Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =EC 2014= Fountain Arena OOC

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> The Championships >> RE: =EC 2014= Fountain Arena OOC
Page 4 of 4<1234
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/5/2014 19:12:41   
Question Mark?

I AM HERE.
And I am slowly but inexorably advancing.
I figure the alchemist's earth won't really be useful against anyone but Rowan, so I've decided to use that up right now.
Also I realize the a bowie knife is not jagged. I hit post before I noticed that. Whoops.

< Message edited by Question Mark? -- 9/5/2014 19:31:15 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 76
9/6/2014 18:00:17   
Dragonnightwolf
How We Roll Winner
Apr/Jun/Aug15

I have posted what "may" be my finale for the preliminary rounds here.

This all depends on a few, last minute things of which could possibly happen.
AQW Epic  Post #: 77
9/6/2014 18:56:12   
Question Mark?

Just a couple notes on my post.
Anyone outside of the pagoda near the fight between Connor, Rowan Moonstone, and Yggdrasil will be slightly deafened, disoriented, or something of that ilk, due to the explosion.
Anyone inside the pagoda will definitely have heard it, and may have seen it, since the explosion was quite visible.
I intentionally left Rowan Moonstone's fate up to his player, for obvious reasons.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 78
9/6/2014 19:56:20   
Necro-Knight

I...kinda think there should have been a chance for me to jump, block or deal with the thrown vial in some way? Rowan wouldn't have just stood there and let it impact, especially if it came that close?
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 79
9/6/2014 20:59:06   
Question Mark?

I had a couple reasons, actually:
1) There was a hatchet in you, as per Connor's post, this was distracting.
2) The vial was green, like the ground, and like the background. It is very hard to see.
3) You were even less likely to notice it with a hatchet in your back.
4) It shattered on impact, and exploded upon shattering, there was no time to avoid it.
5) You couldn't have destroyed it or caught it without it breaking or cracking (I had to keep it wrapped in thick silk to prevent it from cracking just from clinking around in my bag) and a crack would quickly cause an explosion.
6) You're not dead. You're hurt, probably, but heck, you're a DEATH KNIGHT. If you can't survive that, nobody can.
7) Even if you had noticed a tiny green vial against a green background, decided it was your primary threat, somehow managed to jump out of the way in full armor during its air time , with a hatchet in your back all the while, you would still be caught in it because its an explosion.

And so:
There really wasn't anything that could be done.
It was a one-use deal, and bad for my enemies, but bad for me and everyone around me too.
I'm never gonna get to do that again, and hey, it's not like it killed you, necessarily.

Hopefully this explains some things.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 80
9/6/2014 21:03:30   
Apocalypse

@Necro-Knight: You definitely can still jump (at Rowan's feet refers can refer to where his feet were when the vial went boom, like how Rowan teleported behind Connor but ended being more to his right because of Connor's actions). Though you may be able to block with shield or shadows still as, again, the feet could just be a reference point (though it is a little debatable and other options are probably more so). But hey, I have no real authority, so what do I know?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 81
9/6/2014 22:36:19   
Question Mark?

^Yep (Although to be honest, having Rowan create some sort of shield or, better yet, shadow step, is more plausible than jumping.)
It's totally up to you if you dodged or avoided it, and if you didn't how much damage you took. I'm not trying to force you to do anything in particular.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 82
9/6/2014 22:38:37   
Dragonnightwolf
How We Roll Winner
Apr/Jun/Aug15

just a note to qm. The reason my char doesn't mention your explosion is for a couple reasons. 1. in my finale, i've run around the back of the gazebo, this would typically protect me from whatever that explosion causes since i've got shielding on 3 sides since the gazebo itself is like a wall.

Now the other reason is that it was a little unclear just how far out the explosion's effects might go. So if i've in any way disregarded it and those aren't good enough for explanation,

then i apologize. it would have happened just as i ran around the back of the gazebo, and would have likely ended, after I had gotten to the other side to roll up under the railing.
AQW Epic  Post #: 83
9/6/2014 23:06:21   
Question Mark?

No problem, your explanation is perfectly logical!
And, to clear up any confusion, the explosion is very localized. The energy pulse itself is, naturally, spherical, and is roughly 8 feet in diameter, enough to make it hard to avoid the effect but not enough to cause very much collateral damage, since you'd have to be standing within 4 feet of the epicenter to be harmed by it. Rubble and bits of things from the impact site go a little farther, of course, but the rocky shrapnel isn't traveling very fast or very high off the ground, and isn't likely to hurt anyone very badly at all.

EDIT: There's no obligation to actually mention the explosion in your post! I just put that information there as reference. Obviously, the explosion isn't necessarily going to be important to whatever it is you're doing.

< Message edited by Question Mark? -- 9/6/2014 23:09:34 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 84
9/7/2014 9:54:44   
Arthur
How We Roll Winner
Dec14

@unknown2215, I checked all the posts. Whose attack is it that you are referring to...? The blinding lights...?
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 85
9/7/2014 11:50:29   
unknown2215

Ranlae's light trick, Dragonnightwolf's post references it as well.

< Message edited by unknown2215 -- 9/7/2014 12:34:59 >
AQ  Post #: 86
9/7/2014 15:05:36   
Arthur
How We Roll Winner
Dec14

Woah, the first round ended fairly soon. o.O

Was it quicker this time or is that the usual ending time for ECs...?
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 87
9/7/2014 16:04:23   
Dragonnightwolf
How We Roll Winner
Apr/Jun/Aug15

It was actually scheduled to end on the evening of yesterday, but technical problems made that impossible.
AQW Epic  Post #: 88
9/7/2014 21:58:10   
Apocalypse

Good luck to everyone who participated - it was a fun fight and I'm glad to have a go at so many of you!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 89
9/8/2014 1:35:48   
Dragonnightwolf
How We Roll Winner
Apr/Jun/Aug15

Yeah that was a load of fun indeed.

I need to consider what type of char to use next year.

AQW Epic  Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> The Championships >> RE: =EC 2014= Fountain Arena OOC
Page 4 of 4<1234
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition