Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AK= All Classes Discussion Thread IX

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =AK= All Classes Discussion Thread IX
Page 12 of 18«<1011121314>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/1/2017 12:56:59   
Baron Dante

Well, as I expected, having 3 SnugglePanda against pretty much any single enemy (Which, of course, is really limited since you can't often summon others) is unstoppable, since it has an unresisted, low cooldown stun.
So low that 3 of them can have an endless loop.

Was it worth getting two extras for like, 150$?
Always yes.

But really, the unstoppable stun is so, SO good. Even though the other skills are useful on their own right, I think this is really the thing that makes it shine so brightly, as the only class with a 100% reliable stun. Doesn't hurt that even if it wasn't unavoidable, it'd still be pretty good in it's own right (Though in that case, being single hit would be a small downside)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 276
1/1/2017 13:20:21   
Solanaceae
Legendary Nightshade

@pumloo: Ragsrun was mentioned to be tied down by school and other stuff, so Nina's art revamp was delayed. But that was quite a while ago, so I don't know what's going on now.

@Corverous: No word besides that there's one more skill coming along with a final balance sweep.

@Baron Dante: Yeah, that's what I'd figured. SnugglePanda is ridiculously good because of that stun. At least there are still some fights that can't be cheesed like that, namely the triple Merged Akriloth fights that Verly made, but this strategy is so foolproof against single bosses that I feel kind of dirty for using it. If there's one disadvantage of SnugglePanda, it's that all of the attacks hit only once, meaning that on-hit weapons suffer. Not like you really need it, but it's nice having an additional DoT on your enemy or some other neat effect. I guess that since SP has a pretty weak offense after you use the DoT and nukes, you could mess around with weapons that modify the Attack button, like the Blade of Destiny or weapons of Aww.
DF  Post #: 277
1/1/2017 15:28:02   
Baron Dante

Well, while it is true you can't just cheese the triple Merged Akriloth with JUST the stun, well...
the triple Akriloth was exactly why I wanted/needed a triple SnugglePanda.
It is doable, thanks to the stun, the DragonKnight gear, and the ultimate move that gives the enemy -100 Boost... and the fact that you can sort of manipulate him to do certain things.

Now that you mention it, Attack Button specials would be pretty good with it though.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 278
1/1/2017 15:54:18   
Solanaceae
Legendary Nightshade

Oh, really? Well, at least it needs more preparation to do than just using the stun in an orderly fashion.

As far as Attack specials go, there doesn't seem to be anything else worth using besides the Vanilla Ice Katana/Frozen Claymore, NSoD, and the Hamster set.
DF  Post #: 279
1/1/2017 16:08:01   
Baron Dante

It certainly takes a bit more effort to get going, since you pretty much need to stun all the Akriloths, and before the stun wears off, you need to beat the smaller ones, after which you can stall out against the main one with the 3 uses of the Ultimate move until you get the stun back. I'm not sure if it's doable without Plushie Escherion, reasonably speaking (Since it doesn't actually increase your damage, you could just get lucky. Maybe focusing on Crit-heavy gear, or maybe Pet Dragon could work too, but oh well)

Well, unless you're showing them over other elements, there are some options to further consider, like the Void scythe from one of the LQS (That's 500% when it activates?)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 280
1/2/2017 6:12:28   
Shiny_Underpants

quote:

~original: @Sakurai the Cursed
Well, having to make 17 posts tying to explain and clarify a point is excessive

Yeah... who would possibly do that?

Jokes aside, I basically gave up trying to work out how stats work ages ago. I just use a few rules of thumb (which works for my end all fights ASAP build). More knowledge on stats would be appreciated. And it would help me end all fights ASAP...
Post #: 281
1/2/2017 11:41:16   
Samirasaid

So I come across this post, to talk about the Alexander class, I would very much like to know why he is so weak from attacks, lack of skills like defense, stun, or regeneration of mana or health. I do not think it's really cool, and I would really like to add new skills and also more quests in Swordhaven, it also has no cool items to customize it, not to mention that we can only evolve to level 15. Actually the Df team could give a little more Of attention to this special character, and sometimes I get tired of playing with my main character and I go to play with the new characters I've created more is not as cool as Alexander, I'm fascinated with the powers of ice that Alexander Dominates, and a fact that could help would be to change the skills, Frost'Ra and Ice atack, to change element of the weapon that is equipped, so when the enemy is of ice the powers of the bar can be all of fire, this as to the Gun for fire and so on
DF  Post #: 282
1/18/2017 20:21:29   
Vaalirus

Like the subject asks, I'm curious as to what classes you guys are currently using for the war. Do you play a class that makes all the fights go as quickly as possible no matter what or are you playing with whatever looks cool or perhaps you like to switch up between waves here and there for a little flare? Whatever the case I'd love to here what you guys use.
DF  Post #: 283
1/18/2017 20:26:17   
Lord Vodek

In past wars I usually used Ranger because I loved it's theme. Now I am learning more about optimization in DF and would have to respec every time I switched to or from Ranger. Currently I use Doom Knight because it is efficient but I also love other classes (Death Knight and Dragonlord come to mind immediately). When I am not in a war I cycle between Death Knight, Dragonlord, Icebound Rev, Kathool Adept and Technomancer.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 284
1/18/2017 20:29:43   
FoundHorizon

Ascendant is my go-to class in general, and it's what I've been primarily using for the war. It's probably not the most optimal choice, but I've grown very comfortable with it and I think it looks nice.
Every so often, I'll also play a bit as Necromancer or Death Knight for ironic purposes.

< Message edited by FoundHorizon -- 1/18/2017 20:30:31 >
Post #: 285
1/18/2017 20:33:15   
Dark Lord Urmi

when i war doomknight, normally basic soulweaver with artifact.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 286
1/18/2017 20:39:30   
Strength

Atm I'm using Shadow Warrior, because that's what I always use. I'm not optimizing for damage because I'm using cata-tank. :P

Shadow Warrior is Best Warrior!

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgabmote5Nwv0GJ4QWfYGfQ

http://www.dragonfable.com/df-chardetail.asp?id=22405731

https://twitter.com/StrengthDf
DF  Post #: 287
1/18/2017 20:40:23   
LouisCyphere

For wars, DoomKnight to cheese through waves.
Most of the time, Paladin since it has its new art.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 288
1/18/2017 20:43:01   
Kazixixixix

One of the SoulWeavers usually (based purely on how i feel that day) but i might start Death Knight soon.
Also i try to aboid my Doom Knight as muchh as possible
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 289
1/18/2017 20:43:35   
David the Wanderer
Legendary AK!

Merged a thread titled "So I was wondering what classes are you guys using at the moment" here to avoid cluttering the boards.

< Message edited by David the Wanderer -- 1/18/2017 20:45:24 >
DF AQW  Post #: 290
1/18/2017 21:24:06   
Lady Akuaui

So, I have at least one of each basic and I noticed that the arms of the basic female rogue is OUT OF THE SOCKET AND POSITIONED UP, ABOUT SLIGHTLY ABOVE THE SHOULDER. It annoying to look at and it irks me to no end, can someone on the team fix that? Sure, I can switch out to other armor but what about the ftp that log in to that every time, has to drive them nuts when fighting.

Box Kitty can you look into fixing that visually irking misplacement and a side note, the retro armors are broken it seems. Might want to check that as well.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 291
1/31/2017 13:40:36   
Winters Key

Noticed that we don't have an Archivist armour discussion thread, so I figured i'd post this here:

Any ideas as to when we'll get the Archivist Armour in the armour closet? Thanks!
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 292
2/6/2017 14:01:14   
Greldracion

From Andlu:
quote:

So, Tomix just told me that archivist will get a skill based on Caitiff and that he's gonna work on it over his break

So, in light of this information, what do you think could improve Archivist?

My two cents:

I believe only 2 (maybe 3) things need to be done to make this class more viable. If it's possible, the last skill should be a blind/boost nerf to help add a little more defense to the class. Xan's Madness (the boost) should have its' cooldown reduced to 7 turns so that it falls in line better with Wargoth's Wrath and Ash's skill, as these are generally the skills used in most normal fights. Finally, I believe Celestia's skill can be nerfed a little as even 5-10% health on attack can be enough to meet any emergency health needs. This way, the skill can also be more readily available as a defensive move.

Side note: not sure if this is a bug or intentional, but while under the effects of the Ultimate Orb skill, status effects don't decrease, so you can extend most of these skills past their 6 turns to about 9-12.

< Message edited by Greldracion -- 2/6/2017 14:02:41 >
AQ  Post #: 293
2/6/2017 14:05:52   
requiem.exe

quote:

What do you think could improve Archivist?

Make the cooldowns reset between battles. Its my one sticking point with the class.
AQ DF  Post #: 294
2/6/2017 14:30:53   
Greldracion

^The only problem with that, requiem, is that the class could actually lose effectiveness. Verly would then have to decide whether to increase All the cooldowns, which would hinder the class offensively and defensively. Or, Verly could reduce the cooldowns And effect durations, which means you basically have 1-2 turns only to deal a good amount of damage, and then you're stuck waiting for cooldowns and zilch for damage. At best, for the latter, you could keep 1 effect going for 5-6 turns instead of what you can do now with the class and keep 2-4 skills going for 8-10 turns.
AQ  Post #: 295
2/6/2017 14:35:19   
requiem.exe

Or you could change literally nothing other than the persistent cooldowns. That would leave the class ok against mobs but strong vs bosses, and there's nothing wrong with that. It would be like the Ascendant in terms of boss stopping power, but a tad worse at dealing with mobs.
AQ DF  Post #: 296
2/6/2017 14:53:00   
Greldracion

Except for the fact that the effects are what make this class truly effective in the first place. If cooldowns didn't roll over, you could 1 "turn" every mob in the game, waltz over all bosses (if the new skill becomes a blind), and generally be the most powerful class in the game. And you wouldn't need to worry about mana since for 30 MP you deal 600% damage, 60 MP gets you 800-1050% damage and 80 MP gets you 1240% damage! That seems just a smidge bit broken to me man.

< Message edited by Greldracion -- 2/6/2017 14:56:24 >
AQ  Post #: 297
2/10/2017 12:19:49   
garrigaisaac

Hi how do you like the stye of the archivist class look on the girl or guy im trying to see what one should i give it to halp
DF  Post #: 298
2/10/2017 12:47:32   
99th Dracopyre

After a very long break, I'm incredibly happy to see the revamp for the older classes.
Some of my favorites are Paladin, Death Knight, and Guardian. The Paladin class especially. I mean wow, what a class.

~D99
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 299
2/10/2017 13:42:32   
Greldracion

Personally, Garrigaisaac, I'd say if you want an adventurer look, have Archivist on a male character. If you want more of a loremaster or custodian look, have archivist on a female character if that is what you mean.

@D99

Welcome back man! What exactly do you like about the new paladin?
AQ  Post #: 300
Page:   <<   < prev  10 11 [12] 13 14   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =AK= All Classes Discussion Thread IX
Page 12 of 18«<1011121314>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition