Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= OverSoul Questions & Answers XVI - Read First Post

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= OverSoul Questions & Answers XVI - Read First Post
Page 12 of 23«<1011121314>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/5/2015 19:25:19   
Elite Tuga

quote:

Hello, I am new, and I would like to know where I can find the nightmare dungeon and ice cave, when I click map I cannot seem to find it, can someone please tell me how?

Welcome, Nightmare Dungeon can be found all the way to the end of your left, in Solace.
Ice Cave is in the North side of 'World' map.

Please check ' Oversoul Wiki' for help next time, all the info is there if you search it up.

Epic  Post #: 276
5/6/2015 21:37:56   
ThatOversoulGuyCem

I have a quick question about a Character. DarkonDrago. I don't know if he's available for free or what, by searching. But I went ahead and bought him with 12 soul gems. I noticed that he's legendary. Level 1. I was battling with him for about 20 minutes when I noticed I wasn't getting any xp I know that the cap level for usual characters is 20. Is this the catch to buying Characters? Or does every legendary scale back down to level 1 once you've tiered from Master to Legendary? I have a few masters but I haven't leveled a character myself to 20.
Thanks in Advanced,
Cem
Post #: 277
5/6/2015 21:43:55   
Axel459
The Void Calls

He could be found for free if you wanted in the Minotaur Labyrinth it would have been its master rank and you would have had to level it to 20 to evolve.

On to your main question buying characters from shops usually has a bug where you won't gain any experience until you log in and back out so try doing that since you've done some fighting already you'll be put at lvl 2 experience gain will go normal from there.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 278
5/6/2015 21:55:00   
The Jop

Keep in mind you would need 6 SGs to evolve him if you caught his master version.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 279
5/13/2015 1:24:40   
lordmastersupreme

Hey guys, i don't play since 2013 or something i guess. does the game have a storyline already? is the characters level cap still 20? are there many quests (where can i find them?) ? Did i lost any rare characters or just seasonal? Thanks
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 280
5/13/2015 2:54:31   
R.chime

no story(still only labyrinth from beta), lv cap=20, no quests you didn't have access to in beta and 2013, and as for rare characters, best check wiki, on the bright side, we have chaos characters now
Post #: 281
5/13/2015 2:55:22   
Hakunin

quote:

Hey guys, i don't play since 2013 or something i guess. does the game have a storyline already? is the characters level cap still 20? are there many quests (where can i find them?) ? Did i lost any rare characters or just seasonal?

No. The game is still in alpha phase, meaning they still not started fixing the bugs.
Or the game is in release-version, no matter how buggy it is.

In order:
- I looked through the list,and seems at worst like two character went permarare which were not present back then.
- there are no story. For quests nothing new in Solace, but should check the wiki for other locations (but I doubt any).

The same old bugs are all present:
- battles freeze randomly during PvE
- battles freeze randomly during PvP
- loading screen between changing screen (cards, worldmap etc.) still randomly freezes
- AI enemy randomly looses turns
- Explore button randomly does not work
- character names between character list, character portrait, speech bubbles and the wiki still don't match (a character can have up to 4 nomenclature!)
- the wiki still decieves you when it comes to location (eg. don't try to find Drakath at Lake!)
- enemy can be choosen from the wrong pool (forest instead water, plain instead forest etc.)
- player characters in town can turn invisible randomly
- AI with extra energy giving cards will charge indefinitely
- if a card is chosen to be played, but the player changes mind and puts back to hand, the card can no longer be discarded in that turn

< Message edited by Hakunin -- 5/13/2015 5:02:30 >
AQ  Post #: 282
5/13/2015 3:24:55   
The Jop

@Hak
Gorillo confirmed Drakath was at the lake several times, why would he lie? Also, the game is in Beta.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 283
5/13/2015 3:51:33   
Hakunin

@Jop

1) I dunno why the info is false, but after 300 tries and no encounter, while at South Lake 50:1 seems to be the ratio, I point out the fact.

2) The game is NOT beta. In a beta the developers hunt down and fix bugs. Here nothing like that happened. For Oversoul they still don't have all the features they want to test in the open even, which means it is ALPHA.
Unless we assume by constantly adding "content" and not bothering with the bugs the game is released as it is.
By definition the program can NOT be in beta.
AQ  Post #: 284
5/13/2015 3:58:15   
The Jop

The developer decides the phase of the game, not you. As they add content to it, they decide what stage of a game its in. What's the definition of beta that Oversoul doesn't follow? It's the second phase of the game.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 285
5/13/2015 5:01:10   
Hakunin

The DICITIONARY decides what words mean, not you.

These are the definitions of phases by dictionary:
- engine stress test: the programmers test wether or not the core engine works. It has barely any content, and most of the times not even more than pre-graphic.
- alpha phase: the programmers try out ideas, and look for critical program failures. The final product can change majorly at this point.
- beta phase: the program is basically finished, only waits for bug-test and discovering gamebreaking balance-issues which a tester can find while a programmer can look over. No key features gets released, and only minor contents given until release version. Most if not all features are present, some might beheld back for the actual release for surprise-factor. No major changes. Minimal content for open testing with full features.

What Oversoul lacks to be beta is:
- bugfixes. They simply not happen, despite "beta" would mean the key purpose is bugfix.
- key features are still under development, even still in design-phase (typical alpha stage property)
- it is in this phase for too long. At this length any other games would either be released or scrapped. Betas are always for short period (usually a couple of days, and in rare instances massive MMOs got tested for no longer than a year, but those were really high-budget stuff).

So as Oversoul lacks ANY feature to call it beta, it is a misnomer.
AQ  Post #: 286
5/13/2015 8:21:33   
elite dark slayer

Bugfixes, on the contrary, DO happen, even if some bugs still exist. Also, Hakunin, you're taking this argument far too seriously. Relax, dude.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 287
5/13/2015 15:30:42   
lordmastersupreme

Thanks a lot for the update guys :P
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 288
5/13/2015 17:28:18   
Gorillo Titan

OS only gets bug fixes on gamebreaking stuff.

Post #: 289
5/13/2015 18:07:42   
Elite Tuga

We can all agree this games a total mess & that we have irresponsible & inactive game Tester(s) doing other AE work (they should really just give up their OverSoul positions to someone else more passionate about the game), but lets not get into an argumental discussion, it doesn't go far.

What we can do for now is just report the bugs we are aware of to the ' Bug Tracker' and hope that eventually the 'Bug Tracker Team' will look into it. The more players who report bugs the better, it should grab their attention (numbers wise). No point complaining about the games issues/bugs if we don't do anything to notify them in the things we want to see fixed, so if you guys haven't reported anything bug/glitch related especially since Chaos released, please do, thank-you.

I sent some reports a few days ago, and I also notified Kiyone (weeks ago) to forward the more obvious type of bugs, like Kiyone told me, "maybe when they do the 'Chaotix Flux rebalancing' they will look into the recently reported bugs". Just have to wait and see on whats to come.

Epic  Post #: 290
5/15/2015 22:56:17   
Gorillo Titan

Anyone else have to buy stupid artix points now instead of sgs.

Just tried made me buy artix points then had to use them to buy sgs.
Post #: 291
5/16/2015 4:05:58   
Blackshock

But dude, don't you like. . um.. convert artix points into SGs?
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 292
5/16/2015 10:03:53   
Gorillo Titan

Old way to get sgs

Buy them straight from the OS game

New way
Try to buy them get sent to the main AE website have to click how many Artix points you want then fill out 3 pages of information then you get artix points then have to go to the OS section of the AE main site and trade the AP in for sgs. Its a lot longer process now.
Post #: 293
5/16/2015 10:33:01   
Blackshock

Idk about you, but I always bought my SGs straight off the portal site since the fastest way to get my cash in is through AP straight to the portal site. It's not really that big of a point really
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 294
5/16/2015 10:41:12   
Gorillo Titan

To me it is I normally just bought them while playing OS and they would be on my character in 2 minutes
Post #: 295
5/16/2015 12:19:00   
the warden

always did artix points for them.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 296
5/16/2015 12:23:22   
Gorillo Titan

Well im weird only bought them that way for the 10k shadow of nulgath character.

Post #: 297
6/5/2015 1:52:46   
megakyle777

What is the best character to just hit hard and kill things quick with?
DF  Post #: 298
6/5/2015 2:36:49   
The Jop

I use Volt Engineer for fast battling.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 299
6/5/2015 11:12:29   
lordmastersupreme

Will oversoul ever recover and have major updates, or it's an almost dead game?

(I really want oversoul to have progress, and im supporting it hoping the game situation gets better with time)

EDIT: Just read this in oversoul website:
quote:

Due to the amount of new game projects in the works, Oversoul release will be less frequent for Summer.

Does that mean the game is coming back with it's gameplay and stuff updates? :D

< Message edited by lordmastersupreme -- 6/5/2015 11:20:54 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 300
Page:   <<   < prev  10 11 [12] 13 14   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= OverSoul Questions & Answers XVI - Read First Post
Page 12 of 23«<1011121314>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition