Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Blood mage

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Blood mage
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/19/2015 10:35:13   
romanu

PVP is full of this class. 1VS1 Strength BM, 2vs2 5 focus BM.

The combination of tech with Mark of blood, high damage skills with high critical chance like plasma cannon, robot, cores , intimidate, % more damage skills, this class has it all.

And even better with strength since: it counters other strength builds, steals and gets energy with parasite, heals you with mark of blood, deals high damage with bludgeon, broken cores like bloodhawk sword.

For these builds you don't even need a staff, you can use sword that gives more stats and damage.

Not only does it provide fast battles, but also high chance to win the fast battles.

This class needs a look from the balance team.

We needs to keep PVP with more options, not have most players use same class.
Post #: 1
4/19/2015 10:50:01   
Mother1

There is an official Blood mage thread where you can post your thought at here.

Though with Blood mage while I see them a lot while all Blood mages builds are similar on paper, not all battles are the same.

1) The player using the build
2) The RNG factor.

Epic  Post #: 2
4/19/2015 10:55:28   
The berserker killer

Cant you see this class isn't OP, in fact it is good because it is PERFECTLY BALANCED. Maybe instead of asking to nerf this class we should be asking them to perfectly balance other classes
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 3
4/19/2015 11:06:02   
Lord Machaar

quote:

Maybe instead of asking to nerf this class we should be asking them to perfectly balance other classes

Buff 5 classes, consuming a lot of time for testing and coming up with ways to buff them without ruining balance, instead of nerfing one class. Brilliant thinking.
MQ Epic  Post #: 4
4/19/2015 11:17:38   
Mother1

@ Lord machaar

The staff has been taking the easy way out for the longest and still we have no decent results. When you attack a problem you need to put in the work and take no short cuts when doing so. Nerfing one class instead of making the other classes equally strong is = taking the easy way out.
Epic  Post #: 5
4/19/2015 11:27:26   
Darkwing

@ Mother1 'The long way out' only makes it much longer, and you still don't know if the classes are on par. Now that they work on another game, the mobile one, they will have even less time, so they need to pick the easy way out.

And from my time with ED, the problem of 'easy way out' was more related to: insteand of smaller nerfs, they nerfed some skills to the ground. And some classes got too big buffs.

There are also factors like enhancements and legendary ranks. Some classes and skills work better with those 2.

And on top of that, these classes have been made to work with passive skills too, and they just removed passives.

< Message edited by Darkwing -- 4/19/2015 11:30:37 >
Post #: 6
4/19/2015 11:41:45   
Lord Machaar

@Mother1

As Darkwing explained, taking the long way doesn't always mean it is always the efficient one, pretending they took the long road to fix balance and they buffed other 5 classes, which will frankly take a lot of time, in the end of the day, we will end up having a new OP class, so next step is what? wasting more time to buff other 5 classes? I don't think this is efficient.

Although doing this once in awhile might work, but adopting this method always will result in a huge time consumation with no effects at the end of the day.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 4/19/2015 11:44:46 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 7
4/19/2015 11:48:30   
Satafou

BM isn't an overpowered class, from my point of view i'd argue that TLM is the strongest class right now. Although that's just from my own perspective from the battles I've done.
Post #: 8
4/19/2015 12:08:41   
Lord Machaar

BM class from a general view isn't OP, but some builds within this class are. Sadly when the class gets nerfed, all builds get nerfed, and this collateral damage can be easily surpassed.
Same thing happened with poison, 5 focus TLMs weren't OP, strenght builds were, poison was used with both builds, in order to nerf strenght builds, they nerfed 5 focus TLM builds with it.
MQ Epic  Post #: 9
4/20/2015 10:29:16   
Silver Sky Magician

We'll need more detailed and convincing reasons why Blood Mage is broken. Right now many reports of 'OPed' classes/skills simply list down the advantages of using said class or skill, which isn't very helpful.

Personally, I don't think Blood Mage is OPed. My Rank 2 Merc quite handily beats STR and 5 Focus BMs dozens of ranks above it. In turn, it performs poorly against BH and CH, moderately against TLM and excellently against TM. I don't think comparing a class against itself is useful, so we'll skip that, and in any case there are too few mercs and even fewer good mercs at my level range for comparison.
Post #: 10
4/20/2015 11:39:09   
Darkwing

The reason why Mercenary does ok with BM it's because mercenary is one of the 2 classes that have intimidate. The other class is BM lol

And a strength mercenary can also do good because the strength build has blood commander that not only gives health back but also strength, has damage moves like double strike and berserker, and intimidate.

But even mercenary lacks a proper way to gain energy back or steal energy.

BM is the jack of all trades, unlike other classes that lack something, it has all you need!

< Message edited by Darkwing -- 4/20/2015 11:40:17 >
Post #: 11
4/20/2015 11:40:09   
Lord Machaar

@Sivler Sky Magician.

Well you just said it yourself:

quote:

I don't think comparing a class against itself is useful.

Sure mercenaries can defeat "Strenght" bms, because of their skills, intimidate and kartherax is frankly a great combo against these builds.
BM has it all at the moment, you can play strenght builds with it, you can play 5 focus builds on it also, the class itself encounters itself, it's crazy no?
The fact that BM has intimidate gives it double effect, using strenght BM makes you encounter other strenght builds (including strenght BM) with intimidate, using 5 focus BM gives you same result.
In the end you will have to be a BM player to play both builds.

What you just did here is simply:
The weather in my village is great, there is no global warming. Global warming will get your butt soon, it just didn't reach your village yet.

Sure Mercs work great against strenght BMs, but what about other 4 classes? That don't have intimidate? A class that is OP using strenght build alongside with a skill that encounters strenght builds, then my friend, that's something.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 4/20/2015 11:43:15 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 12
4/20/2015 11:41:04   
Silver Sky Magician

I don't use Intimidate against STR BMs...nor do I even have Katherax. Plus I use a 5 Focus build. So I suggest that you don't make too many assumptions.

And I still don't see any concrete reasons why BM is OPed.

< Message edited by Silver Sky Magician -- 4/20/2015 11:44:12 >
Post #: 13
4/20/2015 11:45:47   
Lord Machaar

I didn't say you use these, I mentioned the class not your name, if you know how to read, I said:

quote:

Sure mercenaries can defeat "Strenght" bms, because of their skills, intimidate and kartherax is frankly a great combo against these builds.

So there you go.

And if you mean by having 25% winning ratio is great, then consider like my reply isn't meant for you. It's meant for builds having 80% - 90% against these builds. And it's meant for players who defeat a lot Strenght BMs from all rank ranges, this morning, not last week.
MQ Epic  Post #: 14
4/20/2015 11:46:10   
romanu

After all the monster BM builds I see in 1vs1, with 60 legendary included, and used all my best strategy I could think to beat them, I need proof from players that say they can beat them .

Either you encounter the ones that only use strike button like bots, or you have great luck, because those build are so good that even a mediocre strategist could get the most out of builds like that.

Example: bludgeon for fast high damage in the first turn, then mark of blood, then parasite to get the energy from the enemy to you, then maybe another bludgeon.

Likely you had 1 rage by then. The you have cores like the one that deals 125% damage and can't be blocked, or the skills that does 115% damage and has 40% lifesteal.

Then you also use the gun that ignores 35% defense.

Tell me how you counter that.

< Message edited by romanu -- 4/20/2015 11:50:55 >
Post #: 15
4/20/2015 11:49:36   
Silver Sky Magician

So now you're accusing me of a) losing disastrously when I said that I have a good win ratio against BMs and b) barely playing the game.

I don't feel like revealing my strategy. Well I've already said that I don't use Intimidate or Katherax, I'm only rank 2, and I run a 5 focus build. There are only so many Merc skills. You can go guess what I do.

The more important thing is that I need more concrete reasons than 'I can't beat BMs', because I can, so that argument's gone. You need to explain precisely what aspect of BMs make them so difficult to beat, and what class/build you are using against them.

< Message edited by Silver Sky Magician -- 4/20/2015 11:50:05 >
Post #: 16
4/20/2015 11:52:13   
Lord Machaar

@Romanu Thanks for broughting up this point, is it possible for a 5 focus build user to bot?
That would be funny, because I personally use different moves each battle, STR builds are easy to use, they are consisted of one attack: Strike, so basically you end up using same moves, in same rounds, at all battles.
At third turn you find the strenght build user confused, hmm, should I use Strike or Strike?
This results in fast and easy battles without the need to think and use your neurones.
Sadly it's not the case, using a 5 focus build or any other build, that takes a lot of thinking, results in a time consumption.

@Sliver Sky Magician.

quote:

The more important thing is that I need more concrete reasons than 'I can't beat BMs', because I can, so that argument's gone. You need to explain precisely what aspect of BMs make them so difficult to beat, and what class/build you are using against them.

You are funny really funny.
You are basically saying, since I can kill a rat with a gun, how come you can't kill him with a water gun?
That's it.
If you can defeat str BMs with merc due to the arsenal of skills mercs has, then good for you, but not all other classes have an arsenal of skills that encounters str builds.
And yeah once again, good winning ratio means 80 - 90% not 30 - 40% because good winning ratio varies from one player to another. Calculations also. 80% winning ration is winning 8 battles out of 10 against a Str BM, don't count other battles.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 4/20/2015 11:58:46 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 17
4/20/2015 11:58:47   
Silver Sky Magician

@Machaar

So you have to tell me more. What class are you using? What build? If you're reporting a problem, it's not for someone else to look for it. And yes, I quite easily have a 80% win ratio against STR BMs.

< Message edited by Silver Sky Magician -- 4/20/2015 11:59:22 >
Post #: 18
4/20/2015 12:02:55   
Lord Machaar

I already explained why Str BMs builds give a great a suggestion to never player another build.
- Fast kills.
- Great winning ratio.
Fast kills is a legit caracteristic of strenght builds, since the beginning of the game, but having fast wins must come with a sacrifice, relatively low winning ratio to other slow builds, otherwise if you use these builds and combine both, what's the point of using slow builds?

It's not my build/class only that is affected by this, many other builds/classes, I'm tired of repeating why these builds are OP, because I've said many other times, you can search in my latest post in this thread if you want the answer.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 4/20/2015 12:03:18 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 19
4/20/2015 12:11:14   
romanu

@Silver Sky Magician As long as you can't back it with proof, you can say you have 120% win rate again't strength BM.

< Message edited by romanu -- 4/20/2015 12:28:45 >
Post #: 20
4/20/2015 14:28:27   
Satafou

^No you can't, saying you have 120% win ratio would only make you look like an idiot. BM is far from overpowered. It really doesn't need a nerf of any kind. What does need a nerf is strike and the fact it's spamable enough to grant the user as much as 200 dmg vs tanks without any draw back is ridiculous.
Post #: 21
4/20/2015 15:01:48   
Lord Machaar

^ Fair enough.
MQ Epic  Post #: 22
4/21/2015 11:37:56   
King Bling

bm was nerfed recetly of off the bludgeon, parasite, plasma cannon more nerf and it will be crappy
Post #: 23
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Blood mage
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition