Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

NEW PHASE [ "EPSILON" / "ε" ]

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> NEW PHASE [ "EPSILON" / "ε" ]
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/21/2015 3:48:07   
leo07123

Greetings to all,

After a long time I am planning with some suggestions and I feel it will be helpful to make Epic Duel back to track like it use to be. So, shall I begin with my ideas. Lets go.

Suggestion

NEW PHASE: - Well its long been with Omega. And it's in Epic Duel's history that it changes its Phase once or twice in a year. So, as per the requirement and for future its time to roll new phase. We already know that we had Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta and Omega, now what? Its quite easy that these are Greek Symbols and are in sequence, thus its sure the next can be EPSILON / ε. Well I know its not easy to make a phase as soon as possible and it need a specific features that will pinpoint it as Epsilon. Well, I have some suggestions what the ED team can do in this phase and make ED more interest and unique.

FEATURES: -

1) SKILL CORE: - Skill cores were introduced during Omega. Lets level up this feature in Epsilon Phase, during this phase Skill Core will be movable from one weapon to the another without an additional cost. I mean to say no costs because players have full control over their cores, they have invested huge credits for each core they have. So no additional cost for moving cores. Its players choice to move anywhere he/she wants to, but if it is a core of Primary Weapon so it can moved only to the Primary, that means Primary to Primary only.

Apart from that in this phase we can have three skill cores slots. Why three core slots? Well the answer is as simple as that there are lots of Passive Core in weapons which is locked, so if a player want to use a Consumable Core like War Commander x10 the player will not have to change his/her weapon which does not consists of any passive core.
OR

There is another option that a player can unlock the Passive Core which is locked with his/her credits/variums. Cost of unlocking core can be decided later. But this feature is little bad as compare to the above one because if a player is using Celtic Cleaver he/she will never going to unlock the Passive Core i.e. Lucky Strike. So, according to me the above feature will be pretty good as compare to this one.

That's all about Cores. Lets me move to skill trees.

2) SKILL TREE: - Currently in Omega Skill Trees of each classes is pretty good. In Epsilon Phase we can have some additional features into Skill Trees. We have 12 skills in each class, in Epsilon we can have 6 more cores 2 each rows but totally separated from the initial 12 skills of class. Currently we have to use skills in battles by clicking and wasting one turn, but these 6 cores for each classes will be non-usable. If non-usable then why? Well, it will be passive skills which has been removed from the skill trees of each class, like Blood Lust, Shadow Art, Reroute, Deadly Aim etc. Yeah! I know than player will be needing more stats points and Legendary will help. After reaching Rank 60 Legendary is quite lagging, so make it better Legendary stats can be used for these Passive Skills. Or we can add 1 more stat point to each level. This feature will be make what actually the admins wanted long battles.

That's all about Skill Trees. Lets go further to Classes.

3) CLASSES: - I feel each class is balance right now. And its harder to make any changes in classes. But each phase need some uniqueness so I am suggesting something, but its optional. Lets hybrid classes I mean make 3 more classes than totally there will be 9 classes. How can we make new classes? Its like Dobereiner's Triads, we can make an average of first and second class i.e. we can take some skills of Mercenary and Tactical Mercenary and put it into new class. Likewise we can do with Mage and Hunter. I feel its quite odd but will be interesting.

That's all about Classes. Lets go ahead with Weapon's Stats.

4) WEAPON'S STATS: - It was impressive when Omega was lunched that now no pre-fixed stats on any weapon. That was interest, well we can continue this same feature in Epsilon but with changes, now a player can invest his/her weapon stats fully into one enhancement. Currently we can only add max of 12 enhancements in Sword in particular, in Epsilon we can make it maximum to 28, which is actually the whole stat point. I think it will give more freedom to each player to cast their own built. Than the best of the best will win the battle.

Lets move ahead to Bots.

5) ROBOTS/BOTS: - Well bots are the same from the beginning, just we can see the change is in their damages. Well in Epsilon we can have three skill slots. Three slots in the following order: -
a) Attacking Skill
b) Buffing/Enhancement Skill
3) Debuffing Skill
This is just an example let us take a bot "X" with "Y" damage. The skills with this bots will be, one its normal attacking skill, second it can granting something to the player and third it can take something from the enemy in the battle. This will also ultimately results in long battles and a stable battle as per the admins requirement when they changed damages/defense/resistance rates recently.

Now lets talk about NPCs.

6) NPCS: - It has been decided that per day 100 battles. Let us roll back this thing. Its a players wish to play an NPC anytime he/she wants to play. Hmm. we can reduce upto 5% experience given my NPCs whereas about credit let it remain the same. Well this will make a play online everything and play according to his/her wish. And we already have NPCs win record so there is no issue that how many time a player is playing with NPCs. According me NPCs can never get tired whereas a player can.

Its enough in matter of NPCs. Moving over to War Events.

7) WAR EVENTS: - War events are quite lagging. They are not granting reward according to their hard work. Whether its an Exile or Legion for ED they both are equal. For example if Exile won the event they unlock the treasure but on the other hand Legion player who played well and got more influence than its useless for him to play. That's why players are participating in less manner in these events. In Epsilon we can continue with the same war events but reward matter. Give two reward for winning and atleast one for the losing like we had it in Infernal Infiltration War so player's participation will be large.

8) SEASONAL EVENTS: - Its long since ED is organizing their monthly events. Its all known well so what in Epsilon we can eliminate all these event weapons, items, mission etc and everything and we will make everything new during old event with new weapons, items, missions etc. I mean all same event but new things inside "Same stuff with new ingredients".

Lets more to Weapons.

9) WEAPONS: - Currently we have lots of weapons in Omega and it will continue in Epsilon. I will request ED that please its time concentrate on Bots/Cores/Aux/Guns, because we already have lots of Primary Weapon and they all are equal unless depending on Cores they are having.

Moving fast Towards Each categories of Weapons: -

a) Sword/Staff/Club/Blade: - They are in abandoned form in ED so, now focus will be on adding core.

b) Gun: - There must be limited additions of Guns with Core, so add more Guns with Cores.

c) Aux: - There must be limited additions of Aux with Core, so add more Aux with Cores.

10) VEHICLES: - Vehicles are for pleasure and fame. And it depends upon a buyer/player to own it. So more vehicle.

11) ARMORS: - There are plenty of armor in Omega, but armor are restricted they don't have any pre-fixed cores, so more armors with cores only. Without core every armor is same only look matters.

12) MISSIONS: - Missions are the best, further with the introduction of finding items it is more versatile and interest. But the rewards are comparatively less. And I think that's why ED is having inflation in game. Have more measure to stop this inflation by giving more rewards.

13) ACHIEVEMENTS: - Achievements are stable. So I don't thing there must be any change in achievements. Yup ED admins can give freebies like they did with player who where having Founder Armor. Likewise they can give freebies or achievements for those having Delta Knight Amor, Year of the Dargon etc. And its obvious going to new phase will grant more rating to the previous phase achievements.

14) BUDDY LIST: - This part of ED is unchanged, it had only minor fix like mail, I don't know why so. Well in Epsilon Phase we can think for major improvement. Buddy list must have challenge buddy button without jumping. And buddy slot must be increased to 20. Status adding ability, which will make a player know what actually his/her buddies current status.

15) BATTLE MODE: - There are three modes, and I feel that's enough and a perfect.

a) Solo: - Solo battles are good and a player never depend on any other player so its good. Credit on winning to be increased by 05%

b) Team: - Team is also up-to the mark. And is good for lower levels and those who thinks solo is hard for them. Credit on winning to be increased by 10%

c) Juggernaut: - This was introduced long since and was to be interesting but now rarely played because high level of opponents. Its obvious a Level 40 can never win two enemies with level only 6 to 10 lower to him. Make this rate down by 10 to 15 and grant the losing team with more credits and experience with zero lose rate because those player never intended to play with one opponent. Credit on winning to be increased by 15%

16) CONSUMABLES: - I remember when consumables were removed Health Booster and Health Pack. We can re-introduce these consumables and more consumables like 100% Stun Pack, Freezing Pack, Strike Booster etc.

Note: - Epsilon is an imaginary phase, but these are feature I think ED can have while planning for new Phase.
ED = Epic Duel.

Reviews are invited. And I hope ED will get some help with this suggestion.

With Regards
leo07123
Epic Duel Character: - leo07123
Epic  Post #: 1
3/21/2015 4:48:26   
Ranloth
Banned

To clear things out: we don't need a new phase name to implement something new. It was the trend in the past, but since Omega focused on rewriting the database from scratch to clear the code out + make it easier to implement some stuff (within the engine limitations), it doesn't mean we aren't trying to get anything new in. This stuff takes time, or some of it is impossible.

#1 - Moving cores can be done under Omega, but some of them end up being hard-coded to their weapon and literally cannot be moved because they won't work with a different weapon. Also, there are likely to be other reasons why they aren't removable.

#2&3 - Passives skills are NOT coming back to classes, and it was said so countless times already. Making more classes is also not happening, when we still have the advanced classes (TLM, CH, BM) sharing skills. Having more classes share skills only makes balancing more difficult, and makes "new" classes not really new.

#4 - Again, this can be done under Omega but hasn't been due to stat abuse. The last thing we want is to meet a player with high HP and Dex, and having almost +80 in Str.

#5 - Cores just like weapons are limited to two cores; for Bots, special core is their special attack. We won't be giving them three cores, since older Bots would need new cores and we would rather create more cores, than restrict them even more.

#6 - This is to prevent players from NPCing too much. The game is PvP oriented after all. Yes, balance may not be great, but it's not an excuse to remove the cap completely. Even previous phases has one, and you had to pay Varium to get 15 per hour (otherwise 5 per hour).

#7 - Wars are regional and happen every ~4-6 weeks, on average. The loser still gets everything but the War Chest - depending on their Influence - which is better than absolutely nothing prior to the War System revamp, which gave nothing to hard working players who have lost. Having unique wars with unique features (like the old Infernal War) takes months of coding, and that code cannot be reused in the future. It would be coded just for that one occassion, and then have to be removed. The current system allows us to make changes where necessary, without having to throw the entire concept out.

#8 - It is only time consuming. Making Missions go rare only gives less content to play through for newer players, and there's no need to make them rare - unlike before, which was to do with the database space and lack of Mission Log. We do release new Missions and weapons for the seasonal events, but it isn't a good enough reason to make older stuff go rare.

#9 - Cores are time-consuming to create. It's not that we aren't focusing on making more cores, but when there are other things that need development first, spending too much time on one or two cores, will only take time away elsewhere.

#10 - Can be done under Omega. If there's high enough demand for more Vehicles, let the Staff know (not just you). When something is requested so much, and can be done relatively fast / easily, we will try to do it. Examples? Restock, more x style weapons, etc.

#11 - Same as #9.

#12 - Missions rewards were actually buffed once already. They used to reward x5 to x10 less Credits than they do now, so I don't think they need another buff. With the addition of Gifting Codes, as well as Daily Missions (some of which give higher rewards than older ones), it should be a bit easier. In addition, if there is an inflation going on, having one-time only Missions give higher rewards doesn't exactly solve it, either.

#13 - Same as #10.

#14 - I do believe the challenge button is an engine limitation, too. Similar to how AQW doesn't allow you to keep someone else's "character badge" open when they leave the room.

#15 - Rewards? I can bring this up, instead. Link back to #12.

#16 - Can't confirm, but I'm 99% sure cores have replaced them. Adding consumables would require even more coding, to work with cores, and current cores can do pretty much the same as old consumables + more.
AQ Epic  Post #: 2
3/21/2015 5:48:01   
Lord Machaar

@OP:

I think they already decided the name of the next phase, Evolution, I believe.

quote:

we don't need a new phase name to implement something new.

Who said so? And that's not the point.
When you change the name of the phase, without doing anything, that's just in itself is an accomplishement as players will feel that devs are actually thinking differently about the game. This will have a huge impact on players dragging them to try the game again. If cool features are being constructed under the name of Omega, sadly the bad reputation of this phase will make them vanish quickly with no attention from players (Except gifting event).

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 3/21/2015 12:40:10 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 3
3/21/2015 11:38:14   
leo07123

@Ranloth
Hi,
##1- Yup everything can be down under Omega than why not. I know coding is harder as am also working with code. Anyways coming to my reply, core and weapons are both independent, we can't say its interdependent; we can use any core with any weapons. Other reason can only be time and for improvement time must be devoted. Go for more staffs.

##2&3 - See I have already stated that its OPTIONAL and there is not a big issue even if the old passive skills are back in the form of Core.

##4 - Well it will grant player with freedom. And it’s not only influence one player but all. +80 doesn’t makes you OP eventually. It will be creative I think.

##5 - Well it was my mistake that I haven’t focused, Sorry! Thank for reminding well, the old bots are perfect enough and I don’t think they need additional slot right now and neither it will influence any player they can choice the best bot. OR admin can grant one extra free slot for the old bots and adding few new cores purchasable for them. And let me tell you currently the bots are already restricted its only 31 bots and out of which 1 is not available i.e Gamma Bot and 1 from arcade only. If we look with the ratio of bots with primary weapons, it’s nothing.

##6 - See NPCing never affect once character, once we can see the NPC record in the character page which will clearly stat who is NPCing and not. Although we can add fee for additional battles. I know ED focuses on PvP but have you seen more than 800 players ever in Omega? Yes or No!

##7 -Codes are the big issue and for the survival of a good game hard work is needed. We can’t say that sitting relaxed we can do anything. No! Hard work is needed, so I suggest only more staffs. And about the reward let me tell you War Chest is only for Winning team not for the losing. And if a player is having more than 10k influence for getting 10k credits and 10 arcade token its silly. For 10k influence on any average a player need to purchase about 50 war commander x10 cores and it will results in 50 * 2000 = 10k credits that means the reward is useless. Although the drop rate of bombs are less that you get only 1 drop out of 5 ~ 10 battles.

##8 - Time is not response for anything. Even though time will continue it wouldn’t stop for anyone. Old items are little messy and missions are okay because new players can have the benefits. But weapons on the other hand is old and older things must be removed by giving them ultra rare status. Like Bionic Battlegear, Azrael’s Curse etc.

##9 - We can’t blame time. Work harder and get more staffs. I feel players never focus on time and lack of resources; they only want the best out of the product they use.

##10 - Kindly not everything can’t be done in Omega. Well I haven’t said there is any demand actually I mean to say that Vehicle are enough if devs want to add more they can.

##11 - Same as ##9

##12 - Well I haven’t blamed that the reward is bad, I mean it must be raised because actually if a player is wasting time on doing 5 random PvP battle for just 75 credits for example First Blood, its simply called wastage.

##13 - Same as ##10

##14 - Games are unique even if it is made by the same company. Like Coca-Cola producing two flavours. We can’t compare ED with AQW, if we need similarity than why play two games and what difference will be there.

##15 - I know rewarding more will land up with more inflation, actually currently a player need to pay more for weapons, bots etc but they are getting low credits. For example a player get 32 credits on wining solo, a player want to buy a bot of 45000 a player need to play 1406 battle and it’s not actually possible. If devs value time than players also remember, devs can spend whole day but players are playing it for entertainment. I am little focused on business and players viewpoint. Anyways I agree player need to play more for getting more money.

##16 - Well let me tell you friend, possibilities are there that 99% cores removed this issue but consumables are totally different from Cores and kindly note ED devs recently changed character stats by increasing them and this was done for long battles and consumables will also help in granting long battles.

Epic  Post #: 4
3/21/2015 11:40:25   
JUSTICE IS MINE

3) They should add an exclusive Class in a varium package. It doesn't have to be a hybrid but an entirely new class with some old cores.
15) Credits really need to be boosted or retrains have to be lowered....You win like 32 credits in 1v1 and a retrain costs 250 so like if I get 5 retrains in a day to just have some fun I'd need like a lot of credits to make up for it. Not everyone spends an entire 7 hours pvp non stop with the same build over and over....

And Leo, Epicduel has asked for staff several times it's just that they can't get anyone... They don't have the money to hire an entire team for a game with less than 500 players on daily..
Most of the art nowadays in from guest artists. Simply saying that "You need more staff" isn't exactly fair to the current staff members.

< Message edited by JUSTICE IS MINE -- 3/21/2015 11:44:31 >
Post #: 5
3/21/2015 11:42:29   
leo07123

@Lord Machaar
Hi,
Kindly note that I have already stated in the bottom of my suggestion in Note section that Epsilon is an imaginary phase, but these are feature I think ED can have while planning for new Phase. So it’s not a big issue about the name of new Phase. I agree Omega was quite disappointing and now ED devs can vanish them with new features.

@JUSTICE IS MINE
Hi,
##3 – Dear friend I have already stated that it’s totally an OPTIONAL feature.
##15 – Yes! Exactly and retain not only costs 250 credits, you need 100 credits (x 4) more for each in order to rearrange stat points. In total of 750 credits for a perfect retain.

Thanks for you valuable feedback and supporting point 15.

Please don’t double post ~Battle Elf

< Message edited by Battle Elf -- 3/21/2015 12:00:06 >
Epic  Post #: 6
3/25/2015 21:14:28   
Goldbloodmage

1-2) Skill Core: Regenerate energy and health at the same time

3) CLASSES: Gold mage, Gold mercenary and Gold cyber hunter all hybrid cost 1800 varium to change class only level 35-40

4) WEAPON'S STATS: Customizable

5) ROBOTS/BOTS: Gold bot hybrid

6) NPCS: Gold Worrior Travels in time

7) WAR EVENTS: War for the time travel machine either exile or legion can win who ever wins gets the time machine which can help you open up a shop from the past which allows you to get weapons that are rare and will never come back each player can only use it 5 times.

8) SEASONAL EVENTS: Gold weapons available in golden warrior's inventory

9) WEAPONS:
a) Sword/Staff/Club/Blade: Gold Destroyer E Gold DestroyerP
b) Gun: Gold shooter E Gold shooter P
c) Aux: Gold blaster E Gold blaster P

10) VEHICLES: Gold Rider

11) ARMORS: Gold Guardian Armor

12) MISSIONS: Turn in all time travel parts

13) ACHIEVEMENTS: Time Travel , Gold Stage, Gold warrior's helmet and Golden Heart

14) BUDDY LIST: Infinite

15) BATTLE MODE:
a) Solo: Same
b) Team: Same
c) Juggernaut: Same

16) CONSUMABLES: Health booster and Health pack reintroduced
Post #: 7
3/26/2015 7:46:49   
Ndi

Ndi's +1's
- Consumable Core
- Add more skill variety for build creativity
- 3 Robot Skills

All the other ideas... Meh.
AQW Epic  Post #: 8
3/28/2015 20:48:51   
Goldbloodmage

You guys should bring all the 10k packs back all of them since day one and make them all choices to buy for anyone if you guys do this so many people will pay this game !!! Trust me !!!
You guys should allow private transfers or private sell , meaning that you can sell items ,weapons , home items , homes, armours and vehicles if you guys did this many more people will be excited to play and will pay money more often !!!! Trust me !!!!
Post #: 9
4/3/2015 0:55:37   
leo07123

@Goldbloodmage
Hi,

#1-2 If every class regenerate energy and health than it’s quite annoying. And difference will not persist.
#3 There is no need of Gold name it sounds lil odd.
#4 Exactly that’s what I have mentioned in my suggestion.
#5 That’s not good.
#6 Explain it properly I can’t get it.
#7 Not Supporting.
#8 Not Supporting.
#9 Not Supporting. We have lots of Aux, Gun and primary weapons.
#10-14 Not Supporting.
#16 Yup agreed. It will help even the low class players.

Private transfer will lead to misuse of players who have little knowledge of game. t can be possible if secure gateway is made while transferring.

@Ndi
Hi,
- We have consumable cores but we need an extra slot for them so it will not disturb our primary passive cores
- Yup exactly. We must be given freedom to invest stats as much as possible. It will be creative and innovating.
- Thank you for your valuable feedback and thanks for the support.

@JUSTICE IS MINE
Hi,
They are not paying money for the staff and testers within the game and codes are frequently same for every core just the matter of ability and animations. As a consumer, they never care whether you have staffs or money. Consumer need full utilization that’s it. I quote myself “Consumer will demand and producer have to supply else it will not survive.”

Please don't triple post. ~WhiteTiger

< Message edited by WhiteTiger -- 4/3/2015 1:27:29 >
Epic  Post #: 10
4/6/2015 16:15:57   
Oswald Cobblepot

Your creativity made me blind. You better thank me for reading this all.
Well, you're amazing thinking about new phase but Omega is the last number of greek numbers. So we ain't going to have a new phase. (They say)
I partially agree with you, but it will be very hard to have a phase like that in the future.
AQW Epic  Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> NEW PHASE [ "EPSILON" / "ε" ]
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition