Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 152 - Read the first post!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 152 - Read the first post!
Page 10 of 30«<89101112>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/2/2014 21:47:18   
Axel459
The Void Calls

I'll totally take on the challenge of fighting that I think it's possible to kill it.

AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 226
11/2/2014 22:24:24   
The Jop

That's almost 3 times the maximum health. I think you're overestimating your abilities.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 227
11/2/2014 22:31:56   
Gorillo Titan

you most likely can beat it but it would need to be easy to find making it hard as crud to find and that hard to fight would be annoying as heck you would always have to go to that location prepare for a battle.

Also how about a 3 headed DFR dragon for OS thought of it from void mage 5 hit.
Post #: 228
11/2/2014 22:38:26   
The Jop

If it can spam corruption/death flow as well as having 15,000 health, I doubt anyone could beat it. What's the highest amount of health you ended on when fighting a boss at a high level? Now just imagine if it had about 3 times more health.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 229
11/2/2014 22:39:29   
The Finnish Phoenix

quote:

That's almost 3 times the maximum health. I think you're overestimating your abilities.

This seems accurate given our current resources, especially if we're talking about the boss versions of Corruption and Death Flow with reduced costs.

AQ DF MQ  Post #: 230
11/2/2014 22:43:00   
Gorillo Titan

I beat female DFR I think with 34 left with no defensive CC you would need one of the god level characters like Queen and King to do it lol.
Post #: 231
11/2/2014 22:48:11   
DeathGuard

With enough tanking powers, it should be enough to beat him. 10k seems more possible.
Regardless, lets take lvl 1, we had to do 4500 damage before he kills us, it had be go go go race on freezing and dealing damage with shatters if you used an ice character xD
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 232
11/2/2014 22:53:19   
Gorillo Titan

At level 1 he will kill you first turn with deathflow.

@Sage do you know if Nulgath is allowed to bring stuff from AQ to OS?
Post #: 233
11/2/2014 23:06:04   
DeathGuard

Not if you keep spamming ironhides and defenses xD

Also about the AQ stuff to OS

The policy between games is to ask for files if needed, the decision lies in the proper owner of the file and the Lead Creator of the Game to give such files. It has happened quite a few times that I have seen exchanges between the ED Team and AQW for crossover promos and publicity of such sort. Thing is if the file would actually work with OS, which I sincerely doubt.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 234
11/2/2014 23:18:34   
Gorillo Titan

Nulgath would have to redraw them like he did genwog cause the old art for them is kind of ugly.

I predict we will get AQ stuff since Nulgath has been giving a lot of stuff to AQ lately since they lost one of there artist. Whose the game lead of AQ?
Post #: 235
11/2/2014 23:24:37   
DeathGuard

The game lead for AQ is Galanoth
Next time use this to check the staff from each game, it has helped me contact quite several people throughout the games xD

The link is super outdated.

< Message edited by DeathGuard -- 11/2/2014 23:34:04 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 236
11/2/2014 23:28:24   
Gorillo Titan

Galanoth is full time mobile games now.
Post #: 237
11/2/2014 23:33:06   
DeathGuard

That thing is outdated. This is the recent update of all the AQ staff
AQ Staff
From what it says, The Hollow is the new game lead.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 238
11/2/2014 23:52:18   
Gorillo Titan

Someone should try and get in contact with Hollow and see whats up with OS getting some AQ characters.

Oh, yeah Vox work on AQ as a co story writer im really thinking OS is about to get something big soon not sure what but I just get a vibe we might get either chaos or some actual story related stuff soon.

< Message edited by Gorillo Titan -- 11/2/2014 23:54:59 >
Post #: 239
11/3/2014 0:56:38   
The Finnish Phoenix

quote:

Regardless, lets take lvl 1, we had to do 4500 damage before he kills us, it had be go go go race on freezing and dealing damage with shatters if you used an ice character xD

Perhaps, but they're talking about something with 15000 static HP specifically. That isn't simply three times your character's HP but about three times the max starting HP.

quote:

With enough tanking powers, it should be enough to beat him.

If the boss used normal cards I'd be more inclined to agree but just look at Boss cards:
Boss 500-Attack for 1 energy (50000% efficiency! More than triple the efficiency of Bash/Thrash, the most efficient instant attack cards currently available to free players.)
Boss 500-Pierce for 1 energy (The same efficiency as above with the small chance to nullify energy spent by the opponent on shields, making this the best attack card ever for its cost, DoTs included.)
Boss 800-Attack for 2 energy (higher scale and still insanely good, Power Strike's cost is more than triple that of this card for the same result.)
Boss 500-Defend for 2 energy (The least efficient boss card, still significantly more efficient than any available shield or heal cards. This is what you hope the boss will use instead of annihilating you.)
Boss Corruption: 6 energy for 2000 total damage over 4 turns (Corruption's damage for Poison's energy cost.)
Boss DeathFlow: 8 energy for 2000 instant damage. (Like a fully-loaded SuperCharged with four attack cards, except it doesn't need any attack cards.)

Even the best current characters would be helpless against a player-controlled Boss Deck at equal HP. The reason we can beat bosses like FoV, WitchBlade, StormKnight, and the DFRs is because they take a while to get going since they use cards early without letting their energy regen stack until it's too late. With 15000 HP, even an AI boss would reach 4-5 energy regen while still having a good 10K+ HP left, at which point it could freely spam three or more boss cards per turn under the safe assumption that it's a Master or Legendary as all other bosses to this point have been.

AQ DF MQ  Post #: 240
11/3/2014 1:02:37   
megakyle777

You know, you bring up something I've thought about just now: I wonder if it would be possible to add in challenge bosses that you can go up and challenge, with great AI and those cards. Better Ai is in the game since the ai was too good before a nerf way back, the cards exist, and all you would need to do is buff the health.

Also Titan, what makes you think something big this way comes?
DF  Post #: 241
11/3/2014 1:16:48   
elite dark slayer

Imagine if there were game modes like easy, medium, hard and challenging, each having better and better AIs. Would be great.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 242
11/3/2014 1:28:54   
The Finnish Phoenix

Right, IIRC DF and MQ have something like that. Gameplay updates have been non-existent this year though, hopefully that changes next year.

< Message edited by The Finnish Phoenix -- 11/3/2014 1:29:09 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 243
11/3/2014 1:39:17   
kakarot1123

I'd like some better AI too. It'd make PvE more entertaining and give more incentive to play well. On the flipside, easy mode would be nice to speed up farming. Rewards could be lower on easy and higher on hard to make up for the time spent. Gold, xp, and possession rate could be adjusted.

edit: maybe certain characters could only be found on higher difficulties or wouldn't show up on lower ones

< Message edited by kakarot1123 -- 11/3/2014 1:41:36 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 244
11/3/2014 2:29:50   
elite dark slayer

Sorta like the alignment system that was never implemented, @kakarot?
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 245
11/3/2014 6:50:11   
Gorillo Titan

NO ONE WANTS THE ALIGNMENT system. Stop training in solace if you want a harder AI undead dungeon has a pretty good AI if you want a challenge been killed by a dire maggot a few times.

To make a better AI the characters are gonna need better decks which leads to one of two problems giving them exclusive decks you can't get when you capture them or giving them OP decks that will capturing the other "hard" characters easy.

Once stats and elemental weakness get added the game will get a lot hard.
Post #: 246
11/3/2014 7:28:34   
elite dark slayer

I don't train in solace very much. I've been running around a lot of places and undead dungeon is only SLIGHTLY more of a challenge than the solace PVE. Haven't checked out east map yet though.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 247
11/3/2014 7:35:53   
Gorillo Titan

Anyone else experiencing a bug with there camera icon I logged on today and the camera was gone have to relog to get it back?

Also a rank up for earth golem called Earth Titan that has the most earthquakes of any character right now.

How come no one ever asked for a rank up to frost void?

< Message edited by Gorillo Titan -- 11/3/2014 11:11:27 >
Post #: 248
11/3/2014 12:35:02   
kakarot1123

@ elite dark slayer It's been a long time since I thought about the alignment system. But now that you mention it, the ideas are similar in limiting what you can possess. Going back and reading the early design notes again, Nulgath had a lot of ambitious ideas. I like that!
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 249
11/3/2014 12:41:51   
Gorillo Titan

The alliance system would only allow you to capture stuff that was on your side a good player couldn't capture evil characters.

If you haven't seen this yet check it out. http://www.battleon.com/

< Message edited by Gorillo Titan -- 11/3/2014 16:45:55 >
Post #: 250
Page:   <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 152 - Read the first post!
Page 10 of 30«<89101112>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition