Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQ3D= Question & Answer Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest 3D] >> AdventureQuest 3D General Discussion >> RE: =AQ3D= Question & Answer Thread
Page 15 of 30«<1314151617>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/10/2017 21:59:49   
Shadowhunt

So I finally decided to play the Open Beta (played a bit of Alpha or whatever the super old one was and some of the closed beta), and there are a few things I've come across that I'm curious about.

First off is Dungeon Keys. I saw that everyone was given 100 of them (which explained the 120/20 I had), but once you run out or get below 20, do they gradually come back? Do you have to purchase more? Or are you just outta luck?

Second is what's up with the enemies who are invincible. I've come across a ton that will stay where they are when you start attacking (usually from range with Mage) and no matter how much you hit them for, they'll just regenerate that health right back. The only way to actually damage them is to run up and make them move/start hitting you. I even had one run back to where it spawned and regain all its health and mana right away. So, is this some sort of weird feature or just an annoying bug?

And lastly (mostly just curious on this one), do the people on computers and on mobile get thrown in together? Or if you're playing on mobile, is everyone else you encounter also on mobile?

Thanks for answering the new person questions
AQ AQW  Post #: 351
6/10/2017 22:09:43   
Retrosaur

quote:

but once you run out or get below 20, do they gradually come back? Do you have to purchase more? Or are you just outta luck?

They refill once every 3 hours. Once you dip below 20 the timer will keep going until you are back to a full 20 keys.

quote:

So, is this some sort of weird feature or just an annoying bug?

If you attack outside a monster's "range", and from a point where the monsters can not reach you, for example if you're standing on top of a tree while casting spells at a monster below, the game will consistently reset the interraction and the monster returns to full hp everytime. You have to attack it within its attack range, or you cannot kill it. There are ways to bypass this, by killing the monster quickly within 1 sec or less. Usually this is accomplished by casting Fireball first (dont trigger aggro), then mashing lightning the moment fireball hits for huge damage.

quote:

do the people on computers and on mobile get thrown in together?

Yep, it's cross-platform play.
AQW Epic  Post #: 352
6/11/2017 6:55:56   
LoliFebri

About Infinite Monster Spawn Areas in dungeons:
Is it true that the monsters in Part 3 of the Nightlocke Dungeons could respawn?

Source taken from the AQ3D Wiki Axe/Staff/Scytheblade Notes Section:
quote:

Monsters in Part Two and Three will respawn.

< Message edited by LoliFebri -- 6/11/2017 6:56:20 >
Post #: 353
6/11/2017 10:47:40   
XeNON_54

You can buy more keys only once you've run out of all your keys.
It costs 100DCs to refill it but you can only buy them once all your keys have been used.

Of course you don't HAVE to buy it every time since you can get 1 key every 3 hours.
Post #: 354
6/11/2017 14:18:31   
oishii
fish

@LoliFebri: there are some rooms in dungeons where monsters can respawn. It all depends on what the "objective" of the room is. In most cases, if the objective is something other than "Defeat all enemies", then the enemies will most likely respawn.

@Retrosaur is correct! Monsters will "reset" if you attempt to attack them from outside their reachable range. This is to help prevent exploiting the monster's pathing (that is, attacking them in a way that does not allow them to attack back).
Post #: 355
6/11/2017 16:01:11   
*Nova*

quote:

First off is Dungeon Keys. I saw that everyone was given 100 of them (which explained the 120/20 I had), but once you run out or get below 20, do they gradually come back? Do you have to purchase more? Or are you just outta luck?

ohohohoho! Imagine if they didn't come back

quote:

Second is what's up with the enemies who are invincible. I've come across a ton that will stay where they are when you start attacking (usually from range with Mage) and no matter how much you hit them for, they'll just regenerate that health right back. The only way to actually damage them is to run up and make them move/start hitting you. I even had one run back to where it spawned and regain all its health and mana right away. So, is this some sort of weird feature or just an annoying bug?

Just some random annoying bug they developed recently. It wasn't always like that. It was especially annoying during the Fire War (the one we just had) that most people opted to use Mages to avoid the problem. it annoyed me because when I farm I like to use Warrior and when i fight a boss, I would generally prefer Guardian.
DF MQ  Post #: 356
6/11/2017 18:32:30   
Allvo

So... Is the Battleon Defender set available yet? Because I couldn't find the monster that drops the Defender Medal in the town. Did I lost the chance?

< Message edited by Allvo -- 6/11/2017 22:02:39 >
AQW  Post #: 357
6/11/2017 18:40:08   
Metakirby
Constructive & Helpful!

Battleon is currently not in need of defending, so yes, you are late to the party, but at some point, Battleon will need defending again and you will be able to get the Defender Medals at that time.
AQW  Post #: 358
6/11/2017 19:01:38   
LouisCyphere

@Allvo:
If you're a Guardian, you can buy Guardian Defender Token and craft them into Elite Defender Medals and then craft the Elite Defender Medal into Defender Medals.
Although, that process can be quite consuming and costs a lot of gold if you want to reach rank 20 with out a war going on.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 359
6/12/2017 4:31:50   
Vypie

I believe that even for that "Medal exchange" option, you also need to be rank 20.

quote:

Just some random annoying bug they developed recently. It wasn't always like that. It was especially annoying during the Fire War (the one we just had) that most people opted to use Mages to avoid the problem. it annoyed me because when I farm I like to use Warrior and when i fight a boss, I would generally prefer Guardian.

It's not a bug, it's intended. This was made to prevent players from killing monsters from places where the monster could not reach.

World or Warcraft does this too. In their case though, they make monsters go into an "Evade" state where they are immune to everything for a few seconds, before finally resetting their position and hp/mp. This teaches players to recognize they are in an "unfair" position to battle.

In AQ3D, this seems to happen quite instantly and with no feedback prior to the reset, so it feels more like a bug.
Also, sometimes the monster reset is based on distance. If they move too far from their original spot, they reset. In AQ3D, there seems to be some monsters whose reset distance is shorter than mage attacks! Now this feels really weird, and should probably be fixed.
Epic  Post #: 360
6/12/2017 8:32:45   
jujan

Hello! I ve got some questions.

1. When is it planned to finish the beta?
2. If the beta finished, will there be a total reset of all characters?
3. Will the highest level allways be 17?
4. Is it planned to translate the game in different languages?
5. Is a minimap or worldmap planned?
Post #: 361
6/12/2017 8:43:16   
XeNON_54

@jujan

1. Sometime in October
2. No
3. No
4. No
5. Maybe
Post #: 362
6/12/2017 9:23:11   
*Nova*

quote:

I believe that even for that "Medal exchange" option, you also need to be rank 20.
No, you don't. I know people who used it to get from Rank 15 to 20.

quote:

It's not a bug, it's intended. This was made to prevent players from killing monsters from places where the monster could not reach.
Actually, I think the bug that you and the original poster are talking about is different to the issue that I am describing. What I'm talking is sometimes when I go to attack a monster, usually more noticeable when someone attacks before me with a range class, that particular monster will stay where it is but is actually somewhere else and the combat prompt will keep telling me that I'm out of range... I know that this just sounds like a desyncing problem but I assure that it is not.

< Message edited by *Nova* -- 6/12/2017 9:41:23 >
DF MQ  Post #: 363
6/12/2017 12:11:37   
oishii
fish

quote:

im farming valek using opportunity to test out dps of the classes skills. when i first started with the skill it was doing one big hit(like 1.5x damage) and 4x small hits

now its started doing 4x BIGGER hits and 4x smaller hits. and when i say bigger hits i mean the bigger hits are doing like 3x damage

which means whirlwind started doing four big hits x 300% dps and 4 little hits this cant be right. thats way more damage than this skill has done before and way more than any other skill

also the big hits are orange numbers which ive never seen even crit hits are just white numbers.

1) am i hitting valeks weak spot?
2) is rogues debuff and a warriors buff combining? i didnt see any warriors activating damage buff

even if other players were causing the damage increase how did whirlwind start doing 4x big hits and 4x small hits?

The bigger "light gold" text that you see is the total cumulative damage that you've done over the multiple hits. The smaller "orange" text that you see is the damage you are doing per hit. So if you see 4x "50" then that would add up to "200". This would display as 50, 100, 150 and then finally 200. This only applies to skills that are multi-hit; in this case, Whirlwind.

Floating combat text has received a few tweaks; the darker orange text indicates damage that you are doing with a SKILL. White text damage indicates damage done with auto-attacks or with DoT (damage over time) ticks.

< Message edited by oishii -- 6/12/2017 12:53:20 >
Post #: 364
6/13/2017 12:18:22   
Vypie

quote:

What I'm talking is sometimes when I go to attack a monster, usually more noticeable when someone attacks before me with a range class, that particular monster will stay where it is but is actually somewhere else and the combat prompt will keep telling me that I'm out of range... I know that this just sounds like a desyncing problem but I assure that it is not.

Oh, now your comment makes more sense! I know exactly talking about. Happens to me 100% of the time, but it wasn't always like this though. I wonder what caused this "visual delay", it doesn't seem to be just from bad connection.
I also use mage to mitigate the issue.

When I attack monsters from far away, the monsters just run in place for 2-4 seconds (up to 6 seconds sometimes), and only then they start walking. And despite still being far, they can already deal damage to me. But that's just what I SEE.
In reality, they start moving from the very beginning and attack me as soon as they reach me, just as it should be. And when the monsters die, the loot bag appears where the monster's real location was!

The monsters are actually behaving correctly, you just see them in the wrong place. The damage from both you and the monster still happens at the correct time, so if you were playing the game completely blind, you would not notice any problem.
I am somewhat used to this delay, so I take it into account. But predicting where the monster actually is is not easy, the delay amount differs from time to time.

But there is ONE HUGE PROBLEM with this that severely hinders gameplay and makes the it a really bad experience (specially when playing non-mage classes):
-Even if you are pro at predicting, the range between you and your target is still determined by what you see on your screen.
-That range is not accurate, and this means that a delayed monster might seem further away from you, even though it is quite close. But if you try to attack it, it says you are out of range, because in your screen, the creature is far. (This also affects line-of-sight).
-Trying to click on a skill to make your character move automatically to the target is simply impossible. The results are messy, and due to conflicting information, sometimes the character might start spinning on the spot at INSANE SPEEDS, crashing the game.

Is this issue being looked at? :( It wasn't always like this.

< Message edited by Vypie -- 6/13/2017 12:19:25 >
Epic  Post #: 365
6/13/2017 13:53:39   
Metakirby
Constructive & Helpful!

quote:

Trying to click on a skill to make your character move automatically to the target is simply impossible. The results are messy, and due to conflicting information, sometimes the character might start spinning on the spot at INSANE SPEEDS, crashing the game.

Not sure when you experience this exact scenario, I know exactly what you are talking about, but it only seems to happen when an enemy is above/below me and trying to attack without a clear path to the target.
It happens quite often in the Necroknight fight, because he likes hiding underneath the arena a lot of the time, although only when other people are around, will he hide once he gets in your vicinity, which is when the problem occurs, that and the fact I cannot hit him.
I know skeletons are famous for popping out of the ground, but you don't need to imitate them.
It's not a crash though, the game just logs you out, although you could argue both scenarios are about equally bad.
AQW  Post #: 366
6/13/2017 15:04:30   
Vypie

Yeah, it's a log out, not really a crash. And yes, the spinning happens on tricky terrain, usually with height differences.
When in leveled ground, auto-walking by clicking on a skill just sends my character to a place where I cannot attack the monster, unless I was already close enough.

And I forgot to add:
-This visual delay also messes up the debuffs/buffs. Its really hard to tell when debuffs are going to end because they don't start 'ticking' right away, and they disappear sooner than the visuals.
They are lasting the proper amount of time and all, but the delay makes it difficult to track.

< Message edited by Vypie -- 6/13/2017 15:05:34 >
Epic  Post #: 367
6/14/2017 3:36:56   
Retrosaur

Don't forget you lose the key, which sucks
AQW Epic  Post #: 368
6/14/2017 5:01:55   
Metakirby
Constructive & Helpful!

If it does happen though, you can avoid it with a little bit of quick thinking. Just walk away, because it takes x amount of time under the effect of the "bug" before you get disconnected, which honestly is only a couple seconds, but if you react quickly enough, you shouldn't be too worried about a disconnection.

Also, what is the droprate for these Rare Chest items?
According to the bottom paragraph of the newest Design Note post:
quote:

TIP: Right now AdventureQuest is horribly broken and dropping rare spawn chests in every dungeon. This is a result of an emergency fix we rolled live... which dragged some unintentional meta data files with it. It is too hard to fix with a roll back, so instead we are charging ahead with our stat and experience curve release which will be coming as soon as it is approved! Until then... get those rares!

We have the green light that the bugged chest spawns do indeed drop the items, yet I have seen 6-7 Rare Greenguard Chests since that post and still nothing and then there's the 10+ Rare Tower chests pre-post.

There is the possibility that the rare drops are removed from private dungeon runs, since that's how I have found a majority of the Rare Chests, but that just seems a little stupid to me, if I want to hunt these items without dealing with other people and avoiding any possible trolls, I should be able to do that. A private dungeon should not differ from a public dungeon in terms of rewards.
Another possibility that can have happened is that they have decreased the droprate, to compensate for the amount if Rare Chests that pop up. If that's the case, then it makes a little more sense that it wouldn't have dropped by now, that or AQ3D hates me, either one is equally likely.

The only positive aspect of this whole thing, is that I now have tons of potions, over 300 health Potions again and way more Mana Potions that I know what to do with.
AQW  Post #: 369
6/14/2017 6:53:23   
LouisCyphere

@Metakirby:
We could always ask the devs, especially Oishii since she visits the forum more than the other devs.

I really don't like using Potions as part of strategy.
They should be used a panic button. I mean, I have like max potions but I still don't use them. It cheapens the fight.

< Message edited by LouisCyphere -- 6/14/2017 6:54:27 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 370
6/16/2017 23:59:57   
Amethystlock

the ability to zoom in and out without a mouse wheel, if there's none can there be one?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 371
6/18/2017 15:43:15   
iDreadnaut

I've seem some people walking around with a Doomknight-like armor. Is there still a way to get that armor?
AQW  Post #: 372
6/18/2017 15:45:03   
LouisCyphere

Can you post a screenshot?
I haven't heard of a Doomknight-like armor being added to the game.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 373
6/18/2017 15:56:43   
LadyYennifer

Are you talking about the Scale Slayer armour set?

http://aq-3d.wikidot.com/scale-slayer-armor
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 374
6/18/2017 16:11:22   
iDreadnaut

@Louis
I'll try and take a screenshot next time.

@Lady
Not sure. I'll try and look closely next time.

If there's no Doomknight-like armor in the game , then those were just a nice combination of Armor and Shoulderplates.

@below
Nope, I think it might be the Scale Slayer.

< Message edited by iDreadnaut -- 6/18/2017 16:18:09 >
AQW  Post #: 375
Page:   <<   < prev  13 14 [15] 16 17   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest 3D] >> AdventureQuest 3D General Discussion >> RE: =AQ3D= Question & Answer Thread
Page 15 of 30«<1314151617>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition