Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= January 14th, 2015 - Central Station War!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= January 14th, 2015 - Central Station War!
Page 2 of 5<12345>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/20/2016 7:33:05   
Silver Sky Magician

^

Interesting, will ask the devs if it's feasible.
Post #: 26
1/21/2016 5:18:03   
SouL Prisoner

Thnx. I really hope it's feasible, because it would definitely help. :)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 27
1/22/2016 13:30:24   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

Think I'll participate in this, but I'm gonna need a serious build change.. If I can remember a good one that is, probably stick to 5 focus and hope for the best.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 28
1/22/2016 14:10:12   
Lord Machaar

http://puu.sh/mFAKQ/38bc9693cc.jpg

That was pretty quick. At least open the shop till the war starts, piling them up will only make the difference bigger at the beginning of the war, which is not good for the sake of it. But well, devs seems to like their system, we can't really do much about it.

I'm not planning to participate in this war, but I might give it a try for the sake of my overall influence, especially when war rallies take place.
MQ Epic  Post #: 29
1/22/2016 14:22:02   
Mother1

@ Lord machaar

We don't even know what side we are going to be on seeing as the staff never mentioned who was on what side, so those people who are stockpiling could very well be stockpiling the wrong bomb which in turn will cost them money in the long run.
Epic  Post #: 30
1/22/2016 14:58:10   
SonicTbear

This is just sad. The Exiles are spending money to win a war. You'd expect the Legion to do that. Either that, or everyone who's an Exile assumes they're evil when the villains are Legion, not the Exiles, who are heroes.

< Message edited by SonicTbear -- 1/22/2016 18:02:48 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 31
1/22/2016 21:46:14   
The berserker killer

Well the problem isn't necessarily that exile spends a lot, its just that legion has no people. Now that alignment switching is free to the side with the lowest numbers, there's a perfect way to balance out the sides and make everything fair again.

quote:

To be honest, devs, I would really like for you guys to consider making the dailys for each alignment different. What I mean by this is that WD, 1v1, 2v2 and Jugg championships/dailys wont be awarded to just the faction with the most wins or influence that day. Instead it would be awarded to both the top legion and exile factions of that day .

Why you ask? Well players mainly like 1 thing more than anything and that 1 thing is called "winning". A player would choose to win over any thing else which is why so many players want to become exile. We have the heavy spenders and, in war, only 1 side can be rewarded with the war prize. So follow a long with me for 1 minute.

By making those rewards go to the top legion and exile factions, instead of just 1, there are 2 chances to win the daily or WD: Legion and Exile. In its current state exile top wins are an average of 1400 1v1s and 380 2v2s (jug is a different story since theres not really a challenge there).

But for Legion? The highest legion fac wins you're going to see, for now at least until this idea is implemented, is an average of only 300 1v1 wins, about 100 2v2s and, once again, jug is a different story.

So what'll happen then? Well players love winning. If it is that easy for any legion faction to win 1v1 or 2v2, plenty of players would switch in no time to "abuse" this feature.

Almost done. So Players switch over, create a legion faction, get all happy with winning daily legion championships back to back and before you know it more and more players switch over. This feature will, undoubtedly balance out the sides.

IMO its practically perfect.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 32
1/23/2016 4:15:15   
8x

I just realized that the date in the title of this thread is wrong. (It's 2016)
Epic  Post #: 33
1/23/2016 4:51:16   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

Looking at the leaderboard in central station last night/early this morning, Exiles were near enough as half/two thirds as much points ahead over Legion.

Either they're extremely dedicated or Legion was sleeping.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 34
1/23/2016 6:44:55   
SouL Prisoner

@8x

Mistake everyone makes/repeats every new year.

Anyway.. Talk about repeating things, I got back to 2v2 and guess what?? Well got a nice little surprise... that you get every war. http://prntscr.com/9tqbgv

Mann.. Didn't we discuss this like the last war and i think it was fixed?? idk...

< Message edited by SouL Prisoner -- 1/23/2016 6:46:26 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 35
1/23/2016 6:50:25   
Lord Machaar

@Digi
Or due to reasons I already mentioned in post #3 and #8 of mine.
I already said, no need to launch the war. Just give exiles the win alongside the war prize. Instead of wasting a whole war or nothing. At least, some more serious balance changes could have been tested in this war, so the next cycle of wars could have a good start. Instead they chose to launch this war to make more legion players change to exile, so in the end, nothing will work. Absolutely nothing, 0 changes will have an effect.

But what can we do, the devs love their system, and they find it an optimal one for this war. We can't really do much about it.
MQ Epic  Post #: 36
1/23/2016 7:03:30   
SouL Prisoner

Any player i try to add to my faction, *ops, he/she not in legion* ............... Wow....
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 37
1/23/2016 19:09:04   
Buffy A. Summers

Early On, It Seems The Pace Of This New War Area Is Going To Take Awhile, Which Is A Great Thing.

Many Of The Previous Wars Ended All Too Soon, Usually In 6-8 Days. I Like The Idea Of A War Taking A Few Weeks... An Epic Grind Of Sorts To Make It Feel Like A Real Important Event.

So Far So Good.

Good Luck To All The Duelists And Factions Going For Their Glory!

~ Buffy

AQW Epic  Post #: 38
1/23/2016 21:13:30   
ambien

great boring war again well legion like l am again will get beat due exile cash hogs bomb buying again and the 7 to 1 exile players vs legion players. l am just going for 5k in pts then farming war is a very sad way to say boys we have nothing new for ed again.
its is the truth always has been. anyway fight exile win fast ok buy lots of varium bombs plz. X no one cares about the war really l think you see that by now X who cares any more

my thoughts on this
always the syfy

< Message edited by ambien -- 1/23/2016 21:18:20 >
Post #: 39
1/23/2016 21:53:57   
Mother1

@ Buffy

With the wars the longer you take the shorter the next war will be and visa versa. meaning if we finish too fast the next war is tougher, and if we take too long it will make it easier. That was exactly why the staff had to do an 'assist' with the barrens war due to the war before it finishing way too quick.
Epic  Post #: 40
1/23/2016 22:44:48   
Zeruphantom

Another one-sided war... Great.

I'm mostly just playing for personal influence here. Farming so I can get Celtic Cleaver when it returns, too.

Thank you for 1K subs! <3

AQ Epic  Post #: 41
1/24/2016 0:26:40   
Lord Machaar

The sad thing is that they nerfed the war rally. How genuis this system could get? Increase a drop chance? Really? A chance is a chance, it depends on luck, you can play for the whole rally war hour and get absolutely nothing. War rally served better the losing side when it increased damage directly, it is not a chance, it is a direct push to the losing side. This is sad, really sad. If next war cycle will incorporate balance changes that will make the war even worst, just don't release it, you are just resulting in more players leaving.

I suggested counting Influence gained through cross-alignement battles only, and not same alignment battles (counts towards personal influence only), but this suggestion is not getting implemented because it wasn't said by a staff member, basically now, exile players are fighting each other, gaining or buying war bombs, in a win-win war. This is really absurd.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 1/24/2016 0:32:11 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 42
1/24/2016 15:17:02   
dfo99

i don't see any problem with the actual war rally
Post #: 43
1/24/2016 15:46:33   
The berserker killer

Man I counted and it seems like im averaging 1 bomb per 15 matches. This sucks. I cant be asked to spend 2k credits on war commanders just for 10 of them. Seriously just bring back INfluence per battle with the bombs and have influence boosters (like xp/cred boosters) for varium
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 44
1/24/2016 18:13:50   
Lord Machaar

quote:

Are you even a legion player?
MQ Epic  Post #: 45
1/25/2016 1:17:36   
SouL Prisoner

quote:

Not unless you're on Legion side.

ED is like a dead leopard. Dev's know they cannot bring it back to life, so they might as well make some money out of it... by selling it's parts... Who cares there' balance or not. Players are still buying crap load of varium just to increase few numbers in their record and feel happy about it.

A suggestion to make this war a bit less pointless. Compensate Legion at the end of the war for their hard work, before the remaining players leave Legion and joins Exile.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 46
1/25/2016 1:24:52   
Silver Sky Magician

^

Participants of both sides get the same number of credits and tokens based on their influence. The only difference between the Legion and Exile prizes is at the 5,000 influence tier, with the winner gaining a special war prize (e.g. an armour/vehicle/house item/weapon etc.) in addition to the 10,000 credits and 10 arcade tokens, while the loser only gains the 10,000 credits and 10 arcade tokens.

This also means that, on a personal level, it doesn't matter if your alignment wins or loses if you don't make it to the 5,000 influence tier.
Post #: 47
1/25/2016 1:44:46   
SouL Prisoner

@SSM

Every player that is fighting in this war has only 1 goal in mind, at least to make it to 5k(Other than newbies) So you can expect many players getting 5k, but no bonus prize. Now if don't play, it's obvious you don't care who wins and who gets what.... No point of making that point.. It's about players who will be trying their hardest but still loses because of numbers and players with tons of cash.

For once can't there be a fair match/war?? I mean players with cash get's the edge and Dev's are well aware of that, that it's affecting the balance. If money is all that matters, then why did they make almost all items credit optional?? They could have made so much cash instead they ruined it for the players with cash. I mean what was the point of all this??

What?? Dev's not in mod of playing it fair now, huh??

You know why Frysteland war was fun and better than any other war?? Even though it was ruled by money bags.... It was because players could farm NPC. You got no cash, no prob... Just kill as many NPCs as you can. You weren't forced to fight unfair, unbalanced fights with other players.

< Message edited by SouL Prisoner -- 1/25/2016 1:46:51 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 48
1/25/2016 5:49:14   
Lord Machaar

quote:

ED is like a dead leopard. Dev's know they cannot bring it back to life, so they might as well make some money out of it... by selling it's parts... Who cares there' balance or not.

Lmao someone said it. I've done almost 600 wins in the last 3 days, I got almost 25k influence by using 50 - 60 war commanders.
On the other side, we have a player who used some varium to get 30k influence in 5 minutes.
3 days and 5 mins.
600 wins and 0 wins.
50 - 60 war commanders and 0.
And on top of that, war rally gets nerfed.
Almost 1.5 million in difference in the first 3 days.
They don't really care about if the game survives, they are just sucking the last pennies from the game, it's all planned, since the beginning.

Where is Therril Oreb? Pls, wi ned air suport. http://puu.sh/mGyuU/f89013275e.jpg

I think you see the big picture here, the player I'm talking about is merely a level 20, but well, congratulations, the gifting event, and now the war, I guess biobeasts will be well funded.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 1/25/2016 6:17:00 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 49
1/25/2016 6:11:56   
Therril Oreb
Legendary AdventureGuide!

As I have stated here: http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=22097724
The developers have been made aware of the higher overall chances in the game. But it was weekend for them as well so today being the first workday, they can have a look at it.
Other changes have been brought up to them as well, but the ones made last week were the only ones they could do on a short notice.
We will be able to say more once more is known.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= January 14th, 2015 - Central Station War!
Page 2 of 5<12345>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition