Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= The Progress of Oversoul

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= The Progress of Oversoul
Page 9 of 23«<7891011>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/6/2014 19:13:10   
DidYouKnowThat

Oh lol.
Well thanks for clearing that up, Dylligraphy.

(edit) Hmm, so Godzirra ain't animated yet I'm assuming?

(edit2) So I've been looking at this line a lot. . . "All I can say is I'm sorry I couldn't get the game finished for you players."
So. . . .does that imply that Oversoul won't be finished? Maybe the answer to OS future was in this sentence. Dang. o_o

(edit3) I've had my eye on that word for quite a while now. . .
You were not at "liberty" to do so.

LIBERTY:
the state of being free within society from oppressive restrictions imposed by authority on one's way of life, behavior, or political views.
"compulsory retirement would interfere with individual liberty"

synonyms: independence, freedom, autonomy, sovereignty, self-government, self-rule, self-determination; More,

Not to mention Eukara was kind enough to mention the NDA group. So, being the person of interest about conspiracies and whatnot, would it be, or would it not be, possible
that Artix and co. told you to hold off about replying to questions from the Oversoul community? Now keep in mind, I know that apparently ya'll be saying there
be some "IP" Problem. Though this is just my mind wandering a bit, an A and B conversation, and I know a PM might not work and so. . . . Since this is a Q and A. . . .

Though of course I can respect that if you don't answer this. . .after all, a binding contract eh? If not correctly followed, can lawsuit take place? Hmm.

Just curious, no need to scream bloody murder and shoot me. Hehe.

< Message edited by DidYouKnowThat -- 6/7/2014 2:10:56 >
Post #: 201
6/7/2014 7:24:17   
EliteWarlockz

I have two question.
Will there be a fast foward button to speed up PvE matches so gold farming would be easier?(Basically speed up AI's Animation)
Next question Would there be a unstick button to Unfreeze PvP matches ?
Also Long Live Oversoul!

< Message edited by EliteWarlockz -- 6/7/2014 7:26:36 >
Post #: 202
6/7/2014 10:11:01   
Bionic Bear
Helpful!

Welcome myself back.
quote:

Will there be a fast foward button to speed up PvE matches so gold farming would be easier?(Basically speed up AI's Animation)

Something along those lines would be marvelous, but probably too much for Nulgath's plate as of now.
So here we go with the questions:
-Are you going to take any of our suggestions here, by chance?
-Is there any way to get other people to work with you for Oversoul?
Post #: 203
6/7/2014 10:43:31   
UnderSoul

As somebody who's been playing since Alpha, I will do whatever it takes to make sure this game stays alive. Not just for my sake, but the sake of my fellow players, and for the sake of the staff members and contest winners who put work into this game so that it would not just work, but excel. The people who have worked to see their vision cone to life. For the sake of all these people, I will use everything in my power to keep OverSoul alive! Stalling for a little while, however, seems inevitable.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 204
6/7/2014 15:57:42   
DidYouKnowThat

That's the thing. I certainly believe that whatever the community does or tries to do, it won't matter if AE just turns the other way.
It would only matter if AE wants OS to live, and right now they don't show any care for it. Lol.

So exactly how much power does the community have? Eh. . . could be overestimating in my view.
Post #: 205
6/7/2014 16:11:57   
The Finnish Phoenix

Right, I just hope they don't shut OverSoul down really. There's so much to do, so many things to level, so many ways to duel, etc, that the game is still enjoyable with character updates.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 206
6/7/2014 16:42:46   
the warden

I hope it doenst come to them having to shut it down.
Then again herosmash has even less content added to it and its not shut down so idk.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 207
6/7/2014 16:47:59   
DidYouKnowThat

Why would they shut it down? Lol. They would never shut it down, leave it to build dust, yes, but not shut it down completely.
After all, it can still be used as a small money generator, sort of, no? Just toss in a couple of characters every 2 weeks. :P

I think this is as good as OS will ever get, from that sentence Nulgath used. . ." "All I can say is I'm sorry I couldn't get the game finished for you players."
And how AE doesn't really care for OS. . . .

Post #: 208
6/7/2014 16:51:08   
The Finnish Phoenix

Well, there are costs involved in maintaining the server, domain, etc. If OS can't generate profit, AE could potentially shut it down.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 209
6/7/2014 16:58:16   
the warden

TFP: is herosmash making them any or much money?
The game pretty much just has been doing holiday shops and stuff for a year I think.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 210
6/7/2014 17:07:09   
The Finnish Phoenix

Right, and since it's still up that's a cause for optimism and I don't want to scare anybody, but I have participated in RPG's unaffiliated with AE that were taken down once they couldn't keep up financially. AE seems like it's pretty good about maintaining its games, but be prepared for the possibility.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 211
6/7/2014 17:26:35   
DidYouKnowThat

Well, considering how much time and money people spent on Oversoul *cough* $700 from Gorillo *cough* Still amazed by that. Lol.
If they were to close it down, it'd have a pretty big, negative impact I think. . .. even if the community is small.

After all, if they ended up closing anyway, the subject of OS dying would've been brought up again. If they knew that it was dying and all, and they weren't
going to help it, why would they keep stalling it out, tricking more people into dumping more $$$ to it?

AE's a pretty big company, so the message would get passed on and on, and overall it would have a really big negative impact.

Perhaps that is why OS wouldn't get shut down? Just my say on it.

So in other words, keeping it afloat, but in its current, unfinished, broken state, is still better than just bringing the whole thing down. . . maybe?

< Message edited by DidYouKnowThat -- 6/7/2014 17:27:22 >
Post #: 212
6/7/2014 17:28:49   
Axel459
The Void Calls

AE doesn't shut down their games if you haven't noticed *looks at warpforce* worst case scenario we lose Warlic and Testing server or which ever two they decide to take down.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 213
6/7/2014 17:40:37   
DidYouKnowThat

Yeh, so they just leav'em behind, hmm?
And. . losing even more servers eh. . . .Guess that would generate more profit anyway. Lol.
Post #: 214
6/7/2014 19:35:27   
Gorillo Titan

I might have spent more have to check my ae account for total sgs bought.
Post #: 215
6/7/2014 19:40:43   
The Finnish Phoenix

Wow Gorillo. o_O So that's why you always have full X-Boosts on. :P I've spent a bit over $200 over the years. The people that seriously impress me are clinton and The Jop who have many amazing high-level characters and 0 bought SG's.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 216
6/7/2014 20:02:14   
DidYouKnowThat

Hoenn Trio's mega evolutions revealed. . .yay. . .
And mega-Kyogre/Groudon will be called PRIMAL Kyogre/Groudon! >:O
Coincidence?! I suggested a character called Primal Water before. . . =.=

But anywho. . . still waiting on a reply from Nulgath. . . . Hmmm. . ..
Post #: 217
6/7/2014 20:13:29   
Gorillo Titan

You sure Clint doesn't boost?

if my laptop could handle a duel taking less than 10 minutes vs the AI I wouldn't boost.
Post #: 218
6/7/2014 23:03:54   
DidYouKnowThat

'Ey, Nulgath.
What happened to Klunk/Dilligaf anyway? We never really got to hear a lot of Oversoul themes. . . .

As a person who likes themes *cough* Lavender Town/ Oceanic Museum/ Perfect Cell/ Senya *cough*
Ya know, Pokémon themes, DBZ themes, Naruto themes, The Hobbit themes, etc.

Well. . . maybe if Dilligaf/Klunk showed off some good themes, it'd also attract more players to OS. . . .
If that's what people want, ideas that attract people, there, I gave one. :P
Post #: 219
6/7/2014 23:27:30   
Gorillo Titan

We need new locations if we want new music.

Klunk works with Nulgath on his other project.

Dage made a song for oversoul a few months ago.
Post #: 220
6/7/2014 23:29:56   
DidYouKnowThat

We don't need new locations for new music, you know.
They can release them, and maybe it could get people hyped about it. . . .

*cough* Dilligaf *cough
Post #: 221
6/7/2014 23:39:13   
Gorillo Titan

What would they do with the music then?

Just release it on youtube?
Post #: 222
6/7/2014 23:40:32   
DidYouKnowThat

Yep, pretty much.
And Oversoul homepage, etc.

If it sounds good enough, it'll induce people to listen to it, thus giving more attention to Oversoul.
And spread the word.

Person A. Here, I found some sweet music.
Person B. From what?
Person A. Oversoul!

< Message edited by DidYouKnowThat -- 6/7/2014 23:41:24 >
Post #: 223
6/7/2014 23:43:42   
Gorillo Titan

No one just listens to the theme song to stuff you need something going on in the background.
Post #: 224
6/7/2014 23:52:04   
DidYouKnowThat

*No one* would be an exaggeration.
Who says? You are just assuming, which does not make it a fact, it is just from one point of view.
And from what it looks like, it could be obvious that you ain't too familiar with themes either.
just to let you know.

There are plenty of other groups out there who make music like that without any backstory at all. At least we have OS,
and we have SOMETHING about it that we know.

A very good example could be Two Steps from Hell.
Again, you may not be familiar with themes, so you may not know them.

Also Xenoblade Chronicles, I remember they had an awesome theme . . .give me a few minutes, I'll find it.

(edit) Unfinished Battle - Xenoblade Chronicles

If you want, you can ask me to post other themes I may know.
Maplestory themes, you should check those out as well. I could listen to that 24/7. 0_0

< Message edited by DidYouKnowThat -- 6/7/2014 23:55:08 >
Post #: 225
Page:   <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= The Progress of Oversoul
Page 9 of 23«<7891011>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition