inch by inch towards a cliff with band aid character releases.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 425
Page:   <<   < prev  15 16 [17] 18 19   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= The Progress of Oversoul
Page 17 of 23«<1516171819>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition