Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQ3D= Feedback Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest 3D] >> AdventureQuest 3D General Discussion >> RE: =AQ3D= Feedback Thread
Page 18 of 30«<1617181920>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/25/2016 9:04:52   
speedmeteor101

Actually now it's opposite of what you thought. It's a most-likely no, but you never know. So they're not planning on it, but it always could happen if necessary.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 426
5/26/2016 18:07:04   
Fallen Crest

@Sky Silver Magician
quote:

Q. Will my Pre-Beta account get wiped/purged like the Alpha/Tech Demo accounts?

This is a possibility, as anything is possible during testing phases, but most likely you will keep all of your progress, items, etc. Your character name is yours to keep! Please keep checking AQ3D.com for updates!

Taken from AQ3D FAQ
AQW  Post #: 427
5/27/2016 12:00:58   
Arthur
How We Roll Winner
Dec14

Cysero tweets.

quote:

Remember that AQ3D is not even in beta yet, and there will very possibly be another character reset for balance & item distro. Just sayin'.

Link to Tweet: https://twitter.com/Cysero/status/736224963401818112
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 428
5/27/2016 13:59:18   
ShadowMoon

on one hand that would be annoying(especially to those who farmed like crazy to get their gold amounts up to the millions), on the other hand it would give people more to do then mindless gold harvesting for a bit
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 429
5/27/2016 14:11:51   
Arthur
How We Roll Winner
Dec14

It'll be a great reward in and of itself if they let our characters keep all the gold even if they wipe our names and inventory.

However, Cysero says it's a character reset so... nope. I don't see an opening. :/
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 430
5/27/2016 19:18:36   
Fallen Crest

It would be stupid to release a 1 million gold item, to erase it later.
AQW  Post #: 431
5/27/2016 22:32:23   
omgGrim

No, it's stupid to have an event (April Fools) to drop a 'rare' item then reset characters after.

Why not just wait for events till after the last character resets. Same with micro-transaction things (but there isn't any in game yet).
AQW  Post #: 432
5/27/2016 23:56:43   
LouisCyphere

They shouldn't focus on releasing content since the game is not technically a game yet. They should focus on game mechanics, questing and bugs.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 433
5/28/2016 1:28:28   
Arthur
How We Roll Winner
Dec14

I guess they were just testing out how each aspect of a weekly release game works. Releases are an important part of AE games too.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 434
5/28/2016 9:40:07   
Fallen Crest

From being a Founder in AE's last few failing games, I can say AE loves to market the heck out of their testing phases. I wouldn't be surprised to see multiple released content during the open-beta phases, as well as micro-transactions.
AQW  Post #: 435
6/1/2016 17:02:28   
speedmeteor101

Is there a hide UI key right now? I thought, in that video about the 200 people in battleon, I saw Cysero even hide his character. I think if there were a 'hide UI' tab in options, that would be fun to play around with, for players who appreciate a more realistic feel, or want to make a cinematic video. So you'd probably have a hotkey like 'num-0' or something that hides/shows UI as well as pressing i for inventory to show UI. But what I think is to make hide UI better, possibly, you could have options to change what it hides. Like only hide health and mana, or only hide the skills pad, etc. I'm pretty sure if we don't have hide UI now, we used to have it at least, and think this would make nicer gameplay for some people. Also, I'd like it if you could hide player nametags as well so that they don't show up until you click on them. Well, it probably isn't completely possible, but I hope you consider part of it! Thanx.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 436
6/7/2016 12:45:02   
Wedge

So far the way the fundamentals have been laid out are good, the art is great, the animations feel relatively fluid and it runs surprisingly well considering how early in development it is. Some things I've noticed so far:

- So far each zone has had similar problems where each of them are just... monster pits? You enter the zone, collect 10 of x and kill 10 y's, then move on, in that sense I feel the zones need to feature quests that have a little more depth. Furthermore it seems like the only places in each zone where you won't be mauled by roaming enemies are the very start and very end with nowhere in between except random nooks and crannies. Also the zones themselves could use some charm, Greenguard south(?) was a great example of a zone with charm (the child v voice ending with the grave was great), this has always been a strong suit of AE's games so I'm sure this'll come given time!

- I've found multiple places where what should be actual walls and backdrops have no collision, specifically in Greenguard Cave, mainly after jumping up terrain; most other scenery seems to function properly.

- Weapons have 0 effect on gameplay, You can basically reach max level (currently) using the starting weapons since they play such a little role.

- Finally, a lot of people have been discussing possible changed to the way the 4 skill system currently works. If weapons had an effect on the way the skills were executed that could add a layer of complexity to the combat which can help make it far less repetitive. For example, axes could cause an AOE effect on some skills while swords could do more single target damage or maybe a debuff etc.

Overall it's a fantastic groundwork for what I hope will be the next big AE hit!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 437
6/9/2016 0:12:03   
popinloopy

I only really have two complaints about AQ3D. First is the lack of gamepad/controller support, which would make playing on a laptop much easier. Second is how hard it is to get gold/xp outside the intro quest. It's going to take ages to get Cysero's Whatever of Generosity, and anything else for that matter if it costs more than 1k gold.

EDIT: As for constructive criticism, I'd like there to be more graphics options to adjust so the game can run a little smoother, though I get if that's not really possible.

< Message edited by popinloopy -- 6/9/2016 3:01:56 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 438
6/9/2016 7:28:32   
David the Wanderer
Legendary AK!

@popinloopy: Gold/Exp gain seems to be related to your level and your enemy's level: a level 5 character defeating a level 8 monster is going to get more Exp than a level 10 character killing the same monster. This will probably get better when we have more areas, and therefore stronger enemies.

Gamepad/controller support seems a good idea for the Steam version! It'd be cool if it could be implemented.
DF AQW  Post #: 439
6/9/2016 19:34:49   
popinloopy

@David
I get this, and that's fine, but as a level 3 I was farming level 10s and it was still rewarding about 14 gold per kill or somesuch, which is a little underwhelming and makes it take forever to get anything done.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 440
6/13/2016 1:07:23   
orc orc orc

The Dungeon feels more like a race to get drops and there is no sense of teamwork. One time someone killed the Bladedog before I could, which pretty much wasted one of my dungeon keys. I hope they improve on this.
Post #: 441
6/13/2016 8:24:42   
David the Wanderer
Legendary AK!

@popinloopy: A rebalancing of the game economy is needed, I agree. But let's also remember that since we're still in testing phase, there are quite a few gold-sink items that probably won't make it into the finished game (or at the very least, will have different price tags).

@orc orc orc: I can't speak for the devs, but they have said that the current dungeon system (getting dropped into an instance with a bunch of strangers) is temporary. The definitive version will include more teamwork, and perhaps even shared drops (this last part is purely speculation on my part).
DF AQW  Post #: 442
6/13/2016 10:12:21   
ShadowMoon

i hope that in the future there will be private rooms so we won't have to deal with the kill sniping & rat races. also the lack of respawn has led to me getting trapped in rooms cause i entered them right as the last person before me cleared out. nothing to kill means no way out & thus energy wasted.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 443
6/23/2016 0:33:20   
orc orc orc

My post from the June 17th DNs thread:
quote:

I like the new dungeon. I like they way it encourages you stick together. I also like how it gives potions a more vital role, and I am pleased by the rewards. Unfortunately, it's also where the aforementioned problems in Barrow Pass become more apparent. The dungeon is in the end a fun but annoying experience.

The main issue it carries from Barrow Pass is that drops do not count for everyone. You miss it, you get nothing. In Barrow Pass, it resulted in players snatching kills. In here, the monsters are a lot tougher which is a slight improvement, but there are still situations where you miss a kill. For example, you die just before a monster has been defeated or you're too late in reaching a certain mob. They're aggravating. They are made worse in the 'kill all monsters' sections or parts with treasure chests. The dungeon feels like a race than a group effort in terms of reward.

It would be nice if the dungeon has a system where all drops/gold/xp accumulated by the players are recorded; players would be rewarded the what they missed at the end of the dungeon. An action of one player would therefore benefit all. This builds a sense of teamwork among players imo, (so long as there are measures to keep exploits at bay, such as not rewarding AFKers and Leechers.) Moreover, the idea of an ultimate reward in the end convinces players to work towards the finishing line. I feel that such a feature may allieviate some frustrating issues players face and make dungeons more enjoyable.

Yes. I am aware for the quintillionth time that the game is still in development. That is why I am giving feedback at the first place. I believe in this game, and I want it to strive. That's why I'll voice out my notions with hopes for the better.

Silly me, I forgot the existence of the Feedback Thread.
Post #: 444
7/28/2016 1:25:45   
megakyle777

Feedback about beta:

I like items being harder to get, but I don't like not knowing how to get them. I reccomend in the crafting shop adding a hover over that says where each crafting peice can be found.

Random Boss Spawns: BAD. IDEA. Or rather, it COULD be a good idea, but not the way it's done now. Rather then have a normal foe spawn and have a boss have a chance, instead have the boss as the normal spawn, and as a Rare Spawn have a harder or cooler boss with a rare item (maybe one of the merge items to save on drops or ensure a garanteed way and a luck way?). This allows players to get the quest done first shot at it, but also incites farming for items. Everyone wins. For example, right now the spawns are Sneevil and King Sneed in Greenguard. INSTEAD, have King Sneed be the normal spawn, and have a bigger, more ornate Emperor Sneed as a rare spawn with a chance at one of the merge crowns.

Add a Permanent XP/Gold Boost option for DC's like in MQ DF and OS. I'm not gonna spend DC on a temp boost but I'd spend emuch more DXC on a forever one.

Also, add the track quest option to each and every quest in the quest GIVER's menu as well as the quest menu. This wil save time and annoyance for player.

Add a Alpha Pirate cape and weapon if possible.

Reduce dungeion key time slightly.

< Message edited by megakyle777 -- 7/28/2016 7:06:03 >
DF  Post #: 445
7/28/2016 6:35:50   
Shiny_Underpants

Okay, since the Closed Beta update I have a couple of issues.
The crafting system is fine, although as @megakyle777 pointed out above, without external knowledge, we don't know where to find the items.

I can't play the game at the moment. It's too complicated, with too many weird farming recipes, for my casual tendencies. It's very similar to AQW- a game I really can't be bothered with.
I don't have time for it to be worth it. I'm a casual player. I have too much other work.

I have no problem with the crafting system, however it shouldn't have replaced the shop system. By the time you've farmed the items, you're already too high level for the item.
Crafting only favors the heavy gamers- casual gamers have nowhere to go. Crafting is time consuming.
Casual gamers are what you want to attract- die-hard gamers develop from casual gamers. I recommend allowing store-bought standard items, and having crafted items 'premium'- high sellback values, and better stats than store-bought items.
Then the game is still playable before you reach the level cap.

Quest reward items would also be nice. You don't really want people farming- the gameplay that's designed to be enjoyable is the quests, not the farming. Reward people for the aspects that are meant to be enjoyable- it's a game, not a job.

The combat system is still clunky, as well as kind of dull. In 3D, you don't need a text popup saying 'Dodge'; you actually can enable dodging.
The combat probably ought to be more integrated. The player has two controls;
Buttons
Movement

At the moment, the combat only uses the buttons. The only way to make it more integrated is to utilize the movement as well. For example, the strafe keys might enable you to dodge attacks.
This way, combat depends on items and skill, rather than just items, as it is at the moment.
Post #: 446
7/28/2016 8:01:49   
RKC

My god after it almost distroyed my CPU I manage to make it work. Anyways I hope we get to keep the 999 pots. As for the armors omg I love it. Cant wait for the mount.
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 447
7/28/2016 12:27:47   
omgGrim

Mobs need to be nerfed but not too nerfed. Players get to Doomwood at around level 6 and they are level 12. It's a lot of Miss and difficult to kill without a group of people. It's like fighting mini bosses.
AQW  Post #: 448
7/28/2016 13:19:25   
fabri17

quote:

You don't really want people farming- the gameplay that's designed to be enjoyable is the quests, not the farming. Reward people for the aspects that are meant to be enjoyable- it's a game, not a job.

I feel like this is one of the most important things to keep in mind. If this is going to be a cross platform game, I don't think people would enjoy grabbing their mobile devices so they can keep grinding forever. It would be nice to have adventure-seeking quests more than farming ones.

< Message edited by fabri17 -- 7/28/2016 19:50:15 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 449
7/29/2016 7:30:29   
Dr.Paradine

Damage seems to be bugged or low In my opinion. Regularly hitting just 2-4 with 5-9 being rather rare. It seems you're trying to make Skills the main damage choice, but if thats the case then adding +Attack stat seems useless.
AQ  Post #: 450
Page:   <<   < prev  16 17 [18] 19 20   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest 3D] >> AdventureQuest 3D General Discussion >> RE: =AQ3D= Feedback Thread
Page 18 of 30«<1617181920>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition