Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQ3D= Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest 3D] >> AdventureQuest 3D General Discussion >> RE: =AQ3D= Discussion Thread
Page 5 of 9«<34567>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/9/2015 14:48:17   
LyRein

@Above

It's mobile that's the problem, they have to dumb down everything so it can work on a mobile device.
If mobile brings them so many limitations why are they still trying to work with it?

That's the part that annoys me.
Post #: 101
8/9/2015 15:05:51   
megakyle777

Because like it or not that's where the money is now.
DF  Post #: 102
8/9/2015 15:31:18   
LyRein

@above

Where'd you get that information, the most financially successful games are on Steam and consoles...
Post #: 103
8/9/2015 15:56:44   
blllaaaaaaaa

quote:

Sorry for saying this ok but AE are noobs at making 3D models as of now. I hope as we progress in testing the game they will make the objects and everything smoother and not jagged. Also I hope they make the armors look shinier.

I actually greatly enjoy the artwork. I feel it's being done from artistic choice rather than lack of ability due to how it fits the art of their other games.
DF  Post #: 104
8/9/2015 17:00:10   
Vypie

True. Just because something is 'Low-Poly' where you can see the edges and stuff, it doesn't mean the models are crap.

Actually, Doing 3D models with less complexity can be even harder, because you have to think where and how to simplify things as to make them less 'heavy', while still making them look good!
The Texture (painting) of the models help create detail and texture where the model is flat, for example. It is an intentional choice.

Take a look at older 3D games, where everything was made with Low-poly models, no smooth edges at all. Even the textures were of lower resolution! Were the artists of those games noobs? It's the core of what 3D models in games are today.
Even today, many 3D artists create high resolution, smooth models of characters, for example, but then they have to simplify them, reducing the amount of polygons, so they can fit in the game.

I actually like to do Low-Poly 3D modeling. Its kind of a challenge to do the best you can under the limitations. :)
Epic  Post #: 105
8/9/2015 17:25:19   
Lord Noonien Soong

quote:

the DF Falcon Fast Travel

@Frogger: Do you mean Falconreach fast travel, or the gryphon the Hero is riding on?

@RKC: Not everything has to be exactly perfect, besides, this game is still is in its beginning stages. Perfectionism might have to be on hold for awhile, though personally the graphics themselves as they are I'm content, it may sound rather simpleton, but just seeing Lore in 3D just makes you want to stare at the screen for hours
DF  Post #: 106
8/9/2015 17:26:14   
Boom u doom

quote:

Where'd you get that information, the most financially successful games are on Steam and consoles...

That's what you think. Professionals have already stated that the market on consoles are nearly saturated, where as mobile games is still growing strongly. Basically console games are like Britain and mobile games are like China. Or you could think of it as Sony vs Apple/Samsung. If AE stay on the old train for too long, AE would end up being just like Sony. In fact AE is already late on the train and had to make sacrifices such laying off Solrac long ago and recently Nulgath.

Quote from Alina:
quote:

To address the point about weekly releases and our web-games: A few years back, we had to make a hard decision to begin focusing on our Omni games - and start shifting resources to those projects. There are several very big upsides to that - two of which are: 1) those projects will not be limited to web browsers and 2) those projects will not be restricted to weekly releases, like our web games are. That has already allowed us to spend more time in the planning, development, and testing stages of our Omni projects - and that is an excellent thing!

Here's the WHY of that decision: Every company needs to evolve with the demands of its industry - and that is what we are in the middle of doing right now. If you do not change - if you do not GROW - then you stagnate and are surpassed. People are shifting to mobile devices - phones and tablets - and away from computers. That's not to say no-one is playing web-games, but to stay competitive, we need to reach those people on the devices they choose to play games on.

< Message edited by Boom u doom -- 8/9/2015 17:28:33 >
AQW  Post #: 107
8/9/2015 17:36:28   
LambO

Looks like some people in-game have found a glitch. Looks like they can duplicate their own characters inside their own, many times, which causes the game to get very laggy. Also, some weird flying white things happen.

Edit: Not sure if you guys are aware, but if you're, people are doing this on purpose.

< Message edited by LambO -- 8/9/2015 17:39:02 >

AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 108
8/9/2015 17:38:34   
Lord Noonien Soong

^Yeah it was also in the tech demo, and Cysero said in his twitter that they're "ironing it out"

< Message edited by Lord Noonien Soong -- 8/9/2015 17:44:11 >
DF  Post #: 109
8/9/2015 18:18:20   
LyRein

quote:

That's what you think. Professionals have already stated that the market on consoles are nearly saturated, where as mobile games is still growing strongly. Basically console games are like Britain and mobile games are like China. Or you could think of it as Sony vs Apple/Samsung. If AE stay on the old train for too long, AE would end up being just like Sony. In fact AE is already late on the train and had to make sacrifices such laying off Solrac long ago and recently Nulgath.

Perhaps on consoles, yes but...

PC still offers better performances and can run console and mobile games, even better than that.
Who are these professionals, where do you get your info?

Steam and PC in general are the most financially successful, you should see the amount of money thrown at PC games.
Mobile may be popular due to easy portable gaming, but is it as widespread and income successful as the PC market? I'd say no.

Mobile still has too many limitations, I don't see any big companies or even indie companies moving to mobile, why are AE? If AE are on the "late train" then nearly all the other gaming companies will be too, so if a majority of the companies who take up the gaming community aren't moving to mobile, I wouldn't say there is a late train at all.

Mobile may overtake the big hardware PC's but that's long from close, as I have stated, mobile still has to portable and easy to carry, otherwise it may as-well just be another console.
Post #: 110
8/9/2015 18:29:49   
Uchiha Sarada
Banned

Lyrein:
quote:

You can read the forum as guest but not reply.
It wouldn't hurt for him to reply to these kind of things would it..

EDIT
If he does read the forums at all he would've mentioned an idea he liked on his twitter, facebook or on one of the videos right..?

If I remember Correctly in the epicduel forums Nightwraith said that they do read players posts but they said that they didnt had time to reply or something, and that they rarely reply but they indeed said that they Read the forums, im sure that cysero reads them.
AQW Epic  Post #: 111
8/10/2015 10:14:14   
LyRein

On the ED forums though, not OMNI..

Anyways, all he really needs to do is mention it on social media or youtube, which he has time for..
Post #: 112
8/10/2015 12:05:54   
Shadowhunt

Can we have a serious discussion about the band in Yulgar's Inn? Because that Trolluk's dancing is going to give some people nightmares.
AQ AQW  Post #: 113
8/10/2015 12:34:54   
LyRein

Can we have a serious discussion about Yulgar's Inn altogether?

The bar-stand looks like you copy and pasted it from AQW, made it 3D and hoped it would work in a bigger environment
There are no people sitting anywhere, talking, having a drink
There is no Yulgar
Why is there a japanese anime girl there?
The band oh my god the band stage looks like you copy and pasted it from AQW as-well, the placement of the stage itself is horrible, the Trolluk's dancing is so cringeworthy

Discuss
Post #: 114
8/10/2015 13:46:19   
Darius

I think that, since the Trolluk in the inn plays the violin, it'd be hilarious to give him some of Lindsey Stirling's dance moves (especially the sexier ones) just to see how many people projectile vomit all over their devices.

EDIT: Omg haha! I killed the thread! Gg me! xD lol

< Message edited by Darius -- 8/11/2015 17:23:53 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 115
8/11/2015 17:42:45   
Ankh

The game runs smooth and fast, I've had no problems with it yet, even tho my Internet connection is really slow.
Also a tip for everyone who shouldn't know this: The sneevils in /join greenguardcave drops the item placeholder. You can stack the item, until your inventory is full, goto cysero and turn it in for 200 gold and 750 exp.
It's the fastest way to get exp and gold if you aren't a group of 5+ players to slay the lv 10 monsters. ;)

What we know is not much. What we don't know is enormous.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 116
8/11/2015 20:48:12   
DarkLore

The game has suffered a few crashes today. odd... JK! I know with how this is Alpha Testing we're meant to break the game like that.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 117
8/13/2015 0:30:32   
Buffy A. Summers

I'm Really Enjoying The Starting Area And The Golden Shoulders Look Fabulous On My Mage.

Looking Forward To Beta.

^_^
AQW Epic  Post #: 118
8/13/2015 11:43:41   
Sanani

Well its funnier than i thought its weird play "static" MMO after so many hours at GW2.
But i like that game so far.
Meow.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 119
8/13/2015 14:57:21   
Takedashi

I am liking the alpha so far. I wonder if trading will be in this game or not?
Post #: 120
8/13/2015 22:59:01   
Gorillo Titan

Alina is doing a 1000 shares get a clawg pet thing on twitter I tried to suggest a 10k shares get a clawg boss pet thats also a battle pet.

< Message edited by Gorillo Titan -- 8/13/2015 23:00:40 >
Post #: 121
8/15/2015 12:11:11   
megakyle777

Just leaving this here from Artix:

quote:

Me: Do you still plan on doing that whole "Cities and stuff can change based on player action" thing for AQ3D?

Artix: Yes... I *REALLY* want that feature NOW. Like you, I have to patiently bite my lip until the core is complete.
DF  Post #: 122
8/15/2015 22:45:27   
Shadows Morgenstern

This is actually kind of fun to be honest. I'm not gonna raise any hopes yet, but it does have potential! Hopefully it doesn't end up like...other ventures...

Your signature has been removed because Photobucket replaced it
with a third-party hosting notice that was too large for the forums.
DF  Post #: 123
8/15/2015 23:24:15   
Feralun

I have somewhat of a suggestion. Since we don't currently have classes and we're currently all using the same skillset, it would be interesting if every few weeks, the global skillset was changed to 4 different skills that are being worked on for future classes. This way, we could work on testing the other skills while waiting on classes to get their own skillsets.
AQW  Post #: 124
8/21/2015 18:35:28   
Vypie

Have you seen the last design notes written by Artix?

He is suggesting we give the Undead Terror a name of his own, due to the memorable moments and frustrations we will never forget.

I am thinking of something along the fact that he always got stuck in trees or rocks, something about him being "rooted" to the ground, unable to move.
So I wanted to find a name which is a corruption of the word.. erm.. "corrupted", while referencing the fact he's always rooted.

"Co-Rooted Bones" or...
"The Co-Rooted One"
Maybe "Hotskull the Co-Rooted" (referencing players raining down fireballs from up the trees, and his hot-headed decisions of following players that always got him stuck!)

Heh, I don't know. It should be a pun, though! :D
Epic  Post #: 125
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest 3D] >> AdventureQuest 3D General Discussion >> RE: =AQ3D= Discussion Thread
Page 5 of 9«<34567>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition