Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQW= New Server changes - More Feedback Needed

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> RE: =AQW= New Server changes - More Feedback Needed
Page 7 of 9«<56789>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/24/2017 22:29:29   
Rastaban

Resting still isn't working properly for me. It seems to alternate between working properly and barely working at all. I do not know how this is possible.
Post #: 151
5/24/2017 22:37:27   
Aura Knight

Wish auto attacks worked like they do on regular servers. Clicking on a monster then auto attack should make us run up to the targeted monster. That isn't happening on test servers. All we get is the red message about how we're too far from target. Among other things, that needs to be fixed. Luckily most other skills work properly but there are still some that need to be fixed too.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 152
5/24/2017 22:44:48   
Stronius

I'm liking the high crits caster classes get once more, but the fact that DoT's and the like can crit just seems inherently imbalanced. Isn't the whole point of DoT's that while their damage is pretty fixed, they can't miss or be dodged, so they have to be balanced by not being able to do multiple times their normal damage?

Removed bug abuse discussion. ~Shadowhunt

< Message edited by Shadowhunt -- 5/25/2017 19:16:13 >

Clever, witty, and slightly Daemonic.
http://www.aq.com/aw-character.asp?id=Stronius
AQW Epic  Post #: 153
5/24/2017 22:58:42   
Aura Knight

It also seems as if monsters are sliding away from us when attacked. But I'm not sure if this is supposed to happen or if it's a bug or glitch. Sometimes the monster goes off screen too.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 154
5/25/2017 6:06:04   
Metakirby
Constructive & Helpful!

quote:

Infinity Knight's 1st skill is still bugged. Temporal Rift still only applies once and then never again, rendering all the other skills much weaker than they should be. In particular it makes the second skill Daybreak nearly useless, since it especially relies on Temporal Rift stacks.

You might just have run into one of the intentional(?) new features of the test servers. Buffs and debuff will not show the text pop-up, if the buff/debuff i already applied to the target (including yourself). Does so with stacking and non stacking. A couple examples would be Evo Leprechaun's Keen, VHL's Shackle/Unshackle, Lightcaster's Illuminated and any skills that are meant to be loopable, wheter for stacking purposes or not. And that's not counting possible loopability via Stonecrusher, Bard etc.
If you have the time, maybe go back and check wheter or not it's just a matter of what the game shows you, or if there's a difference between 1 stack and a (supposedly) more than 1 stack activation of an ability.

I know Scarlet Sorceress had a bug where you could not stack past 1, it was observable through the stat panel and it's a little bit of a different scenario than Infinity Knight, yet a little bit similar. It was a while ago though, so it may have been fixed by now.

@Rastaban
I'm pretty positive it's because how long it takes for the game to bring you out of combat, it's pretty annoying, that I agree with, but it's not just resting that's hurting because of it. It seems to match up pretty well with the tooltips showing up, with the combat tooltips off.

quote:

Wish auto attacks worked like they do on regular servers. Clicking on a monster then auto attack should make us run up to the targeted monster.

Maybe I'm hallucinating, but it does actually work sometimes. Not sure when, or how.

quote:

It also seems as if monsters are sliding away from us when attacked.

It seems to be every 2nd attack the enemy does, starting from the 1st. So 1st, 3rd, 5th etc. attacks are when it happens.
It also only seem to happen with some enemies, all the Dragonchallenge enemies seems to do it, as an example, but the Black knight doesn't.
At first I thought it was a matter of the enemy being perceived as ranged and therefore, it would gain an advantage by keeping it's distance, but everything runs up and whack you with whatever their attack animation is anyways, so that kind of ruins the purpose of that.

< Message edited by Metakirby -- 5/25/2017 6:07:26 >
AQW  Post #: 155
5/25/2017 6:54:57   
iDreadnaut

Last time I checked (last weekend), the only things weird/bugged in Infinity Knight were:
1 - Extremely low damage on auto attack (~66 per hit using AFDL set with lv 85 enh)
2 - Even if you stack Temporal Rift many times, you still get 0 (zero) HoT when you use Daybreak, but, if you use Incinerating Era, the DoT does vary depending on the amount of Temporal Rift stacked.

@Stronius
I don't think that the revamped DoT damage is an issue. Last I remember, people do prefer to see high numbers and kill things fast.
The only situations that could do with a decent DoT modifier would be classes with self-DoT and PvP.

Merged double post created by my post deletion. ~Shadowhunt

< Message edited by Shadowhunt -- 5/25/2017 19:18:03 >
AQW  Post #: 156
5/25/2017 16:17:57   
darkhl7

why does the monsters keep sliding away on the testing server ? also what up with the lag spike on there to

< Message edited by darkhl7 -- 5/25/2017 16:18:55 >
Post #: 157
5/25/2017 16:31:02   
The ErosionSeeker
*insert cheesy pun here*

quote:

Irule - Yesterday at 2:08 PM
Anyone on the test server right now?
I think I'm experiencing a weird sliding monster bug, want to confirm if anyone else is seeing it happen
example
http://imgur.com/a/bjW5E

- Yesterday at 2:37 PM
"Sliding" monsters aren't a bug. That's part of the new(ish) combat.
As long as they come charging right back at you after sliding away, it's good.

I'm also not a fan because basically it just forces you to hit autoattack every few seconds, but it's a new feature and not a bug.
DF AQW  Post #: 158
5/25/2017 16:34:57   
Aura Knight

A monster sliding away but still being on screen doesn't seem like it's too much of a problem, but what about when the monster goes off screen? Is that still okay?

I think if a monster creates distance between us, it should have some kind of ranged attack too. And why is it that only monsters have this ability now? Wouldn't it make sense for us to have it as well. Or are we assumed to be morons staying in one spot while the monster we fight moves around freely?

< Message edited by Aura Knight -- 5/25/2017 16:35:33 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 159
5/25/2017 16:37:55   
  Alina
Battleon Sorceress

From Yorumi:

"That will be fixed. There were weird things with monsters not moving to their targets so what I did was make it so on every attack the monster tries to get close to you.
I just haven't fine tuned it, so some of the bigger monsters need their set up adjusted. Then they won't move away. It'll be fixed."
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 160
5/25/2017 16:50:14   
darkhl7

and what about the lag spike? is that also being look into?

< Message edited by darkhl7 -- 5/25/2017 16:51:08 >
Post #: 161
5/25/2017 18:18:46   
Martin901

Greetings.

I believe that the basis of a good RPG, is in how the development of character building.

Currently, I have not visited the test server, but I visit it before, and the truth the system seemed very strange, monster Regen, Parry, but I do not think the idea is bad but as they did confuse a little, so many numbers here and there, also had a parry I think of 0.01% and still evaded, maybe they should check how they distribute the effects in the stats , later see the test server again.

Perhaps the idea does not look very good, but as the years have not seen a very well-defined base on the subject of stats, and how to develop them I would like to show my suggestion, to see if something can help developers.

Restructuring of some values of the game

I want to give a value more defined the STATS of the game and other things.

First

Strength

The stat for physical classes, increases the weapon damage and the Physcal Power.

The normal base is 100, should be more than 100 Example: 150, the weapon damage is 150%, i.e. only the base score only defines the weapon damage.

That is to say that 100 points = 100% weapon damage for physical classes and 5% extra Hit Chance.

If you add more by enchantments, you are only going to increase Physcal Power and Hit Chance.

That is to say that 50 extra points = +50 Physcal Power, +2% Hit Chance.

Intellect

The stat for caster classes, increases the weapon damage and the Spell Power.

The normal base is 100, should be more than 100 Example: 150, the weapon damage is 150%, i.e. only the base score only defines the weapon damage.

If you add more by enchantments, you are only going to increase Spell Power and Extra Hit Chance.

That is to say that 50 extra points = +50 Spell Power, +2% Hit Chance.

Important Note:

In the case of these STATS, which define the weapon damage.

To the weapon damage of both adding a type of damage (Physical, Spell), i.e. If your WD is 200-200 and the extra for enchance for example 400 (Spell Damage), adding this to the STATS of the Weapon Damage, leaving as well:

200-200 (Weapon Damage) + 400 (Extra of Spell Damage), this value of divided between the min and max damage of weapon = 400-400 (Total Weapon Damage)

Endurace

The stat for HP ONLY.

The normal base is 100, should be more than 100 Example: 120 points, the original HP increases by 20%.

That is to say that 100 points = 100% of the original HP

If you add more by enchantments, you are only going to increase HP.

That is to say that 50 extra points = 100 Extra HP

Bonus of The Enchantment

A bonus of 100 extra HP from the enchantment is compounded + level player leaving a best bonus for high level players.

Example:

100 extra HP (by 50 of the enchantment) + level player (in this case 60) = 160 (the total bonus)

New Base Of The HP

Now at level 1, the initial HP will be 500, and for each level which will raise HP base increases by 25 points, then at level 60, HP is 2000 (500 base HP + 1500 LvL) and level 85 (Actually the level cap) HP is 2625 (500 base HP + 2125 LvL). Whithout enchants.

Dexterity

Increases the Hit Chance, Evasion Chance of Physical attacks, and Haste for Physcal Classes.

The normal base is 50, should be more than 50 Example:100 points, the effects are doubled.(No Hit Chance)

That is to say that 50 points = 90% of Hit Chance, 10% Evasion for Physcal Attacks, 10% Haste of Physcal Classes.

If you add more by enchantments, you are only going to increase the Haste of Physcal Classes and evasion of physcal attacks.

That is to say that 25 extra points = 2% extra Evasion for Physcal Attacks, 2% extra Haste of Physcal Classes

The rest can be based on payer´s level or class skills.

Wisdom

Increases the Hit Chance, Evasion Chance of Spell attacks, and Haste for Caster Classes.

The normal base is 50, should be more than 50 Example:100 points, the effects are doubled.(No Hit Chance)

That is to say that 50 points = 90% of Hit Chance, 10% Evasion for Spell Attacks, 10% Haste of Caster Classes.

If you add more by enchantments, you are only going to increase the Haste of Caster Classes and evasion of spell attacks.

That is to say that 25 extra points = 2% extra Evasion for Spell Attacks, 2% extra Haste of Caster Classes

The rest can be based on payer´s level or class skills.

Luck

Increases the Crit Chance and damage, also increases the luck you have to get better and greater amount of objects, and best of luck in what it is of games of chance.

The normal base is 100, should be more than 100 Example: 150 points, increase The effects of the STAT by 50%.

That is to say that 100 points = 10% Crit Chance and Crit damage.

If you add more by enchantments, you are only going to increase The effects of the STAT.

That is to say that 100 extra points = +10% Extra Crit Chance, Crit Damage increases by 30%.

That is to say that 50 extra points = +5% Extra Crit Chance, Crit Damage increases by 15%.

Example:

Rogue:

Strength: 80 (80% Weapon Damage Physcal)
Intellect: 50 (50% Weapon Damage Magical) No effect because its auto attack and skill are not magical.
Endurace: 80 (80% Of the total HP)
Dexterity: 90 (90% Hit Chance 18%, Evasion for Physcal Attacks, 18% Haste)
Widsom: 60 (90% Hit Chance 12%, Evasion for Magical Attacks, 12% Haste (No effect on Rogue because not is magical class))
Luck: 70 (7% Crit Chance, and Crit damage).

Taken From : RE: =AQW= Feature and Functionality Suggestions IV Page 2

As you can see here, the stat luck feels a little more balanced (from my point of view), because it will not depend so much on this, but also the other stats, that also play an important role in the time of battling a boss (depending on the role you have to be fighter, caster or support), clearly needs to be polished so the players and members of the forum could help develop this so that the game is somehow balanced (in my opinion).

that if when changing the stats and how they develop will also have to deal with the enchantments, Fighter, wizard, Healer, Thief, Spellcrafter, luck, adventurer (forgotten but would be a very good enchantment as it is balanced, and should be included in the sales of enchantments) and as distributed in the sets, Mana Regen Model (i don´t domine that part very well), so here I leave a recommendation for enchants.

Enchantments

Well I want to make a change in the enchantments, which is not very large, only I will change how much will give each part a set of armor.

Weapon Part:

This part will be based on the player's level twice, at first it seems very weak but then earns great force as the player level-up

Example: Level 60 (120 Points per enchantment)

Armor Part:

This part will be based on the player's level with a bonus of 50% , at first it seems very weak but then earns force as the player level-up

Example: Level 60 (90 Points per enchantment)

Helm Part:

This part will be based on the player's level , is balanced

Example: Level 60 (60 Points per enchantment)

Cape Part:

This part will be based on the player's level with a reduction of the 25%.

Example: Level 60 (45 Points per enchantment)

As you can see these enchantments, they are even more powerful than the ones currently available, but you should also make a distribution between the effects that the enchantment provides (depending on the type that is), the most balanced possible:

And that's all I hope it serves and if you have suggestions or something better, tell me, for now I see this as a good idea.

Sorry if I was a bit annoying, but I think the game would improve, defining its parameters.

Thank you for reading the report. ;)

Replaced dashed rules with horizontal rules. Also changed text colours on "Dexterity" and "Wisdom". If you are going to use coloured text, please make sure they are easy to read; yours were too light. ~Shadowhunt

< Message edited by Martin901 -- 5/26/2017 15:07:15 >
AQW  Post #: 162
5/26/2017 0:41:30   
Aura Knight

Good to know that monsters moving away from us will be corrected. I just had blood titan go off screen and I wasn't able to fight it. I kept getting a bunch of "You are out of range" messages. Wonder if this monster feature could become a flee effect they can get. And if so, we should have a pursuit ability.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 163
5/26/2017 19:05:21   
Randomnity

quote:

Last time I checked (last weekend), the only things weird/bugged in Infinity Knight were:
1 - Extremely low damage on auto attack (~66 per hit using AFDL set with lv 85 enh)
2 - Even if you stack Temporal Rift many times, you still get 0 (zero) HoT when you use Daybreak, but, if you use Incinerating Era, the DoT does vary depending on the amount of Temporal Rift stacked.

While the Temporal Rifts not showing up is I guess a feature, albeit kind of an annoying one, these two points are certainly bugs, noted in my bug reports I sent in.
AQ  Post #: 164
5/27/2017 10:48:53   
darkhl7

problem on testing server about every 3 exp bars there a lag spike dont know why but it there

< Message edited by darkhl7 -- 5/27/2017 11:09:37 >
Post #: 165
5/28/2017 2:41:11   
Paulus Xiphos

Double clicking a command by accident automatically logs a player out in the test servers. Royal BattleMage's Enchanted Blade doesn't work like it should there, as well as using Cryo's Flash Freeze while Frozen Tears is active does not remove the HoT.

< Message edited by Paulus Xiphos -- 5/28/2017 3:28:19 >
AQW  Post #: 166
5/28/2017 17:11:41   
goldslayer1

quote:

They use luck not so much because it's overpowered but because it's an easy way to get into the game and PLAY... without having to worry about numbers and enhancements.

There's another easy enhancement that works with all classes, and its called adventurer.

They complain about luck because they cant do the same as they do in the live server. That is to say, they cant put on all luck and call it a day while still being as effective.
The reality is full luck is only effective with physical classes, and in the live servers only, because the strength/dex stats (and by extension the classes) are broken.
This comes down to a balance issue, calling it a "feel" issue or an easy-ness of use is a cop-out to the truth. Truth being that there is a fundamental balance issue that needs to be solved.

A full wizard on a magic classes is lightyears more effective than full fighter on a physical class and that boils down to the enhancements (and stats).
Wizard enhancement already comes with a small amount of luck stat (making it a more than decent amount after equipping full wizard), meanwhile no physical enhancement have any luck stats in them.
To get luck on physical classes, you have to sacrifice fighter or thief enhancement.

What should really be done, IMO, is to get rid of enhancements and allow players X amount of stats to manually input themselves on the stat menu.
We had this system before and it worked better than enhancements.

For example right now on live server.

Wizard Enhancement Lvl 85
Weapon: 85 Intellect, 34 Wisdom, 17 Endurance, 34 Luck.
Armor: 65 Intellect, 26 Wisdom, 13 Endurance, 26 Luck
Helmet: 65 Intellect, 26 Wisdom, 13 Endurance, 26 Luck
Cape: 52 Intellect, 21 Wisdom, 10 Endurance, 21 Luck

Total: 267 Intellect, 107 Wisdom, 53 Endurance, 107 Luck (538 total stats)

Fighter Enhancement lvl 85
Weapon: 75 Strength, 22 Dexterity, 73 Endurance
Armor: 57 Strength, 17 Dexterity, 55 Endurance
Helmet: 57 Strength, 17 Dexterity, 55 Endurance
Cape: 45 Strength, 13 Dexterity, 45 Endurance

Total: 234 Strength, 69 Dexterity, 228 Endurance (531 total stats)

As you can see, Full Wizard enhancement gives 267 Intellect, meanwhile Strength only gives 234.
But where Wizard outdoes Fighter Enhancement even more, is with the Luck stat it already comes with, which is 107 total luck.

In order to get close to the same amount of luck with a fighter class, you need to sacrifice Fighter enhancement.
Luck enhancement on weapon will give 85 Luck, but lose 58 strength in the process.
Now the difference is 267/107 (Intellect/Luck) vs 176/85 (Fighter/Luck)

To get even an even closer amount of luck, You can do Helmet/Armor and cape Luck enhancement for 117 Luck, and lose 79 strength.
But now its 155/117 (Strength/Luck) vs 267/107 (Intellect/Luck).

Not only that, but fighter enhancement puts a big emphasis on the Endurance stat, which is quite frankly overrated IMO.
You could literally cut out 150+ Endurance total out of Fighter enhancement and put it on strength, dex, or luck, and all physical classes would be much better off because of it.

There's also the issue of how damages are calculated.
Wizard Enhancement increases the damage of magic abilities.
Fighter Enhancement only increases the damage (Damage-range) of weapons.

Physical classes' ability's damage are based on the weapon's damage, and not the enhancement.
This is why Luck is more effective than Fighter for physical classes.

The increase of damage (DPS) in critical strikes using full Luck far outweighs the increase of weapon damage of full Fighter.
This can be easily proven by using any physical classes with full luck and full fighter, a timer, and any solo-able boss.
The full luck set up will be much faster than the full fighter. I've tested this myself before vs Red Dragon and even had some cases where the Full Fighter could not solo Red Dragon, and when it did, it took vastly more amounts of time than the Full Luck counter part.

Nerfing/buffing the luck stat will not fix physical classes.

TLDR: We should switch back to the manual stat input we had before enhancements (meaning, get rid of the enhancement system). Full Wizard has much more stat advantages over full Fighter. Stats and enhancements are broken/unbalanced. How damage is calculated badly affects physical classes compared to magical ones. The stats in general need to be re-balanced.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 5/28/2017 22:19:16 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 167
5/28/2017 20:02:22   
darkhl7

wish u guys make fiend token ac tag cuz it mem only and if non mem get it they cant do nothing and waste inv slot so plz think about it
Post #: 168
5/29/2017 11:09:00   
Metakirby
Constructive & Helpful!

quote:

There's another easy enhancement that works with all classes, and its called adventurer.

There's currently no way to buy the adventurer enchantment though.
quote:

We should switch back to the manual stat input we had before enhancements (meaning, get rid of the enhancement system).

I think there's a good compromise to the whole "enchantments should stay, enchantments should be purged from the game" debate.
In defense of the enchantment system, it gives us certain prebuild stat setups, which is not bad in itself, it's easy to understand (an enchatment that gives a lot of Intellect is not useful for a physical class and and enchantment giving a lot of Stength is not that useful on a magical class, it's only logical), it's mostly due to poor balance in the stats themself, as you already mentioned multiple times.

Now on to the idea.
Balance out the stats, give enchantments of same level but different enchantments the same total stats and add a "custom" enchantment. This enchantment can be given any stat distribution within the allowed total stats given on that level.
A mock-up of how this custom enchantment could look like (made in paint).
I know the general design is a bit cramped, but I couldn't do much better with what I had, you still get the idea. I put END under the catrgory "other", because I feel like it's not a physical based stat, at least in it's current state. As long as it has the same effect for both physical and magical classes, I won't see it as stat useful for physical classes only, it's just stuck to physical enchantments atm. It could also save your old custom enchantment setup once you load up the enchantment, in case you tested it and wanted to make some slight changes, without needing to remake the whole enchantment.

One issue that would need to be adressed if custom enchantments/custom stats become a thing, is the Depth enchantment, if you can just get the same stats as a Depth enchantment, there would be no point in getting them in the first place and would devalue the whole Dark Box hunt's worth (unless you are in it for the sprite items). I was thinking of putting a restriction on the custom enchantment that prevents you from using only 1 or 2 stats, which means you would be required to have at least 3 different stats and 3 of the stats you use needs to have a certain % of the total stat pool, each, for the enchantment to be valid. This would severly decrease the customizability though.

The enchantments that are available now would still be available (with some stat alterations to give all of them the same total stats of course). This way you have a couple preset stat builds and the custom enchantment if you want to do that. It's still doing to take more time than just enchanting with one of the preset enchantments though, just due to the amount of necessary clicks needed, but it's not like a pure stat system would be much different.

The game should also do a better job of telling what the different stats does, especially if we are going to be able to customize our stats on a point to point basis. In a perfect world, the game will show you your modifiers as you decrease and increase your different stats, so you can tell how each stat impacts your character's capabilites, just by clicking around a little bit.

@darkhl7
You don't need to pick up the Fiend Tokens that drop, you can just decline them if you don't want to waste inventory space. You said yourself it's useless, so why would you want to keep them?

< Message edited by Metakirby -- 5/29/2017 11:10:08 >
AQW  Post #: 169
5/29/2017 11:24:10   
The ErosionSeeker
*insert cheesy pun here*

Allocatable stat points are quite flawed.

a) what stops someone from putting as many points as possible into the stat(s) that they want to maximize?
Minimums?
b) what stops someone from putting in the minimum necessary, and then dumping everything else into a main?
Limits?
c) what stops someone from going to the limit every single time?

If the limits are going to always be exactly what the designers intend as the max, then there's no point in having custom allocation.

Although there is one thing that can change, if the Dark Box has proven anything, special enchantments as a reward is viable. Binky gave a level 51 enhancement that was equivalent to a level 54. What's stopping there from being a Nulgath-exclusive enhancement that can further empower VHL or other physical classes?

If there are to be new enhancements, they should be quest or event rewards.
DF AQW  Post #: 170
5/29/2017 12:03:06   
XeNON_54

So basically you want Dark Souls Flash version?
Post #: 171
5/29/2017 16:41:58   
goldslayer1

quote:

I was thinking of putting a restriction on the custom enchantment that prevents you from using only 1 or 2 stats, which means you would be required to have at least 3 different stats and 3 of the stats you use needs to have a certain % of the total stat pool, each, for the enchantment to be valid. This would severly decrease the customizability though.

quote:

a) what stops someone from putting as many points as possible into the stat(s) that they want to maximize?
Minimums?
b) what stops someone from putting in the minimum necessary, and then dumping everything else into a main?
Limits?
c) what stops someone from going to the limit every single time?

The idea I had in mind was to put a maximum cap on points that can be allocated to any stats.
Epic Duel (A game which I played competitively to extreme levels before quitting after the Omega update, evidenced by charpage) had (not sure if it still has it) a stat max of 40% of total points that can be allocated to a single stat.

However, when looking at the Wizard enhancement in AQW.
quote:

Wizard Enhancement Lvl 85
Weapon: 85 Intellect, 34 Wisdom, 17 Endurance, 34 Luck.
Armor: 65 Intellect, 26 Wisdom, 13 Endurance, 26 Luck
Helmet: 65 Intellect, 26 Wisdom, 13 Endurance, 26 Luck
Cape: 52 Intellect, 21 Wisdom, 10 Endurance, 21 Luck

Total: 267 Intellect, 107 Wisdom, 53 Endurance, 107 Luck (538 total stats)

267/538 (Intellect/Total stats) is already 49.6% (Fighter enhancements' strength is 44% (234/531) of total). Full Luck probably presents an even higher percentage of total.
If 50% of total sounds too much, you can do 40% of total causing the max allocation to be 40/40/20 thus forcing the spread across atleast 3 stats.
This would nerf intellect since you'd technically be lowering its intellect max from what you'd get from full wizard.

quote:

If the limits are going to always be exactly what the designers intend as the max, then there's no point in having custom allocation.

There absolutely is a point to it. The current enhancement system, along with broken stats, is very limiting in terms of customization.
It also forces the player to either change items, or buy new enhancements constantly if they want to change their enhancements.
You also seem to be confusing the max. The max is not a rigid number (i.e. 150 points) it would be based on a percentage of total stats, which would be based on level.
Meaning the max would be fluid and grow (in terms of points, but remains the same % wise) with higher levels.

A 40% max for intellect would be 215/538 at lvl 85. As opposed to 267/538 of full wizard lvl 85.
At lvl 65, 40% of max would be 163/407. As opposed to the current 203/407 intellect for full wizard lvl 65.

While its nice that its pre-set build for newbies, custom allocation would be far better for more knowledgeable players who are more into the game.
A much better solution for newbies would be for each individual class to come with a "stock" or "default" allocation suited for that specific class.

If I had the option of custom Allocation, (even with a max cap) at first thought, I'd change fighter enhancement endurance for more luck and dexterity. Since both of those are miles more useful than the 228 points (42.93% of total stats) allocated to Endurance in Full Fighter. Currently, I'd say only 1 class benefits from high endurance and that would be Void Highlord, only because it has a rank 10 passive that grants +50% endurance. However that endurance is probably last in the list of things that make this class powerful.
You might say "Why not just swap for a luck enhancement?"
Luck only puts emphasis on Luck, but the rest of the stats are evenly spread. for a physical class, this mean there's wasted points in stats that aren't useful for them (Like intellect, wisdom), whereas with a magical class, strength is still somewhat ok because it increase auto attack damage.

Custom stat allocation (even at 40%-of-total cap) right now, would make physical classes more tolerable to play with, simply by not being locked down to the current enhancement system.

quote:

What's stopping there from being a Nulgath-exclusive enhancement that can further empower VHL or other physical classes?

Proper balance.
Balance of the game should not be determined by money or farming.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 5/29/2017 16:52:10 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 172
5/29/2017 17:53:55   
The ErosionSeeker
*insert cheesy pun here*

quote:

Custom stat allocation (even at 40%-of-total cap) right now, would make physical classes more tolerable to play with, simply by not being locked down to the current enhancement system.

Fighter lacking any luck is a balance issue that negatively affects all physical classes. Since the problem is widespread, the solution is to upscale Fighter to be as efficient as Wizard (or reducing Wizard to match Fighter), since INT affects both damage and haste where STR doesn't.
Custom stats would encourage people to go max luck, max mainstat, and then dump into whatever offstat helps most.

Limiting effectiveness at 50% or 40% or whatever as an engine-wide restriction also prevents special enhancements like Depths from being made, because they will either never be better than a custom, or that everyone can access the stat numbers of Depths without the negligible special.

quote:

Proper balance.
Balance of the game should not be determined by ... farming.

Playing the game shouldn't let you get better at the game? :thinking:

< Message edited by The ErosionSeeker -- 5/29/2017 17:54:08 >
DF AQW  Post #: 173
5/29/2017 18:12:18   
Aura Knight

Is balance truly possible if RNG is a factor? I mean, we have monsters that can one shot us if RNG is in their favor and unfortunately for us, it usually is.

There are aspects of the game which can be made less annoying but will there be improvements? Hopefully. The rewrite will allow for changes but if we're not careful, things will only look better and just remain the same boring mess they were before.

I wonder if there are plans to change the rep system or any kind of farming in game? Is it too much to ask for something more fun? If the game's not fun, should it even be called a game at all?
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 174
5/29/2017 18:51:49   
goldslayer1

quote:

Playing the game shouldn't let you get better at the game? :thinking:

I meant in the context of having to farm for enhancements, when its an inferior system.

If I'm level 65 and you're lvl 65, our power level should be the same.
It works like this for many other much more successful games.

quote:

Fighter lacking any luck is a balance issue that negatively affects all physical classes. Since the problem is widespread, the solution is to upscale Fighter to be as efficient as Wizard

Yes, I specifically mentioned this above by explaining how damage is calculated for magic skills and physical skills.

Magic skills is based on magic power (intellect), while physical skills base their damage on on weapon damage.
Magic has the advantage in how damage is calculated, advantage in stat count, advantage in enhancement stat placement.

You dont like custom stat allocation because you say people will only dump to points to the main stat, Luck, and the rest on secondary stat.

That's a problem with stats themselves. There are too little amount of stats for the classes. That's pretty much a given, because of the amount of stats.

You have strength/dexterity for physical, Intellect/Wisdom for magic, and Endurance/Luck for neutral to encompass every balance aspect of the game, such as crits, blocks, hit chance, etc.
Even if players put 40% into strength, 40% into luck, and the rest into Dex/Endurance, that is still a better alternative to what we have now, for physical classes.

You might not like it, but the alternative is physical classes (with the exception of VHL) being terrible to play with in comparison to magical classes, which make up the overwhelming majority of the top tier classes in terms of power.

quote:

Is balance truly possible if RNG is a factor?

Not fully, but if you're not striving for it, then you end up like Epic Duel, which experienced a massive decline in player base after the Omega phase update.
AQW Epic  Post #: 175
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> RE: =AQW= New Server changes - More Feedback Needed
Page 7 of 9«<56789>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition