Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= The Progress of Oversoul

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= The Progress of Oversoul
Page 8 of 23«<678910>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/5/2014 22:01:42   
Gorillo Titan

They are suppose to be released on a friday the 13th but it also depends on if Nulgath animated them yet.
Post #: 176
6/5/2014 22:14:54   
ChaosRipjaw
How We Roll Winner
Jun15

Whuh? I thought Brutus and Jono were asylum characters.

Pretty amazed how people are still griping about "The Progress of Oversoul's Gameplay."
Seems almost like it'll scare off any new players who happen to stumble on here.

< Message edited by ChaosRipjaw -- 6/5/2014 22:17:52 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 177
6/5/2014 22:17:40   
DidYouKnowThat

Well were not those characters drawn a while ago or so?
I'm sure they were animated. . . . . or at least Nulgath would have time to. . .riiight. .. . Not another 3 week release. Lel.

Although characters don't mean much to me, how they're released does mean something. If just characters cannot be released consistently,
then it brings an even worse look into the subject of when gameplay-features will be able to be implemented, or if they'll ever be.

I mean, if Nulgath's so busy he can't animate for Oversoul, just how busy Warlic would be? But then again I guess, since Combo-bonuses alone took him
so long, I doubt he'd work on bigger gameplay features. . . . So again, brings us back to the topic of resources, and the horrible "cycle."

As I said, you can't move on until you get OUT of that "cycle," and it won't be able to be done unless the work from both AE and community is present.
Community work? Present.
AE Work? Nah.

So it'll always keep coming back to that problem. Oh the wonders. You think of just how AWESOME Oversoul could be, and then you get slapped with reality.
Ain't that swell?

Though that would be a great quote for a character-idea. . . "It's time you face reality."
Hehe, think I'm going to use that quote for my next character idea. . . . .but Oversoul must not be solely about Characters. We need those gameplay updates to get Oversoul running again.
If we could get a gameplay update, it would show some hope for Oversoul, and combined with the support from Artix and co. with tweets saying "Oversoul ain't dead" or something, and then telling
people to go play and see how the new update(s) is/are, I'm sure that Oversoul could make a BIG comeback again. I mean, I'm pretty sure Nulgath had fans even before he joined AE.

Well, forgot what I was going to type next. (=.=)

(edit) ChaosRipjaw: Yes, but Friday the 13th you know? I guess Rev was like "hey, why not release them on Friday the 13th? Spooky no?" Lolol.

(edit) Well, scaring them off = Telling them of Oversoul's progress. It is scary, in my opinion. Though also half of my stuff ain't posted publicly. I'd probably get banned. Lol! And it doesn't contain profanity either. ;)
And I think, in my belief, it's better than lying to them and tricking them to stay, wasting their own time and money. But that's just my opinion.

< Message edited by DidYouKnowThat -- 6/6/2014 0:01:11 >
Post #: 178
6/5/2014 22:41:22   
Gorillo Titan

REV drew pretty much all the asylum character so none of them have been animated besides the few we already have like abberant and I think they said Res would be part of the Asylum also.

Gameplay features are a lot harder and working on them by yourself has to make the process a lot harder cause a small mistake could destroy the game code.

Will we ever get a friends list size increase?

Is REV still your apprentince?

How about including at least one no-sgs character if you release more than one character?

< Message edited by Gorillo Titan -- 6/5/2014 23:25:18 >
Post #: 179
6/6/2014 0:04:11   
elite dark slayer

I genuinely do not think oversoul is doing as badly as all that. We have new players signing up. In a few years, if a decent amount of people stay on because they recognise oversoul's potential to be better than it is currently then in a while , say, two years, give or take, we should work our way out of this problem. What do you say Nulgath? How many people sign up every month on average?
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 180
6/6/2014 0:04:38   
DidYouKnowThat

Well, the problem with that however, is that Nulgath, from my perspective, is very busy, so designing and animating the characters must be exhausting.
I understand that. . . .

What I don't understand is why people are saying "OS needs it fo dah moo-lah! :)"
. . . you know all it's getting are these repetitive characters right. . . that after a certain extent, will render Oversoul obese with characters. . .a term I like to use. .
"Obese". . . since Obesity is still a world-wide problem I believe, it's a pretty nice word to describe it. . .

I for one, want that money to go towards gameplay updates, not characters, or better yet, supporting other games even.

For all we know, that money could be going towards AE to fund project Omni, AQW Chaos Finale, etc.

(edit) @DarkSlayer: Lol. I'm pretty sure the recent spike of population is due to the Q and A. . . . although I see a couple of others came back just for the Godzilla spoof. Wonder how long though. Hmm.
And it doesn't have to be new comers, you know? Like I said, due to the Godzilla spoof and Q and A, it seems like more people remembered that Oversoul was still there, and since Nulgath
finally talks, perhaps they think Oversoul could be up and running again.

Though what he posted solves the history of OS, not the future. So I'm not really getting my hopes up.

Anyways, like I said, it doesn't have to be new comers. Remember back then when OS was huge? Yeah, it's likely they still had their accounts.
Lots of dusty/dead accounts right now I bet.

< Message edited by DidYouKnowThat -- 6/6/2014 0:10:10 >
Post #: 181
6/6/2014 0:14:25   
Gorillo Titan

Tomorrow release won't be anything amazing who really has time to do over 1000 fights only to find out they need to spend money to buy sgs? They should of gave at least one free character to go with the rank up to keep free players happy and coming back to free players it counts as going without a release if he's even finished the legendary for godzirra yet.

< Message edited by Gorillo Titan -- 6/6/2014 0:16:16 >
Post #: 182
6/6/2014 0:17:57   
elite dark slayer

@DYKT Nope, I've so far been duelling level one base characters for the past few days. Talking about that, does anyone know why most people seem to like starting with blood voids?

< Message edited by elite dark slayer -- 6/6/2014 0:21:07 >
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 183
6/6/2014 0:22:06   
Gorillo Titan

Then what caused this increase in players? Maybe it was godzirra but IDK the number of OS people doubled in a day from low 30 to not falling lower than 68 for two days and Im guessing they all won't be being sgs just to get one character.
Post #: 184
6/6/2014 0:23:41   
elite dark slayer

Its not a sudden increase. I think the number of players is always rising but at a slower rate than other games.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 185
6/6/2014 0:26:53   
DidYouKnowThat

@EliteDark: Heh. All level 1's eh. Hmm. If that's true, then it'll be even more interesting. I'll be looking forward on seeing who else surfaces onto the forums. . . .
As for Blood Voids, probably because it could be looked at as the most fearsome looking out of the selection. I mean, with dual arm-blades, with the word "blood" in its name
and so on. . . .You get the point. Lol!

@Gorillo: I think the Godzirra character was already drawn. Jop posted it.
As for it being released. . .eh, who knows.
I think it'd be free, just the Master version costing SGs, but who knows I may be wrong.

Post #: 186
6/6/2014 0:31:08   
Gorillo Titan

When I first started playing this we called Blood void the noob void cause they always had at least 6 of them in the lobby all level 1 asking how to level up. lol
Post #: 187
6/6/2014 0:32:36   
elite dark slayer

They're not all level one's but the more experienced people refuse to duel me and, as I said, low level base characters
@gorillo *snicker*

< Message edited by elite dark slayer -- 6/6/2014 0:34:31 >
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 188
6/6/2014 0:42:42   
DidYouKnowThat

Personally I think that Blood Void (apprentice) looks way better than its Veteran/Master forms. . . .it lags a lot less too. The veteran/master forms' claws make those characters
unplayable for me.

Anyways! It still leaves the question, will Starters get legendaries? I know the reasons why they shouldn't,
as you wouldn't want them to become too powerful, as you want to encourage players to use these characters
as launching pads so they can "ricochet" off to other characters, get what I mean? You don't want them to use that character for the rest of their Oversoul life. LOL.

Same with Pokémon. The starters are good, but there are tons of other competitive Pokémon that are equally as good, or better.
Such as scarfed Typholosion with Eruption. It's good, but scarfed Exploud with boom-burst and scrappy is just out of this world. . . .
Not only can it hit all types, ghost as well due to scrappy, but it can hit through Subs.
Not to mention some Pokémon have flashfire, so it'll force your Typhlosion to switch out, giving the enemy priority to do whatever he/she wants.
And don't forget Mega-Banette with the Prankster/Destiny Bond. . .. . ok I'll stop now . .stop rambling about Pokémon! XD

< Message edited by DidYouKnowThat -- 6/6/2014 0:45:03 >
Post #: 189
6/6/2014 0:46:53   
Gorillo Titan

All the starters need to have free legendary forms it only makes sense to have some character that go from apprentince to legendary without costing sgs we still wont people even if they don't spend money to play and tell there friends its a fun game and then there friends can do the same.
Post #: 190
6/6/2014 0:49:46   
DidYouKnowThat

Eh. Maybe.
Though I can also see a possibility of Starter legendaries being SG, as that can also promote bouncing off to other characters, yet giving them legendaries.
But oh well. . . .

Well others can do that, tell others it's a fun game and so and so.
But I can't bring myself to do that. After all, in Oversoul's current state, I myself don't find it fun.
I mean, if it was a full-game, and BALANCED game, then yes, but as for right now? Nah.
And I couldn't bring myself to lie to friends. Hmm. Not to mention they're smart enough to realize it themselves, so it'd only be wasting time. . . -Sigh-

< Message edited by DidYouKnowThat -- 6/6/2014 0:55:10 >
Post #: 191
6/6/2014 0:55:06   
The Jop

I think there should be at least one free apprentice to legendary character tree, and the starters seem like the perfect way to do that. It shouldn't be too difficult to make them weaker than other characters, they just have to introduce some of the new powerful cards to their decks. Giving up on the game is not going to help it progress though. You're just wallowing in your own misery, and that helps no one.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 192
6/6/2014 0:57:16   
Gorillo Titan

DYKT why you being so negative dude?
Post #: 193
6/6/2014 0:59:42   
DidYouKnowThat

And in addition to that, non-rare as well. Skexis' Legendary is arriving, slowly but surely, although he is a Perma-rare.
Hmm. Maybe. Some new powerful cards to their decks. . . .

But, when you the word "powerful" comes into play, I surely hope the cards aren't "powerful" because of damage.
After all, power is not just sheer damage. I'd also feel like instead of just relying on damage, these new cards could also
do something else. . . stealing Hp, adjusting energy, shields, or something. . . .Get what I mean? :P

Hmmmm. Though as I said, I think that a game without Devs, is a dead one.
I know you've probably seen it so many times, but I stick with that. I won't even bother mentioning the reasons why, other posts explain my reasoning.

And if I don't see AE trying to revive OS, I just won't give in to the idea that it's going to suddenly flourish. Lol.

@Gorillo: You can call it negativity. I call it thinking ahead.

< Message edited by DidYouKnowThat -- 6/6/2014 1:00:00 >
Post #: 194
6/6/2014 15:04:23   
Gorillo Titan

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bpd_6mJCcAAc610.png

This in OS with the purchase of 4 sgs or 100k.

How about doing a live stream showing you creating a character nulgath?

< Message edited by Gorillo Titan -- 6/6/2014 15:09:43 >
Post #: 195
6/6/2014 16:37:07   
The Finnish Phoenix

Give us a sign, Nulgath!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 196
6/6/2014 17:19:19   
Lemonus

It's AQW not AQ.

@Gorillo
I think he used to put up speedpaints. Maybe he can do them again?
DF AQW  Post #: 197
6/6/2014 17:28:04   
Gorillo Titan

You think if Artix tweeted for people to play OS they would play?
Post #: 198
6/6/2014 19:05:37   
DidYouKnowThat

I think they'd try it out, and in the end leave again.

But it'd bring more spotlight onto Oversoul, leading to a bunch of tweets asking about Oversoul. . .

Which in turn would get Artix and co. talking about it. . . . . . . .
But then again you must wonder if they even WANT to talk about it. . .

@Gorillo: Eh. . . a Dage-character, for 4 sg or 100k gold, shop character? Well there goes another boring release for me.
To me, that shows that Oversoul is running out of characters to stall with. . . .
Oh well. :P

@amyrlin: You should edit posts, instead of making new ones.
And getting Oversoul on the FAST TRACK?! Lol I wish.

You'd either need a HUGE, and steady population spike, and a bunch of SG Purchases to get it on some kind of "fast-track."
Not to mention that still won't guarantee Oversoul reviving. It all depends on AE; will they want OS back on top?
They could just as easily send that money to Project Omni, AQW Chaos Finale, etc. (Bladehaven, AQ3D?)

< Message edited by DidYouKnowThat -- 6/6/2014 19:15:03 >
Post #: 199
6/6/2014 19:12:03   
The Finnish Phoenix

quote:

@Gorillo: Eh. . . a Dage-character, for 4 sg or 100k gold, shop character? Well there goes another boring release for me.
To me, that shows that Oversoul is running out of characters to stall with. . . .
Oh well. :P

It's not actually coming to OS, Gorillo was just positing the idea of it being released here to help create buzz.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 200
Page:   <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= The Progress of Oversoul
Page 8 of 23«<678910>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition