Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: The Rise of Domrius - OOC

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> Role Playing >> RP OOC >> RE: The Rise of Domrius - OOC
Page 13 of 27«<1112131415>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/1/2015 18:58:09   
Zephyrial

@TJ If we survive the battle, that is XD It looks like we will be engaging shortly, but so long as you are coming into sight as we advance, you'll still be useful.

@BK It's a no-go. I still stand by the strategy, but unfortunately Kell's introduction of the Urn threw a spanner in the works. I'm just trying to make the best of a bad situation.

I'm glad to see that Thanisgard is committing. I guess it's up to Kell to decide how screwed we get.
Post #: 301
2/1/2015 19:56:27   
TJByrum

I think Zeph's strategy would have sufficed BK, but Alquen is always going to be 1 step ahead of us.
DF AQW  Post #: 302
2/3/2015 14:07:43   
Dragonnightwolf
How We Roll Winner
Apr/Jun/Aug15

@ZEPH and TJ: TJ, unless Trevor see's you, he's going to have words for the Varan that was in the strategy tent last round. ZEPH, Just a quick heads up. When this is over there's going to be a mighty long discussion between your mage supreme and Trevor. Especially since this overconfidence your mage had in his abilities just cost one of Trevor's sub-commanders their life.

quick edit. By "you" I refer to Volrun.

< Message edited by Dragonnightwolf -- 2/3/2015 14:08:44 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 303
2/3/2015 15:00:56   
Zephyrial

We'll have a discussion... but it won't be a long one.
Post #: 304
2/3/2015 15:04:37   
Bastet

I guess I'll just grab pop-corn and watch, then.
Post #: 305
2/3/2015 16:42:56   
black knight 1234567

Zeph@ Ahh, okay. I was going to disobey orders anyways.
Post'll be up tomorrow afternoon [for me], since I need to adjust it to a rush rather than the signal.

I'm awfully sorry for the delay on the post, in general. Didn't want to miss a phase. /:
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 306
2/3/2015 19:42:13   
TJByrum

@DNW: Very well, I accept that! Though Worun (the Thane in the tent) did nothing wrong; he was heeding the orders of the man he was sworn to serve. He's now sworn to Volrun and, to an extent, Aesa.
DF AQW  Post #: 307
2/3/2015 20:01:21   
Kellehendros
Eternal Wanderer

Hey guys, I know I was talking about making a post today, but I'm afraid it isn't going to happen. My schedule has collapsed. I'm going to try to get you guys a post this weekend though.

On that count, DNW, am I reading this right, did your cavalry charge Alquen?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 308
2/3/2015 22:17:05   
Dragonnightwolf
How We Roll Winner
Apr/Jun/Aug15

The cavalry has not as yet charged the Alquen forces.

@Tj. I would like to say I am very sorry to you. I completely forgot to include your horn sounding into my post, a million apologies.
AQW Epic  Post #: 309
2/4/2015 11:42:31   
black knight 1234567

And finally, posted!
I thought i'd give Garin's own guard some identity and not just some nameless faces. Any inconsistencies, please let me know and i'll work on fixing them.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 310
2/4/2015 12:24:42   
Draycos777

quote:

Trevor Arcturus Minx, of Thanisgard! Know your place! Remember who is the Supreme Commander - I will give my orders, and only then will you give yours! Am I understood? Dissolve your formations!

This part was said only to Trevor to is mind, which is what caused him to fall off the horse in the first place

Also BK did you get my pm?
AQ  Post #: 311
2/4/2015 13:04:51   
Bastet

@Kell
Just to clarify, this is as far as me and Draycos have planned to go before receiving additional input from you. Is this enough?
Post #: 312
2/4/2015 13:21:51   
black knight 1234567

Wait but there is a part of the post that says his voice rang through the canyon. Unless its something else than shouldn't we be able to hear it?
If i'm wrong then my bad, i'll edit it out/fix it up.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 313
2/4/2015 13:41:26   
Draycos777

quote:

Groaning, he gathered his focus... then lunged mentally, wielding his thoughts like a weapon, and penetrating the mind of the Thanisgard commander directly. Like an edict from the Gods, his thoughts tumbled irrepressibly into the other man's head.

that was just before Sayden Yelled at Trevor, so I doubt we could have heard it.
AQ  Post #: 314
2/4/2015 13:52:12   
Zephyrial

That particular line was telepathic, intended only for Trevor. The rest was simply a loud voice, intended for everyone.
Post #: 315
2/4/2015 15:13:41   
black knight 1234567

And fixed, I think haha.

Zeph what happened to the mages, exactly? did they rush along with the troops or will they be doing long range support? because since Garin and his men abandoned ship and are heading for higher ground, I don't think there is anyone left to defend them?

They could join up with us for protection.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 316
2/4/2015 18:43:07   
Zephyrial

At the current time, the mages are attempting to maintain the shield long enough for our melee troops to complete their maneuvres and charge. They are still defended, though - all the Sentinels are currently still in place, remember. At this exact moment I'm unsure about what sort of thing Kell will discuss in his post - whether he will assume that we have attacked and respond, or whether he will assume that we have not yet and prepare, allowing us to determine how and when we advance. So I haven't made any solid future plans for my mages yet.

If Kell chooses the latter, I may have my mages make a last-ditch attack to punch a hole in the Alquen formations, and penalise myself with higher casualties afterwards.

< Message edited by Zephyrial -- 2/4/2015 18:44:06 >
Post #: 317
2/5/2015 14:39:11   
TJByrum

I'm hoping to see how the clash of the two armies to so I'll know where to allocate my forces.

Unless any of you want me to direct my Varan elsewhere.
DF AQW  Post #: 318
2/5/2015 15:00:43   
black knight 1234567

Am genuinely curious, but how do you guys perceive Alquen regulars?
For me personally: Alquen regulars
Domrius
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 319
2/5/2015 18:23:58   
TJByrum

I know it's not in the description, and I'd really need to re-read the descriptions, but I always picture the Alquen Regulars as lightly armored Roman troops, and I see Domrius as a skinny man who uses a wooden walking stick for support and wears wolf hides draped over his body.

I'm interested in Domrius and I think it would be neat to have some sort of diplomatic meeting with him and his commanders. He doesn't really seem all that evil, but I'm wondering what it is that is driving him to fight us.

He seems rather relentless in his attacks.
DF AQW  Post #: 320
2/6/2015 18:35:22   
Dragonnightwolf
How We Roll Winner
Apr/Jun/Aug15

@RoninofDreams: Cavalry war horse armor

I've provided you with a visual similarity of what I would envision the war-horses to look like in regards to the armor.

This way, you can put this picture, and my in-rp piece together, and understand what I'm talking about.

@Zephy. The talk with likely happen "in" the strategy tent.

@TJ In regards to the Vorun, It is currently that Trevor was initially "surprised" and "displeased" that Valran was relieved of his prior command. And since Trevor didn't see him afterwards, well you get the idea. He's also not pleased about the disappearance of them.

The main place he'll talk more than likely though is the strategy tent.

(Edit)

Kell, at this point, the cavalry is "now" charging. You may roll the dice to determine what the cost of men is for this battle, I'd also like to point out that a sub-commander has died in combat. Thomas is now deceased due to an arrow through the chest.

< Message edited by Dragonnightwolf -- 2/6/2015 18:50:31 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 321
2/6/2015 19:02:38   
black knight 1234567

I think some talks with Domrius will happen mid way through the RP if we get there, but just an estimate. I'm interested in the overarching plot/idea Kell has.

< Message edited by black knight 1234567 -- 2/6/2015 19:05:38 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 322
2/6/2015 20:05:18   
Kellehendros
Eternal Wanderer

Black, that's not really a good image of Domrius. Domrius is specifically described as not being a fighter. While he might wear armor, and even carry a sword, he doesn't use them, and would be hard-pressed against even a novice fighter.

DNW, I'm going to pull back the curtain a moment to explain something. Battle casualties are not determined by rolls, they are determined by a number of factors starting with minimum values associated with morale and fatigue, and modified by several other conditions, including random factors that are determined by dice rolls.

The most important modifications to the casualty counts are the tactics utilized by the players. The sacrifice of an officer will be factored into consideration, but it is going to take a lot more, the death of a commanding officer perhaps, for me to abandon the formula in favor of a dramatic and cinematic counter-attack.

Edit: Most of the post is roughed out, but I'm going to give it some time to percolate, and I'd like to get an opinion on it before it goes up. I should be posting sometime tonight.

< Message edited by Kellehendros -- 2/7/2015 13:35:05 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 323
2/8/2015 5:29:49   
Bastet

Hah, I expect casualties to be high on both sides after the results of this battle.

@Kell Me and Draycos will be waiting on the promised input before moving on with the infiltration.

Post #: 324
2/13/2015 19:54:54   
Kellehendros
Eternal Wanderer

Hey guys, just wanted to drop a quick line and let you know that I am not, in fact, dead in a ditch somewhere. I'm going to try and get a post up Saturday. If that doesn't pan, it should go up Sunday.

Sorry for the delay.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 325
Page:   <<   < prev  11 12 [13] 14 15   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> Role Playing >> RP OOC >> RE: The Rise of Domrius - OOC
Page 13 of 27«<1112131415>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition