Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =DF= Version 14.0.1

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Version 14.0.1
Page 22 of 27«<2021222324>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/30/2015 19:25:11   
Ash

quote:

The mana nerf has made it extremley hard to play. I had to go and farm enough money to change my stats. My Mana Went from 1100ish all the way down to 725. Maybe you should change it so that each stat point gives 10 or every lvl you gain 15 or 10 mana per lvl.

I understand it's a hard change to get used to but it's for a reason. Reverting it back to 10 per point isn't fixing the issue that was created by making Wis originally. You're not supposed to just spam skills and not pay attention to the costs of those skills. If that was the case why do skills cost mana at all? It is a hard thing to adjust to when you're used to just being able to do anything and not have to think but you still can with most classes.

quote:

This makes some quests extremely long, and I don't want to do alchemy training for mana cuz it took me about 3 hours to get to max lvl for health. Are you going to make the WIS stat have less of an impact?

I hate to say it but choosing not to use a resource doesn't mean I need to change how Wis works now. I'm working on fixing the issues with MP training and adjusting the amount the potions actually heal to be more than it does now. When the training mini-game is no longer bugged and you healing more per potion that will make the changes less extreme. It won't totally take the point of the change away but it will lessen the impact. Honestly 3 hours to do something like that isn't a bad thing. You're not supposed to sit down and do the entire training in one session. Just like everything else in the game, if you're spending more than an hour on it it's time to step away, take a break, and then come back.

quote:

I feel like this engine update made it incredibly hard to use third tier class as skills like in kathool adept where you have to spend 200 mana just to unlock the skill.

In this case that's the point. The skill that unlocks for paying 264 MP is one of the strongest skills in the game. You're paying for that power in mana and it was never meant to be cheap. The engine change now accurately shows how much things should cost. There are plenty of other skills on the class, especially with how the damage scaling of the class works, that do far more than other classes while costing the same or less in some cases. There are almost no other classes in the game that have most of their skills doing 190% damage at level 80, including the basic attack. Depending on Crit's you can deal most damage just auto attacking with Kathool than some other classes can do in a whole rotation.

< Message edited by Ash -- 4/30/2015 19:26:06 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 526
4/30/2015 19:31:19   
Chaoshaper

quote:

When the training mini-game is no longer bugged

That mini-game is the whole reason i stopped training mana. Good to know its not being ignored for other fixes ^-^
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 527
4/30/2015 21:05:12   
VJ

@Chaoshaper
that was the reason I stopped with the mana training as well.

as for the mana loss I actually never noticed as I always ran low on my Death Knight's Mana but with the damage that the class offers own it's own it kind of makes up for the mana pig the armor is.

as to other classes, the only time I ran out of mana was when the enemy targets my mana directly.
and as Ash said the more powerful the skill the more mana is consumed.
Post #: 528
4/30/2015 22:49:59   
Lord Arkatares

Will monsters from some of the older quest's undergo
a rebalancing,
I seem to recall one particular quest I played,
I cannot remember the name but it was before
I bought the Doom Knight Class,
I honestly made it out without being defeated only
because one of the friends the game added to my roster
at the start was a Doom Knight, fun little fact, that one
flirtation with the class convinced me to buy it.
Post #: 529
5/1/2015 1:59:56   
Samuxex

Hi, Chickencow armor (Standar) Drop was removed? I played 100 rooms thousand times y couldn't get it
Post #: 530
5/1/2015 2:01:28   
Chazero

It's still there. You're just having incredibly bad luck.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 531
5/1/2015 2:23:45   
VJ

@Chazero
Sam isn't the only one with bad luck, as I played it for two hours and nothing other than those blasted wings.
I swear I played that 100 rooms so much that I could almost draw a map.. lol.

back on point I had started to wonder if they had removed the armor for a while, drop rate seems very low in the 100R as there are only two items so one would think it would be 50/50...
Post #: 532
5/1/2015 2:24:03   
Almighty Agathor

Honestly, I took a bit of a break from DF months ago, and returned to playing right around the end of March. DF has become much more enjoyable now that I have to plan not to run out of mana! Thank you @Ash, for fixing WIS! If I may inquire, has LUK been fixed or is it going to be fixed any time soon? I currently have 10 LUK, without stat boosts, and I don't quite feel that I need LUK..

Let me ask you, does a machine such as yourself ever experience fear?!
DF AQW  Post #: 533
5/1/2015 3:29:25   
Sakurai the Cursed

@VJ - Rare items have a set drop rate, the amount of drops a quest has doesn't necessarily have any bearing on your chances. Even in 100 rooms, the CCA has a very low drop rate.

< Message edited by Sakurai the Cursed -- 5/1/2015 3:31:35 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 534
5/1/2015 12:34:04   
Samuxex

DF Staff should increase ChickenCowArmor Drop Rate (10% or 15%) 1% is exaggerated. Bisides, it doesnt have many skills as Death Knight or Necromancer (4 Skills for Run Away .-. )
Post #: 535
5/1/2015 12:37:35   
Ash

quote:

for fixing WIS! If I may inquire, has LUK been fixed or is it going to be fixed any time soon? I currently have 10 LUK, without stat boosts, and I don't quite feel that I need LUK..

In what way is it broken still? It's doing everything on the first page and no bug reports have been filed so I'm not sure if something wasn't reported or not.

quote:

DF Staff should increase ChickenCowArmor Drop Rate (10% or 15%) 1% is exaggerated. Bisides, it doesnt have many skills as Death Knight or Necromancer (4 Skills for Run Away .-. )

That's not exactly an issue with 14.0 (which this thread is about and that's a note for everyone not liking drop rates). It's been that drop rate for years so I'm not exactly sure why it needs to be changed now?

< Message edited by Ash -- 5/1/2015 12:38:07 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 536
5/1/2015 12:47:57   
toannghe1997

Wait, mana potion training was bugged? I have never realized that 0.0
Post #: 537
5/7/2015 7:46:27   
Azan

When logging in with a low-level secondary, I just realized something. It's maybe minor, but I wanted to point it here.

Sir Jing's weapons (probably everyone's first energy weapon) say in the description that they add 1% to your chance to do a crit. However, now, +1 Crit doesn't mean anything. To avoid confusing the new players, could Sir Jing's weapons add +2 Crit instead of +1?
Post #: 538
5/7/2015 8:56:14   
Shadows Morgenstern

@Azan: Hey that's actually a really good point! Wouldn't have thought of that.

Your signature has been removed because Photobucket replaced it
with a third-party hosting notice that was too large for the forums.
DF  Post #: 539
5/7/2015 9:14:22   
Jorath
Advocator of Wills

Azan: There's still many other weapons in the first 10 levels that is in the same line as Sir Jing's weapons. While it's a good point, not every weapon needs to have 2 Crit for 1%.

AQ DF MQ  Post #: 540
5/7/2015 9:45:21   
admahu

While not every weapon may need a crit increase, I think his main point is that the Sir Jing weapons specifically say in their description that it gives a 1% increase.
quote:

Energy dances along the edge of the magical blade. The weapon increases your chance to score a critical hit by 1%.

I still think it would be best to just subtract 1 crit from all odd crit items.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 541
5/7/2015 9:48:18   
Ash

I just gave all 3 of those 2 crit since the description outright states it. Most other ones will get that judgement call during the item run through.

And, once again, while nice to think about and something I'm considering, the problem is then you have wasted points and no real way to PUT them anywhere. The closest place is Bonus but even then 1 point of Bonus isn't exactly equal to 1% crit.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 542
5/7/2015 9:53:14   
Jorath
Advocator of Wills

Technically, yes, it should have 1 more Crit added. The description has been there for a long time prior to the changes of Engine 14.

quote:

I still think it would be best to just subtract 1 crit from all odd crit items.

For what reason? 1 Crit still amounts to having none, and removing it is the same result.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 543
5/7/2015 10:38:25   
admahu

@Jorath, because having the 1 odd point displayed confuses people. Even people on the forums often think having two items with odd crit values will give them an extra point, instead of being chopped off.

@Ash, you say dropping the crit gives you wasted points with no other spot to fill the role. But really, having the odd crit point doesn't currently do anything, so it doesn't seem any different. You could still stat items as if they have odd crit and then chop it off on release. Or I'm sure players will be happy with whatever alternative can be found to replace the point, like Bonus.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 544
5/7/2015 13:25:12   
Brasca123

@ash. i understand your point of stats not being equal to one another, but... as others have stated, the odd number in crit is useless right now, so, i'm supposing you have somewhat of a formula to decide which stat values more than other, so, what i think that could be done (if what i supposed is right), is to actually remove the odd numbers and add another point in a stat that is a tad weaker than CRIT, because the odd point is plain useless

like, if crit>bonus, than exchange any odd crit for bonus, even if crit is better, it's still better to have a point in bonus than a useless point in crit, if it's the other way around bonus>crit, than i suppose you could use the crit point in something else, like boost perhaps, i don't know, i understand that nerfing crit was necessary, but having useless points in crit is basically the same as a wasted point that was not used at all, at least wasted points do not cause confusion, so IMO you should at the very least remove the odd numbers, even if you don't put it anywhere else, just for the sake of avoiding confusion

even if those suggestions don't work, i'm sure you'll think of something, you never disappoint us, keep up the good job
AQ DF  Post #: 545
5/7/2015 13:47:56   
Mystical Warrior
Helpful!

I think one way to be sure is if the odd crit amounts really are useless, if the char page can somehow show the decimal in crits then we can know that its working and not useless, unless the stat system in DF always round down decimals, then it will truly be a waste, I somehow remember an issue similar to this happened in AQ, just can't remember how the staff fixed it

It's set to always round that stat down after it divides it. I built the new function to do that. ~Ash

< Message edited by Ash -- 5/7/2015 14:04:58 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 546
5/7/2015 14:03:46   
LouisCyphere

I think having different amount of Crit (odd/even) pertains to the different type of item.
I might be jumping the gun here but this might be a start with this idea:

quote:

This is going to take even longer but it'll mean that you'll have Offensive, Defensive, Balanced, and "Fiesta" items.

We would have different kinds of items with different "leans", so that means we have to properly choose which item that we want for a specific kind of build.

I'm not sure if the adjustment of item stats across the board is already happening but we can already see items(mostly accessories) that differ from each that drop from the same quest.

< Message edited by LouisCyphere -- 5/7/2015 14:06:00 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 547
5/9/2015 21:56:01   
Shadows Morgenstern

This is probably the best place to ask this so, what is the rhyme and reason behind the rarity system on items? It'd make sense if rarity scores actually reflected the rarity of items and such but...it's completely random. ._.

It's a pointless stat with pointless numbering. There is no actual in game statistical benefit, it's just for show. ~Ash

< Message edited by Ash -- 5/9/2015 22:00:08 >
DF  Post #: 548
5/11/2015 8:20:13   
Brasca123

just thought of something, not sure if it's hard or not to be put in game, but i'd like it, could the game actually remember which were your sound and graphics options when you last logged out? just like AQ? it's kinda annoying to turn the sound off and set graphics to low everytime i log in, though it's not a big deal, i can live with it, i'd just be happy if it could be implemented
AQ DF  Post #: 549
5/18/2015 11:01:54   
Shadows Morgenstern

Regarding two class badges in the BoL, will the ECCA badge be made to be shown with ACCA too? And have it's name changed accordingly? And would it be possible for the calendar class badge be named something other than "Time Killer" since it seems weird to name it after a single one of the classes. xD Also, should badges that are yet unattainable be made hidden until they are? Just a thought.

< Message edited by Shadows Morgenstern -- 5/18/2015 11:10:57 >

Your signature has been removed because Photobucket replaced it
with a third-party hosting notice that was too large for the forums.
DF  Post #: 550
Page:   <<   < prev  20 21 [22] 23 24   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Version 14.0.1
Page 22 of 27«<2021222324>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition