Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQ3D= Suggestions Thread and Rules

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest 3D] >> AdventureQuest 3D General Discussion >> RE: =AQ3D= Suggestions Thread and Rules
Page 15 of 27«<1314151617>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/13/2016 3:40:08   
Amethystlock

Just some random thinking, you'll see I'm mashing some games together here; since armors are purely cosmetic, how about an armor closet for these soon-to-be-overflowing-everywhere-in-my-inventory-but-regrettably-can't-wear-all-at-once cosmetics that will show its contents on your character page? This will incite people(collectors) into getting all the cosmetics in the game that they normally wouldn't get, and it's like the economy of AQ3D being boosted up as old chars help new players with their quests while the old chars get items for crafting recipes. Even though the old and the new chars may've come for different purposes, they're still helping each other. Yay economy and cosmetics being more brag-gy and appreciated. The rarer cosmetics will get people more excited, but please, I beg you, a great story to tell behind the cosmetic armor! Grinding mindlessly...want not......the hurt
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 351
11/13/2016 5:48:14   
Dusekkar

Raids would be pretty cool. Basically just larger dungeons with stronger enemies, requiring 6+ players to complete. They'd offer the best gear in the game.
Post #: 352
11/13/2016 17:04:34   
lordmastersupreme

Transmogrification would be a very good thing to be added to the game. I need it haha. the looks are important too
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 353
11/14/2016 23:57:29   
Amethystlock

Something I've always wanted, for the time when AQ3D armors change facial features, is to choose face + expressions. It'll help people find their favorite look and definitely still use their favorite armor/clothes.

I like the Stonecrusher's face. http://aqwwiki.wikidot.com/stonecrusher-merge We need evil smiles. Expressions for every occasion, being much more unique and quirky. ^^
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 354
11/15/2016 13:47:36   
MrFederico

Hello all.

I wanted to tell what in my humble opinion the game desperately need right now.
It needs social features urgently. Currently, the community is very dispersed.

I think the next step should be Guilds and Guild's chat (important). It doesn't need to have a specific purpose right now. But it gather people in a group, and that's very important. Later we can have more guild's features but it's a needed first step in my opinion.

Thanks for reading
Post #: 355
11/15/2016 15:11:59   
Lord Santa

Deal with your nice suggestions,! I'm sure someday they will release it in the 2nd update. Stay tuned :D

Signature removed. Please do not use your signature in this thread. ~Rickyb20

< Message edited by Rickyb20 -- 11/16/2016 9:16:57 >
Post #: 356
11/15/2016 15:55:42   
overdead

Why isn't this forum starting a new thread for each design note like in AQW? I would love that so we can talk about each DN/release in a specific thread. If the problem is that the major threads will get bumped to 2nd page, then just sticky these major threads so they'll always stay at the top.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 357
11/15/2016 17:12:59   
General

Suggestion for inventory expansion:

Bag Slot Initial Upgrade: (Suggestion)
The first column is the incremental increase in bag size.
Free Players:(normal size 30 slots)
35-1000g
40-2500g
45-5000g
50-10000g
55-20000g
60-40000g
65-80000g
70-120000g
75-160000g
80-200000g
Total gold-638500

Guardians:(normal size 60 slots)
65-1000g
70-2500g
75-5000g
80-10000g
85-20000g
90-40000g
95-80000g
100-120000g
105-160000g
110-200000g
Total gold-638500

Kickstarters:(normal size 80 slots)
85-1000g
90-2500g
95-5000g
100-10000g
105-20000g
110-40000g
115-80000g
120-120000g
125-160000g
130-200000g
Total gold-638500

Additional slots could also be purchased with dragon coins at Aritx Entertainment's discretion.

< Message edited by General -- 11/15/2016 17:19:24 >
Post #: 358
11/15/2016 21:19:33   
overdead

@^: Sorry to disappoint you but in all AE games, they never sold bank/storage spaces for gold. It's always for special currency (dragon crystal) bought with rl money. And I highly doubt they would change the system here. I hope I'm wrong though.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 359
11/15/2016 21:39:53   
*Nova*

@^
Considering how this game wants to focus on crafting for everything. It would be great if there were more than one way to increase your bagspace apart from having to turn towards special currency.
DF MQ  Post #: 360
11/15/2016 23:43:05   
overdead

Indeed. I agree with you. But I'm guessing they'll increase the default bag space one more time and then charge everything else to DCs.

< Message edited by overdead -- 11/15/2016 23:44:19 >
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 361
11/16/2016 8:19:18   
Amethystlock

Please let us create parties in dungeons, so everyone can get experience and drops. I found the necrohen after 169 tries, but my cutscene loaded longer than normal and my group killed it. My hype for trying again... *gags**shudders*. I'm going to take a vacation. A long one.

Lesson learned, don't obsess over rare things, they will be everywhere. Enjoy the ride, take what it gives you, simple pleasures. (farm feelings: xOx) The skulltower happens to be the place to get the most gold tho, and takes only a few minutes, so what the heck \(*´▽`*)/ play casually, play up the surprise, can't be disappointed.

< Message edited by Amethystlock -- 11/16/2016 15:56:36 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 362
11/21/2016 2:21:09   
Hackk

I have been hunting this Vorah Dagger from the Acevorah monster for days and still no luck. While I have met people who got it on the first day. Is it like unfair? I spent days and others got it for just a couple of hours. I suggest this game to use the Pseudo Random Number Distribution Mechanic which is from Warcraft III. This mechanic from Warcraft III just makes percentage based skills or drops to be fair. In this way the chance will increase for everytime the crit or drop won't happen. Its just a suggestion. Hoping that you can do something with this issue. Thanks.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 363
11/21/2016 17:50:29   
Amethystlock

I hint that Hero's Backpack shows up as it has twice before, it would help make OCD people not feel overly crushed about missing guardian surprises, spending much extra for much less, inspire more would-be guardians. Only a hint!

< Message edited by Amethystlock -- 11/21/2016 18:01:33 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 364
11/22/2016 0:01:44   
Fallen Crest

How about this:

Every "FARMABLE" drop shows up in the crafting shop. Every monster that has a farmable drop also drops a crafting item for that 10%, 5%, 1% etc. drop. After a certain number of kills without a drop, you can then use these crafting items for the drop you've been unlucky with. If you get lucky, then you don't have to farm any further!
AQW  Post #: 365
11/22/2016 1:45:33   
Amethystlock

Items that're RNG god-given have that feeling of missable, making it more thrilling to find. Of course, this creates two dangerous elements; greed and envy.

http://dragonfable.wikia.com/wiki/Greed,_the_Corrupted_Elemental_Spirit_of_Greed OMG that look of GREED<

http://dragonfable.wikia.com/wiki/Envy,_the_Corrupted_Elemental_Spirit_of_Envy Envy is a little more chill, emphasis on little.

Greed. A common term in Adventure DarkSouls Quest 3D (Refer to AQ3D News). Greed means trying to get more hits than you normally would, usually ending up with you getting knocked off your feet or thrown like a ragdoll. This is kind of like what happens to many people in AQ3D who farm.

Envy. Sometimes given to people who're finished with their boss/drop early through luck.

The/A SOLUTION (solutions to this are a popular topic on this suggestion page I see); To end people's dreadful misgivings and loss of hopes/desires after hours (that happen after hours it's so punny) and low-sleep nights, is to stop the flow at its source; not encourage hours of farming every night/day, it's not good for anybody's health.. Which can be done by, for a limited amount of time each day, softly-and-lightly increasing the chance. %1 chance? For a little while, from one certain time until another (maybe lasting 30 minutes more or less, a healthy amount), the odds are increased a little, maybe 3%.

You see Epicduel and Aqw influences here; Epicduel because when there's a boost, a huge gathering of people come together to try to kill you help you, and in AQW the Runes for the Blade of Awe are increased from 0.1% to 0.3% when battling Tibicenas, a hard-core boss with an AT-TRAC-TIVE armordrop. I believe this is the third solution on this page, gonna check, but see what it does to people!

Extreme side note: Oversized sweaters for Christmas? Yes, please! Ridiculously so. Like Velma's. A room full of people like that, it's like a sleepover in a ski lodge. Oh, and glasses. Large squarish and tinted blue.this is too obvious. I'd still love it.

< Message edited by Amethystlock -- 11/22/2016 6:11:58 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 366
11/25/2016 10:18:02   
Hackk

How about include this game to Steam Workshop. It increases the progress for this game and also give talented players a chance to create their own Cosmetic Items for the game. If its only possible, because I don't really know how do other games team up with the workshop.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 367
11/28/2016 17:10:23   
Amethystlock

Sometimes Lore slips between the gloss of tech realities and medieval, example being the StemWARE OS Computer for all players in AQW. How much tech side will we see because i'm always up/down for more.same meaning. Brightly/dimly lit-up lighting systems of fluorescent style (incandescent for homey/fake type homey feeling), LEDs from LCD screens of all shapes and sizes and angles and purposes, corridors of tech-y living quarters and feats of engineering and biomedical practices(atmosphere and expression-full vibes tells an untold unstory), little memorabilia that brings us back to our time. My kind of place.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 368
11/28/2016 23:33:00   
Phlynch

Right now if you hit something and it dies you get loot. This makes sense and is perfectly reasonable in most cases, but there are a few where some looser rules would be appreciated.

First, Bosses.

Few things are more discouraging that taking on a boss with a large group, and then dying moment's before it did. So now you get no reward for the thing you just nearly killed, and to ad insult to injury the group that killed it with you probably disbanded so now you have to kill it on your own.

The solution here is easy, make boss monsters remember tags even if the person dies, only dropping the tag if it leaves combat.

Second, dungeons.

When you are in a dungeon you are supposed to be facing threats as a group, but in this game it doesn't feel like it. Because the normal tagging rules apply in a dungeon I'm not cooperating with other players to clear the dungeon, I'm competing against them to tag every little thing.

And if tagging everything gets us all killed, that is still preferable to not getting the tag and letting something die without me getting the loot.

This solution isn't so easy. Ideally you would just have all monsters in dungeons tagged automatically when you enter, so you get the tag for anything that dies while you are in the group. But this could cause some issues with people who AFK at the entrance leaving the team one player short and still getting all the loot and XP.

To fix this you would need some way to manually eject players who aren't pulling their weight.

Just a few thoughts on how to make the game a bit less stressful and grouping more fun.
Post #: 369
11/29/2016 0:06:49   
Congrazi

I 100% agree with you about boss tagging where if you tag a boss it remembers the tag unless the boss leaves combat.
Along with this though I don't think normal enemies should act that way just bosses.

When it comes to dungeons I agree it does feel like a competition right now to tag everything, but I don't think the fix for that is making everything auto tagged.
Making everything auto tagged would as you said make joining a dungeon just to AFK a possibility.

I think the fix we need for that sort of thing is a way to party up outside of dungeons with the ability to go into a dungeon as a group, and then if someone in your party tags an enemy you should also get the tag on it.
The big issue with that though is then you can purposely carry people through dungeons, but I think that is a better alternative than rewarding AFKers. You can practically carry people through dungeons with the current system anyways.

< Message edited by Congrazi -- 11/29/2016 0:07:58 >
Post #: 370
11/29/2016 22:46:31   
Phlynch

quote:

I 100% agree with you about boss tagging where if you tag a boss it remembers the tag unless the boss leaves combat.
Along with this though I don't think normal enemies should act that way just bosses.

When it comes to dungeons I agree it does feel like a competition right now to tag everything, but I don't think the fix for that is making everything auto tagged.
Making everything auto tagged would as you said make joining a dungeon just to AFK a possibility.

I think the fix we need for that sort of thing is a way to party up outside of dungeons with the ability to go into a dungeon as a group, and then if someone in your party tags an enemy you should also get the tag on it.
The big issue with that though is then you can purposely carry people through dungeons, but I think that is a better alternative than rewarding AFKers. You can practically carry people through dungeons with the current system anyways.

The thing is there are already people AFK in dungeons rendering the team one blade short, often making the boss unkillable. So we need a way to kick those kind of people out anyways.
Post #: 371
11/30/2016 6:36:26   
Ninjaty

I do like the suggestions mentioned here, but taking into account behavior that compromises the overall objectives of the party is difficult for a completely automated system, so I believe a voting system is indeed the best approach when it comes to that. The auto tagging idea, as you mentioned, serves to also help leechers, which in my opinions makes this option a definitive "no". The idea of bosses remembering you is not a bad idea.

I have actually already proposed a kicking system, which would work like this:
If a person is behaving in a way that contradicts the overall goals of the rest of the party, a person in the party can start a vote on the individual. Behavior that a vote can be started against includes:
  • Leeching (expecting others to carry you through the dungeon, rather than you being an asset to the party)
  • Being AFK or distracted in a way that compromises or slows the party
  • Not sticking with your party and going rogue (like leaving party members behind to follow your own agenda)

If the majority of the party votes against the problematic individual, that individual will be immediately ejected from the instance, and will be unable to join any instance of that map again for a duration of time (like say, 10 minutes), in order to prevent them from just jumping back in.

If a person is ejected several times in this manner (like say 5), within 24 hours, they will automatically receive a small ban (24 - 48 hours). If this behavior repeats when the ban is lifted, more extreme measures could be enforced.

< Message edited by Ninjaty -- 11/30/2016 6:41:44 >
  • Post #: 372
    11/30/2016 6:41:46   
    Phlynch

quote:

If the majority of the party votes against the problematic individual, that individual will be immediately ejected from the instance, and will be unable to join any instance of that map again for a duration of time (like say, 10 minutes), in order to prevent them from just jumping back in.

I don't think this will be necessary, the wasted key would probably be enough punishment.

Also you have to consider that with this system it would be possible for people who haven't done anything wrong to be kicked, so too harsh of a punishment could give the people doing the kicking more power for abuse than the people doing nothing.
    Post #: 373
    11/30/2016 6:44:39   
    Ninjaty

I highly doubt the lost key is punishment enough, as I have already witnessed individuals going to extreme lengths to avoid doing work. In one instance, my friends and I (who made up 4/5 of the party) had to stop progressing through a dungeon for an hour, just to protest against a leeching individual in that dungeon. If they are not prevented from just jumping straight back in, they will certainly do so in order to continue whatever they are progressing towards.

A short duration where one cannot re-join a dungeon isn't all that bad, and my following proposed ban is certainly worse. You are simply given time to reflect on your behavior, and in case you still cannot behave well afterwards, will just face the same consequences again. The idea is also to let another player join the party, while the person with the bad behavior is prevented from joining right back in, to hopefully restore the party.

< Message edited by Ninjaty -- 11/30/2016 7:22:06 >
    Post #: 374
    12/3/2016 2:37:06   
    shinriokhie

I see this game lacks a lot of "interface" and simple game mechanics.
    I believe "AE" needs to focus on improving "gameplay" first before "Designs" and "pretty items" to attain broad player base.

Here's my "Quickfix" suggestion for the game: (or My Top 10 List of Top 10 Lists!!! )

1. Add Hotkey for Loot. > Default Key: E
    2. Set "Auto-Run Hotkey" to > Default Key: R
    3. Reduce "Input Lag" = Reduce Stress.
    4. Add "Character Interface" YAY! > Default Key: C
    5. Add "Quest Hotkey". > Default Key: Q
    6. Add "Travel" Hotkey". > Default Key: T
    7. Improve Inventory.
    8. Add Vault NPC.
    9. Add Map/Mini-Map.
    10. Add Party/Clan System.

Currently, The Game is great with all it's Glory. But you just need to improve "Gameplay" to make it less "stressful" and make it more "interactive". You just need to implement those s

Also, The Classes are not balanced. Warriors should be tanky with Average damage. Mage should be "painful" but fragile. Same with "Rogue" but rouge should be fast without AoE spell. As for Guardians, "Guardians" should be healers/buffers with avg dmg and AoE spells.

And... maybe you can bring Archer Class to the PARTY!!!

But wait... there's more! You should rather change the "Summon Friends" mechanic into "Summon Party" spell for Mage.

That's all folks! Thank you.

< Message edited by shinriokhie -- 12/3/2016 3:56:51 >
    Post #: 375
    Page:   <<   < prev  13 14 [15] 16 17   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest 3D] >> AdventureQuest 3D General Discussion >> RE: =AQ3D= Suggestions Thread and Rules
    Page 15 of 27«<1314151617>»
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition