Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: The Hallows Inn - Accepting

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> Role Playing >> RP OOC >> RE: The Hallows Inn - Accepting
Page 6 of 34«<45678>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/25/2014 11:16:34   
TJByrum

@gingkage: Oh no, don't feel bad. I love the dynamic that occurs between characters like that, I actually encourage it.

@Everyone: I'm not moving the storyline along; these recent posts are in stasis - it's still the same stage of the story, I'm just posting insight and interacting with characters who have questions about this part of the story. I love banter.

< Message edited by TJByrum -- 12/25/2014 11:17:49 >
DF AQW  Post #: 126
12/25/2014 12:53:53   
  Gingkage
Wolf Rider

"Arrogant fool... I like arrogant fools." That thought made me laugh. Thought you'd want to know. :P

Edit: She didn't come easy, but apparently Toren is amusing enough to gain Sera's respect. No mean feat. Apparently Toren and Sera will never be friends, but they at least have a mutual respect for one another. Or maybe it's just mutual 'This person amuses me." Either way, you've got yourself a bounty merc.

< Message edited by Gingkage -- 12/25/2014 13:11:56 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 127
12/25/2014 15:03:00   
Draycos777

Posted what I could, will most likely post again.
AQ  Post #: 128
12/25/2014 15:55:23   
  Gingkage
Wolf Rider

Fair warning. Sera's agreed to help, but she doesn't do charity work. She will expect to get something out of this, whether it's direct payment from Toren or something of some value from the Nazha or even Toren himself that she can later sell. She's dropped the matter for now because she's amused, in a relatively better mood than when she entered the inn, and as mentioned has enough respect for Sloan and the inn to not start a fight. It'll come up again later, though in all likelihood.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 129
12/25/2014 16:31:32   
Zephyrial

@TJ

Hey, I just want to preclude any misunderstanding and tell you that I have my own ideas about Kenet's backstory. So if you have any plans for him yourself, I'd appreciate it if you discussed it with me before the event.
Post #: 130
12/25/2014 18:52:19   
black knight 1234567

RAAAAAGGGGEEEEEE
I typed up my post and was happy with it but my connection timed out and I lost everything. ;___;
Post may take a bit longer.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 131
12/25/2014 18:58:55   
  Gingkage
Wolf Rider

@black knight: Ouch. *winces in sympathy* Hope the new version is as good to better than the first one. I hate losing work. Very few things are more frustrating.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 132
12/25/2014 19:07:45   
Master K

So many going ons!

Marcelline's best bet is to stay put until something occurs to her.
And Draycos, I presume Kitsondra's offer to chat in her room is after this whole business with Toren is over?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 133
12/25/2014 19:50:53   
Draycos777

After the initial conversion is over, yes. If you'd like to move it to a later date then that's fine.
AQ  Post #: 134
12/25/2014 21:48:41   
Master K

Ah, it's just after this main conversation. Thanks for clearing that up.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 135
12/25/2014 22:26:54   
Riprose123

What sort of roof does the Inn have?
DF MQ  Post #: 136
12/26/2014 1:17:58   
Bastet

@Riprose

According to the link TJ post a few pages ago...
Post #: 137
12/26/2014 4:24:10   
Legendium

@Rip
Either way, most houses are shingled anyways, so I think its safe to assume.
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 138
12/26/2014 12:26:22   
TJByrum

@Gingkage: Who knows, maybe Toren will go through some character development and actually rely on Sera. She may or may not get something out of helping Toren... we'll have to wait and see. Besides, you guys haven't even met Jaque.

@Zeph: I wouldn't decide Kenet's backstory, as that is entirely up to you. But given the nature of the Nazha, it would not be a surprise that they're aware of his existence. It's similar to how someone like Heinrich can detect his presence; they're aware he's not normal; the Nazha just happen to know his name; how they know it is a secret for now though.

@Riprose123: It's a little hard for me to explain things, especially because I have a lack of a huge vocabulary (some of you guys use words I rarely hear, and I don't read as often as I use to). The link that Bastest gave you, however, is identical in what type of materials/architecture the inn uses. This is an another example of how things may appear; except the buildings are built closer together, and are at least 2 stories high.

I'll check over these new posts and, depending on who has posted, I may or may not post today.

EDIT: I may post, but the story will not move on until Riprose123 and Blackknight1234567 has posted.

< Message edited by TJByrum -- 12/26/2014 12:36:04 >
DF AQW  Post #: 139
12/26/2014 13:30:19   
  Gingkage
Wolf Rider

@TJ: Well, Sera's practical, but when she demands her own price for a job, it's always fair. She didn't have her mother's knack for trading, but she learned enough to know how much something like her time is worth. If Toren, or Lilly, or this Jaque character can offer something that's equivalent to what her services and the danger of the job would be valued at, then she'll probably take it. A few day's worth of food is just as valuable to a nomad who can never be sure when the next easy meal will come as a handful of coins after all.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 140
12/26/2014 13:38:42   
TJByrum

@Gingkage: I understand, but Toren's not in that position. It's like a homeless man who runs into your home demanding help because some madman is chasing him with a gun. You don't know the homeless man, and his problems don't matter to you, and you have no beef with the gunman. Toren is that homeless man, only in this situation he's been charged with protecting a young girl, and he's already tried to face the gunman but was unable to do anything about it; so naturally, he runs into someone's home (in this case, the Hallows Inn) and is desperate for help. You could help that homeless man, sure, but does he really have anything to offer to you? Probably not.

< Message edited by TJByrum -- 12/26/2014 13:39:53 >
DF AQW  Post #: 141
12/26/2014 15:24:59   
  Gingkage
Wolf Rider

@TJ: Ah, that makes a bit more sense now. But still, the option for trade is there. If one of your characters has something of either immediate or future value (immediate being something like food, a new weapon, money, things like that and future being something like a bauble that she can sell), there's a pretty good chance that she'll consider it fair. She just prefers to have money in payment because it's the easiest medium for everyone. But equivalent value is still equivalent value, so it's fair. Trader's daughter and all that. :P

Just trying to not be as stubborn about payment as Sera wants to be. :) :P
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 142
12/26/2014 15:39:25   
TJByrum

@Ging: I know it, I'm just saying Toren isn't really in a position to offer her anything. But who knows, the homeless man might win the lottery next week and give the homeowner a hunk of it for fighting off the gunman. For all you know, that homeless man might be the President in disguise, running away from an assassin. Hell, it may be even be some divine spirit attempting to see who you really are through your actions.
DF AQW  Post #: 143
12/26/2014 15:50:54   
  Gingkage
Wolf Rider

The thought of a homeless man being the President in disguise mad me laugh. Ah, well. For the moment Sera's willing to table the issue of payment. And who knows what will happen between now and such time as she's willing to bring it up again?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 144
12/26/2014 16:07:06   
Bastet

Surprise post! I couldn't help but chime in before it was too late.
Hope I didn't take Symphony's secret-sensing ability too far.
(Also I'm quite sorry that my post is so short )
Post #: 145
12/26/2014 18:30:41   
Kellehendros
Eternal Wanderer

I'm working on a post at this time, just got back from festive celebrations with relatives.

Dracyos, I'm afraid that I need to object to your post, as it involves Marietta. While I certainly have no issue with Kitsondra trying to get some information on Marietta, I wish you would have spoken with me first. We might have been able to work something out. My main problem is that you have Marietta shooting an arrow at Kitsondra, and while she was certainly disturbed by what happened, firing an arrow at random through a window is a serious action, tantamount to attempted murder. She has better control of herself than that.

At best she might have thrown a rock or something, intending to drive whoever it was away, but she wouldn't just fire an arrow out into a town. Marietta is a hunter, she doesn't use that bow lightly, especially since it is essentially a warbow, and meant for killing things.

Edit: The post is up, hurrah for not having a brawl at the inn.

< Message edited by Kellehendros -- 12/26/2014 19:57:26 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 146
12/26/2014 23:10:39   
Riprose123

Posted. I was kind of struggling for a reason Maria would join Toren, but I've decided it's going to be because Lily reminds her of her love, and because she wants to study Kanet more. I made my post extremely vague on the piece about Lily, because I'm not sure what she looks like, exactly. >_>

Sorry it took so long. Someone yell at me if there's anything wrong with it.
DF MQ  Post #: 147
12/27/2014 8:51:16   
TJByrum

It would probably be a good idea for me to describe Toren and Lily eh?

Toren: A shaggy-haired warrior that you would subconsciously associate with a wolf. Toren stands approximately 5'10 and sports an athletically built body build, weighing about 170 lbs. He has long, shaggy, black hair hanging down below his shoulders, and a rough unkempt beard that hasn't seen trimming in a while. Without the shaggy-kept hair upon his person, Toren actually only appears a mere 25 years old. His dark blue eyes appear almost black, especially against his pale skin complexion.

Toren wears a form of light, loose-fitting armor over his person made of leather and steel plates. He maintains a black color scheme, no doubt to keep hidden at night. However, he almost always wears a black cloak, tattered as it is, over himself that most often covers his entire torso and arms, not to mention his head when he puts the hood up.

Beneath the cloak Toren conceals a couple of daggers sheathed on his belt, as well as a mysterious longsword. The longsword's blade is made of some dark metal, adorned with runic inscriptions, and upon further inspection seems to give off an eerie purple glow.

Toren is an excellent swordsman, but that's only the surface. There's no telling what sort of abilities this man has.

Lily: Lily is a young girl about twelve years old. She stands just five feet and sports a very slim body build, especially because she has not yet developed. She has dark blue eyes, much like Toren's, although her short black hair (which comes down to just below her neck) is a bit more in order than Toren's. She's a cute girl with a huge curiosity. Lily is also smart and is able to understand things considering her age, and has been known to manipulate certain situations using her age and innocence.

Lily is currently wearing a ragged set of forest-green trousers, stained with mud, and a loose-fitting once-white shirt now stained with mud. She almost appears like a street urchin. Her 'boots' appear fashioned out of some wild animal Toren may have killed, and a small fur cloak on her back suggests her also made that too - but from what, no one really knows.

Lily carries a hidden knife in one of her boots. She has no real skills, as she is only a child.

EDIT: Just as soon as BK posts we can move on. There MAY be a time-skip to later that day as we all gather at the gates.... unless you guys would prefer to continue your discussions withint he inn first; what do you guys think?

< Message edited by TJByrum -- 12/27/2014 9:33:47 >
DF AQW  Post #: 148
12/27/2014 10:39:21   
Draycos777

Alright, sorry about that Kell. I had meant to be more of a warning shot but if that's a problem I can edited it so that she throws something heavy at Kit instead, since a rock isn't going to deter her.

@TJ Well I had given that room invitation to Marcelline after this conversion. A time jump would skip over it.
AQ  Post #: 149
12/27/2014 10:56:43   
TJByrum

Understood Draycos.
DF AQW  Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> Role Playing >> RP OOC >> RE: The Hallows Inn - Accepting
Page 6 of 34«<45678>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition