Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQ3D= Suggestions Thread and Rules

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest 3D] >> AdventureQuest 3D General Discussion >> RE: =AQ3D= Suggestions Thread and Rules
Page 13 of 27«<1112131415>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/31/2016 10:58:53   
adammancool1

Anybody think a race system would be a cool feature like in the original adventure quest like maybe at Mogloween you could become a vampire and gain exclusive weapons from that and a werewolf race with exclusive attributes maybe even a were pyre which incorporates attributes from both
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 301
8/31/2016 11:47:16   
fabri17

After reading other suggestions regarding stats and cooldowns, I thought that maybe something like this could work:
Change the global cooldown to an individual cast time for each ability. This would allow stats to come into play. Perhaps some magic skills could be casted faster proportional to the INT stat; and maybe certain swings/trhusts' speed could depend on the STR or AGI stat...

< Message edited by fabri17 -- 8/31/2016 11:48:00 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 302
9/1/2016 6:51:48   
Vypie

The biggest issue I have with the current combat flow is that using skills triggers the global cooldown for auto-attacks too! That means even auto-attacks stop some some time after a skill.

When we use a skill, we are already interrupting the next auto-attack that would happen (although we can avoid this by casting as soon as you last auto-attack goes off, to maximize damage output).
But after that, having to wait without being able to auto-attack or to use another skill feels weird, as the character just stands there doing nothing.

For example, as mage: Sometimes I wonder if its even worth it to cast lighting bolt, wasting a lot of mana, just for that small bit of extra damage.
When you just leave your character auto-attacking, the damage is almost the same. A bit less, of course, but its worth more than the mana you would lose.

The rogues have it way worse. If you want to do your uber poison/kick/stealth/explode combo, you are spamming the skills so much and the global cooldowns are so big, that you never see auto-attacks going off.
This can be intended, but it would feel better to see some extra strikes in between, as rogues would attack more frequently, but in smaller damage numbers.

Anyways, this is just about Global cooldowns not affecting auto-attacks. It just feels better and more fluid (like they have it on WoW, for example).
Epic  Post #: 303
9/25/2016 20:36:51   
Emrys

I have one issue with this game: When you die on mobile, it's extremely hard to click revive because the joystick appears right on top of it. When you die, the joystick should be disabled, it shouldn't pop up at all, because you're dead and don't need to move. This would save me and probably every other mobile user so much time each and every time we die. Please!
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 304
9/30/2016 5:10:49   
Keeper of the Owls

Item trading would be nice.
AQ AQW  Post #: 305
10/2/2016 10:21:12   
alanay

Here is my unfinished suggestion, sorry I usually do pixel art, not digital painting. I'll add some UI in this thread later with a more "professional" look.

Here is what I call Impaled Armour. There are two swords sticking into his shoulders.

http://i.imgur.com/IjyVG06.png
Post #: 306
10/3/2016 7:09:55   
Keeper of the Owls

@above
Just leave it like that and call it Polygon Knight or something.
AQ AQW  Post #: 307
10/3/2016 14:53:28   
alanay

@Keeper of the Owls

HAH! You're right, that would be an awesome name. Polygon Knight.

I'd really like to suggest they edit the female faces. The noses are way too small at the bottom part. Please wide in, it's creepy.

Merged double-post. Please do not double-post, it is considered spam and only clutters the page. Next time use the button to add in any additional information to your post. For more information, please read the =AE= Comprehensive Forum Rules > Posting Behavior. ~Rickyb20

< Message edited by Rickyb20 -- 10/4/2016 22:00:20 >
Post #: 308
10/12/2016 17:54:27   
revan 225

Artix Entertainment,

I have tried both the Steam and Android versions of AQ3D. Steam needs more stability, but my suggestions are for the mobile ports for Android and IOS.

See, I am left handed. I have had to force myself to do everything as a right handed person. This makes it very hard to do anything. Gaming, computing, writing, ect...

My suggestion is to enable a left handed mode. All this would do - for instance, on the Android version - reverse the location of the controls. Make the touch-joy stick on the right, and let the combat buttons and menu panel be on the left. By having an option in the settings that can be checked or unchecked, this would make it easier for people like me; at least while playing the mobile versions.

Sincerely,
Revan 225

< Message edited by revan 225 -- 10/12/2016 17:55:18 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 309
10/13/2016 2:42:23   
LurkBlackSmith

A chain of random teleportation circles that forces you to dance, before you end up somewhere else,except surrounded by a mega ton of aggressive monsters. Next being right by a watch guard surveillance moving around getting arrow,fireball,melee assaulted instantly, while the third location of the teleportation happens to be a safe area,but the chances are very low.

< Message edited by LurkBlackSmith -- 10/13/2016 2:51:22 >
DF  Post #: 310
10/17/2016 2:28:47   
megakyle777

Simple idea: Item tabs for stuff, like helm, travel form, boots, crafting stuff ETC. Seriously i have a ton of stuf to go through now and I'm afraid I will accidently delete something important. I already did it with my AP Belt.
DF  Post #: 311
10/17/2016 17:56:57   
Waztar

Hey there everyone and Artix Entertainment, It's been a while since I've played any AQ games or posted on the forums. After trying out AQ3D, I figured it was time to boot up the old forum account and add my two sense.

First, combat. While I find 4 buttons to be a bit lacking compared to the many MMOs and RPGs currently on the market. I understand you're also trying to cater to the mobile market as well. As such I'd suggest adding combos to add depth to the limited combat system.

Second, Items. Currently the inventory get extremely clustered between equipments, crafting, and junk. May I suggest adding multiple tabs to the inventory so that each ends up in it's own respected loot window.

Third, Classes. AQ games have always had the problem of bloating the game with way more classes than they can balance properly. As a result, new classes always overpower the older ones. While I'd like to make a plea to keep the game simple with only a very limited number of classes. I know that won't happen. What I can suggest is rather than just making each class it's own, follow more along the Final Fantasy Job archetype. Each class and be leveled to unlock a new more powerful class. Specific class combos can unlock higher tier classes. As an example for the Warrior. Leveling the Warrior class would unlock Berserker or Guardian jobs. Each is a type of Warrior class but more defined. One a damage dealer, the other a tank. Leveling both of those, would unlock a Warlord class which is a stronger combo of the two. And so on for each of the classes. This will add a more linear progression to classes as well as better explain the power creep that happens as more and more refined classes are added.

Forth, Talents. Right now there's no real reward for leveling up. While I have seen people suggest talent trees, a branch would be more appropriate. For example with the Warrior again, at level two you can change your auto attack to have a higher crit, or cause the enemy to bleed. At four, you can pick between a longer daze for less damage, or more damage for a shorter daze on Vorpal Strike. At six, you can choose to have Rending Cut deal more damage but a weaker debuff, or a stronger debuff for less damage. At eight you can pick between whirlwind pulling in enemies, or knocking them away. At level 10 you can pick between War Cry further boosting your attack, or boosting your attack and hp. These changes would essential work towards furthering the classes role from one type to another. As with Warrior the talent choices would lean him more tank or damage depending on which way you go.

These are just some small suggestions I could name off after playing for a few hours yesterday. I'll be happy to add more if I come across them.

Edit: Okay, So I've made it to Doomwood and I wanted to talk about the leveling.

Leveling / Questing: Right now, there's a huge lack of variety in the quests. If you're going to hide most of grind behind kill quests, change the color and scale of the monsters throughout the zone make the illusion of there being more with less if you have to. The level jump from Greenguard, to the Caverns, to Doomwood is noticeable. Many of the monsters do not scale well as finishing all the quests in one zone leaves you under leveled when starting the next zone. This is alleviated when there are multiple players as monsters health does not scale to the amount of players attacking them. But, solo this can be incredibly frustrating. My overall suggestions for questing and leveling would be this, add more variety to the quests and monster types. Fake the different monster types if you have to by changing scale and color. Games have been doing that for years. Next the quests need to either give more exp to have you be at zone level once completing a zone and starting the next one. Or reduce the next zone to meet current leveling exp curve. Monsters hp should scale with the amount of players attacking them, keeping large group of players from overwhelming mobs.

< Message edited by Waztar -- 10/18/2016 20:21:37 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 312
10/20/2016 1:26:52   
cuchi

im get items like Macgyved gloves and grampyīs leather boots you donīt get money for sell it, maybe for items what you can buy for 8 gold can sell for the half or less of half.
Post #: 313
10/20/2016 5:59:57   
LouisCyphere

Just started playing the Open Beta in my phone (android), so far my only concern in the mobile port is the lack of a "pick up" drops button.
Instead of picking up the loot, I accidentally swipe the screen so I rotated the camera.
Maybe add a button for it next to the targeting button?

Additional suggestions
>A rest button
>a shortcut bar where we can place items or a mount button

< Message edited by LouisCyphere -- 10/20/2016 6:05:04 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 314
10/20/2016 6:16:52   
megakyle777

Guys... please, please PLEASE make it so you cannot dodge or miss your heal. That has screwed me over so many times I've lost count AND I AM GETTING SICK OF IT! DX
DF  Post #: 315
10/20/2016 21:42:17   
cuchi

Maybe can put transfigurations, like diablo 3, wow, or wildstar for example.

tranfigurations im mean: You can put the decoration of chracaters what people can see but itīs not equiped for stats

Emotes, like sit, dance, etc.
Post #: 316
10/20/2016 21:49:08   
fabri17

With keybinding pretty much confirmed, maybe add additional mobility options like sprint (for a certain duration and with cooldown or something) and jump forward/backward/to the side.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 317
10/21/2016 19:14:44   
Ryuusei

In this type of game, having more levelable skills keep players interested! You could have two skills that affect your damage and bonus to hit for melee(strength and dexterity) and two more that do the same thing for magic-based classes(intellect and focus).

Runescape-style quests would be nice too! Where you have to travel and piece together the story, instead of just textbox style quests telling you to kill seven of a monster then return. Maybe you could do some for a main storyline!

Another thing that would keep players coming back is an upgradeable weapon system. It would be awesome for each weapon to come with 4 gem slots, then you could have gems that add bth, hit, crit, and crit power. An element system on weapons would be fun too, so you have to switch weapons depending on what area you're in. Maybe consider having gems as a drop from a dungeon full of non-aggressive bosses, so players have to group up and fight their way through.

Another big component of MMO's is trading! Maybe introduce a very rare currency as a drop, that can be used to upgrade armor and give you a very small defense buff. Then allow weapons and armor to be traded for this currency. Maybe introduce a way to buy the currency for a very large amount of gold. Allowing the currency to be bought for real world money would cheapen this a bit

And last of all, i'd like to see a rare dungeon that you can only get into from a universal, super rare key drop. You can make the dungeon easy enough to solo and award players a rare piece of armor or a weapon exclusive to that dungeon.

Keep up the good work, the game is coming along great so far!!
Post #: 318
10/22/2016 11:47:06   
mickio1

I know that races have never been a thing in the AQ games but considering this is a brand new game with a big steam release and its 2016 i really hope they add other playable races. The AQ universe has quite a lot of unique monsters and not a lot is directly ripped from the monster manual however i think that if they want some more mass appeal extra customization would be awesome and playable races would add more diversity to the look of players.

Although im pretty sure the reason why is animation and models wich are a pain to deal with if theres too many races.
Post #: 319
10/23/2016 3:36:39   
HumanCentipede

Level limits in dungeons should be implemented. It's frustrating, having two very low level players join the dungeon and have me do all the work.
Post #: 320
10/23/2016 13:09:54   
talker12

Races actually have been a thing in AQ games, mickio1. They had races in Warpforce: You could be Drakel or Elf. Some of my favorite parts of early AdventureQuest included races: Werepyre, Vampire, Werewolf, etc. Also I think you could make the argument that the job system in Mechquest is essentially races: Pizza Delivery, Ghost Hunter, Werewolf, etc.
MQ  Post #: 321
10/23/2016 15:53:00   
omgGrim

Give us a hotbar. Having to open the Use GUI is annoying and blocks an important part of your screen (aka the skills cooldown).
AQW  Post #: 322
10/23/2016 18:22:10   
Agravicvoid

Ok, first off, great job with AQ3d!

Ok, so one thing I noticed is that there is no minimum level to enter dungeons. Because a party is limited to 3 people, sometimes I've run into the issue where someone level 3 shows up in a level 12 dungeon looking to level up fast, rendering the party one person short. If a dungeon has monsters averaging level 12, perhaps add a minimum level, like 10+, so that the party doesn't die because one new player wants to level up "easy" by playing in zones meant for higher level players.

A second thing is that I feel that the leveling takes too long at certain levels. The zones don't follow each other well enough. If a player runs through every quest and every dungeon, they should be really close to the. next zone level. Farming for items is one thing, having to farm for XP for hours to still not be high enough level for the next zone is painful.

Just my two cents! Thanks for the awesome game!
Post #: 323
10/24/2016 8:20:01   
Latias007

Absolutely agreed with Agravicvoid. Even grind-heavy MMO games have you doing both quests and monster fighting simultaneously. Even if it doesn't necessarily shorten the time for leveling, it certainly makes things more interesting! I therefore see this as two problems:

1. It takes too long to level up. This is possibly excusable because this is just the Beta stage and you don't want people leveling up too fast, as well as the fact that there's limited content in the game so the content on a per-level basis is extremely sparse.

2. Quests can feel a bit unrewarding. This very well might be be because there are absolutely no item rewards (other than Grampy's Boots!), and so you don't feel inclined to complete the quests. Give us some value to them past Gold and Exp. Better yet, give us some sort of progress meter to turn quests into a sort of collectible!

After you complete all the quests in an area it feels dull because all that's left to do is to grind against mobs. It would be extremely nice for repeatable quests (possibly a randomised or looped selection) to automatically pop up and turn themselves in as you go around doing things in a map.

Some added suggestions:

1. With item crafting, I dislike needing to:
A) Figure out that a material is a vendor-purchased item
B) Figuring out where to find that vendor-purchased item
C) Ensure that I purchase exactly the right amount of the item (requiring that I go back and forth between the screens), lest I waste gold.
- imo, for the legitimate convenience of the player, crafting stuff like this should just be more costly. Or maybe an auto-buy for the materials, idk. I just really don't like this system.

2. Death in a party. After killing a boss, everyone who participated in the fight should receive the loot and the players who tanked and died as a result (but ensured the success of the boss kill) should be revived. I suggest something simple like 'whenever a boss dies, players nearby are revived'.

3. Dungeons. I really love the idea behind them, however they're a bit mishandled.
- It is *way* too easy to be unable to progress. It should not take a good party to be able to complete a dungeon. However, a good party should feel rewarding / satisfying because it should really smooth the dungeon experience.
- In general they are too difficult. This is a compounded issue with the fact that dead players don't get loot or rewards! It is extremely detrimental to teamwork.
- Their loot doesn't feel very connected to the dungeon. I'm not sure how to improve this.

Please do not double-post, it is considered spam and only clutters the page. Next time use the button to add in any additional information to your post. If you do accidentally make an extra post then use the button to delete that extra post.
For more information, please read the =AE= Comprehensive Forum Rules > Posting . ~Gingkage

< Message edited by Gingkage -- 10/24/2016 10:51:44 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 324
10/24/2016 17:19:47   
PaladinKell

My suggestions:

1) Maybe we can have a feature where a player can wear the base armor of one class while having the skillset of another, e.g. wearing the Mage Robes with warrior skills. This could give players at least a little more freedom to look whatever they want without being forced to use the corresponding class armor's skills. Plus this is because I want to grind and farm enemies more easily with the warrior skills and don't want to sacrifice my stylish mage appearance. (My thoughts on the mage appearance is just my personal opinion, nothing big.)

2) Also, it'd be helpful to get a detailed description of a status effect when you hover over it on a character's or enemy's HP bar. It would save a lot of guesswork figuring out what an effect like Daze does for people new to the game.

3) There could be a Show/Hide button on equipment when you're checking your inventory, like in Dragonfable.

4) This may be planned from what I read in the AQ3D news, but I still wish you could carry the stats from one item to another so you don't have to sacrifice your character's appearance. Probably give it a cost depending on the stats, level, and rarity of the two items being merged too.

5) Bad start this November was caused by a player in one of the dungeons I was in to lure the monsters toward me. I barely escaped with my life, but it helped me realize that there are bad players who undermine the experience of honest ones to feel better about themselves. I say to try to reduce this behavior in combat situations the aggro of the monster should only be directed towards the last person who *attacked* it, not the nearest person it sees when it loses track of the attacker. That way, the honest players don't get hit with a surprise that someone set up for them.

6) More music! Each area should have its own distinct feel, and the game should have a larger, high-quality soundtrack overall. I know AE is very busy, so it'll take a while for Ghost to brainstorm some good audio ideas. Maybe make contests where players submit their own music, and the finalists get a moderate Dragon Crystal prize.

7) The animation effects of all the class skills and status effects can be spruced and tinkered too. My ideas: flame residue on mages' hands who have cast a fireball, slight burning effect on monsters hit by a fireball, light sparkles from casting a magic shockwave, orange glow for players affected by War Cry. I'm not saying to go over-the-top, but to add minor eye candy that will go a long way.

8) Have submission contests for weapon, hairstyle, and armor ideas. It'll add more of a sense of community, and the game might see a new design that wouldn't have gotten in otherwise!

< Message edited by PaladinKell -- 11/17/2016 18:17:56 >
DF  Post #: 325
Page:   <<   < prev  11 12 [13] 14 15   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest 3D] >> AdventureQuest 3D General Discussion >> RE: =AQ3D= Suggestions Thread and Rules
Page 13 of 27«<1112131415>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition