Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Gamma Bot Must Get A Fix

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> RE: Gamma Bot Must Get A Fix
Page 5 of 7«<34567>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/1/2015 10:06:25   
Mother1

@ Lord Machaar

Ranks can be gotten back with PVP battles, and you can buy the infernal android due to it being one of the common robots that isn't seasonal rare. Where as the Gamma bot like the golden yeti is an ultra rare robot. If someone traded an IA for a gamma bot they could just buy it right back with enough credits.
Epic  Post #: 101
6/1/2015 11:03:31   
Lord Machaar

Earning 100 ranks won't be that easy anyways. As for gamma bot I said with zero chance to get them back (stuff/ranks), so when you get gamma, you will never be able to buy IA, ofcourse until you want your IA back, and then gamma bot will be taken away from the character.

Anyways, bottom line is, they are saying these "demands", because eventually they know they will never happen, trading will never happen, and taking your ranks away will never happen, they only say this to disturb the community, in matter fact they won't say so if it was possible in the first place. I hope someday they bring some solid arguments, which I'm pretty sure that's something they can't do.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 6/1/2015 21:43:04 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 102
6/1/2015 16:45:37   
ur going to fail

not supported people worked much harder to get golden yeti. the g yeti should be stronger
Epic  Post #: 103
6/1/2015 17:57:55   
.Lord Ginger.

BTW, Golden yeti isn't the strongest. Damage yea, but the yetis, assault bot, azrael borg, lionheart bot suck. And botanical hazard is hardly used. Gamma bot is fine, it is. Solid energy and phys attacks and battles are long so it will make up the damage and as well, some robots aren't well suited for builds anymore (Assault bot, Azrael's Borg) and get outclassed by Blood Hawk, Cyber Yeti, or Infernal Android
AQW Epic  Post #: 104
6/1/2015 21:31:27   
Lord Machaar

^ This is a post about gamma bot, not any other bot, and in various replies, it was confirmed that gamma bot is the weakest bot compared to all the bots (e.g: when gamma fire = gamma punch (for various reasons mentioned earlier) and since gamma punch is like any normal attack of any bot, then gamma fire will be considered just like a normal attack, and gamma bot will have 2 normal attacks instead of 1 normal attack and 1 special attack in this situation, while other bots will still have their special attack).
This was already treated, so yeah, I'm sure you haven't read most of the replies, but I'm here to tell you that your argument was already treated and it was shown that it is invalid in most cases.

quote:

not supported people worked much harder to get golden yeti. the g yeti should be stronger

Gamma bot's fix isn't going to make it the strongest bot of the game, it will simply make the bot competitive with other bots, as in many posts, me and many players have showed that the game isn't competitive with other bots in various cases.
You are contradicting with yourself in this reply actually, if you say that golden yeti should be stronger than other bots because players have worked hard for it, shouldn't it be stronger than IA/Blood Hawk/Cyber yeti/..., is it the case? No.
Golden yeti was first of all bought, and the competition was just an interface, as the results wouldn't be the same if the tournament was open for everyone, therefore golden yeti wasn't obtained, it was bought (90%) and earned (10%), a competition between 120 players for 100 spots, isn't like a competition between 10k players for 10 spots, there is a difference.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 6/1/2015 21:42:09 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 105
6/1/2015 21:52:08   
The berserker killer

Well technically gamma fire is stronger than gamma punch which leads me to think.... Does the fact that the bot itself is special make up for the lack of power in the special....? Or is the bots "special" the fact that it can do an opposite element attack? If that's the case, it really doesn't need a buff.

By the bot being special I do mean that the bot is the only one that can spam p & e attacks and will eventually deal more damage than infernal ever could (for those of you who compare the bots).

I wish I had the bot to do some testing. I may not be huge on numbers, I'm no expert on statistics, but my specialty is build making and I guarantee you right now that this bot will and can be definitely overpowered in the hands of nearly all classes just the way it is if the users were not looking for quick wins.

Matter of fact, I can probably assure you based off of experience that these users probably will not lose a single match with the proper build.

If anything, I would support buffing this bot to 107% and nothing more. Not even making it non-deflectable. Yeah I say this because the bot itself is special which means its actual special needs to be kinda "special" however some of the individuals who own this bot aren't dumb. They are amazing build makers who will benefit greatly from this buff should the bots special become non-deflectable. That is an undeniable fact.

With that being said, I still support buffing the bot to 107% but I would like to take back my suggestion of making the special not deflectable as that would overpower the bot
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 106
6/1/2015 22:09:11   
Lord Machaar

quote:

By the bot being special I do mean that the bot is the only one that can spam p & e attacks and will eventually deal more damage than infernal ever could (for those of you who compare the bots).

This was possible in beta/gamma/delta, where passives made a difference, back then, in most cases, there was one of the two (defense or resistance) greater than the other because there weren't many methodes to balance them out. Unlike in Omega, in most cases, we find that the resistance equals defense, for various reasons, the fact that the armor lets us play with these two, the fact that players now have an equal number of physical and energy attacks, the fact that ranks can balance between the two... Therefore the bot being special already isn't a big deal anyways, what is the need of a bot who has both attacks and deals the same damage anyways? Wouldn't it be more wise to keep one attack and add another special one that might change the game?
Sure gamma fire deals 5% more damage, but once again, in various replies, we said that this percentage is merely high enough to make a difference.
As for increasing it to 107%, it is up to the testing to decide the best value, 107% once again means that gamma fire will deal 640 damage while before it dealt 630 damage, this merely a buff, since RNG remains greater than this value. So I think that the bot needs a radical fix rather than shallow tweaks.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 6/1/2015 22:10:29 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 107
6/1/2015 22:14:41   
.Lord Ginger.

@Machaar You also refer to other robots! It's not the weakest. Assault bot is
AQW Epic  Post #: 108
6/1/2015 22:15:21   
AQWorldsFarmer

I think the yeti's need a buff because not everyone uses their aux and gun very often....while we're at it can we buff ballistic bunny? Very few people use strike often because the passives
turned to actives, so now people can use mark of blood and other skills to avoid it....
Post #: 109
6/1/2015 22:29:04   
The berserker killer

@Machaar

quote:

...the fact that players now have an equal number of physical and energy attacks

I would whole heartedly agree with you here if Strength wasn't nerfed so badly to the point where primary doesn't even count as an "attack" which has completely limited Physical attacks for some classes like Cyber Hunters. So, in that case, a bot that deals two different attacks is very useful and especially needed in times like these where diversity is being shot.

As per the 107% buff I suggested: I do believe some testing will need to get done by just keep in mind the fact that the recent balance changes and the future balance changes have and will eradicate fast game play. Matches will start taking longer for everyone, even if its only 2/3 rounds longer with a stat abuse build. For two focus players where the match drags out to about 30-35 rounds, ive got my money on the one with gamma bot since that damage builds up.

@AQW- Amazing point, and now that all bots are equal in damage I have been debating whether to start a post on how to buff each of the needed bots separately.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 110
6/1/2015 22:39:26   
Lord Machaar

@Lord Ginger: I compared between gamma bot and all other robots with no exception. I didn't give names of the robots, nor I said their flaws and they need to be fixed, because in the end this is a topic about gamma bot and not about any other bot. If I was going to demand a fix for X bot, I would create a new topic and explain my ideas and arguments instead of going off-topic here.

^ Once again and according to the last formula I've given to .Lord Ginger., when (for various reasons) Gamma fire = Gamma punch = Any normal attack of any bot, even if the battle is consisted of 100 rounds, in many cases, gamma fire wouldn't make a difference, since it can deal the same damage as assault bot's normal attack. (Various reasons have already been explained many times.)
MQ Epic  Post #: 111
6/1/2015 22:45:07   
The berserker killer

It "can" but it doesn't. Instead it deals 105% damage. I know what youre saying, a bot like this shouldn't deal the same damage as something like the assault bot but its something we all have to put up with. Our blood hawk, our lionhart, botanical hazard, abyss, all lf our promo varium bots are dealing the same damage as an assault bot now.

I personally like the assault bot buff but It could definitely get a bit more of a buff
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 112
6/1/2015 22:46:21   
AQWorldsFarmer

quote:

even if the battle is consisted of 100 rounds, in many cases, gamma fire wouldn't make a difference

Again, basing this off of a 600 flat damage..

100/3 is about 33. Meaning you can use Gamma Fire 33 times.
600 x .05 = 30 ----> 30 extra damage per hit.

30 x33 = 990 damage.

So if it consist of 100 rounds, gamma fire would make a HUGE different. Don't assume.
Post #: 113
6/1/2015 22:50:17   
The berserker killer

990 damage is a huge difference. Dont get me wrong, the bot can still use a buff if its tested thoroughly but I seriously believe 110% or even making it non-deflectable would be far too much since that would mean 990 damagae guaranteed.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 114
6/1/2015 22:53:55   
Lord Machaar

quote:

Again, basing this off of a 600 flat damage..

100/3 is about 33. Meaning you can use Gamma Fire 33 times.
600 x .05 = 30 ----> 30 extra damage per hit.

30 x33 = 990 damage.

So if it consist of 100 rounds, gamma fire would make a HUGE different. Don't assume.

Once again, I have answered this before and I've told you this is wrong for various reasons, the first one is RNG, are you sure gamma fire will hit 630 damage the whole battle? Are you sure normal attack of any bot will hit 600 damage the whole battle, have you even heard of RNG? Do you know there is currently a damage interval, for example, a bot can hit 250 damage this turn, and 200 in another turn, in the same battle?
Other reasons were already mentioned such as ranks, Defense/Resistance difference and etc...

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 6/1/2015 22:54:47 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 115
6/1/2015 22:56:07   
The berserker killer

The point is that its extra damage that eventually builds up enough to overwhelm your opponent.

< Message edited by The berserker killer -- 6/1/2015 22:57:09 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 116
6/1/2015 23:14:49   
Lord Machaar

And once again, 100 rounds was an example, and it was silly to use it as an argument after a false calculation, and that's the second mistake in AQW's calculation.
Doing his calculations again even though they are incorrect for various reasons already explained before.
Gamma fire deals 630 damage.
Other normal attacks deal 600 damage.

A battle usually takes 12 - 15 rounds, gamma fire can be used 4 times (average), 4 x 30 = 120 damage. I can see that this number is pretty much smaller than 990.

And still this calculation isn't correct, for various reasons already explained before.
MQ Epic  Post #: 117
6/1/2015 23:24:34   
The berserker killer

With testing I believe that an ppropriate fix can be found
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 118
6/2/2015 0:15:04   
.Lord Ginger.

Having two different types of attacks is pretty big already, maybe lowering cooldown by 1 or something. Then again, few people use it, same as Azraels' Borg and Assault bot, so why need a buff if it's basically equal to other robots. Can't compare it alone as a robot because...Assault Bot is pretty bad now.
AQW Epic  Post #: 119
6/2/2015 2:46:37   
Uchiha Sarada
Banned

Ginger: Can you please stop talking about other robots? This is about gamma bot only and if you think another robot needs a fix just go and create your own topic.

quote:

Having two different types of attacks is pretty big already

And Having 1 attack+An Exclusive Special Move which is useful with 0 focus and with 5 focus is not big enough?
AQW Epic  Post #: 120
6/2/2015 8:30:03   
.Lord Ginger.

This is obviously a focus bot, unlike some others(Azrael's borg, assault, Hawk, Black Abyss) And it was a decent robot, unless you want to change the special completely? Just have the creators make another robot. You haven't seen Assault bot's special changed. Only the %, and that's with Gamma, 100% → 105%

< Message edited by .Lord Ginger. -- 6/2/2015 8:32:16 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 121
6/2/2015 8:38:53   
dfo99

not supported
Post #: 122
6/2/2015 8:39:02   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

Speaking of assault bot, shields kind of make it redundant don't they. it was OK before but now the bot just isn't enough.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 123
6/2/2015 12:41:23   
The berserker killer

I think i'd only support buffing gamma bot if the special for each bot that needs a buff is also buffed. That includes the ballistic bots, yetis, Assault Bots, bio borg,, azrael....anything else im missing? the botanical borgs should also be 100% multi if anything.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 124
6/2/2015 14:56:31   
Mother1

@ Digital X

At least the Assault bot and every other robot's special is unique to said bot. The Azreal borg unlike the others has an aux core that does the "Exact" same thing as the robot taking not only the uniqueness of it's special away but making it even less of a necessity in battle. I mean why use the robot when you have an aux that can do the exact same thing and while filling your robot slot with something else?
Epic  Post #: 125
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> RE: Gamma Bot Must Get A Fix
Page 5 of 7«<34567>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition