Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: FleshWeaver and Soul Smith Class II

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: FleshWeaver and Soul Smith Class II
Page 20 of 30«<1819202122>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/6/2015 14:25:19   
Oddball

Burnt meat is best meat, Break-y.

No it's really not.

Also, I'm really interested in what being a Soul Smith would be like, I've always liked the idea of having things put in weapons.

< Message edited by Oddball -- 5/6/2015 14:31:27 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 476
5/6/2015 14:35:51   
Break Eventide

So long as we don't go the FF route, putting weapons in your weapons so you can have a cooler weapon, I agree with that idea. I also kinda like the idea of sentient weapons, so I wonder if the spirits maintain their consciousness if you put an ENTIRE spirit into a weapon. I know you're usually just working with pieces, but... Hey, how does Soulsmithing relate back to Weaving? Like, how do the Soulthreads play a role? Now I'm curious about that, too...
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 477
5/6/2015 14:58:51   
DD.CLYDESTER

quote:

If I had to guess, "Flesh Lightning" is probably imagination getting tangled up in the general Star Wars vibe of early week and fusing the Sith and Fleshweaver ideals into one character. Nothing canon, and probably not very likely, since lightning isn't very... fleshy, but it's a creative thought! ...The more I think about it, "Flesh Lightning" just sounds gross. Think about that burnt meat smell...

Exactly :D Think of it, burning flesh that slows down your foe and distracts them lol
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 478
5/6/2015 15:08:02   
Dark Lord Urmi

aaah. interesting mix then XD
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 479
5/6/2015 16:28:56   
soulus42

Still curious as to what fleshweaver will be like, I assume we will find out more about fleshweaving and flesh threads in the vaaloir saga. Looking forward to Soul Smith, I maxed Blacksmithing years ago so this will be fun to do :)
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 480
5/6/2015 20:47:57   
flashbang

quote:

Burnt meat is best meat, Break-y.

No it's really not.

Depends on the burn I say.

I'm actually REALLY curious about Soulsmithing.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 481
5/7/2015 6:09:18   
Icestar_0

So I realize the debate has calmed down a bit, but I’d like to jump in with my thoughts so I don’t fall in the silent majority group off the forums.

I’m rather against Fleshweaver as a canon class. All we’ve seen so far is a modified clone of Vaal’s Chaosweaver skills, so, while I’m sure Tomix would do something amazing with it, I’m not especially hyped for the skills and the necessity of destroying Aegis along with storyline ramifications make it something I won’t support.

My main issue is that we will effectively lose Aegis as a character if the option to kill him is given, meaning that having the option for fleshweaver would effect the games of those who chose not to use it. Aegis is already limited in appearances because he can’t appear in main quests as it’s not guaranteed everyone will have played the Meet Aegis quest, so if the option to destroy him is given he can never really be more than a cameo even within the weaving centric quest lines as for some players he’ll be dead. Aegis has given us some hints for an interesting back story and I’d really love to see him fleshed out more. Additionally from what I understand the bond between SoulAlly and weaver is a rather big deal and I’d love to see that expanded upon with the hero. He’s one of the few guaranteed to be on the hero’s side in Book 3 and it would be a shame not to explore that relationship. Unless a path system was initiated in DF we’d lose Aegis for fleshweaver, and I don’t think a path system would be a wise choice for an already overburdened staff.

My second issue is that I can’t reconcile the canon hero with someone willing to destroy Aegis for power. You can chose to rp and characterize your personal hero however you like, whether they be evil or more of an anti-hero, but it has been stated repeatedly that the canon DF hero is a morally good individual who is always trying to do the right thing. Tomix has stated that the decision to murder Aegis would be optional and I can’t accept the canon hero would be willing to kill a friend if there was any other choice. Suddenly making such a selfish choice would be ridiculously out of character for the hero. The only way you could preserve a good hero taking the option to kill Aegis would be if the hero and Aegis appeared to facing overwhelming odds and Aegis offered to kill himself to power the hero up because there appeared to be no other way, but in actuality you could beat whatever it is without harming Aegis. Though If that were to happen, it would be unfair to players who aren’t constantly on the forums and don’t know you could win without Aegis committing suicide, so for it truly be a choice as Tomix said, the hero would need to kill Aegis for power without any extenuating need for it.

Another issue is that the decision to kill Aegis couldn’t be given proper weight without a time-consuming path system. Aside from the absence of Aegis for the storyline, we’d need to see weavers and Spirits reacting negatively to the hero. Even if fleshweaving itself is a neutral act, killing someone who trusts you is abominable and if people don’t react, refuse to help or outright attack us, it’s like the hero made an evil choice in a vacuum. Being locked out of classes and skills is more of a game mechanic than story reaction and it’ll cheapen the story if no one even notices what the hero did. This isn’t like using questionable power like a Doom Weapon, which we didn’t kill anyone to make, the hero killed someone to be a fleshweaver.

In my opinion, it kind of makes Roirr less special as well if the hero can become a fleshweaver in a snap decision. Roirr has abilities that have nothing to do with fleshweaving, but if we can become a fleshweaver by simply killing Aegis, what’s stopping someone else from learning what the hero did and doing it themselves? The hero’s soul isn’t special the way Roirr’s is so if we can do it and if fleshweaving is really so much more powerful than chaosweaving or soulweaving, what would stop us from being overrun with people willing to kill their friends for power? Unless the answer is that fleshweaving isn’t actually a power upgrade and more of an aesthetic choice, it’s something the story would need to address.

I’m a little alarmed at how blase people have been about killing Aegis and the sort of precedent this could set for the story. I kind of wonder if some of this is because we’re getting used to people dying in Ravenloss and Vaaloirr, so another death doesn’t faze the community as much it would outside this Saga. Would killing Aegis really be any different than killing Ash Dragonblade to steal his connection to the light princess or something similar? Ash like Aegis is a relatively strong person who defends his home and is a friend to the hero, and also isn’t plot crucial in that he isn’t the head of an order, doesn’t provide crucial intel and doesn’t have skills to teach us. Actually Aegis unlocks Soulweaver, so he does give us skills unlike Ash. I don‘t think the staff would ever give us the option, but if the hero can kill Aegis for power, why not Ash or anyone else? How is it really different? It's something to consider.

I’m aware I’m repeating a few things, but I didn’t want to be silent.

On a lighter note, I’m really excited for the possibilities with Soulsmithing. If we could interact with a few more elemental spirits to unlock the ability to make new weapons like a few people suggested, it would be a great way to add in some extra lore and give us a chance to talk to Salla, Aegis and Lanrete’s Soulally a bit.
Post #: 482
5/7/2015 8:12:08   
Dark Lord Urmi

^ tomix even said what roirr did was different than what fleshweavers normally do so thats not going to be viable since FW wont be going around taking over bodies the closest thing we have seen to actual fleshweaving is murk's lair. That said even if the class is canon it would change very little since aegis has only shown up in the weaver sagas meaning if a second path was created it wouldn't be impossible to think about for those storylines (also i bet if they just killed him off normally none of you would bat an eye) So it still wouldn't effect the other side. finally the whole shocked about the sacrifice thing we have NO CONTEXT on how it will be done it may even be aegis' idea in the end that the hero can just refuse besides whats better for morality being automatically forced on the path of good or when having an actual choice with actual rewards turning it down for the moral path (yes this is repeated but its a point that makes sense) and the funny thing is the hero has unwillingly sacrificed people before he is not the paragon of good like most people think (and seeing as book three was said to be the hero's book more about his/her mental state and the like his growing failings to protect could easily start to corrode on his mind leading to possible corruption he would have to face this would easily be one of those moments for amazing character development.)

< Message edited by Dark Lord Urmi -- 5/7/2015 8:24:37 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 483
5/7/2015 8:23:21   
Sakurai the Cursed

@Icestar_0 (and anyone else with the same view) - There's something I really don't understand about this whole "but the hero is good!" thing... Yes, I know it's been said that the hero is "good" (which, on a side-note, hardly seems true to me... punting Twilly, knocking over outhouses, beating other beings until they're rendered unconscious to take their gold or just because they're in your way (yes, I know we also defend ourselves, I'm not referring to those times), etc... but I digress), and let's just assume for the sake of discussion that this would be something that's actually "evil" (but it's worth pointing out that we don't know that). What I don't understand is, if it's an entirely optional thing with no consequences for not choosing it, why do you guys care if other people have the option of playing the hero in a different manner, morally-speaking? How does other people making that choice and making it canon to their character affect you? Would it be an issue at all if the staff had never said that the hero is invariably good in DF? I'm not trying to belittle the position, I just genuinely don't understand and would like to.

Anyway, in regards to your other points, I'd like to point out that Tomix and Ash have confirmed that the optionality and consequences will be spelled out very clearly when making the choice, so I highly doubt such a misleading scenario as a fight we would win either way would be given (nor do I see why it would need to be...); "Do you want to eat Aegis to beat this guy? You'll lose some classes/features and kill Aegis and you can beat him anyway lolz". There are better scenarios in which to provide that choice, whether it's going to be something considered "evil" or not... Hell, even something as simple as, *gasp*, making us lose if we don't, but have us find another way in the end. :/

As for the story options for Aegis... He's already not much more than an infrequent side-character, minus the quest to make him your Soul Ally. He basically just pops in and does a couple things and that's it. Would it be nice if he got more 'screen-time' and fleshing out (heh, maybe FleshWeaver could do that for him :P)? Sure, but that doesn't mean it's going to happen whether we get FW or not... Even assuming it does, though, and that it would be an "evil" act worthy of others' scorn/disgust/whatever, why assume that everyone else will know what we did? Because if they don't, then compared to creating a class, implementing a "path system" involving the difference of only one character hardly seems like a big deal in the grand scheme of things. Especially considering, as you said, he can't really be used in the main story since SoulWeaver (and Ravenloss stuff in general) is optional side-content so it'd likely be a rather small amount of content that'd need to be mirrored.

< Message edited by Sakurai the Cursed -- 5/7/2015 13:28:47 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 484
5/7/2015 8:23:52   
god of chaos

^. Actually, I'd bat both eyes several times over if Aegis was really killed off.

< Message edited by god of chaos -- 5/7/2015 8:24:06 >
Post #: 485
5/7/2015 8:33:06   
Dark Lord Urmi

sakurai maybe if we do eat him we get his memories that flash in throughout the saga reminding us of what we did i mean the possibilities are endless.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 486
5/7/2015 9:54:56   
G.t.h

In all honesty, if Chaosweaver's gonna come out, I'm gonna go with it, I mean I don't have to kill the cool aegis who can read books while floating, I can also gain another soul-ally. But if people want Fleshweaver, let 'em have it.
Since I'm gonna get FW on my second account
AQW  Post #: 487
5/7/2015 12:06:42   
monstervet

@Sakurai the Cursed

The best explanation i could think of, is that it would exist, the option would exist to knowingly and willingly kill a character, a friend.

Imagine that there were two buttons one allowed serenity to live the other allowed the happenings of the baron, which would you choose?
Thats what races to my mind when i think of fleshweaver, yes you can choose to use it or not, but it will still be there a reminder, it CAN happen and you can choose to allow it.
It's all a matter if you want to let it happen.
As for character development? how? i'm intrigued although i dont see much, would you be fighting with yourself trying to cope with the side of you that is a fleshweaver or just trying to amend for what you did to Aegis?
There can be more options but that seems like a darker path, my life is already filled with gloomy reality, dont need that in a game i play to unwind.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 488
5/7/2015 13:10:15   
Snakezarr

@monstervet I would personally let Serenity die as that would (in my view point) make the baron seem like more of a threat and making him less of a joke character.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 489
5/7/2015 13:56:48   
LouisCyphere

It feels like this has been dragging on for too long. We are still in the dark here on the whole consuming-Aegis thing. We still do not know the correct circumstance and context on how FW would be attain aside from consuming Aegis. But as long as it is entirely optional and does not force a player to choose or not choose, then so be it. I agree with Sakurai's idea on what does other players' opinion/choice have to do with other peoples' opinion/choice. Unless you people fought a FW on PVP and started a hate war on those people. That's just ridiculous.

But if ever FW got implemented. I want to see it use HP and MP as resources for skills. Given how Roirr does not have any mana when using skills.

< Message edited by LouisCyphere -- 5/7/2015 14:44:54 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 490
5/7/2015 16:34:35   
monstervet

Yeah i agree been dragged to long, everyone has there opinion.

We will have to wait for more info, however as it stands now im iffy at soulweaver, its not Anti-hero or heroic you know?
Galanoth had his parents taken away by dragons so he became a dragonslayer, not a hero but more of an antihero (and possibly the best batman reference ever combined with dragons).
this one...iffy at best, we'd have to see how it happens and what it entails before making decisions, but if its evil, its evil (big IF) and if it is evil you cant sugar coat it no matter how much you want to (use chocolate frosting).

Im hoping soulsmithing allows us to upgrade some old weapons, would be nice.

We will have to wait and see.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 491
5/8/2015 13:21:29   
Meloette Wells

apologizes for just skipping to the end of a thread for once but, what VJ's suggest with SO MANY CONSEQUENCES don't make sense.

1) Aegis is an ice elemental so even if the -500 made any sense, making it -500 fire would be the best choice.

2) Unlocking Fleshweaver seems more like a doom-knight path of choices. Yes, it's a rather dark road to travel but, it doesn't mean you are completely abandoning the path of good. It just means you are willing to destory a close friend for a bit of power, this suggesting that you, the hero, do not feel you are strong enough as is WITH Aegis to back ya up.

3) You dragon is your life partner, not romanticly mind you, but with the focus of Dragonlord being the main focus for the hero's greatest power losing access to the power's namesake is just crazy.

Unlocking Fleshweaver seems to be an emotional path, like how the Hero accepts they can't save everyone (as evidenced in the Cryptic unlock quest and Fire war saga). Not so much of a "More power at any cost!"

Continuation edit:
So, this in mind. I speculate if the hero was to go down the path of fleshweaver, it would be because of a decay of this belief. As if something made the hero question their very ability to be the hero. So consuming Aegis would be an immoral move on the hero's part, it would probably be because even as a soulweaver (or a master one in Book 3's case) would have failed them. So they would have turned to a new route of power, and trading away a failed power (and a dearly beloved friend) would be worth it. But it will most definitely be a tough action to act upon, maybe even Aegis would put up a fight to it.

< Message edited by Meloette Wells -- 5/8/2015 13:34:26 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 492
5/9/2015 14:46:55   
monstervet

wow one of the longest discussions we had in a while, its nice to talk about these things,
I;m guessing either people have calmed down or they slowly let it go.

Good, good.

So, at this point my only questions would be if these events would be Book 3+ exclusive?
You would need to complete book 1 and 2 to access soulsmith and fleshweaver, any prerequisites? Certain level attained? Blacksmithing level maxed? Soulweaver maxed?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 493
5/9/2015 16:01:56   
Dark Lord Urmi

its calmed down because at this point we are waiting for confirmation XD

for soulsmithing though i DO feel it would have to have a high level in blacksmithing
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 494
5/9/2015 22:02:34   
W.A.R.Z.

This is a little bit off topic, but I want to bring up that SoulWeaver doesn't have a loom for the "Good" element, while Baltael's Aventail does, so if you use them together they don't match. When one of the artists gets the time, could they make one for the "Good" element so that they match?

To get back on topic, they haven't really said any requirements for FleshWeaver, but I think that the requirements for the Weaving families should be this:

SoulSmithing (Max out BlackSmithing and beat Tomix Saga Book 3)
ChaosWeaver (Beat Vaaloirr saga, buy with DCs)
FleshWeaver (Beat Vaaloirr saga, max SoulWeaver and SoulSmithing)
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 495
5/9/2015 22:47:10   
flashbang

@W.A.R.Z Probably also maxing out MSW, if MSW is a non-DA class.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 496
5/9/2015 22:59:48   
GreenGuy23

@flashbang Honestly, it wouldn't make sense if MSW is DA-only, and FW isn't.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 497
5/9/2015 23:04:16   
flashbang

That's true. But hey, you never know.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 498
5/9/2015 23:24:49   
W.A.R.Z.

MSW has already been released, and its DA only. (But Baltael's Aventail doesn't work with it yet because Ash is still waiting for Tomix to finish the art for the final skill) It also reflects how far trained SoulWeaver is.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 499
5/9/2015 23:32:34   
flashbang

Ah. I knew it could be accessed, but I didn't know it was officially released.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 500
Page:   <<   < prev  18 19 [20] 21 22   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: FleshWeaver and Soul Smith Class II
Page 20 of 30«<1819202122>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition