Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= The Progress of Oversoul

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= The Progress of Oversoul
Page 6 of 23«<45678>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/4/2014 18:36:27   
Gorillo Titan

Post it on twitter Sparhawk is a nice enough guy to retweet it if you ask him.

http://www.aq.com/gamedesignnotes/heromart-survey-3953

We could use this to help get OS people.

< Message edited by Gorillo Titan -- 6/4/2014 19:33:05 >
Post #: 126
6/4/2014 20:07:24   
Sparhawk
AQW Game Moderator

Just saw this and am trying to catch up on the thread. Thanks man. I try. I have some thoughts on this topic I may try to post after I get caught up. As always, Battle On!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 127
6/4/2014 20:26:42   
Gorillo Titan

Well Nulgath is logged back on now.

Will he post though?
Post #: 128
6/4/2014 20:33:31   
Megadragonknight

The survey can help. May this suggestion be useful to help OS.
Post #: 129
6/4/2014 20:47:49   
Sparhawk
AQW Game Moderator

So here are my thoughts, for what it's worth:

Oversoul has a great foundation. Addictive gameplay. Fantastic sound. Awesome animation. Mind-blowing backgrounds. A great community. Stunning visuals.

Drawing in new players is going to be difficult. There are so many higher-level characters at this point, and so many characters people just can't get anymore. I know, the same can be said for AQW, but the player community here is much smaller so it makes it that much more daunting for a new player. Plus the focus on PvP. New players need to be drawn in. You and I are already condemned.

So, that being said you don't need me to point out the problems. You need answers.

Community support. Keep it up folks. Keep the faith.

Spar
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 130
6/4/2014 20:52:03   
DidYouKnowThat

All I've got to say is that it doesn't really give us much about Oversoul's future.
We got the history clear now, but the future is still ain't looking bright at all.

Look, I think we all know that Oversoul needs more players for it to advance anymore, right?
Well then, we first have to get out of the "circle of doom" first.

No Gameplay Update = No Players
No Players = No Gameplay Update.

If you don't solve this, then you can't move on.

As for advertising. We've got advertisements and all, do they seem to be working? Nah.
I think most likely the answer would be that people acknowledge OS presence, but really, there's nothing to do. It's plain.
Though I think too many advertisements would just annoy the heck out of people. . . . lol.

This is just my opinion, but I think that the community shouldn't really have to work so hard to an extent to try to persuade
everyone to come play OS, so that the population can rise and hopefully they just might start working on it again.
Like I said, Oversoul, is not complete, as many of you guys can agree.
So, just leaving Oversoul like this, without giving it the original updates that were planned, that's not giving Oversoul a chance at all.
It's simply abandoning it. They should've completed the game first, it shouldn't have been any surprise that the game lost so many players.
Though that's just what my opinion.

Again, nothing really is said about Oversoul's future. I am so convinced that the game is just dead. Or if not, a vegetable on the hospital bed.
Overall, I think Oversoul's "revival" can only be done started by the Devs/AE, the community can try, but it's much more realistic if the game itself
took control first. No Devs, you got no leader, nothin'.

So Nulgath uh. Instead of just so many repetitive character releases, is there a way maybe, for Oversoul going dormant maybe 3-4 months or so,
no releases at all, just working on gameplay features. Then release them. . . . I feel like that'd be much better. . .it'd attract more players as well.

In addition to that, if you must keep the characters coming, would you continue character trees instead of introducing whole new ones?
Such as Poison Drake's Legendary form. And Skexis' evolution. And others as well. Heck, the starter Legendaries? Or were they not meant to have one?
You know, Slime and Lepid I think had a ton of potential for character trees. Slime -> Greater Slime -> King Slime
Or Lepid could be a cocoon, then a moth or so. I think this would also help to stop the "obesity," as I like to call it, of Characters.

I mean, sooner or later, ain't Oversoul going to run out of room, or be overcrowded? It's going to need some organizing, maybe? Which I think would have a very little chance
of happening if all we can get are characters. Or, they're all going to be shop-only or Seasonal/Perma-rare? So what I'm trying to say is, continuing Character Releases
would give you time to stall-out Oversoul's releases, and wait for AE to finally give Oversoul a chance (if they ever). We still got Project Omni, AQ3D, Bladehaven, heaven knows what else.

I wanted to play Oversoul due to the gameplay itself. Not just another dress-up game, a game of characters. *cough* AQW. Heck, AQW has a better Chat system then Oversoul does. . . .
Kind of like Pokémon, you know? With the character switching, artifacts, pets, stats, etc. I love the storyline as well. Though . . . will we ever get there?

Now. . .artifacts. . . . eh. Yo Nulgath, you think XP Boosts are unbalanced/flawed? I think so. . . .. just wondering your thoughts about it.

So are you going to start communicating with the Community more now, or is it going to be like how it has been for a while. . .just nothing?
Especially since this supposed "IP problem" is gone now. . . . .

Ah yes, I remember something else now. Uh, why exactly did AE give Oversoul just two coders if they were going to be used a lot for other projects too?
Did they not have faith in Oversoul in the beginning, or what?

Post #: 131
6/4/2014 20:54:04   
The Finnish Phoenix

I don't think we're doing that badly. I don't remember OverSoul ever having much more than 200 players on, and right now we have 87 online.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 132
6/4/2014 20:55:00   
Gorillo Titan

We seem to be having an above average amount of players today 88 and its not even a release day.

I've seen 400 people logged on early last year.
Post #: 133
6/4/2014 20:55:47   
DidYouKnowThat

Most likely due to Nulgath's forum Q and A I think.
Post #: 134
6/4/2014 20:57:32   
The Finnish Phoenix

I think what we need is something like Star Sword or a one million gold character to give players something prestigious to keep them occupied.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 135
6/4/2014 20:58:29   
Gorillo Titan

Its just the same people logged on though, is he doing an in game response to the questions?

I suggested that and The Jop and several people destroyed my idea saying it was to much for free people to get 1million gold.

How about adding new promo characters after black dragon?

< Message edited by Gorillo Titan -- 6/4/2014 21:00:15 >
Post #: 136
6/4/2014 20:59:29   
The Finnish Phoenix

93 players...
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 137
6/4/2014 21:01:36   
Gorillo Titan

Maybe people stopped playing do to a lack of Dev communcation seems it went down the same time Nulgath forum account stopped working.
Post #: 138
6/4/2014 21:02:11   
DidYouKnowThat

One Million Gold character. .. might as well call it SG only and give it a day.
Sorry if I'm being harsh, but eh. ...that's crazy in my opinion. LOL.

But yeah, I think an improvement to CHAT SYSTEMS would also benefit the community greatly.
Such as a private chatbox. Kind of like what EpicDuel has, where you can request. A chatroom?

The thing is, ain't it lonely just mindlessly clicking away in battle?
And searching for those characters? If we can maybe have a chatroom of max 4 people, we could not only
chat between battles/duels, but also it would get less boring.

And lets say if a mystery character releases. Would not these benefit "search parties" or so? If you get what I mean.. ..

A chat improvement could be great. . .

but then again, if any in-game features can be introduced, gameplay features are first priority. The chat could be second.
First priority = Character switching, E-resistances, Pets, Artifacts, Stats, Storyline, Grand Quest, Towns/Cities/ Quests/ NPC

Heck, what happened to Ogre/Orc war? Longest war in AE History no doubt.

@Gorillo: Maybe. But Nulgath could've talked to us in Oversoul Design Notes, or on Twitter. Heck, Facebook?
Forums was just one way. Oh well.

(edit) AND what about the podcasts?! :P

< Message edited by DidYouKnowThat -- 6/4/2014 21:03:45 >
Post #: 139
6/4/2014 21:04:45   
Gorillo Titan

The podcast cost money and its not OS related.
Post #: 140
6/4/2014 21:05:24   
Megadragonknight

@titan
Did you read my PM?
Post #: 141
6/4/2014 21:11:47   
DidYouKnowThat

@Gorillo: It could be though. . . . if he wants to.
Post #: 142
6/4/2014 21:13:35   
Gorillo Titan

You have to use his other forum and suggest something OS related but people stopped using that forum so IDK if that would work very well.
Post #: 143
6/4/2014 21:16:20   
friend18

I'm still around. I just hardly play OS as often anymore. Part of the reason is that I have the majority of the characters (missing the characters from the new release and 3 Legendaries that I've spent months farming for and still haven't been able to encounter). The other reason is because of the lack of new gameplay functionality. I feel that a large part of the player base left because of this. Many AQW players that I've talked to have dropped OS because the time/monetary investment just isn't worthwhile.

If AE could either dedicate one of its coders to Oversoul, I'm sure that Oversoul would be able to flourish again. Hiring a coder on the other hand would be very costly and at this point would not be a worthwhile investment. It's going to be a risk, but if AE's willing to take it, then maybe Oversoul will flourish again. The game has a LOT of potential, considering how many fans Nulgath has.

quote:

I don't think we're doing that badly. I don't remember OverSoul ever having much more than 200 players on, and right now we have 87 online.

I've seen times when less than 40 players were online.

< Message edited by friend18 -- 6/4/2014 21:18:31 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 144
6/4/2014 21:27:59   
Elite Tuga

Hi, Nulgath & Forumites!

Please read & support! (If I missed anything else out that is essential for the game, then feel free to help).

Top recommended fundamental priorities;

1: Nulgath should continue to create awesome monsters/characters like he has been before, just to keep existing players somewhat occupied & in anticipation for the mean-time, until game doesn't advance.

2: Oversoul needs to undergo 're-advertisement' in the most dynamic way possible, this includes doing things such as; Popular Artix games/forums publicising on page backgrounds, banners, billboards & even if possible on the AE in-games loading intervals (at least for a few months) stating i.e "Players needed in the world of Oversoul, be part of a new battling experience, join now!”

2A: Nulgath should also use his acquaintance (contacts) to re-advertise through the power of the internet on social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & Youtube, etc. Players can contribute to helping too, so we can spread fame to OS like wildfire.

3: Coder(s) can then be recruited once associates/staff see OS game is progressing smoothly (popularity wise) & is worth investing further.

4: Nulgath & us fans can come up with good promotion/reward systems & quests to evolve the OS game-play experience to the next level, which is also good for business profits like we see on other AE games i.e ED & AQW.

Conclusion;

Overall, Nulgath could then continue his OS game plans with Rolith & other AE member(s) from where they last left off, if above priorities were achieved successfully with the approval & help of Artix.
Therefore, popularity would increase significantly like never before & all we would have to worry about is just maintaining success by continuing to come up with great regular updates to keep players active & well entertained through-out the years.

Thank-You, Never Give Up & Battle-On!
Epic  Post #: 145
6/4/2014 21:46:01   
Gorillo Titan

Why does Nulgath keep logging on and not posting though?
Post #: 146
6/4/2014 21:46:28   
The Finnish Phoenix

^He's a lurker.

@Elite Tuga: Nice post! :D
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 147
6/4/2014 21:52:03   
DidYouKnowThat

@Elite Tuga: Hmm.
I still think that OS should show signs of revival and HOPE before attempting anything like promotionals, etc.
I just plain don't like a dead game swindling hard-earned $$$ from people. I just don't like that idea. :x

@Finn: Nulgath isn't a Lurker. He's more of an Archfiend.
Hahahhahaha . .. . .haha . .. . . ha? o_o
Post #: 148
6/4/2014 22:01:22   
Elite Tuga

@ DidYouKnowThat

Ye but thats why its paragraph number 4. First & foremost we need players (more popularity growth) before anything else can work successfully.

We just need to work together & spread OS around through word of mouth in media sites & advertisements!

@ The Finnish Phoenix

Thanks bro.

P.S: Nothing is impossible, except reviving the dead, THUS we still believe in you Nulgath, so never give up until you lose your last gulp of breath, Lol!

< Message edited by Elite Tuga -- 6/4/2014 22:16:51 >
Epic  Post #: 149
6/4/2014 22:25:36   
DidYouKnowThat

@Elite: Ah. Sorry bro. I thought you were just listing them all, but considering them all to be equal in priority. . ..Didn't realize the numbers meant something.
But I still think OS should show some HOPE by either:

A. Much more Dev/Community interation.
OR
B. A big step by introducing a gameplay update.

Before they do any more advertising and all, they should do something like Option B. After all, more advertisement, sure, more temporary players. They come, after seeing how plain it is,
goes back. See? The advertisement would be a waste of money, which can be used as an argument to stop Oversoul's advancement, if any.

Or, you trick other players into supporting a dead game financially. That's why, I say again, improve yourself (Oversoul) before you expect others to come and support you.
One side cannot just work. You both must work together. I see the community working hard. Ok, check. Now how about Oversoul, which is why I want to see some sort of hope.

And I know, the character releases, yeah. I'm looking for coders. Like Nulgath said, he's the artist/animator and whatnot. A real coder would be more appreciated.
Maybe like Gorillo said, Capt. Rhubarb getting to learn Oversoul so he can work on it like what he did for HS.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Nothing is Impossible." . . . . Hmm. I prefer:
"Everything is Impossible, until you make it possible." LOL. My own version thought up in 5 seconds.
So the question is, will AE make Oversoul possible?

< Message edited by DidYouKnowThat -- 6/4/2014 22:28:07 >
Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= The Progress of Oversoul
Page 6 of 23«<45678>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition