Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: FleshWeaver and Soul Smith Class II

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: FleshWeaver and Soul Smith Class II
Page 18 of 30«<1617181920>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/5/2015 0:27:31   
Dark Lord Urmi

i have a feeling that will be a "we need a super weapon to beat roirr how do we do that" type of moment XD
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 426
5/5/2015 0:49:12   
Christophoses
AQW Tester
&
Lore Adept

@Dark Lord Urmi

Transcendence's description states that it is nor grim, nor valorous, meaning that it was not forged under certain intentions. In my opinion, this item is truly one of the greatest enigmas in DF, and I hope it plays a greater role later on the Roirr saga.

I was considering the fact that this may be why Roirr originally chose to possess Vaal, other than the fact that he was going to die if he did not consume a new host. I believe that this sword is the Excalibur of DF and is able to unlock power beyond imagine. I cannot recall a weapon's name being so emphasized, so it must have some greater value.

< Message edited by Christophisis -- 5/5/2015 0:50:29 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 427
5/5/2015 0:55:49   
Dark Lord Urmi

hmmm maybe it will come to us in canon as well that would be interesting perhaps the sword itself teaches soul smithing in a way.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 428
5/5/2015 1:59:48   
Christophoses
AQW Tester
&
Lore Adept

Maybe that's why Roirr is trying to get more power. Did anyone see how he was looking at the sword during the "Inner unSelf" quest?
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 429
5/5/2015 3:16:02   
monstervet

@W.A.R.Z.
could you take me off the supporter list? im more of a neutral, although i may go back to being against fleashweaver it 100% full time, kinda wanna wait and see how it goes.

Doughnuts and pizza seem like the wrong kind of allegory, i would take the olives off and who doesnt like doughnuts....no, no this is more of an opinion type thing.
You see this whole fleshweaver, no fleashweaver thing is like Chocolate and vanilla, and thus using this as an example i shall claim Chocolate for the side of good permanently.
back to the point, some people like chocolate others like vanilla, you cant force a chocolateer to like vanilla, and vice versa, its who they are, and i apologize but chocolate is so awesome i actively try to get people to join the side of chocolate, if i have to explain why chocolate is awesome.....it would take too long.

The same with this, everyone has there reason to want fleshweaver and be against it.
Changing the subject, hmmm
hmmmm
hmmmmm
Would Yulgar get mad if we became a soulsmith and surpassed him?
He isnt the jealous kind i know, but i feel that if he became a soulsmith he would be awesome(sauce).
So we have to learn soulsmithing from that smug soulsmith? i dont know if she is but when i read her lines she sounded smug in my head, that kinda lowers my hype for soulsmith, but i still look forward to it.
Well still something to look forward too.

@VJ i too am not a big fan of AQW
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 430
5/5/2015 3:29:33   
Sakurai the Cursed

The difference is monstervet, the chocolate supporters' goal in this instance is to prevent the ability to even have vanilla, while the vanilla supporters don't care if you eat chocolate instead, they just want to be able to eat what they like too.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 431
5/5/2015 3:50:33   
monstervet

@Sakurai the Cursed

ITs true, your right, when i was a hardcore chocolateer i prevented my sister from eating vanilla.... i did not understand why she didnt understand that chocolate reign supreme.

yeah its kinda hard to find an example for this discussion (actually i can think of one but wont use it),
makes the hero evil, its not evil its a choice, should the hero be evil...ugh having read every post the redundancy isnt annoying its the whole cannon thing for me.

somtimes i dont get why vanilla is enjoyed, or why it was invented in the first place, but to each his own cake.

So what is the difference between soul allies? there is one for chaos weaver and one for soul weaver, maybe one for soul smith? besides elemental alignment what differences would they have and how would they affect the classes?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 432
5/5/2015 4:50:13   
WornDogma

I still won't use fleshweaver at all if get implemented,but I also believed good is based on a person's view of right and wrong.Even Aegis was devourered painfully and against his will,the gained abilities could be used for good.Tomix said that fleshweaving is like soulweaving but with fleshthreads which,in my head at least,means it could do a lot of good.Perhaps,it could weave people new limbs,heal burns,slow the progression of lyncanthropy and vampirism,heal burns,form blood clots in wounds,set broken bones,safely amputate a limb,purify the blood of toxins, and the list goes on. All we seen roirr do with it is evil but imagine if he was a good guy.He would most likely still need to feed but would not try and extend his life and could ask first.

Ex Good Roirr : Excuse me soul ally do you mind if I consume you to heal all the burn victims?

Theorictical Elemental Spirit of compansion: No problems,It was and honor working with you.

Another thing is Tomix said you would have to devour Aegis, I don't think he specified the context of the situation.While I love Aegis(He is such and nice and cool guy) I can say the same for other players. Some hero will be more dark in saving the world than others.Also another point to good being subjective I punted twilly at the start of book 1 which while not the worst action could be considered "evil".
Post #: 433
5/5/2015 7:32:43   
Brasca123

@worndogma. i know how you feel, i made the "worst prank ever" quest tons of times, and i think that quest makes the hero more evil than valtrith xD

still, i keep my point on being against FW, but we should just wait for the staff decision

on SS topic, i think that it'd be nice if we could make some weapons that had a greater power level than their actual level, to compensate the hard work and all, of course, those weapons could be all under lv cap, like, if they were power level + 10, the maximum lv one would be lv 70, i'm suggesting this because i think we'll require maximum lv blacksmith to even start SS, so it'll be a big trouble to get just normal weapons
AQ DF  Post #: 434
5/5/2015 8:26:24   
lightriftwalker122

@ Monstervet Join the FleshWeaver side we have chocolate. (Star Wars reference) i wonder if we will make weapons of different elements in the SoulForge?
Post #: 435
5/5/2015 8:47:29   
god of chaos

@monstervet. I think a person can only have one soul ally? Tomix should confirm this, but I am guessing that is how it works.
Post #: 436
5/5/2015 9:03:59   
Solargeo

What if the fleshweaver thing was just to throw us off? What if they did it to keep us busy while they are trying to figure out soulsmithing? I mean it would be a brilliant tactic. Keeping us from asking them.
Also What about the unfinished unquestlines? Like Vil and Croz Jr.? Also note due to a spoiler for not DA owners. Can't say much more than that except will the true villain be fought again? Come on DF
team do not torture me so please give us closure on what in the two blimey sub levels of deaths domain happens in some quests. Also maybe the not telling us is also a scheme to get us to fight. Or maybe I am being paranoid.
come on someone else post I do not feel like editing my post every time I think of something.

< Message edited by Solargeo -- 5/5/2015 9:13:41 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 437
5/5/2015 9:29:54   
Shadows Morgenstern

The funniest part about you guys being so...rabid, is that we know nothing about the class really apart from Roirr being the only one we know. The skill animations are mostly modified versions of Vaal's, which are Chaosweaver skills.

Your signature has been removed because Photobucket replaced it
with a third-party hosting notice that was too large for the forums.
DF  Post #: 438
5/5/2015 9:38:25   
Solargeo

To solve this issue they could somehow force us to do it or Ronir would eat him. Though Aegis will have to be at a point where he is dying and can not be saved. And after killing mcjerk.
Aegis appears like Vaal does and says thank you . because either you do it or he forces it somehow. Anyway after that he thanks you for being there so Ronir could not get him.
And to keep soulweaver and such Pandora . Or they design a new one.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 439
5/5/2015 10:04:40   
Shadows Morgenstern

I'd rather they not do that. Seems like a total cop out, if these people want it, and if the class really is going to happen, which I really do not want it to. They should have to do it as the Hero devouring Aegis in a moment of selfish powerlusting.
DF  Post #: 440
5/5/2015 10:08:09   
Solargeo

Well the way the way I thought of he you did do it that way it would be a I believe chaotic good type of choose . You went against one moral to appease another. It is like choosing the lesser of the two evils.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 441
5/5/2015 11:28:02   
Mystical Warrior
Helpful!

If it were up to me, to just stop this whole debate thing on "eating Aegis to become a Fleshweaver" is to just release the class as a DC armor, that way no story of the hero eating Aegis will happen.

Also I don't get why we even need to eat Aegis in the first place to become a FleshWeaver. From what I can understand in the story by far, all Roirr did was feed to keep him strong, meaning that eating to become a FleshWeaver you don't need to feed on your Soul Ally at all, you can just feed on other souls to sustain yourself.

Has it already been stated that in order to become a FleshWeaver, one has to eat their Soul Ally? I mean a definite proof that it is a requirement not just the cutscene or Roirr eating to keep himself strong. Because as it stands, Roirr was already a FleshWeaver before eating the Soul Ally from what I can remember

< Message edited by Mystical Warrior -- 5/5/2015 11:32:31 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 442
5/5/2015 11:42:39   
Raphael 777

@Cristophisis: Maybe Transcendence was created with the aim to help the user tap into his/her hidden potential. Roirr must be trying to obtain Transcendence to do just that. He seemed kinda annoyed that he can't fully summon it.

@monstervet:Maybe, Lanrete is currently the only soulsmith seen. And yeah, he did seem to be quite smug.

I'm quite excited about Soulsmithing. Maybe the weapons we'll make will have some unique special or trigger.

< Message edited by Raphael 777 -- 5/5/2015 11:43:04 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 443
5/5/2015 14:52:09   
DD.CLYDESTER

Lol for some reason flesh lightning will never be a skill i'd like to use if it comes out as one
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 444
5/5/2015 14:59:47   
Dark Lord Urmi

*shadow* its not even about the class at this point its about Potential content being over not haveing that content. If this happened in the future with another class say some thing like off the top of my head cryomancer id STILL be for the content over not having content get it? it had nothing to do with being rabid until after the supporters who thought it was cool got the morality garbage slapped onto us and we got upset. Geo, Tomix and the staff created these characters they knew what to do with them.

< Message edited by Dark Lord Urmi -- 5/5/2015 15:01:06 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 445
5/5/2015 15:28:55   
W.A.R.Z.

This is the list of people on the forums that have opinions on FleshWeaver.
If there is anybody who could share opinions from tumblr, FaceBook, Twitter, etc. then feel free to post a list of them or put a link to it so we have more perspectives.
Again, let me know if I made any mistakes or if your not on here and you'd like to share your opinion.

Against (24)
Azan
Baron Dante
Break Eventide
Chaoshaper
Daimyo Daimyo
David the Wanderer
Dragonknight315
Dragonman
Eltar
ergotth
gakorogirl
god of chaos
Jorath
KoibatlupeSnowager
Lord Arkatares
megakyle777
Miran
Rayen
raylas
Raphael 777
Shadows Morgenstern
ThereisnoSyntaxhere
VJ
WornDogma

Support/Let people who want it get it (35)
ad3022
Alethral
Almighty Agathor
AugustoCP
Brasca123
Chaosweaver Amon
Chazero
Christophisis
Dark Lord Urmi
Deviance
Dragon_MasterN7
Drop_Bear
flashbang
G Man
G.t.h
Glerax
GreenGuy23
Kai Kazama
lightriftwalker122
LouisCyphere
Magyarka
Meloette Wells
Mordred
necro emperor
Pisaster
Plendamonda2
Sakurai the Cursed
Siedgrief
Snakezarr
soulus42
The Hollow Soul
The Jop
time sage
W.A.R.Z.
Zork Knight

@flashbang's question on page 16
Here's what the setup looks like
[link=http://forums2.battleon.com/f/default.asp][quote]BATTLEON FORUMS![/quote][/link]

And here's the result
quote:

BATTLEON FORUMS!
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 446
5/5/2015 16:01:00   
Sakurai the Cursed

And you can also do:
[link=http://forums2.battleon.com/f/default.asp][quote][/link]BATTLEON FORUMS![/quote]

Which shows up as:
quote:

BATTLEON FORUMS!

That way people can see that there's a link without having to hover over the quote, though this method loses the functionality of being able to click anywhere on the quote box to follow the link.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 447
5/5/2015 19:15:15   
Solargeo

Well I would say make it non-canon and make it still obtainable without losing the other classes. bam problems solved
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 448
5/5/2015 19:18:53   
Dark Lord Urmi

there is no problems in making it canon if people just get over that there are people who choose a different route then they did. Tomix has a reason for why it would be canon.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 449
5/5/2015 19:24:52   
Solargeo

If he made it non-canon then aegis would not have to be messed with. making the moral thing thrown out the window. unless we do not have to consume anyone then well is it that morally wrong if it
not able consuming and such? make it more of a use magic to turn your own flesh in to a weapon type of class. it makes it a lot more well acceptable
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 450
Page:   <<   < prev  16 17 [18] 19 20   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: FleshWeaver and Soul Smith Class II
Page 18 of 30«<1617181920>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition