Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Battle System is Unfair

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Battle System is Unfair
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/24/2015 20:53:38   
dragnmastrnite

It makes sense to fight people within plus or minus 3 levels but lv 40 players get extra stats and stronger gear, making it extremely difficult and unfair for pretty much anyone of a lower level.

They would need to have SPECIFIC gear in order to have a chance at using strategy to win. Otherwise, all the lv 40 has to do is stall long enough and eventually they would win.

In random battles (except Juggernaut obviously) lv 40s should only fight other level 40s.
Post #: 1
1/24/2015 20:55:34   
Mother1

Level 40's are already isolated as it is due to having their level range cut because of the very same ranks. Isolating them even more will make wait times worse especially those who are in different time zones where the population can go as low as 200 players.

Epic  Post #: 2
1/24/2015 21:00:13   
dragnmastrnite

True, isolating lv 40s would make waiting for everyone more unbearable but that does not really solve any issue with lower levels being rather incapable and higher levels being less bored.

Mother 1: What do you mean by level range cut?
Post #: 3
1/24/2015 21:39:00   
Mother1

Before the ranks first came out the level range for level 40's was the same as it was for all other levels. In other words level 40's used to be able to fight level's 35-40 in 1 vs 1 and 34-40 in two vs two.

However a little while after the ranks came out the staff cut the level range to what it is now (38-40 in one vs one and 36-40 in two vs two) in the attempt to make fights more fair for lower levels while not completely isolating higher levels with ranks.

Epic  Post #: 4
1/25/2015 2:11:45   
dragnmastrnite

It is not exactly clear how this is a fair system, though.

Due to the exile/legion filter, it is possible to be the one lv 30 in a whole group of 40s (2vs2) and be the that ONE person who makes your team lose because you mathematically could not win (and we all know that the reality of the situation is that your partner will ditch you). In 1vs1 you will fight a lv 40 that is stat powered like a lv 50 due to this ranking system and, again, are almost mathematically guaranteed to lose.

It is important that lv 40s do not sit and wait for long times bit it is also important to make that awkward lv 37-39 range a lot more doable.

I think a decent solution to this is isolate lv 40s based on ranks. If you are of a lower rank, you can fight the lv 38-39. If you are a higher rank, you will fight other high ranking players.

This will introduce an issue where the stronger you are, the less there is to do with the game (as is the case in many games in general, actually) so perhaps there can be high rank 40 exclusive missions or something of the matter.

Post #: 5
1/25/2015 3:37:21   
Remorse

I completely agree,

The system is completely broken.

And it's all thanks to legendary ranks.

Not only is the system extremely easy to abuse (people cant just script farm NPCs) but it has merely created an ever increasing power gap that is increasingly harder to obtain the longer you are left behind.

The good news is, even if the devs haven't realized it yet, they will soon have to change the system, it may be a few years or perhaps less.

But it will reach a point were the power gap between older players and newer 38s are so big that they will have to do something about it.

What pisses me off if that they are blind to this fact and are gonna leave the system in place which will mean greater harm to the older players who have put in high effort to achieve these high ranks, when the eventually have to change or remove it.

I say the quicker they fix legendary ranks the better for everyone.

Epic  Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Battle System is Unfair
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition