Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 155 - Read the first post!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 155 - Read the first post!
Page 21 of 30«<1920212223>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/19/2015 1:26:23   
megakyle777

I don't know what Artix is doing tbh. i expect he's putting a lot of ti me into how to put things. Least I hope so and he's clear and precise- there have been times where Artix has been less then clear on matters due to poor wording, like the infamous DF tale where he looked at Thytons' Dragon heads he drew and told him to draw good dragons. He MEANT good ALLIGNED Dragons but everyone thought he waas insulting Thyton's work and was shocked.

quote:

@ArtixKrieger My tooth seems to have broken. DX. Also, Oversoul letter: Good new, bad news or meh news?

quote:

@Kylestien You are not going to like it.

Welp, that's it then. It's over.

< Message edited by megakyle777 -- 8/19/2015 1:28:31 >
DF  Post #: 501
8/19/2015 7:20:13   
Gorillo Titan

No matter what the letter says I can guarantee we won't get anything for at least 7 months when AQ3D is in beta or live thats the focus right now but its also a video game company so the letters going to be worded in a way to give players hope so they won't quit the game its not a smart idea to write something 100% negative even if the game has a small community cause it "could" return with a big fan base. So my prediction is the letter will say we are sorry this happen something about AQ3D and encouraging us to play it and also not to give up on OS maybe even the fact if you bought soul gems you can play in the alpha phase of AQ3D. Several AE devs has voiced their opinion on how the games with small communities should have small teams since they don't bring in enough to fund a team. Artix could even announce OS mobile which I expect will be the last game to go mobile for the reason listed above.
Post #: 502
8/19/2015 7:36:06   
The Jop

Guys, I gave up hope when Nulgath wrote that letter saying "there's no resources left for the programming needed" (and that was over a year ago). AE never gave Oversoul a chance, from the day of its inception. Of course a game is not going to be as popular as others if it's still in Beta and you only make it possible to release a few characters a month. Them laying off Nulgath was just a complete shock because he was doing a lot in other games. Either way, this whole thing made me lose a lot of faith in AE, which thinks it's a good idea to abandon their current games to make mobile ones.

< Message edited by The Jop -- 8/19/2015 7:43:16 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 503
8/19/2015 8:28:45   
megakyle777

If anything they would promote AQ3D, what with being on mobiles too. XD

But seriously, its not gonna be good.
DF  Post #: 504
8/19/2015 10:20:42   
Gorillo Titan

They laid nulgath off cause one he wasn't doing as much work as you guys think he was "busy" from his instagram he posted he got divorced and parted a lot over the last two years.

Also cysero and another dev said nulgath didn't work on BG or idle dragons besides just doing the class for the last one he did "art" for other games which was stuff he had gave them and they just finally decided to use them in game. At best he was being used for animating and thats about it. They have other artist who can mimic nulgath art style pretty easily such as dage whose redone several of the stuff nulgath has done and memet and rev who just returned back to AE with his mirror form of Nulgath for friday's release.
Post #: 505
8/19/2015 11:28:31   
Sambud

I wonder if they stop updating the game, will the founders get compensated? I mean, the whole point of being a "founder" is to sort of upstart the game...
DF AQW  Post #: 506
8/19/2015 12:01:03   
Skurge
The Dealer

Sambud: Compensated for what? I think it's a bit unfair to ask for stuff considering it was our choice whether or not to support the game.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 507
8/19/2015 12:52:54   
Sambud

Understandable Skurge, I'm just saying, due to the fact that the game didn't get a fair run, and was scrapped rather quickly. Not asking, just being curious.
DF AQW  Post #: 508
8/19/2015 12:55:19   
Gorillo Titan

As the player who more than likely spent the most money on this game 500+ -_- I see why we wouldn't get anything special since the game would still be dead and the money was spent long ago on the team and keeping the servers active.

http://forums2.battleon.com/f/interceptor.asp?dest=https://twitter.com/Gorillo1/status/632930794508455937/photo/1 <----- Most likely will post one more character on the forum and that'll be the last one for a while just a hint if you liked the two headed clown you'll really like the last one.
Post #: 509
8/19/2015 13:07:06   
the warden

this is making me really angry, if artix is taking this much time to just say blah blah game is done and try aq3d I
will give up on AE...
below: I am aware I mean if he says something stupid then recommends AQ3d ill be pissed off

< Message edited by the warden -- 8/19/2015 15:00:59 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 510
8/19/2015 14:20:20   
Nigraz

Well when you're a representative of a company you don't exactly come out and say two sentences and then leave. You have to make a professional statement.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 511
8/19/2015 18:51:28   
The Jop

Cysero already made a "professional statement" that they have to stop putting resources into games that aren't profiting them enough. They gave up on Oversoul years ago, there's only so many times and ways they can say that.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 512
8/19/2015 19:13:54   
Nigraz

Well it doesn't matter about how they say it. I could care less if they made a 2 page letter or one sentence saying: "We are giving up on Oversoul." The main message is the most important part.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 513
8/19/2015 23:53:39   
Gorillo Titan

on the verge of quitting all AE games suggested an idea a few days ago and AE did but never gave me any credit for doing it and when ever I bring it up no one replies.

Darklore knows what im talking about.
Post #: 514
8/20/2015 10:06:25   
DarkLore

You mean the second free clawg pet challenge in for AQWorlds by getting 10k shares on that AQ3D FB post? Yeah... That is pretty messed up they didn't credit you. Anyway... Sad to say it myself. But Artix stating we wouldn't like the post on OS's homepage is not a good sign. At least we got a taste of chaos before OS inevitably went under.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 515
8/20/2015 10:13:45   
Sambud

I mean, at least we'll still be able to play the game, right? That should count towards something, there's a lot of content in that game. The only problem is that whenever I log in, I can never find anyone to duel.
DF AQW  Post #: 516
8/20/2015 14:05:10   
Gorillo Titan

@darklore they also doing the clawg armor idea I suggested. They won't shut it down.
Post #: 517
8/20/2015 15:03:13   
MentalDaemon

6 months since Fire Shinobi has been announced and we never got it. And now the game is being forsaken.
Post #: 518
8/20/2015 16:15:58   
Gorillo Titan

Before artix makes his post I wanna make a prediction since warlic is a game lead now on a game thats been put on hiatus while biobeast and AQ3D are being worked on it'll before several months beore he could possibly return so it could be based around OS not getting releases till all these games are finished. <---- decided to be someone positive with this guess.
Post #: 519
8/20/2015 19:10:52   
Revontheus

Animation is more important than creating art.

By the way where did you get that information? Do you have any references?
AQW Epic  Post #: 520
8/20/2015 19:23:06   
The Jop

@Revontheus
Good to see you back here! I do miss Nulgath though.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 521
8/20/2015 20:01:06   
Sambud

really wondering where that letter is.
DF AQW  Post #: 522
8/20/2015 21:14:09   
Skurge
The Dealer

Revontheus: Refer to this post..
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 523
8/20/2015 21:37:27   
  Kiyone

@Revontheus The source info has been a little all over the place. Original someone mention a newsletter their will be an annoucement about Oversoul but no source info was given. Which would have kill it but something new happen. We got confirmation of an announcement was coming from Alina through posters Private Messaging her about Oversoul situation. Which she confirm in this thread. Where the latest news is Artix is working on an official statement.

http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=22020113

Because no set date was given, not knowing how busy things are at the moment with Artix, and any other unknowns. Everyone is currently patiently waiting. If you need more info with catching up. Contact either Mithra or myself and will get ya up to speed.

With the current situation. I know its been rough on ya guys especially with all the waiting. which I want to thank you all for your stellar patience. Its something we hate to see you guys experience when you don't need to. Where I have to commend you all on and your behavior with handling this. You guys are real troopers with that and we thank you for it.

I dislike asking you guys to wait longer on this. But please be patient. Especially since I heard Artix got back form an important business trip. Where he's catching up on what he miss. Which may effect when he release his letter. Behind the scene stuff can take more time then ya think. Either Alina, Mritha, or I will let you guys know about the letter once its out.

spoiler:

Kiyone expects Gorrilo Titan to totally ninja Kiyone on the letter announcement.

< Message edited by Kiyone -- 8/20/2015 21:41:17 >
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 524
8/21/2015 1:39:03   
megakyle777

Good to see you back Rev! You were missed. DX
DF  Post #: 525
Page:   <<   < prev  19 20 [21] 22 23   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 155 - Read the first post!
Page 21 of 30«<1920212223>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition