Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: The Rise of Domrius - OOC

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> Role Playing >> RP OOC >> RE: The Rise of Domrius - OOC
Page 19 of 27«<1718192021>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/9/2015 3:01:04   
Dragonnightwolf
How We Roll Winner
Apr/Jun/Aug15

Yeah we need to fix this chaos among ourselves. That's what Minx was trying to say from the get go, but it all went to dang.
AQW Epic  Post #: 451
3/9/2015 8:23:13   
Bastet

I'd like to say that your soldiers are in good hands, DNW, but... they aren't. Heh.

< Message edited by Bastet -- 3/9/2015 12:10:38 >
Post #: 452
3/9/2015 16:43:30   
TJByrum

I have to say, though, that is was interesting how those events turned out. It made me go a little out-of-the-way with Volrun, and now I feel like Volrun's personality has been dramatically changed, so I will try my best to revert him to the calm, tactically-minded, and open general he's suppose to be. He's turning into Koros Jarn, and he's suppose to be the opposite.
DF AQW  Post #: 453
3/9/2015 19:35:05   
Dragonnightwolf
How We Roll Winner
Apr/Jun/Aug15

There's an old saying bastet. "he who laughs first, loses much in the long run."

Oh and just a heads up for everyone, Tj and myself are writing up a compilation together. If my guess is right, My latest pm to him should be the last of it.

< Message edited by Dragonnightwolf -- 3/9/2015 20:27:11 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 454
3/10/2015 15:46:12   
TJByrum

So long as DNW is satisfied, our collab will be up within the next 24 hours, I presume.

Very fun. I like collaborations. If anyone else is up for collaborating, let me know, I will welcome it with open arms.
DF AQW  Post #: 455
3/10/2015 16:12:08   
Bastet

I edited in a paragraph in my last post, addressing a detail I had missed (regarding the slip of paper Trevor dropped). Sorry if this may cause anybody inconvenience, though I think it won't affect the other commanders.
Post #: 456
3/11/2015 20:52:01   
TJByrum

Before it becomes an issue, I'd like to go ahead and nominate myself (or Volrun for that matter) as Supreme Commander for the next battle. If anyone else was wanting to act as the supreme commander, they may; I'm merely suggesting myself in case no one else wants to be.
DF AQW  Post #: 457
3/11/2015 21:51:51   
Draycos777

well, we may still get a plan out. We still have Zeph's and Kell's post left before any actually enemies start moving.

Edit: Ah, ty Kell QQ. I'll get to work on a post as soon as I can. It's a be late now where I'm at now though.

< Message edited by Draycos777 -- 3/12/2015 0:49:08 >
AQ  Post #: 458
3/12/2015 15:57:08   
TJByrum

Draycos, do you think you could engineer an image of your strategy using paint, or some other program? I find it would be easier to understand what is going on without causing much confusion.

Because Volrun and his Varan will not know of this plan, he will try to lead them in accordance with the movements of the other Allied troops. Unless, of course, you wish to send a messenger to him and give him instructions.

< Message edited by TJByrum -- 3/12/2015 16:00:10 >

"I would rather betray the world, than let the world betray me."
-Cao Cao, King of Wei
DF AQW  Post #: 459
3/12/2015 16:04:29   
Draycos777

You can do so if you'd like, I'm horrible at drawing so it'll be hard for me to do such. Also, my plan hasn't actually been decided on yet. If we do choose to use it, Ivis would have to be informed as well. Though, Ivis will probably meet up with Minx and Volrun to see who the other commanders, that weren't in the tent, are. If you want, Volrun can ask for her thoughts.
AQ  Post #: 460
3/12/2015 18:19:26   
Bastet

I will wait for the beginning of the next battle phase before making further posts, as I don't want to speed ahead of the main army.
Post #: 461
3/12/2015 19:32:20   
TJByrum

I will try to make one for reference, but I shall post it here as well. I'll need you to confirm it. Give me... Maybe tomorrow?
DF AQW  Post #: 462
3/12/2015 19:37:49   
Draycos777

Whenever you wish TJ, I'm not rushing anybody since I can't even make one myselfXD
AQ  Post #: 463
3/13/2015 2:39:20   
Dragonnightwolf
How We Roll Winner
Apr/Jun/Aug15

i have just an outside question. How does Ivis know there's a noble commander in charge? The alquen army hasn't come out of their fortress as yet, so we haven't actually "seen" their offensive strategy yet.
AQW Epic  Post #: 464
3/13/2015 2:49:20   
Draycos777

She's going by past experience with other kingdoms. Granted she doesn't know who the noble is or what kind of person they are, but she does know that only someone of rank would lead the best soldiers to battle. And she figures with a empire like Alquen theres a good chance it's a noble, or at least someone rich enough to act like one.

quote:

The alquen army hasn't come out of their fortress as yet, so we haven't actually "seen" their offensive strategy yet.

also what are you referring to with this?
AQ  Post #: 465
3/13/2015 17:41:56   
TJByrum

Draycos, is Ivis suggesting the army form up in a basic formation while the Great Sea mercenaries deal with the cavalry alone?
DF AQW  Post #: 466
3/13/2015 19:31:10   
Dragonnightwolf
How We Roll Winner
Apr/Jun/Aug15

What I meant was that As per Kell and my's conversation in IRC, The Alquen Army has not yet exited their fortress at the pass, into the battlefield as of yet.
AQW Epic  Post #: 467
3/13/2015 19:52:07   
Draycos777

@TJ If Minx doesn't want to bring is own cavalry along, then Ivis will have to. That's only if they don't take the bait, if they do and chase her then she'll lead them into a death trap of the alliance's pike/spearmen.

if they don't chase after Ivis then the formation will be pike/spear on the sides to prevent pincer attacks and stray cavalry rushes. Infantry, keep focus on the enemy's spear/pike to keep them from guarding against our cavalry. Mages and archers in a position where they can take out the enemy's own ranged damage dealers.

Only attack the enemy's archers while they are in range, focus on the pike/spear once they enemy's archers have fell back. Once they have regrouped and entered the field, repeat the process. This way we can hopefully keep damage from arrows at a min.

< Message edited by Draycos777 -- 3/13/2015 20:04:50 >
AQ  Post #: 468
3/14/2015 1:54:34   
Dragonnightwolf
How We Roll Winner
Apr/Jun/Aug15

Draycos, my cavalry is already ON the battlefield.

< Message edited by Dragonnightwolf -- 3/14/2015 15:32:08 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 469
3/14/2015 2:36:50   
Draycos777

I meant along, as in, with the Ivis' cavalry in her plan.
AQ  Post #: 470
3/14/2015 9:26:17   
TJByrum

So Jejarel warned Domrius, and the counter-attack was a success, and Cory just died? Wow. I'm not sure what to think of that. I'm anxious to read Ishia's point of view on the subject.

EDIT: First Thomas, now Cory? Trevor won't be feeling to great when he gets back to camp, considering he's not in the tent where all the commotion took place.

EDIT2: I've decided that Asgeir is currently in the process of going through a great reformation. They were once divided into dozens of clans and kingdoms, but were forced to unite to drive out foreign invaders. After that, they decided to stay united and formed the Varan Kingdom, and the traditionalists are dying off (Koros, Tarro, Lyza) while reformers, such as Aesa and Volrun, are beginning to have different dreams for the future of their home land. So the Age of Heroes, which occurred a few decades ago, marked the end of a period you can imagine as being the 'dark ages' of Asgeir, and now they're becoming more versed in the arts, commerce, and foreign relations. There's still a group, however, known as the Skog which exists in the north-western regions which still cling onto the clannnistic and savage ways of the Barbaric Age. The Varan have become more civilized and leaving their 'primitiveness' behind.

< Message edited by TJByrum -- 3/14/2015 9:35:56 >
DF AQW  Post #: 471
3/14/2015 10:03:23   
Kellehendros
Eternal Wanderer

I'm calling a timeout on the IC thread.

DNW, please remove your latest post. The post prevents anyone else from making posts of their own, by compressing the timeline. There is no physical way in which the raiding party could have made it down the mountain, to the camp, sprung the ambush, and then fled back to the Allied camp in such a short period of time. It takes hours to walk down the mountain trails. If you will recall, the infiltration parties missed the entirety of yesterday's fighting during their scouting, and Ishia was gone all night when she went to meet with Domrius. As it stands, they did all that, and Cory still got back before the rest of the commanders even left the strategy tent.

Please remove the post. I am of the opinion that you and Bastet could work something out together that would be better than either of your individual efforts.

< Message edited by Kellehendros -- 3/14/2015 10:04:29 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 472
3/14/2015 11:19:51   
Dragonnightwolf
How We Roll Winner
Apr/Jun/Aug15

Fine. But you seem to forget riding back at full speed on a horse takes a lot less time than walking.
AQW Epic  Post #: 473
3/14/2015 13:57:01   
Kellehendros
Eternal Wanderer

That has no bearing on the fact that the group was marching down the trail. It would have taken several hours to get down the trail. Even if it took half the amount of time to ride back, you're talking about riding full speed, uphill, on a wounded mount in unfamiliar territory. That's a great way to break a horse's leg and wind up walking back. Even if you were lucky enough to avoid that, we're still talking about an action that takes multiple hours to complete. There is not physical way, short of teleportation, for Cory to make it down the mountain, resolve the ambush, and get back to the Allied camp before the battle is joined.

That aside, the post also borders on a bunny by dint of time compression. Your compression of the timescale is such that Bastet has no say in anything that happens. While Ishia is outnumbered, she is still present, and her actions are part and parcel of the way in which these events will unfold. Your post took that away from Bastet by dictating the entire ambush and confrontation in a way that made Ishia at best a passive observer.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 474
3/14/2015 16:15:23   
TJByrum

@DNW: I would suggest describing the surprise attack as you did, and then explaining that Cory flees the scene as quickly as he can. And then end it there. Bastet can then explain Ishia's thoughts, actions, etc.

If you plan on having Cory expose Ishia when he gets back to camp, I'm wondering how things will go from there. Is Bastet going to have Ishia flee to the Alquen camp during the ambush, or is she going to return to the camp? How is the fallout going to be dealt with? And I know the Thanisgardians have their suspicions, but what about the fire-attack's failure caused Cory to deem Ishia responsible exactly?
DF AQW  Post #: 475
Page:   <<   < prev  17 18 [19] 20 21   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> Role Playing >> RP OOC >> RE: The Rise of Domrius - OOC
Page 19 of 27«<1718192021>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition