Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Epic Duel Problems and Solutions

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Epic Duel Problems and Solutions
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/10/2016 7:34:38   
Front45

Hallo. Nowadays Epic Duel has many problems. so much

1. let start about boring. about having same items. everyone uses infernal android robot, and because of that it is op robot, and reason is that it has energy and physical attack both, plus it is op because when i am changing my robot and enemy has Infernal Android, i am losing. solution is that change energy version damage from 120% to 110%. it can damage about 500-550, which is incredible and op item.

2. boring also when you see everyone has azrael's gun. solution is that topic http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=22127618 with 1 warm-up 100%, because it is op gun now in 2 vs 2

3. mercenary class. my suggestion is that change static smash improve with technology instead of strength. give it 3 cool down. and hybrid armor make 3 turns instead of 4

4. blood mage energy parasite is weak also. as i guess it Drains a % of target's current Energy for 2 turns. Caster gains 1.5x the amount drained. and max stealing 20% current energy. my suggestion is that or change caster gains 2x the amount drained, or max stealing increase 25% instead of 20%

5. also boring classes, which main energy skills cool down is 4. solution is that topic http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=22126617

6. main problem of Epic Duel is balance. as i said many times, there will not be any balance, until there are ranks. just no matter change something. ranks are bad even for high rank players, because example bane.hall0w said that his percentage win is 90%. that also boring always win. we don't need 90% vs 10% battles. we need 50%-50% battles. solution is delete ranks and do what i said up. because now 1 vs 1 is dead. you are losing without a chance if you meet high rank player

7. what about legendary bosses when ranks will be deleted? it's ok. decrease their power a little bit and make playable with ally 2 vs 1

8. what about juggernaut battles? i think play as juggernaut is impossible, because there is no big different in 40 lvl and in 33 lvl, i mean in points. and problem is that there is sometimes 33 lvl and 31 lvl, which is impossible win for juggs, solution is that make lower levels in juggernaut battles. i mean 30 level and 28 level example

9. maybe you think, after delete ranks game will be stopped? no. i think solution is raise cap level by 2 point in every 1 year. i mean this year will be 42 level, next year 44 and etc. in my opinion there not be any problem raise level cap. just there will be 2 skill points and 6 or 8 more stats points which just increases robot damage

10. strength tech mages are very strong. solution is steal them assimilation. i suggest make that skill usable only with staff, not with sword as now are

11. also i think 2 vs 2 most op build is dexterity bounty hunter, they getting fastest wins, which also damaging balance, solution is that decrease power of dexterity points. just in 2 vs 2 focus 5 build is useless, because of dex bounty hunters.

12. let me say, delta-omega players never had old rare items. because of that many players was hacked, reason is that they wanted those items. i think ED Team one day must write topic in design notes about returning all rare weapons, but for 2 weeks or for 1 month. just because "We" never had old items and wanna own them

Thanks for read for listen, i think this is the best solution ever for return people, for make good balance, for play epic duel our game. just we need another game, different from this

Thanks,
Mrs. Lazarus
Epic Duel active player

< Message edited by Front45 -- 5/10/2016 7:51:37 >
Post #: 1
5/10/2016 8:33:44   
Satafou

Can you give all these posts about things everyone disagrees with a rest? You already know everyone's response to your question, as you've posted them about 20 times in the past year.

Simply put, the answer to all your questions is "no".
Post #: 2
5/10/2016 10:27:17   
The berserker killer

@Satafou the idea behind your reply might be right, but everyone deserves respect and to respond to a fellow player on these threads in such a way is vile and toxic to the community. He deserves to have his word heard just as much as any of us. It is not what you're saying that is wrong, it is how you are saying it. Such display of blatant disrespect to other players is whats driving people away from forums, ED, and on to other games where the community is much less hostile. Please start re-wording yourself more appropriately. For the future of the forums, if there even is one.

@OP: I understand what you're saying but to be quite frank us, the players, have said all we can say. It is up to the devs to start making the actual changes and they seem to be too busy at the moment.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 3
5/10/2016 12:03:54   
GodOfTechno

1. Bug bot, hawk, and bio bot that remove defences and take away skills are also alternatives. 2. I have stated before cores should be accessible in a shop and put into a desired gun. 8. I beat level 40 juggs easily with my level 33 all day. 10. And 11. My support tech mage beats all classes. 12. Yes they should have all weapons and cores accessible to the public. 3,4,5,6. I made a suggestion of making one class that has all the powers. 7,9. Im a pvp player.

< Message edited by GodOfTechno -- 5/10/2016 12:20:57 >
Epic  Post #: 4
5/10/2016 12:04:49   
8x

So, Front45's in-game name is Mrs. Lazarus?
Epic  Post #: 5
5/10/2016 12:25:18   
GodOfTechno

Im glad these issues are being brought up and all on the same page so we can all add
quote:

Constructive Criticism

What is it?
Constructive criticism is being able to process and offer your
own thoughts and opinions in order to give courteous and
friendly feedback. This is done by explaining what you like
and dislike, while at the same time providing feedback that is
useful. This is what separates constructive feedback from
ranting/complaining and flaming.

Does it help? How?
Yes! Constructive criticism helps because not only are you
giving feedback about what you don't like about a quest/event, but you're also giving feedback about what you DID
like in the quest. Feedback could include on such topics as
statistics, more dialogue, more explanatory cutscenes, more
fights - everything that quests or events would normally
include. This gives the game staff a better idea on future
improvements.

Example of Constructive Criticism:
"I didn't partularly like this war because it felt too empty. To
have made it better, I think the staff could have had a50%
cutscene to unlock rather than just a shop to progress the
storyline. As it was, I personally was a little dissapointed that
this war felt more rushed than previous wars, however I do
understand that the staff had a lot on their plate when
making this release.
That said, I greatly enjoyed the boss fight, the animations
and art fit perfectly with the song that was playing in the
background. So while not one of the best wars DF have done,
Istill enjoyed it. Thank you, DF staff!"

Example of Unconstructive Criticism:
"I didn't like this war at all. What were the staff thinking? The
items in the shop were ugly, overpriced and were bugged!!
No cutscene? That was never done before and it is not how it
should be done ever. Seriously, doesn't the staff ever listen
to us?! The boss fight was too hard and took forever to beat :
( And there was no sound. I dont think the staff even care
anymore. Best war ever /sarcasm I hate this game D:<!"

< Message edited by GodOfTechno -- 5/10/2016 12:26:34 >
Epic  Post #: 6
5/10/2016 13:32:22   
8x

@GodOfTechno
If that quote is for me, I'm not giving any constructive criticism because Front45 keeps making threads like this. I've already said everything I was going to say. There is no point in being like Front45 and constantly rewriting the same things over and over. It's just a waste of time.
Epic  Post #: 7
5/10/2016 14:47:17   
Lord Machaar

Already asked for the AKs to make a sticky post to answer most common questions. Like this one:
quote:

12. let me say, delta-omega players never had old rare items. because of that many players was hacked, reason is that they wanted those items. i think ED Team one day must write topic in design notes about returning all rare weapons, but for 2 weeks or for 1 month. just because "We" never had old items and wanna own them

This very same question was answered by Charfade, and she confirmed on the behalf of the devs team, that the answer is "No", for various reasons.

So I don't think the answer would be any different now. There were suggestions to bring mocking versions of rare items. That's the only feasible suggestion. Other than that, I will see you soon my friend on the next similar post of yours.
MQ Epic  Post #: 8
5/10/2016 14:52:42   
The berserker killer

Even so, it's always nice to be constructive. Even if you have to blatantly say, at times, "hey man, you've been writing the same thing over and over again but I do see where you are coming from". If you can't write that, and you don't have anything nice or constructive to say, it's better to not say anything at all. Negative comments with no constructive criticism can be interpreted as bullying in some way/shape or form.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 9
5/10/2016 15:04:01   
Lord Machaar

quote:

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein.

This quote can be re-adapted to deal with the same situation.
quote:

Retardation: Writing the same thing over and over again and expecting different answers.

My quote on the AEF.

I would gladly reply if the posts written, are written in a different manner and shape, taking consideration of past criticism received by other members, thus bending the suggestion to bypass such critics and bring something new, for the community to answer to.
You are basically asking everybody to answer differently each time the very same post with the very same words being posted and posted again. My problem? They only clutter the forums, and hide much important/serious things to discuss, as 90% of the suggestions/posts right now are recycled stuff.

I wouldn't really blame you, nor Front45, the weird forums rules allow this, and AKs are really good at banning/warning and locking threads instead of actually making the forums a better place, like:
quote:

Already asked for the AKs to make a sticky post to answer most common questions.

No one would be doing any work, just simply quoting some of the devs' reponses, and attaching them to a sort of "2016 ED Q&As - Front45 Edition" post. This would do the community a huge favor.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 5/10/2016 15:11:02 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 10
5/10/2016 15:08:37   
Satafou

Sometimes you have to say things more firmly to get the point across. In this case, Front45 has remade this post on several occasions. His numerous complaints have already been heard by not only most forum users but also by the devs in which front45 has received an answer for them.

There really is no point constantly remaking threads, it's as if he thinks everyone has forgotten about his previous posts...

What is the point of even giving constructive feedback if he's just going to spam the same post again in the next few weeks or so? Not to mention you aren't a dev on the forums, it isn't really your place to tell people how they should and how they shouldn't give feedback. At the end of the day feedback is feedback. Good or bad, sometimes if you let people question for themselves how their work or performance was bad, it is enough to let them figure out on their own how to improve, rather than being spoon-fed. As previously mentioned I'm sure front45 has received lots of constructive feedback, although due to his spamming of these questions, it's evident that he doesn't take that constructive feedback into consideration.
Post #: 11
5/10/2016 16:08:00   
8x

How is anyone supposed to take him seriously with ridiculous statements like the one quoted below?
quote:

let me say, delta-omega players never had old rare items. because of that many players was hacked, reason is that they wanted those items.
Epic  Post #: 12
5/10/2016 16:22:11   
The berserker killer

All I'm asking is for you guys to just respect everyone, regardless of their statements. Do feel free to educate him in a constructive and positive manner about why his statements are "ridiculous", even if they are repetitive. Negative comments do not help anyone and, in fact, they make us (the users and members of forums) seem like children who are incompetent and incapable of having a serious discussion without being watched over by a parent (AK). For the sake of the game, even if it's already shot down, just have patience and respect for everyone on here.

And do remember, if it isn't nice just don't say it.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 13
5/10/2016 17:42:25   
8x

quote:

let me say, delta-omega players never had old rare items. because of that many players was hacked, reason is that they wanted those items.

Would you be so kind, to let us know how you know that is the reason behind "hacking" of player accounts? By "hacking", I assume you are talking about "scamming". Those are two very different things. Don't you think that players with old rares would be more aware of the scammers, since they have been playing the game longer (and thus wouldn't fall for the scamming attempts of the delta-omega players)?. Your most recent excuse to bring back the rares, seems to be the scamming of "many players". Surely, there must be better ways of preventing scamming?

@The berserker killer
Happy now? Or am I still being too negative?
Epic  Post #: 14
5/10/2016 18:12:13   
The berserker killer

I feel as if that was helpful to him. It really is helpful
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 15
5/10/2016 18:56:52   
  Exploding Penguin

1. Nerf might be appropriate but at 110% I don't think it will have enough impact compared to other bot specials.
2. Yes, 1-turn warmup is definitely needed IMO and buffing other sidearm cores to be more on par with azrael's will would be a great thing to do so we get more variety in PvP. There's no real way to nerf Azrael's will beyond this without making it just an awful core because of too little damage or too high energy costs.
3. There's some discussion about mercenary's energy flow control and I'm more of an advocate for the idea of making their skills a lot more economic and only giving a minor buff to static smash. It brings a bit more unique flavor to the class compared to others.
4. Point of this skill is to force your opponent to have to burn all their energy soon or get severely punished for it. IDK how well it works in higher ranks right now to fulfill this purpose but it seems okay to me right now
5. We should steer away from changes that make all the classes similar and instead capitalize on making them unique. There can be better fixes to equalizing energy skills that have CD3 and CD4 that aren't just making the cooldowns the same. Just needs some more time to figure out how that can happen but it most certainly is possible and a much better answer to the problem.
6. Yes ranks are bad we know.
8. Juggernaut itself just needs a whole rework because it's gone way out of the scope of playability. Maybe it needs to give extra stats to the juggernaut or something to make them more like a "boss" rather than just a higher-level player.
9. If they want to give more skill points to people they need to add more skills to the skill tree or increase the amount of skill points which can be invested into each skill.
10. The problem with this is that the class has way too many skills that already require a staff. I'd rather the energy steal scales with something that isn't strength instead.
11. Dexterity has already been smashed by the nerf hammer a ton of times in the past. If it wasn't super OP before the series of nerfs then I'm pretty sure it isn't now.
12. I've said it several times and I'll say it again: We don't always get what we want. In this case, it isn't fair to other players who were promised that the rares stay as rare items when they were first offered. I've sold my promos on accident before like the gamma bot and I just dealt with it. I don't have it anymore, oh well. I'd really love it but I'm not going to ask the devs to break promises or bend their back a little extra just for me because of my own mistake that I made.

< Message edited by Exploding Penguin -- 5/10/2016 18:58:06 >
Epic  Post #: 16
5/11/2016 14:24:01   
Mr. Delector

No, rare items will not return just because you didn't grab them. The reason for this is that it would be extremely unfair to the people who have played this game for a long time and actually grabbed the rares, spending money on them.

< Message edited by Mr. Delector -- 5/11/2016 14:26:14 >
Epic  Post #: 17
5/11/2016 14:39:04   
Front45

Thanks all for replies, but look i don't understand one thing

pyro fly was also rare and now it is available as seasonal rare item credits
azrael's items was buyable only for varium, now for credits too
2014 year february 28 was available for buy eggzooka and energy eggzooka
blood hawk car was available to buy with varium, and in december it was as gift
dread items, frozen items, hawk sword and etc items also was available to buy only with varium, now it is available credits

these facts happened and there is nothing bad. someone will buy item with high credits, someone with money variums

you must talk about that everyone is playing with same items: azrael's gun, infernal android, endless armor, dread or frozen aux... 2 vs 2 almost all are dexterity bounty hunter
Post #: 18
5/11/2016 15:58:25   
8x

quote:

This was a bad decision on devs' side which caused a lot of players to be extremely unhappy. And this is exactly why rares shouldn't be brought back. (If I remember correctly, after this, they decided to stop messing with rares)

quote:

They said that during the first year of each promotional items' release, they would be available in the varium pack. Then, next year, those items would be available for a purchase with credits. Probably the same with what you call "dread items, frozen items, hawk sword".

quote:

Only Egzooka. It was an unintentional mistake on the devs' part and they dealt with their mistake very poorly. It caused an extreme uproar. Another great example why rares shouldn't and don't get brought back.

quote:

I wasn't around for this, but I'd be willing to wager it was another one of those decisions that devs make without thinking about them first. (They probably just wanted to give everyone a chance to get a really cool item and they were too busy to design something new for the event.) Besides, it's just a seasonal-rare.

Side note, making something available for varium only and later giving free players a chance to get it (through credits or something else), is completely different as bringing back permanent rares.

quote:

but look i don't understand one thing

Do you understand now? No?

< Message edited by 8x -- 5/11/2016 16:01:33 >
Epic  Post #: 19
5/11/2016 16:46:56   
Optimise

Hello,

I am just popping by to address a few questions and concerns from some people here as I think there are a few misinterpretations and misunderstandings in this discussion. In advance, I would like to emphasise that it is not my intention to harm nor flame anyone. I would also like to point out that most of us on the ED forums are aware of the forum's rules and especially how to post seeing as most of us here are experienced - but nevertheless we are all very much welcomed to see that there are individuals who are always reviewing and linking/quoting to the rules before creating a post.

I do not intend to encourage anyone here to start flaming or of the sort, but am rather discouraging those who are currently behaving inappropriately and talking nonsense. The main intention of this post is to address the concerns of The beserker killer, GodOfTechno, and a few others who are quite deluded by the concept of constructive criticism. It certainly is not proper etiquette to resort to personal attacks on the forums, and as such I hope no one takes my post (below) personally.

I would like to provide a brief understanding of what constructive criticism actually is. Constructive criticism can be provided in the form of an opinion, so opinions nor facts should be disregarded in discussions. Opinion begets opinion. In this case, Front45's opinion on EpicDuel's current situation begot others' opinion on the topic. I am not saying that everything he/she has said is mere opinion, there are also facts. Suggestions and such can and usually do derive from your own beliefs and judgement (of the game) which then bring about discussions. I concur that constructive criticism is needed in order to improve the discussion going on in a thread, however I believe that some have a misconception of what constructive criticism actually is.

quote:

• What is it?
    Constructive criticism is being able to process and offer your own thoughts and opinions in order to give courteous and friendly feedback. This is done by explaining what you like and dislike, while at the same time providing feedback that is useful. This is what separates constructive feedback from ranting/complaining and flaming.

• This quote is taken from the forum rules, which can be found stickied on the ED GD board. In no way do the rules imply that we are obliged to provide an alternative or suggest changes to a suggestion/discussion, etc... Constructive criticism can be given in a way so that it highlights the pros and cons of the topic but it does not necessitate you to actually provide both in order to positively contribute towards a discussion. Pointing out negative aspects of something can positively effect the discussion, as that is what creates a discussion; negative versus positive, and we then battle it out in order to balance it; weighing out between the two and see which holds more weight - subsequently requesting changes.

Feedback is feedback in the end. It would not make sense if one just points out the good aspects of something, it is necessary that the bad side be expressed in a thoughtful and positive manner as well.

If one creates a thread and subsequently dissuades the community from replying by saying something along the lines of "Do not bother discussing, because [insert reason]" - this can also be considered destructive and unproductive. If one fails to discuss (of course in an appropriate manner) their suggestion or topic because everyone is against it (having provided appropriate feedback), consequently requesting deletion or lock of said thread due to the reason that he/she was unable to fight back -- is something very unproductive to do, and disrespectful towards the community here on the forums.

I think that everyone here is behaving appropriately (excluding the small bickering regarding how one should post) enough to carry on forward with this discussion. It is not that everyone is behaving inappropriate here, but rather the upbringing of this topic is somewhat bitter to it's core and will only bring about sour posts from users. Ridiculous and ludicrous threads will only beget ridiculous and ludicrous replies.

To address those who have accused a few individuals of being disrespectful towards the thread creator -- they certainly were not being disrespectful. Even if it is the slightest disrespectful towards the thread creator, he/she should be aware of his unusual and despicable behavior both in-game and on the forums and behave accordingly in the future, and therefore expect ill will from some members. It is however evident that he/she is not taking any of the feedback previously received into consideration when blatantly and constantly creating threads of similar concerns of which have previously been answered many times.

You have to earn respect. Simply put, to expect respect you have give respect first. One may question whether Front45 is being respectful with his constant postings here on the forums, of which can also be considered spam. One cannot expect to be respected or praised by the community for inappropriate behavior of spamming pointless topics across the entire forums. Some might be cheeky enough to redirect my words back at me by saying that one cannot expect respect from Front45 as others are not respecting him at first, but that is clearly not the case as the same concerns of which he posted about in this thread have been answered many times over the past year.

That being said, I will go ahead and answer Front45. I'll be frank and upfront about this, some of your suggestions there are to please yourself or because you are not able to play properly. I would highly advise you to continue playing, and review your losses as to how and why you lost and then make changes to your build or strategy accordingly. Another thing I would suggest you do to avoid such a hostile response from the community is, stop bombarding the forums with these posts that contain lists rather than a single topic to discuss about - one reason being, it will make some make some people reluctant to reply to your threads in a good manner. There are different boards in the forums for this reason, so that everything isn't being discussed in one place.

All in all, most of your concerns have already been answered in the past, and nothing has changed of ED that would have a different answer to your questions at this time. I think spamming the forums with the same topic isn't the best way to get things across to the developers or community. I am sure that the developers are very much well aware of what the community wants at this point, and with a new PR person recruited we can only hope that things will change in the future.

Just because you're both but neither doesn't mean you're none
    Post #: 20
    5/11/2016 17:08:04   
    Altador987

^ Seconded
    AQW Epic  Post #: 21
    5/11/2016 21:28:16   
      Exploding Penguin

Look, guys, if somebody provides feedback that isn't flaming, then you have no right to attack them for their feedback. You have a right to agree or disagree and disregard it, which is an entirely different thing. This is coming from me as a user who frequents the forums, not a staff member.

quote:

dread items, frozen items, hawk sword and etc items also was available to buy only with varium, now it is available credits

Pyro fly and eggzookas were a broken promise and a mistake by the devs respectively. They were both received poorly contrary to what you believe, and the only thing that didn't create a giant uproar is the fact that so many players who didn't have the rares benefit off of it.
    The returning promos were stated to return in the way they currently are by the devs at the very start of Omega. It's not like they promised for them to be perma-rare and then just made them accessible again.
    The blood hawk vehicle was, as far as I'm aware, never considered a promo nor a perma-rare. It's just an expensive seasonal rare, so giving it out as part of an event doesn't really break any promises or transgress any preset rules regarding rares.
    I hate to tell you this but you've been mostly misinformed regarding how people accept perma-rares coming back.
    Epic  Post #: 22
    5/14/2016 18:23:34   
    Amethystlock

1. Yes I've taken many infernal android rage blasts to my person, maybe tone it down a bit. They're overkill (high percentages + already high focus 5 robot damage... percentages get extremely death-starey) but I'm going with anything the edteam goes with.
    2. i don't even play 2vs2 anymore, everyone's playing it for me with azrael's will. no more. please.
    3. the only mercenaries to be seen (personally) are the tactical high support multi-strikers and poisoners, so seeing experimental builds in pvp with first-version mercenaries to size them up is hard. that's some consolation that you have a point, their effective energy pool could use help, and from more than just cores that any class can use. but the edteam knows better than me. what reasons.

4. no please. energy parasite is substantively draining to the soul, commonly used near the beginning of battle where everyone's energy is high. and blood mages seem to always have enough energy to plasma cannon people until they can't see straight.

~Arrrr
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 23
    5/15/2016 14:06:10   
    Altador987

the problem with parasite is that it doesn't allow for anything else. plasma cannon is great (Meh) if a 5 focus build is something you want to do...but if you want to be diverse and do anything else other than heal it's reeeeeeeeally limiting
    AQW Epic  Post #: 24
    5/21/2016 1:15:05   
    Amethystlock

5. i kind of agree with where you're going with this. though keep in mind that everyone's exhausted from the energy skill party after the first few turns of hitting each other, so energy parasite won't be as hard as it is from the start once it's cooled down, and static-charge-for-substantive-energy-to heal-or-anything can be remedied by counter energy-thieving skills - and static charge doesn't steal energy, so that should balance the one-turn-less-cool-down matter. and cyber hunters wouldn't use emp grenades with their own energy to destroy other's energy effectively after the first burst of energy-exhaustion on the now-sleep-deprived-person.

the skills are meant to be scary from the start, but then get harder to use. so the extra turn less of cool-down makes sense, especially if the sleep-deprived person times their fixed-rating energy-stealing skills for countering.
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 25
    Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Epic Duel Problems and Solutions
    Page 1 of 212>
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition