Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: The Rise of Domrius - OOC

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> Role Playing >> RP OOC >> RE: The Rise of Domrius - OOC
Page 20 of 27«<1819202122>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/14/2015 18:13:03   
Bastet

@DNW I wholly agree with TJ's proposal, as I had no issues with the initial part of your post. Have Cory react as he would, but give my character the time to react.
Post #: 476
3/14/2015 18:38:22   
TJByrum

@Zephyrial: I'm interested in the magnitude of the Oramus Collective's abilities. I've mentioned this before, but I'm trying to determine what the best use of our forces are, and it would be easier if I knew what the mages were capable of.

@Kell: Considering Starstruck hasn't logged on in the past two months, how do you plan on dealing with that? I'm wondering if we should consider Kulak as being within the camp from now on, or assume they're in the battle. Or will you assume command of there forces?
DF AQW  Post #: 477
3/14/2015 19:32:00   
Kellehendros
Eternal Wanderer

I am assuming control of the forces of absent commanders. This includes both the Kulaki and Vorfather contingents. Until such a time as their respective players show up to reclaim them, I'll be handling them, or delegating the task to the Supreme Commander of the day.

All commanders, there will be a slight delay in my planned post, for which I apologize. I am working on things with DNW, and I want to smooth things out here before we continue to prevent further issues. I apologize for the delay, and will work to get the post up in a timely fashion.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 478
3/14/2015 20:00:36   
Zephyrial

Hey guys. I'm sorry for the disappearance - right as I promised to post I came down with the flu, and have been languishing in bed for the last week or so. Looking at the OOC it seems as if the current state of things is a little up in the air... anyone able to tell me whether I can post or not?

@TJ
Sayden and his mages can, when working in tandem, cast large-scale offensive spells drawing from any of the elements. You'll just have to use your imagination, but hopefully the stuff they've done already will give you some idea as to their level of strength. The spells are strong enough to make a difference on a battlefield-wide level, but not to end a battle in one go. They cannot heal, but they can create barriers, and manipulation of the environment is not out of their range either. The more are involved in casting the same spell, the stronger it becomes, but groups already linked are slow to switch to another spell. Fatigue is generated depending on the complexity and power of the spell in question - generally we're looking at two or three max-power spells a battle, but they can go with one big'un or many little'uns as desired. Bear in mind that as several of them are now dead, their potential is slightly reduced.

< Message edited by Zephyrial -- 3/14/2015 20:01:00 >
Post #: 479
3/14/2015 21:10:26   
Kellehendros
Eternal Wanderer

I apologize for the delays again. This is notification of time-in. Feel free to post.

DNW, Bastet, if you have questions or concerns regarding the coming infiltration, please let me know. I'm expecting, much like the last mission, that this will occupy the infiltration group for the majority, if not all, of the coming combat phase. DNW, that means you will need to split your efforts between the infiltration and the main combat.

I'm going to try and get my post together for tomorrow.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 480
3/14/2015 22:10:13   
TJByrum

@Zeph: So let's say I wanted them to cast sheets of ice across the ground, or cause a mini-quake. Or perhaps cause it to rain very hard, or begin to snow heavily, or have the wind blow very fast, something along those lines. Could they do that? Weather and terrain play very large roles in warfare, and if we have the potential to control that then we should use it. Can you imagine the possibilities? When you consider ranged attacks, such as arrows, wind plays a huge factor in it. If we could make the winds blow eastward, at very high speeds, we could fire on the enemy from very far away, and they would have to position their own archers very close - in range of a cavalry charge. If we could completely render the enemy blind in a thick rainstorm, or cover their camp in heavy snow, or trigger landslides from the sides of Gripclaw Pass, we would have access to a slew of strategic options.

@Kell: In relation to everything I just relayed to Zephyrial, what would you think of such possibilities?

EDIT: Just to give you an example of how wind can play a crucial role in warfare, I'll refer you to the Battle of Chibi, colloquially known as the Battle of the Red Cliffs. At that time, regional warlord Cao Cao had led a massive army down the Yangtze River (China) aboard boats. He would have effectively made huge successes with this army. However, an alliance between the forces of Liu Bei and Sun Quan helped to put a stop to this invasion. The wind was blowing against Cao Cao, and the Wu-Shu alliance used a fire attack to wreak havoc on Cao Cao's fleet. The wind helped tremendously, and it cost Cao Cao a lot of his soldiers. He was forced to abandon his southern campaign.

< Message edited by TJByrum -- 3/14/2015 22:14:15 >
DF AQW  Post #: 481
3/14/2015 22:25:41   
Draycos777

Have you been playing dynasty warriors or watching romance of the three kingdoms lately? You sure have been referencing them a lot.

Also, since we have time to post before Kell continues the story, Ivis and Volrun can talk for a bit now I guess:P
AQ  Post #: 482
3/14/2015 22:42:48   
Ronin Of Dreams
Still Watching...

Post in. Being the support force grants me some exceptional leeway, granted, but I've been meaning a post for quite some time. I've kept Kell abreast with what's been going on over on my end, but I still apologize for the delay if it has caused anyone any undue concern.
AQ  Post #: 483
3/14/2015 22:52:35   
TJByrum

@Draycos: I've played them in the past, but I'm also a fan of Luo Guanzhong's Romance of the Three Kingdoms book, as well as the historical setting of Ancient China as a whole. The media you mentioned was more a gateway into the subject, but I've since been reading the original works and legends. I've also been reading up on Sun Tzu's The Art of War. Don't get me wrong, I'm also a fan of other historical settings (specifically antiquity) but Chinese warfare was heavily focused on deception (or at least, more so than other areas) rather than pitched battles; this led to clever strategy, troop movements, tactics, and events. If Ivis wants to come meet Volrun, I will accept that, so long as Kell is fine with it.
DF AQW  Post #: 484
3/14/2015 23:32:00   
Zephyrial

@TJ

Ah, I see where you're coming from now.

Well, I certainly could do those things... but throughout this RP I've always tried to place limits on what my mages can do, to prevent myself from getting too carried away. So if I were to do these things, I would place some obstacles in my path to make it a little more troublesome. If you'd like, perhaps we could hash out a little collaborative meeting where Volrun and Sayden can have a little chat, and he can explain?
Post #: 485
3/14/2015 23:40:00   
Dragonnightwolf
How We Roll Winner
Apr/Jun/Aug15

I'd have sent a pm to Bastet earlier in the day, but during my conversation with Kell I was inexplicably cut off due to my internet going down.

Bastet can expect a private message from myself in the next 10 minutes.

In regards to weather, Due note that bad weather will also effect our side. Specifically the horses. Ice can make things a bit more treacherous for them to charge in, likewise rain can make the Reins and saddles wet and hard to maintain balance upon, though rain is a less likely problem as ice.

High winds "might" cause a bit of slower movement speed in regards to cavalry due to how high the winds might blow. Remember a cavalry person is typically at a slightly higher vantage point than your typical troop.
AQW Epic  Post #: 486
3/15/2015 6:55:43   
Bastet

I'll confirm that me and DNW are currently collaborating.
Post #: 487
3/15/2015 8:24:53   
TJByrum

@Zephyrial: I would like such a meeting, as I could then tell Sayden about rune magic used in Asgeir.

@DNW: What you're describing DNW, is to make the enemy's disadvantage also our disadvantage, which we do not want to do. If such conditions would hinder the cavalry, we would simply not deploy them. I believe allowing them to rest may even restore their fatigue points, or at least I think Kell had said that before. By creating high easterly winds, along with a severe rainstorm, we would greatly hinder the enemy's ranged and mounted advantages. Though I am more than certain Domrius has tricks up his sleeve to deal with such happenings.

I also wonder if the mages can create illusions, such as 'fake' soldiers that the enemy would believe is real.
DF AQW  Post #: 488
3/16/2015 18:39:29   
Kellehendros
Eternal Wanderer

Okay the post is up, I apologize again for the delay.

This begins the third combat phase. This round will go until 3/25.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 489
3/17/2015 6:30:04   
TJByrum

Expect a post from me today.

Shield wall; will turtle in defense from the crossbows until Alquen regulars engage. I'll expect support from others to handle the mages and cavalry.

I'll also utilize an old Varan tactic. It's basic and might not do much in this battle, but it'll be a neat trick to try.
DF AQW  Post #: 490
3/17/2015 8:28:54   
Bastet

Watch out for the crossbows, TJ. Shields don't fare as well against bolts as they do against regular arrows.
Post #: 491
3/17/2015 9:37:55   
TJByrum

Good advice, Bastet. Though it's the only defense I got at the moment. It'd be better if them he's could summon a barrier for us. For now I'll try to hold out and engage the Alquen regulars when they close in.

@Kell: any preference in how the bolts should affect my troops? Should I expect them to be deflected, or go through?
DF AQW  Post #: 492
3/17/2015 17:56:38   
Kellehendros
Eternal Wanderer

That will depend entirely on the angles, TJ. I imagine you'll get a little of both. The bolts are more likely to carom off a shield when striking at an angle, and more likely to penetrate and stick when hitting head on. It's going to be a confluence of shield design and how the shield is held.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 493
3/17/2015 20:46:17   
TJByrum

At first I thought I was not going to be able to, but I think I can squeeze in something in these past few hours of the day.

I've been very busy with work and then family stuff, and I am very tired and very sore.

I'll get to work as soon as I can. I'll try to include some humor in my post.

Got a post up. Decided not to advance time to the first volley of bolts; For now Volrun just analyzed the enemy formation. I won't metagame, but hopefully someone can keep the Alquen horsemen off of my back. And I am severely outnumbered by the Regulars, and I will need the aid of some allied infantry -very soon-.

Finally, I decided to make the use of crossbows new to the Varan. They've never seen, nor have they even heard of a crossbow. They'll likely be surprised to see them, and will probably be curious as to why the enemy 'arrows' look so strange (which was suppose to be my humor, but I will wait on that).

And I've deduced that the Alquen Regulars formation will be to tough to break into, so I won't even try it. Best the Varan can do is stand there, defend against the bolts as best as possible, and fight the Regulars when they close in on them. I''l rely on someone else to deal with the horsemen. It'd also be a good idea to flank them from the south since they have no almost no defense there. The Regulars will need to be tied up fist, but once they're occupied someone can slip around with some horsemen and try to pursue the enemy crossbowmen and perhaps the mages.

< Message edited by TJByrum -- 3/17/2015 21:29:55 >
DF AQW  Post #: 494
3/18/2015 0:52:37   
Dragonnightwolf
How We Roll Winner
Apr/Jun/Aug15

Yeah, the mages are gonna be a hassle.

This kind of puts a little kink in my plans. But we'll see. oh and happy St. Pats day to all of you.
AQW Epic  Post #: 495
3/18/2015 18:36:50   
TJByrum

@Kell: I'd like to think the Alquen soldiers will arrive shortly after the other allies manage to deploy. Right? Please be right.
DF AQW  Post #: 496
3/18/2015 19:17:45   
Kellehendros
Eternal Wanderer

That, TJ, is going to depend entirely upon how quickly your fellows get moving.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 497
3/18/2015 19:50:20   
Dragonnightwolf
How We Roll Winner
Apr/Jun/Aug15

Yeah. We can't expect everyone else to arrive, but don't forget Kell that You need to make a participating post in that front too since your playing for Starstruck.

Edit 2: The post for Trevor is up, it's not very big because I'll need more people via appearance before I can write more for him.

I'm still working on that collab with Bastet, and it should be more or less finished after her next reply back to me.

< Message edited by Dragonnightwolf -- 3/21/2015 5:03:00 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 498
3/24/2015 18:04:22   
Draycos777

I'll be on travel from wed the 25th to wed the 1st, so I'm may or may not be able to post during that time frame.
AQ  Post #: 499
3/25/2015 22:30:55   
Kellehendros
Eternal Wanderer

The post is up. Combat round begins now. This round will run until 4/3.

TJByrum, the Vorfather soldiers will be working with you during this combat phase. I'm delegating them to your control for now.

All commanders, no Supreme Commander was selected. As a result, you will be assessed an additional 10% casualties during this phase.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 500
Page:   <<   < prev  18 19 [20] 21 22   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> Role Playing >> RP OOC >> RE: The Rise of Domrius - OOC
Page 20 of 27«<1819202122>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition