Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: FleshWeaver and Soul Smith Class II

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: FleshWeaver and Soul Smith Class II
Page 13 of 30«<1112131415>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/3/2015 21:18:24   
Mordred

I think the class would be a worthwhile investment in terms of gameplay and story, if the staff were to pursue it. Some animations are already made, if they'd be carried over from Riorr. Yes, it would be a significant investment to make the class and all the ramifications of becoming one. But if the staff are able to do it, I don't think there's harm in trying. The staff are capable of knowing their own capabilities. If there's time to make this a release to work towards, by all means, I'm for it. If they determine the workload too great, it ends there I suppose. But I don't think that we, as players, should be daunted by the size of the task, and say we shouldn't like to see FleshWeaver for that reason.

@Tomix: So, FleshWeaving, by its very nature, isn't considered forbidden magic? It has a similar feeling to blood-bending to me, in terms of physical manipulation and connotation.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 301
5/3/2015 21:20:20   
Aura Knight

quote:

Fleshweaver is not confirmed, but if it is, it will be canon, no exceptions. In order to unlock it, you must devour Aegis, no takebacks. 3 Classes will be locked off, as well as any potential content involving Aegis.

Sacrificing 3 classes for one doesn't sound like a fair deal, but that would depend on how powerful fleshweaver actually is. Aegis is cool and all (no pun intended) but I don't much care for guests as they usually slow me down. But at the same time, I never hated fighting alongside Aegis. Man, now I'm not completely sure if I do want it or not. Choosing is hard.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 302
5/3/2015 21:22:13   
lightriftwalker122

Maxed out Blacksmithing so im ready for Soulsmithing. FleshWeaver i wonder what the skills will be ?
Post #: 303
5/3/2015 21:27:59   
Mordred

I'd like to point out that SoulSmithing would be a variation of Blacksmithing, not a class, and because ChaosWeaver would be a DC, and thus non-canon class, it has a reason for not being locked off.

I don't like the assertion by some that those for the class are only for it because they want it, they want content to be available for the sake of it (which strikes me as weird, since it locks people out of [Master] SoulWeaver class and the SoulSmith vocation, thus taking AWAY content), and whatnot. I want the staff to consider the idea because of the story implications and sake of roleplaying for those who want to.

< Message edited by Mordred -- 5/3/2015 21:33:44 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 304
5/3/2015 21:38:09   
Christophoses
AQW Tester
&
Lore Adept

@Aura Knight

As of now you would only be locked out of 1 class. Chaosweaver was confirmed to be an DC class so that won't affect your decision, also because your getting a new soulally for that on (Secundus). I would assume your decision does not affect Soulsmith since it isn't an actual class. So the only thing that will be affected in your decision is Soulweaver. In my opinion this won't do much damage since Soulweaver was never really a power house, unless you were lucky enough to get Baltael's aventail, which is another concern about Soulweaver being locked out.

If the staff said that Fleshweaver is to be cannon, they must have thought it through in terms of their workload with releases.

< Message edited by Christophisis -- 5/3/2015 23:50:56 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 305
5/3/2015 21:46:42   
flashbang

^It's a DC class, ACs don't exist. And it's two classes: Soulweaver and Master Soulweaver.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 306
5/3/2015 21:46:45   
LouisCyphere

Story-wise, I think it would be good to implement FW as a choice to the player in the finale. With CW being a DC class and SS an upgrade for blacksmithing and not an actual class, we would be technically be locked out on SW and MSW only, unless Tomix said it would also locked out CW and SS. Still, it would be good to implement it in the finale of the story with the whole role-playing idea.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 307
5/3/2015 21:48:27   
ThereisnoSyntaxhere

Or we could just not stoop to Riorr's level and defeat him with Aegis by our side........That'd be fun......
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 308
5/3/2015 21:50:54   
Tomix
Soulweaver

Chipping in, here are all of the weaving family founders!
DF  Post #: 309
5/3/2015 21:53:48   
Solargeo

Oi tomix I wondered what your outfit would look like in a black with a nice red trim.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 310
5/3/2015 21:55:18   
flashbang

Baltael looks serious.
I can see the family resemblance between him and Tomix.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 311
5/3/2015 21:57:06   
Solargeo

Mh wonder if MSW would look good in black and red.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 312
5/3/2015 22:00:30   
LouisCyphere

@Tomix, with how huge the story of Tomix, the NPC, is. You should write a book about it. Does training to become a SW,CW and SS has anything to do with bloodline or genetics? I might be wrong about this.

EDIT: Off-topic with the discussion and since I don't have a twitter account. So does Roirr have red hair and lighter complexion and his wife is blonde with dark complexion?

< Message edited by LouisCyphere -- 5/3/2015 22:04:37 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 313
5/3/2015 22:26:32   
Mordred

We saw that Riorr had very dark hair (streaked with grey in his aged years), and fairly dark complexion. A tan, really.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 314
5/3/2015 23:33:34   
VJ

@Tomix
I have a question, awhile ago during a thread where people was talking about giving heroes a choice to be come vampires werewolves,& evil choices that was dark that could push them towards evil like in aqw a different staff member(I wish I could remember their name) said that the hero would never be give a choice to do anything that could lead to an actual 'evil' choice so wouldn't the murder of our soulally and becoming a fw fall under that rule already set in place?

< Message edited by VJ -- 5/3/2015 23:35:29 >
Post #: 315
5/3/2015 23:51:54   
W.A.R.Z.

Re-posting so that this list isn't forgotten (also updated it some more)
Again, let me know if I made any mistakes.

Against (25)
Azan
Chazero
Lord Arkatares
Jorath
megakyle777
Raphael 777
Lord Arkatares
Eltar
Baron Dante
WornDogma
Dragonknight315
KoibatlupeSnowager
Dragonman
Chaoshaper
gakorogirl
Shadows Morgenstern
Daimyo Daimyo
VJ
ergotth
Miran
raylas
god of chaos
David the Wanderer
Rayen
ThereisnoSyntaxhere

Support/Let people who want it get it (35)
Chaosweaver Amon
monstervet
GreenGuy23
Almighty Agathor
lightriftwalker122
Dragon_MasterN7
Snakezarr
W.A.R.Z.
Zork Knight
Christophisis
The Hollow Soul
Rio3678
ad3022
Brasca123
necro emperor
Sakurai the Cursed
Mordred
AugustoCP
Siedgrief
Dark Lord Urmi
G Man
Deviance
Drop_Bear
Alethral
Kai Kazama
G.t.h
time sage
necro emperor
Meloette Wells
soulus42
Plendamonda2
Glerax
the jop
Pisaster
LouisCyphere
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 316
5/3/2015 23:56:26   
VJ

remember just because he says he can do it and may doesn't mean he said how long it will take to do and how long making extra quest for both sides will take and or if it will be put on the S.O.O.N list thus the list I feel is still important.

let me post this list of cons so no one forgets:
quote:

those who are against have these reasons:
It is immoral
Will take more time to do it
Have to craft extra quest for it
Could have quest lines that need the SoulAlly in it
If there is one than those who are fw would not be happy because they would be left out forcing the team to make another quest line for it or just flat out not give them one.

Development costs: The staff need to take time to draws, animate, code and balance this class. Not too much of a issue in itself. Except that you ALSO have to code in a way to lock out Ageis in all forms, and lock out 3 classes from all access permanantly. Meaning you ALSO need to mess with the Amour Closet and all other ways of saving classes.

Gameplay: Since this class would be canon, you need to make constant refference to it. People would need to be reviled by you. You need to write TWO separate types of story and reactions. If one makes it canon, it has to BE canon and referenced. AND to add to that, there would need to be some kind of boost to the class to compenstate the loss of three, otherwise it's not worth it gameplay wise.

above. That is most of the point here, really. The problem isn't FW. The problem is FW being CANON. The Seppy wannabe classic gets his reward in the form of Doom Knight and other dark classes. They are however not canon and as long as they are liked, even though being an overused concept, using a dark and edgy class that one villain has or is related to , it could very well be made, as pong as again, it is not PART of the story in any way.

1: It's not worst the cost. You are locking off One tier 2 class and 2 Tier 3 Classes, for one tier three class of equal power. In gamepllay terms it makes no sense. You gain no additional power, you in fact LOSE some.

2: CHAOSWEAVER WILL BE (acording to the last news on it) A DC CLASS. THERE is the real issue: you are locking off something people have outright paid for.

The issue comes from locking out classes and options in my opinion. You are not just locking out Soulweaver, you are locking out:

Soulweaver
Master Soulweaver
Chaosweaver
Soulsmith (if it ever comes out)
Locking all four of those options from armor closets and the like
Aeis Book 1 and 3

That's four classes and two allies, (one of which (Chaosweaver) will be DC so if you paid for that first tough luck), for one class. It's too much to lock out.

(thanks to megakyle777 & Lord of Chaos).

< Message edited by VJ -- 5/3/2015 23:58:54 >
Post #: 317
5/3/2015 23:58:21   
Christophoses
AQW Tester
&
Lore Adept

@W.A.R.Z.
If you check the original thread you will see that I made a poll for the FW class.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Tomix (Dev) commented on the tweet that Tomix (In game) is related to Baltael. So this means that Tomix, Vaal and Aspar/Envy are very distant cousins and their father is Roirr. This is one heck of a family!

So basically:

Roirr -> Ovya -> Vaal
Roirr -> Pandora -> Aspar/Envy
Roirr -> Baltael -> Tomix

< Message edited by Christophisis -- 5/4/2015 0:00:59 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 318
5/4/2015 0:13:21   
ThereisnoSyntaxhere

@WARZ

There are people off the forums that are against Aegis getting eaten, but I don't know how to quantify them/don't really have a way of backing up my claim since to my knowledge it's mainly in tumblrfable.

< Message edited by ThereisnoSyntaxhere -- 5/4/2015 0:19:16 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 319
5/4/2015 0:54:03   
Chazero

After some further thought and analysis, here's my new opinion:

As long as Fleshweaver does not actually affect the story too much, I'm willing to just let it be.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 320
5/4/2015 0:58:36   
megakyle777

quote:

There are people off the forums that are against Aegis getting eaten, but I don't know how to quantify them/don't really have a way of backing up my claim since to my knowledge it's mainly in tumblrfable.

And I have no doubt some off the forums are also crying PASS ME THE HOT SAUCE, but we cannot count either unless we give them a chance to.
DF  Post #: 321
5/4/2015 1:03:38   
Mordred

Again, I'd like to point out that since ChaosWeaver will be a DC, and thus non-canon class, it may not be locked out. Since it's not canon, it doesn't need to adhere to canon classes like FleshWeaver. And I think counting SoulWeaver and Master SoulWeaver as different classes is disingenuous. Master SoulWeaver differs only in art and raw damage. The skillsets are essentially the same.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 322
5/4/2015 1:07:05   
ThereisnoSyntaxhere

At this point I'm worrying about the kids that play this game having to see Aegis get eaten. I mean that can't possibly be rendered in a manner that isn't horrifying in some way.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 323
5/4/2015 1:14:40   
Almighty Agathor

^ Please don't go all Liberal on us. Lol

I still feel that it should be up to the staff. If more people want it, then yeah. If they wanna add it, they should. But, we don't make that choice. The Dev's do.

Let me ask you, does a machine such as yourself ever experience fear?!
DF AQW  Post #: 324
5/4/2015 1:43:07   
god of chaos

Ovya looks.. Quite muscular. And I can see the Vaal resemblance.
Post #: 325
Page:   <<   < prev  11 12 [13] 14 15   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: FleshWeaver and Soul Smith Class II
Page 13 of 30«<1112131415>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition