Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQW= Storyline Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> RE: =AQW= Storyline Discussion Thread
Page 6 of 9«<45678>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/29/2016 15:17:31   
ShatteredReality
Helpful!

About the whole Gravelyn thing... in the final cutscene of the Swordhaven Chaos saga, King Alteon mentions that if everything seems lost, look to Gravelyn because "she has the heart of her mother and the strength of her father." So he knows who Gravelyn's parents are.
AQW  Post #: 126
10/29/2016 15:31:42   
ShadowMoon

which means that if lynaria was her mother, alteon knew his wife was cheating on him. the trouble with this entire lynaria being the mother of gravelyn thing is that if lynaria was fooling around; then alteon could be her father without him, seppy nor lynaria ever knowing about it.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 127
10/29/2016 23:19:32   
Christophoses
AQW Tester
&
Lore Adept

@above

I agree. There should only be one being to juggle all the responsibilities of their respective element across the universe. After all, something that has the title of "a god" should be more than capable of handling that responsibility.

From what I understand this is how the Elemental Rule System (name TBD) functions:

-A King and/or Queen are the ruler(s) of an empire.
-Said King and/or Queen has servants (generals, priests, advisors, builders, etc.) to manage the different responsibilities of their entire kingdom.

It's actually been proven that each of The Avatars is the almighty ruling force of their respective element across the universe. Remember the Frostvale 2015 event? We saw Kyanos mourning over the death of Quetzal, the previous Champion of Ice, and giving the new position to Abel.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 128
10/30/2016 11:23:37   
LyRein

Is anyone else waiting for AE to completely forget about the Infernal Invasion thing and have a new monster army for QoM to use?

By the way they still never updated her artwork! (the one J6 and Dage made)

Where's Abel, we haven't seen him since the last 120th release lmao

Why have we forgotten about the Elemental Islands?!

Why is the Infernal Invasion so random?

Why has Chaorruption dissappeared from said areas when AE previously said that Chaorruption will still exist in the world (just not as a threat)?

WHY HAS GALANOTH GOT HIS ARM BACK?!!

frl AE fix your stuff

Post #: 129
10/30/2016 12:48:44   
Bailey Hudson

@LyRein

Well, said! but have you asked them why none of them have been released yet? Their side reasons?
Post #: 130
10/30/2016 13:45:30   
Veya

I don't understand the issue with the Elemental Lords not being omnipotent like you guys want to, specially because it compares itself quite easily to most classic mythologies.

Look at the Hades, the Greek mythology afterlife, there is an entire hirearchy, with Hades being the toppest dog, but then we have Thanatos the god of death, who is often depicted as one of Hades' lieutenants, then we have the 3 Judges of the Hades, Rhadamanthus, Minos, and Aeacus, then there is Cerberus, the guardian of the Hades who is in charge of preventing souls from walking out, Charon, who is in charge of the boat across the river Styx and so on.

The relation of the Elemental Lords with the Avatars uses the exact same concept, just with a different application.
AQW  Post #: 131
10/30/2016 14:22:20   
LyRein

except, you're forgetting the Avatars created the Titans, who are based on Greek mythos and the Avatars share the same significance and power as greek gods, the Titans are probably based on greek titans too

so the EL have to be something even above the level of titans and gods which is unnecessary imho
Post #: 132
10/30/2016 15:19:57   
Veya

Except all of that only affects Lore, the Elemental Lords are supposed to be in charge of the entire universe, they are legitimately on a much larger scale than either the Avatars or the Titans and serve to structure the universe even if it has no direct relation to the story.

Also, the two Titans we've met had nothing to do with the Greek Titans, the Greek Titans were closer to being a different faction of gods, not their own, individual things, if anything, the Titans are closer to Typhon(who, fittingly, is occasionally stated as the Father of all Monsters).
AQW  Post #: 133
10/30/2016 18:44:47   
Christophoses
AQW Tester
&
Lore Adept

@LyRein

quote:

Where's Abel, we haven't seen him since the last 120th release lmao

For some unknown reason, the Ice arc is only ever continued during Frostvale. Even though Karok was the first Elemental General introduced he still hasn't summoned a the Ice Titan and will probably be the last one to do so. Abel is part of that saga so we'll probably see him again this Frostvale.

quote:

Why have we forgotten about the Elemental Islands?!

Apparently, the Infernal Invasion somehow leads into the Darkness Arc. Don't ask me how or why.

quote:

Why is the Infernal Invasion so random?

Aranx wanted to continue his Celestial Realm storyline, which I'm super excited about, but it probably got thrown into to the main storyline for... reasons.

quote:

Why has Chaorruption disappeared from said areas when AE previously said that Chaorruption will still exist in the world (just not as a threat)?

I have absolutely no idea. Apparently, Drakath is the new Avatar of Chaos and summoned all the Chaos around Lore back to his special place.

quote:

WHY HAS GALANOTH GOT HIS ARM BACK?!!

Not sure about that. Either the Mogloween event isn't cannonical or someone just forgot that Desoloth/Desolich ate it.

@Veya

quote:

I don't understand the issue with the Elemental Lords not being omnipotent like you guys want to, specially because it compares itself quite easily to most classic mythologies.

Look at the Hades, the Greek mythology afterlife, there is an entire hirearchy, with Hades being the toppest dog, but then we have Thanatos the god of death, who is often depicted as one of Hades' lieutenants, then we have the 3 Judges of the Hades, Rhadamanthus, Minos, and Aeacus, then there is Cerberus, the guardian of the Hades who is in charge of preventing souls from walking out, Charon, who is in charge of the boat across the river Styx and so on.

The relation of the Elemental Lords with the Avatars uses the exact same concept, just with a different application.

Your application with Hades to the Elemental Lords is exactly what I was trying to explain. Hades is the general and has his "servants" to manage his other activites. In my application Hades is one of The Avatars. If we were to include a being that's comapable to The Elemental Lords in this situation it would be Kronos. Kronos is the being who is above Hades. This wouldn't make sense since Kronos is against all of his children, including Hades.

@LyRein

quote:

except, you're forgetting the Avatars created the Titans, who are based on Greek mythos and the Avatars share the same significance and power as greek gods, the Titans are probably based on greek titans too

so the EL have to be something even above the level of titans and gods which is unnecessary imho

You're correct about The Avatars creating the Elemental Titans, however, the Elemental Titans aren't based off of The 12 Titans from Greek Mythology.

In Greek Mythology the most powerful beings (listed first) to the least powerful beings (listed last) are in the following order:

- The Primordial Being: Chaos
- Primordial Deities: Gaia, Uranus, Tartarus, Eros, Erebus, Nyx
- Titans and Titanesses (children of Gaia and Uranus): Oceanus, Hyperion, Coeus, Cronus, Crius, Iapetus, Mnemosyne, Tethys, Theia, Phoebe, Rhea, Themis
- Gods (children of Cronus and Rhea): Zeus, Hera, Poseidon, Hades, Hestia, Demeter, Chiron

Here are the Lorian equivalents listed in the same order:

- The Primordial Being: The Primordial
- Primordial Deities: The Mysterious Stranger, The Eternal Dragon of Time, ???, ???... ???
- The Avatars: Fiamme, Tremblor, Celeritas, Kyanos, Neso, Khazri, Voidstar, Haeos, The Queen of Monsters
- The Titans and Primal Dragons: The Phaedra, Gaiazor, ???, ???, ???, ???, ???, ???, Akriloth, ???, ???, ???, ???, ???, ??? ,???

Something I don't understand at all is WHY BATTLEON AND MOST OF DRAGONIA IS STILL INTACT? Wasn't it completely destoryed during The Chaos War and The Queen's return?

Also, like how Drakath used to look over the world from his miniature Chaos Realm where do you guys think The Queen's throne is located?

On a completely different note, does anyone else think that AQW needs to step things up for their Mogloween events. DF has such amazing events and I don't get the same feeling after the events in AQW. J6's event this year was pretty cool with awesome music from Ghost (<3), but I feel like the other events aren't on par with some of the other stories in AQW. Perhaps Verlyrus and Tomix should be guest writers during this time of year.

The other Holiday events in AQW are on fleek (I can't believe I used that saying), though. Frostvale is probably one of my favorite storylines in AQW.

< Message edited by Christophisis -- 11/1/2016 22:33:43 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 134
11/2/2016 1:05:23   
ShatteredReality
Helpful!

I'm not exactly an expert on the lore of Lore, so forgive me if some of my questions have already been answered.

I've always wondered what happened to the 13 Lords of Chaos who didn't die once the saga ended. Escherion got squished into froggy-goo, Vath presumably got offed by Stalabite, Wolfwing got turned into dust (living dust?!), Ledgermayne, Tibicenas, Kassandra, Ioda, Lionfang, and Alteon are all dead (I didn't feel like writing out how they died). But what about Kitsune, Kimberly, and Xing and Xang? Drakath said that all chaos lords must die in order to open the chaos portal to the chaos realm, so did he simply kill them offscreen?

Also, how could the hero use his/her Eternal Dragon of Time powers in the Mirror Realm Overworld release if his/her powers were all absorbed in the Chaos Realm? I thought the only way to get those powers back was to defeat the Queen of Monsters?

The "mirror twin effect" mentioned in that release also confuses me. I mean, the hero goes around killing random monsters everyday, but since the hero's mirror counterpart is an egg that does nothing but float up and down, who's killing all those mirror monsters? Are there just monsters exploding for no reason in the mirror realm? Am I thinking too hard about this?

There's also the map that's to the right of /nexus about the story. What is that map for, anyway? Is it supposed to be a storyline tracker?

I went through some old releases and there are characters that say that you'll meet them again. Are those characters ever going to show up?

If the hero is death, but lost his/her death powers by going through into the chaos realm, who's going around collecting souls now?

Shouldn't the 11 or so "Lords of Order" from the Mirror Realm whose counterparts from Lore are dead not exist anymore? Should they have died like Werewolf Queen Safiria and King Alteon the (Mentally) Imbalanced would have unless the Queen of Monster didn't save them? It might be that the Lords of Order have order powers (that sounds like a really bad superpower to have) keeping them alive, but that wouldn't make sense, since order would be them dying because their counterparts are dead.

Why isn't the Book of Lore more important, anyway? I think the last time it was actually used for something in game was in Doomwood, part 1.

< Message edited by ShatteredReality -- 11/2/2016 1:09:01 >
AQW  Post #: 135
11/2/2016 18:04:56   
LyRein

@above

quote:

Drakath said that all chaos lords must die in order to open the chaos portal to the chaos realm, so did he simply kill them offscreen?

I took this to be metaphorical, as in the Chaos Lord has to die but not the person who has become one. This way, technically all Chaos Lords have died, a few were sealed away, others reverted back to their normal state and some were simply stripped of their powers.

quote:

Also, how could the hero use his/her Eternal Dragon of Time powers in the Mirror Realm Overworld release if his/her powers were all absorbed in the Chaos Realm? I thought the only way to get those powers back was to defeat the Queen of Monsters?

I'm not sure if this is correct. From what I remember you simply had to defeat all the Ancient Titan' to retrieve your powers.

quote:

The "mirror twin effect" mentioned in that release also confuses me. I mean, the hero goes around killing random monsters everyday, but since the hero's mirror counterpart is an egg that does nothing but float up and down, who's killing all those mirror monsters? Are there just monsters exploding for no reason in the mirror realm? Am I thinking too hard about this?

Well, the Hero isn't the only person that knows how to fight in-game, think of all the NPCs you meet plus the background fodder who can at least pick up a sword.

quote:

I went through some old releases and there are characters that say that you'll meet them again. Are those characters ever going to show up?

AE has a tendency to forget things.

quote:

If the hero is death, but lost his/her death powers by going through into the chaos realm, who's going around collecting souls now?

I and others asked the same question to Alina but still no explanation.

quote:

Shouldn't the 11 or so "Lords of Order" from the Mirror Realm whose counterparts from Lore are dead not exist anymore? Should they have died like Werewolf Queen Safiria and King Alteon the (Mentally) Imbalanced would have unless the Queen of Monster didn't save them? It might be that the Lords of Order have order powers (that sounds like a really bad superpower to have) keeping them alive, but that wouldn't make sense, since order would be them dying because their counterparts are dead.

Plot hole
Post #: 136
11/2/2016 21:11:11   
ShatteredReality
Helpful!

quote:

I'm not sure if this is correct. From what I remember you simply had to defeat all the Ancient Titan' to retrieve your powers.

Really? I thought that there was a cutscene from the DreadSpace event where future Artix told the player that they would get their powers back if they beat the Queen of Monsters. I think it was the final cutscene.
AQW  Post #: 137
11/3/2016 13:49:33   
ShadowMoon

quote:

that's because the answer is in the question: no one is.
except maybe dage, nulgath, MoM, various necromancers and other things that where collecting, eating & storing souls before & after death died.
the way i see it, souls that want to pass on will do so while others will linger, but none can return to their body on their own or stay in their body upon death. death was essentially an avatar of the force of nature by the same name. even without him there the force of nature will still enforce death regardless of whether the sous get reaped or not.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 138
11/8/2016 23:03:39   
ShatteredReality
Helpful!

I went back and looked at the necropolis book. On page 9, which is damaged, it mentions something about adoption. Specifically: "missing page ...brought Lyarnia safely back to King Alt... page ripped ...within Castle Swordhaven... page ripped .... ...and therefore they adopted... ink stain ...betrayed... acid stain"

So if Lynaria was the mother of Gravelyn, then who did she adopt to pretend to be her and King Alteon's daughter? It can't be Tara, since she's nowhere near Gravelyn's age. I don't know exactly how old Gravely is, anyway, but she is older than twenty, because that's how long Sepulchure had been building his evil undead army to fight King Alteon.

Either Brittany or Victoria must have been adopted then. That would mean that either Brentan's or Victoria's claims to the throne are invalid. (Maybe Tara becomes Queen?!)

I'm curious to why Lynaria gave Gravelyn to Sepulchure in the first place. Why didn't she just pretend that Gravelyn was King Alteon's daughter? That would have made things a lot less complicated.
AQW  Post #: 139
11/8/2016 23:38:35   
Guardian Patrick

Is there a story for Dreadrock map yet?

The map reminds me of MechQuest lol
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 140
11/8/2016 23:52:49   
ShatteredReality
Helpful!

No, there isn't a story for Dreadrock yet, just like Northepointe and Skytower Aegis.
AQW  Post #: 141
11/9/2016 0:27:53   
Guardian Patrick

ah too bad because i really like the dystopian atmosphere and i thought it could have some cool storyline o.o
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 142
11/9/2016 0:29:57   
ShatteredReality
Helpful!

Who knows? It still might be used in the future.
AQW  Post #: 143
11/9/2016 0:33:33   
nalguth

It's obviously incomplete, so they will likely add some sort of backstory to it while they finish it up. I have no idea when that'll happen though.
AQW  Post #: 144
11/9/2016 9:59:35   
ShatteredReality
Helpful!

Well, I've spotted yet another discrepancy in AQW's storyline. So in the necrodungeon book, it says that Drethrix, Champion of Darkness, kidnapped Lynaria on her wedding day, before she was married to King Alteon. The book calls her "queen-to-be," so we know that she was kidnapped before she married Alteon.

However, in the Paradox Portal map, we see Lynaria and Valen together, and Lynaria is already queen! This contradicts the necrodungeon book, since after Lynaria's wedding to Alteon, Valen was Sepulchure.

I'm not sure which version of events is correct.

If it's the first one, then that means that Brittany was the adopted daughter, since she is the eldest daughter (and Gravelyn must have been around her age). That makes Victoria heir to the throne of Swordhaven (I'm pretty sure Gravelyn wouldn't want the throne) as the elder daughter of King Alteon and Queen Lynaria.

If it's the second one, then still, either Brittany or Victoria could be the adopted daughter.
AQW  Post #: 145
11/9/2016 10:02:19   
Veya

I am pretty sure that the version of the events that we actually saw happening are probably more accurate, records can get messy over time, but we were literal eye-witness of it.
AQW  Post #: 146
11/9/2016 10:34:05   
thulsa doom

quote:

However, in the Paradox Portal map, we see Lynaria and Valen together, and Lynaria is already queen! This contradicts the necrodungeon book, since after Lynaria's wedding to Alteon, Valen was Sepulchure.
Well, the Necro Book does seem to support that Lynaria was Queen.

So what do we know from the Necro book?
We know that Alteon, Valen and Lynaria were the principal actors in the revolt against Drakath's father the Monster King. That Alteon and Valen were great friends that dueled for the right to win Lynaria's hand in marriage and that against all expectation Alteon won that duel (since Valen was the undisputed best swordsman in the land --I suppose Valen couldn't bring himself to beat his friend).
Alteon is declared King and presumably a few years pass during which Lynaria marries Alteon (a fragment of the Necro Book talks about Alteon and Lynaria and an adoption at this point). Then, Dethrix kidnaps Lynaria and Valen (Alteon's Lancelot) vows to return her.
Valen fights Dethrix and nearly dies. At the brink of death, the Mysterious Stranger appears before Valen and offers him the Doomknight armor and Blade which would give him the power to destroy Dethrix. Valen kills Dethrix, but his Doomknight armor's reflex kills Lynaria. And Sepulchure is born.
It's unclear if Lynaria already gave birth to Gravelyn while a prisoner of Dethrix or if Valen/Seppy performed a ceaserarian.

I think I covered all the bases of the garbled Necro book, but of course much is left to speculation and I may have misinterpreted some of it.........

@v
Yeah, you"re exactly right -- sorry, I wrote it down from memory.

< Message edited by thulsa doom -- 11/9/2016 14:18:23 >
AQ AQW  Post #: 147
11/9/2016 11:08:53   
ShatteredReality
Helpful!

I think the order of events is a bit off.

So, Dethrix kidnaps Lynaria. Valen goes after her. He gets defeated. He takes the Doomknight armor. Lynaria gets back home to King Alteon safely. She then goes and tries to stop Sepulchure. He kills her and then makes her a tomb.

Also, I find it strange how Lynaria has three models so far: One in the archives cutscene (likely a placeholder model, since it matches the "generic female villager" model), one in Dreadhaven, and one in Paradox Portal. Obviously, Lynaria like dying her hair and wearing contacts.
AQW  Post #: 148
11/9/2016 16:30:47   
ShadowMoon

i'm still thinking the "lynaria" from paradox portal was not actually lynaria.
for all we know that could have been Celeritas. in DF, her daughter was capable of taking on a human form, so it would not be all that surprising if her aqw version could do the same as her df versions daughter.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 149
11/9/2016 18:28:16   
ShatteredReality
Helpful!

@above
So if that wasn't Lynaria, then where did Lynaria go?
AQW  Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> RE: =AQW= Storyline Discussion Thread
Page 6 of 9«<45678>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition