Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= Patch Notes - 1.6.67 - December 1st, 2016 - Balance

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> RE: =ED= Patch Notes - 1.6.67 - December 1st, 2016 - Balance
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/10/2016 13:26:53   
.Lord Ginger.

#1- Stunning should make block and deflec chance 0% because why? YOURE STUNNED THATS WHY.

#2- Merc is probably the 2nd best class ingame right now.
AQW Epic  Post #: 26
12/10/2016 15:35:01   
Noobatron x3000

Lol @ merc being the second best class in game

1-TLM
2-BH
3-Gets more arguable on 3 and 4 I'd personally say TM but theirs an argument for CH because of the draining power (TM is a better all rounder the CHes biggest strength is its biggest weakness static doesnt give alot of mana back and once a ch is drained its pretty helpless as its energy drain costs mana)
4- CH IMO
5- BM Parasite is just bad to easy to counter....Only build im actively seeing with bm is 5f the rest get destroyed, Class just cant regain mana because unless your opponents bad they know how to gimp parasite.
6- merc so many things wrong with this class, Energy control is still bad , Hybrid bunker cost way to much, surgical just doesnt fit on the skill tree, Intimidate is easily the worst debuff......Adreanline is LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL , the class is a joke.... I forgot beserker costs to much for the classes mana control and ontop of that is blockable , Its not whats wrong with this class.... It's what's right with it....

< Message edited by Noobatron x3000 -- 12/10/2016 15:59:51 >
Post #: 27
12/10/2016 16:23:55   
shadow.bane

^ idk if u have noticed merc's energy control got a huge buff last update it steals % amount of weapon damage and gives you 100 % in return so a normal 45 str player will gain 245 energy and if they had BC (Blood Commander) on they will steal even more in case of an f5 will be up to 270 + energy gain...

so for being second nah well third after bh and tlm.

EDIT : plus it's not about what skills the class have it's about what skills the player have. you are not gonna use all skills, you will only use depends on what build you are playing let's say f5 ? u will only use bunker heal surgical static smash the most rest are optional.
just like f5 bh was op as hell and only static grenade heal and sa were used sometimes poison.

< Message edited by shadow.bane -- 12/10/2016 16:26:12 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 28
12/10/2016 18:27:49   
.Lord Ginger.

@Bane, I'd say merc with blood commander and static is definitely comparable to a 5 focus TLM
AQW Epic  Post #: 29
12/10/2016 19:17:08   
Noobatron x3000

I havent seen a merc doing well , Blood commander is to situational to use in 1v1 almost all the time and suicide in 2v2 , static smash is STILL weak compared to its other classes counterparts..... The only skills that aren't trash on the merc tree are multi and field medic , The rest are BARELY and i mean BARELY average , Or flat out bad.... This class is still in a really bad place... And i dont want people class changing thinking its competitive it just isnt, Outside of flukes you will get destroyed.......
Post #: 30
12/10/2016 19:22:32   
.Lord Ginger.

Ask any good player who plays merc and they'll tell you that it's good. (HIGH LEVEL ONLY)

Ask S H O N D O R or Alkimos

< Message edited by .Lord Ginger. -- 12/10/2016 19:27:11 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 31
12/10/2016 19:44:42   
Noobatron x3000

I'd love to know how their going to counter my frost shards + static grenade + piston punch , merc and cyber hunters are the only 2 classes ive come accross that have litterally no answer to that combination if you use it correctly you can litterally leave them healess and completely reliant on their normal weapons because they cant do anything else....

The other classes tend to be able to recover enough mana not to be helpless , merc is more so screwed by the fact bunker is to weak (scales to slow costs to much mana) , Hybrid costs far to much mana, beserkers just bad is why no ones using it , costs to much for a average at best damage buff that could be blocked, maul requires a club-lmfao , adrenaline- i dont think this needs explanation why this is bad...... Surgical strike is far more viable on the TLM skill tree, Costs way to much with the mercs weaker mana regaining ability, coupled with how highly priced all the other mercs skills are its just not viable in most cases. intimidate given where strength is and the multitude of options meaning you never have to strike is a trash debuff, Unless your against a strength build but again lol , And it isnt going to do you much good against extreme strength abuse without extreme support abuse , So again trash.....

Field commander
Is the question mark one peronally i like the idea but deep down i know its trash

Why ?

Skipping a turn in 2v2 is suicide
The lifesteal only bases off the strength buff it gives you-trash
Strength only buffs the primary weapon unless your opponents stupd he can neuter your strength buff with one shield

I cant find a single thing going for the merc class other then multy

And why an earth would you not go tlm for a support build, or just about anything a merc can do the tlm is far superior,

Again as far as i see it mercs are broken

I mean i can believe a rank 20 merc woul,d beat a rank 1 bh now because ranks are broken

And a l35 merc would stand a chance against a l30 bh, But in a balanced fight the bh/tm/ch/tlm is going to destroy the merc, Merc might have a chance against a BM but i think the BM has the edge.

< Message edited by Noobatron x3000 -- 12/10/2016 19:47:14 >
Post #: 32
12/10/2016 20:00:08   
.Lord Ginger.

Rofl. You can say whatever you want to, but ask a good level 40 merc. And Frankly Merc wrecks BM.
AQW Epic  Post #: 33
12/10/2016 20:20:33   
Noobatron x3000

And yet as a good BH/TM/TLM/CH player i consider a merc less challenging an npc and a free 12/24 xp depending on the mode im in. I'm not really good with BM so i cant speak to that.
Post #: 34
12/10/2016 20:29:00   
.Lord Ginger.

Good for you, but at high level merc that isn't the case.
AQW Epic  Post #: 35
12/10/2016 21:00:19   
Noobatron x3000

I have 3 40s and if i see a merc in 2v2 my chances of winning are gennerally increased again in a balanced match, Saying someone who is rank 60+ one of the names you reffered to is good with a class is misinformation since most of the people he will face will gennerally be 40+ ranks lower then him....

Winning because of a mechanical advantage that's broken and should never have existed doesnt make a class balanced or the player good.

dont confuse skill player ability and bad balance....A way to gauge how well a class is doing is lower levels and lower ranks not higher ranks as we all know ranks are broken.
Post #: 36
12/10/2016 21:36:41   
.Lord Ginger.

Im talking about 2 rank 80s versus eachother, So it IS balanced
AQW Epic  Post #: 37
12/11/2016 1:13:27   
Noobatron x3000

So 2 rank whatevers same rank one was a bh the other a merc...... And the merc won

I'm thinking the BH was bad, really bad.... Probably npced to that rank no idea how to pvp the class..... I cant see how a merc could beat a BH in an even fight without there being a significant player skill gap in favor of the merc pilot massively. With the current balance between those two classes.... assuming they were both using high win% builds, The bh would have a huge advantage
Post #: 38
12/11/2016 5:34:17   
shadow.bane

noobatron u are delusional lol... ask shondor he's getting 85 - 90 % with current merc so is cosmic.
and merc's static smash is better than bh's static grenade since it gives you back 240 + energy on 45 strength while a static grenade gives you 195 on 45 + 14 support while energy take is a bit higher than merc's. it's simple match simple logic.
AQW Epic  Post #: 39
12/11/2016 8:09:15   
zer00x

Well, i'm just going to give my opinions as a level 36 Merc that doesn't have many cores, the only one i really use its piston punch or generator, also this is as a free player, so i can't get varium cores.

I'm currently using a 4 focus build and it does "ok" i don't win every match but i don't get rekt either. I still think it needs some tweaks but i can't tell where as i'm not so sure.

One thing i noticed is against NPC bosses (Idk if this belongs here but i'm going to drop it here)
As a merc i am really really struggling against npc bosses, and i think it is because we lack "loopability" or whatever it is called (sustainability i guess?), the strategy i always see on videos it's that you need to drain all the energy from the npc (or just survive while the Boss/NPC uses all its energy) and then use a skill to gain energy back and proceed to heal and so on, but if the npc does not have energy, we cannot drain it, and because the bosses are hp sponges merc is on the losing side when both run out of energy.
AQW  Post #: 40
12/11/2016 12:30:04   
c1729

I do not mean to be rude, however, (especially with the new update) Merc is among the best classes for killing bosses (Not the legendary ones), owing to a buff that covers both defenses (Hybrid Armor), and an energy move that has a very high ratio of conversion (Static Smash).

As a bounty hunter, the toughest NPC I faced which actually required me to be level 40 was GoW, owing mostly to difficulty in getting energy, since Hunter regain is only 65% (now 60%), this means that I have to drain a good 190/0.65 = 292 for a good heal of level 3 letting me live till the next heal. However a merc can do this with a drain of a mere 190.

If you are having difficulty with bosses, please do not hesitate to send me a PM and I'll make a workable build that can help you out (Possibly at level 36 you might be trying to take on Seava Lionhart, or Noragh).
AQW Epic  Post #: 41
12/12/2016 7:17:44   
santonik

quote:

Ask any good player who plays merc and they'll tell you that it's good. (HIGH LEVEL ONLY)

Ask S H O N D O R or Alkimos

I have playing mercenary too. i have rank 14 mercenary. And i have huge broblems to play this mercenary. Dont understand wrong. Skilltree is (extreme) bad compare other classes. Mercenary isnt nothing good skill/s against heavy tanks. other classes is
poison or extreme good energy controll. Mercenary need something defence piercing ability/s.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

wondering when game makers fix few skill in mercenary skilltree

---Berzerker (cost/damage)

---Static smash (4 cooldown) this need to change to 3 cooldown. Now we have change to beat cyber hunter. Static smash is still few bugs. No yet fix. (kartherax bot special etc...)

---Hybrid armor (cost too much energy)

---Maul is totally useless. Stun (1lvl 16%) this isnt even stun. dont use it. (extreme cost) If this is 10lvl it cost TOO much. Only stun change rising. still it is blockable very often. 1 block and 280 energy is gone. (other classes isnt this weakness)

---Intimidate. This is too weak skill now. Broplem is this. no effect to weapon stats. Kartherax bot is million times more effective than best intimitade. So intimitade need rework. it need add similar affect like kartherax bot special.

---Adrenaline Rush. Most broken skill inthe game. Only ULTRA HIGH SUPPORT can using this. I recommended to using only 1 lvl because it cost energy. This skill need to rework. 100% damage or free energy cost. Dont remember FIX that RAGE bug.

---Bunker Buster I know it get small buff to damage. (10damage) Still it need cost less energy.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Strength mercenay biggest broblem is this. cant change damage type. (weapon damage) THis allow opponent using very (over) powerfull shield very easyly. Even 1 lvl shied can stop mighties attack/s. Every STR skill is blockable and cost energy (otherclasses isnt this weaknees)
This shield broblem is big broblem. I know there is many classes what need only 1~3lvl shield to stop (all) damage. I really think those shield need to rethink and need to rework. Maybe weaker version. (cost more skilltree points)
Now this game dont favor 10lvl shield at all. Every benefit going 1~3 lvl shield. Thank so effective defences. this time so effective low lvl shield.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Epic  Post #: 42
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> RE: =ED= Patch Notes - 1.6.67 - December 1st, 2016 - Balance
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition