Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQ3D= Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest 3D] >> AdventureQuest 3D General Discussion >> RE: =AQ3D= Discussion Thread
Page 2 of 9«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/4/2015 10:16:28   
DarkLore

since a let's party thread is not in this board yet, who wants to hang out in yulgar? Look for Zenith.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 26
8/4/2015 10:23:31   
LyRein

Just out of curiosity, why Zenith? I thought you'd be called DarkLore, not joking.
Post #: 27
8/4/2015 10:29:40   
DarkLore

I always choose original names for each games. I don't like copying. In my fanfics. At least in an RP sense all of my characters were shaped my elemental void avatars. Zenith means the highest point something has reached.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 28
8/4/2015 13:56:31   
Brainux

My point is for you to be informed quickly, checking your "other" FB account would be tedious. How hard could it be? Even 9gag has one. It's called 9chat.

< Message edited by Brainux -- 8/6/2015 14:58:54 >
AQW  Post #: 29
8/4/2015 14:19:00   
LyRein

You can't compare 9gag to AE though.. they're completely different things.
Post #: 30
8/4/2015 14:58:03   
megakyle777

We need the jump to do 2 things:

1: Always flip. ALWAYS.
2: Jump over things: Second floor of inn, waist high fences in the Town ETC.
DF  Post #: 31
8/4/2015 15:22:39   
Evangel

I think what he's trying to say is that if 9gag could make a social app, AE could also make a social app.

The game will eventually have in-game friends list. (There's no reason why AQ3D should have less functions/functionality than AQW.) I'm sure AE could make it so the app version has notifications for various things. Although those tend to be spammed and obnoxious.

It doesn't NEE it per se, but it wouldn't hurt to have the option, at least.

The game as it is is pretty decent. The art and style is appealing. Although some of the textures are a little flat in some areas. Not much definition/depth. The Golden Shoulders and Helm are a good example of flat texture balanced with layers.

Aside from the level 10 Trolluk boss getting stuck in the geometry, I haven't noticed many issues. The clipping on the Golden Shoulders bothers me, but that's just about it.

Honestly, I think there should be some disparity between the web and mobile versions of the game. The nature of the platform for Web just inherently allows more. Different/higher quality UI/more buttons for combat and features, etc... But that's just me. 5 buttons for combat just feels lacking. Simple works for mobile, but for web/PC, there should be more.

@megakyle777: What if they made jump into a double jump? First jump is regular, second is the flip.

< Message edited by Evangel -- 8/4/2015 15:24:07 >

AQ DF AQW  Post #: 32
8/5/2015 10:51:29   
DarkLore

I heard from an official tester that AE had forgot a lot of stuff during the first test on Monday. He told a player that they wouldn't be bored for long. He said we could expect an update today or tomorrow.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 33
8/5/2015 12:21:13   
LyRein

@above

Still at the very least a two months GAP between tech and alpha would've been wise so they don't forget stuff and add it back in whenever they want.

It's not professional..
Post #: 34
8/5/2015 18:25:26   
Gorillo Titan

Can I suggest stuff in this forum?

See this post. ~.Shadow//

< Message edited by .Shadow// -- 8/5/2015 19:19:09 >
Post #: 35
8/5/2015 18:27:25   
DarkLore

You could post a suggestion thread topic suggestion in the topic suggestion forum.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 36
8/5/2015 18:29:53   
Azan

The Alpha testing looks nice. Killing monsters is good and the flip jump is awesome. There are a few bugs here and there (level 10 Trolluk stuck in the Cave facebumping against the roots of a tree... it made me laugh!), but I'm confident this game can have a great future, because it seems to have good potential!

< Message edited by Azan -- 8/5/2015 18:33:31 >
Post #: 37
8/5/2015 22:54:19   
Arachnid

Finally, the first AE game where I am in the Alpha (technically, before the Alpha), and I plan to be a founder.

Ahhhh... Feels good.

Check out my 3D anime art!
Check out my deviantart to follow me!
AQW  Post #: 38
8/6/2015 0:27:54   
Brainux

When I thought that AE wasn't considering a trading system for AQ3D I almost given up on that thought, but now that they are, I think this feature would literally be a game changer. I feel strongly about this. I realized that having a trading system in a game is somehow dangerous when people gets scammed and trade all their valuable items to the scammer for nothing, yes, that would be terrible. But, this single con could/would be avoided if we have a secret four-digit pins whenever we trade to avoid these incidents.

I know it's too early for these ideas, but isn't it the only time we can suggest something so big? Trading systems could help Artix Entertainment financially. It will also ultimately help the game itself, and the community. And here's how:

Trading systems will help Artix Entertainment financially by the community buying in-game currencies, (again, how?) Example, "Oh, this guy is selling his Naval Commander around BattleOn for 12k ACs, I guess I have to buy ACs before it's too late, Naval Commander is so rare!" It helps the game by having a real in-game economy. This is also also how the community improves, the bond between players, we can barter and converse.

We can have a trading capital, it can be a whole server, or just a place every server, or even a room that players decide. Prices can be based by said economy, For example, the most populous server can be the trading capital of AQ3D, people can just say at the town, "Selling Dark Caster for 9,000 ACS, will go for 8,500! Rush!" The rarer the item, the harder it is for you to find and buy. Just imagine. It helps the company, the game, and the players.

< Message edited by Brainux -- 8/6/2015 0:40:03 >
AQW  Post #: 39
8/6/2015 7:08:58   
David the Wanderer
Legendary AK!

Whoops, looks like I am a bit late to the party! But I brought nachos! That makes it good, right? *passes bags of nachos around*

Anyways, really excited for AQ3D. There is a lot of potential for this game, and I am really curious to see what will be done with it. The art style is bright and pleasant to the eye, and the maps are really big (not a lot to do right now with all that space, but I hope in time they will be filled). I also caught word of a forging system, which makes me almost squee like a fangirl, because, well, FORGING SYSTEM! It'll be lots of fun to make your own weapons and armor.

Also, kind of dumb question: The Clawg Minions seem... familiar. Where they featured in another AE game?

@Brainux: I think an "Auction House" of sorts would work better for a trading system hub, rather than a whole area dedicated to it. Maybe each big town (Battleon, Swordhaven, Shadowfall, etc.*) could have its own Auction House.
Of course, direct player-to-player transaction should also be there. Having the option to sell the stuff you created/found either through the Auction House or directly to other players would also be a great incentive to participate in the trading system.
One thing I always wanted to see in an MMO was a "Gift/Mail System", where you can send items and notes to your friends. Like, you have a friend who can't log in for a rare event, and there is an item that he really wants that will only be available during that event. Well, you can just buy it for him and send the item! This could be part of the trading system as well, since it'd help build up the community.

*Falconreach, maybe?

< Message edited by David the Wanderer -- 8/6/2015 10:02:29 >
DF AQW  Post #: 40
8/6/2015 10:14:10   
LyRein

@Above

That feature (gift/mail) is in nearly every MMO..

My hopes for this game are low.
No-one even reads the feedback thread, they've added auto-walk and are sticking with the /join feature as of the latest video..

Why even bother providing feedback?
I play and have played a lot of MMOs, western and eastern, I know what games need and what they don't, through experience.

AQ3D is becoming the generic MMO, which is not a good thing.

I thought AE was trying to make this game unique, stand-out and original.
They're just adding in every cliche in the book..

Post #: 41
8/6/2015 10:17:20   
David the Wanderer
Legendary AK!

@LyRein: Should have worded it better. I mean I like the "Gift" feature, and I am happy to see it in any MMO I play. As I said, being able to give gifts to your fellow players is a great way to build up the community.
DF AQW  Post #: 42
8/6/2015 10:20:43   
LyRein

True, wouldn't be a bad feature, but i've decided to not support this game so I don't know anymore xD

Maybe there could be a trader in Falconreach (WHY NOT) who you can click on to send notes/gifts to a certain player.
We can pretend he goes on an eagle and flies to that player' house

Depending on how hard that item is to get or how good (stats) the item is or it's level the higher the post fee?

< Message edited by LyRein -- 8/6/2015 10:21:20 >
Post #: 43
8/6/2015 10:25:57   
David the Wanderer
Legendary AK!

@LyRein: I think a better way to determine the fee would be basing on how many items you're sending, and/or the level of the items, at the very least because it could be easier to code. I'm not a coder, but I think having the game check an item's stats and "history" (how hard to get it is, if it is a rare item or not) is a bit harder than simply saying "For every level, fee goes up X gold. For every item, fee goes up Y gold".

Also, I would love if the mailman rode on a griffin!
DF AQW  Post #: 44
8/6/2015 10:27:13   
LyRein

@Above

true, and yeah he could be on a griffin thing occasionally getting bumps cause the griffin don't like him lol
Post #: 45
8/6/2015 11:30:22   
Azan

quote:

AQ3D is becoming the generic MMO, which is not a good thing.

I thought AE was trying to make this game unique, stand-out and original.
They're just adding in every cliche in the book..

Something I think is important right now is the fact that the game is still in early Alpha testing. It doesn't have any plot yet except Cysero's placeholder quests, there are only five explorable areas, the game mechanics are still in the most basic state and the most powerful monster of the game is stuck headbanging in tree roots where we can't attack him. xD I think it would be better to wait until the game is fully developed to see if AE is going to bring a twist to your generic MMO.
quote:

Also, I would love if the mailman rode on a griffin!

All of my yes. Though if the mailman rode on a dragon, it'd be very fun too!
Post #: 46
8/6/2015 12:57:54   
LyRein

quote:

Though if the mailman rode on a dragon, it'd be very fun too!

falcon reach tho, if the mailman rode a dragon it'd be dead before we could say: GALANOTH STOP
Post #: 47
8/6/2015 14:19:20   
Brainux

@David the Wanderer, that is a brilliant idea! auction houses, and Falconreach, that place is a perfect place for AQ3D. Although, I think a whole city in a server, or whatever, would contribute more to a community, it's just more realistic and native. People hanging around the city trying to make a sale? It's just more fun than an auction house, but great idea though. Two thumbs-up for Falconreach!

@LyRein, I think adding the gift and trading system wouldn't make this game a "generic" MMO. This game is going to be able to capture thousands of players worldwide with it's vast array of functionalities, we will be able to do that if we spice things up a bit. Artix Entertainment came up with the brilliant idea that this game will come out on iOS and Android devices, the ease of playing whenever. This game can last for years and years if we think of our community. Trading and gifting is fundamental. That's how Runescape got on for so long.

In conclusion, with vast arrays functionalities that is fundamental to games and also its' community, and Artix Entertainment's brilliance of releasing this game on other devices, for example. Not to mention, their updates once in a short while, that no other MMO ever does... this game WILL be untouchable.

Note: People should think of ideas that doesn't just help the community, but the game, and the company that we love. These games built my childhood, I've been a Guardian, a DragonLord, a StarLord, and a Legend. AQ3D is important to me, I plan to be a founder. And we are the community.

< Message edited by Brainux -- 8/6/2015 14:53:44 >
AQW  Post #: 48
8/6/2015 14:47:38   
EliteWarlockz

@ Brainux
I agree. I too would like to see trading.

On another note, I am trying to sign up on my phone because I am on holiday and don't have access to a computer. It says that it has sent the verification email but I haven't received it. And yes I have checked if the email it's correct.
Post #: 49
8/6/2015 14:57:11   
GreenGuy23

I jumped into the game two days ago, and as soon as I was in, it was my (second) favorite AE game of all time! All I can hope for this game is that they stick on this path and don't screw up like AQW and make everything impossible if you don't have friends with you. None of my friends like MMORPGs, so I can't get anywhere in AQW. Please, AE, PLEASE, don't do that. Make it possible to play by yourself. I have such high hopes for the game. But honestly, If I don't get to see Falconreach in 3D sometime, there'll be some issues up in here XD. I do hope they make a DL class once we get into/out of Beta Testing for DL Verification, or at least some kind of shield class.

Also, can someone teach me how to do a front flip every time I jump? I'm finding it quite hard to perfect it.

< Message edited by GreenGuy23 -- 8/6/2015 14:59:12 >

*sigh* back from a break (left around February or so?), been a while.
Forgive my ignorance of recent events, please.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest 3D] >> AdventureQuest 3D General Discussion >> RE: =AQ3D= Discussion Thread
Page 2 of 9«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition