Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Returning Beast Master

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> Returning Beast Master
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/13/2023 22:55:18   
AQDeathKnight

Character IDs: 33495317 (Beast Master) & 33495317 (Mage)
Level: 150
Stats: DEX 250; INT 250; CHA 250
Notes: I added both accounts in case there was something on my Mage that would be better suited for my Beast Master.
I'd like to have the play style of using status effects as my main dps. Whether that be with armor (Neko), pets, allies, spells. My only exception is if the pure dps from an ally/pet were better. Honestly, I'm not sure if going pure ops would be more beneficial than DoT. My main focus is using something that has more endurance than Beast Mages, I gave it a try and while it does damage I didn't feel that it was sustainable. Also, just looking to find the best 100% proc-type weapons, with the exception of Beast Master-focused weapons like Havarti blade (I feel like this weapon is amazing for Beast Masters). Also, since I have a lot of mana, through INT, would using summons be more beneficial? My main contention with summons over calls is using mana could give me more SP for items/skills. Also, with fear being a popular would Status effects like fear, stun, elemental vulnerability, and others shine with/over DoT? I also have 10k Tokens in the budget. Thanks!

< Message edited by AQDeathKnight -- 1/14/2023 0:17:55 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 1
1/14/2023 8:46:33   
Primate Murder

Welcome back!

Weapons

Darkness lacks exceptional weapons or shields for this build, so it's the natural no-drop element.

Fireheart Warbow inflicts a very powerful fire Burn. Unfortunately, it only appears on Harvest Fest. Until then, Foam Finger is your best pick.

Healing Branch tome gives you healing, mp regen and cures DoTs. Alternatively, if you're willing to spend tokens on Fae Wanderer, Fright Thorn Bow has great synergy with the pet.

Lost Talon War Bow inflicts a potent poison that also heals you.

Ice Timekiller Crossbow is a more reliable method method of Freezing the monster. It requires a turn to charge, but between its inbuild bonus to save, Frostgale's Remorse misc (another +20 to save) and Frost Effigy pet (another +20 to save), you're pretty much guaranteed to Freeze even mobs that have a high Boss Boost.

Ancient Mother Staff has great synergy with Doomquake Minions guest. When Mogloween rolls around, grab Fracture Point. +20 Bleed Potency would work very nicely with Undead Beast pet+guest.

Royal Voidrender toggles to deal Harm damage.

Havarti Blade, of course remains the light weapon of choice for any self-respecting beastmaster.

Armors

Jolly and Festive Bards of War are still the top choices for their respective elements. You might also want to get Prestissimo (energy) version if you have a spare UR.

Necromancer class works the best for beastmages.

If your class is necromancer, Paladin no longer uses light res against undead, but it still has several useful skills, including the strongest light guest, Burn/Panic toggle, and a toggle to boost your pet/guest damage for sp.

Cougar and Lion Sol Neko fill in the missing elements.

If you somehow end up with a free spot, Seraphim of Ver might be worth a shot. As per a later update, it gives a qc accuracy boost to your pet and guest.

Shields

Snuggle Hearts gives +20 Burn potence, but until Snugglefest rolls around, Samukematsuri Buckler provides a little free sp.

Celtic Wheel, Accordion, Pies, and Mother's Growth are still top choices for their elements.

Umazen Aspis has great synergy with Fruitcake Zards.

Scarab Shell pays sp to lower monster's MRM without a save - basically, a bth boost to your entire side, including pet and guest attacks.

Spells

Necro's Dracolich guest toggles to inflict Burn, but iirc it's currently underpowered, so Blazing Legion Minion would be more effective for the role. If you don't want to spend a UR, Grakma would nicely boost your D-Burst spell.

Fruitcake Zard has good synergy with Umazen Aspis shield.

Necromancer has the best guests for wind, ice, energy, and Harm (Ancestral Wraith, Undead Beast, Ghost Ally, and Anima Manifestation). Paladin has the strongest light guest.

Doomquake Minions cost tokens, but deal double damage.

Grimlord remains the highest damage dark guest.

Destruction Burst is still a great spell, and Invincible Star renders you effectively invulnerable for a turn.

Purple Rain has been heavily nerfed, but it's still an exceptional tool if you want to stack status effects like Love Potion's Control.

74th Law (returns on Mogloween) inflicts strong Bleed and Burn. Until then, Burning Question Burns monster hp and sp.

Pets

Underwyrmling can completely shut down a monster's gimmick by attacking their sp.

Fruitcake Zard woks nicely with Umazen Aspis, though if you can spare 2.5k tokens on Frostval '21 painting, Fae Wanderer can consume monster's Panic to heal your hp and sp.

Spotter Drake toggles between giving you earth shield with status potency and dealing +50% damage for sp upkeep.

Necromancer's Undead Beast is an exceptional ice guest, but I would suggest keeping Frost Effigy for Timekiller Crossbow's Freeze infliction.

Woolzard (returns to the Void in about a month) toggles between inflicting EleVuln and Sleep, and can boost both statuses via sp cost. Until then, you can use Adept Protean for EleVuln.

You can change your Cometoid Jelly to Meteoid in the Upgrader to heal high amounts of hp/sp/mp based on damage dealt.

Dogzilla inflicts a light Burn.

Aberrant the Exiled deals +50% damage for an hp cost.

Miscs

Essence Orb remains a mainstay, and you have an unused Pixel Ether on your mage character. Likewise, Love Potion and Clever Disguise are still highly useful.

Prime Chaos Orb is the most broken misc released since Essence Orb. It has a qc skill that scrambles monster resists (and also boosts all damage it takes and deals), which means you can use any element of weapon/pet/guest against any monster. Grab this misc as soon as you can, it's a gamechanger.

Frostgale's Remorse boosts your Freeze and Paralysis infliction.

Goggernaut Helm gives +10 bth to all attacks, including pet/guest and not /2 for spells.

Sunburst Amulet gives +20 Burn Potence (which already makes it worth a slot for a DoT build), and it also has a skill that pays all damage to inflict a powerful fire Burn. Returns on Snugglefest; until then Order of Terror and Horror is worth a slot, as it gives you +12.5% healing (and also Panic Potence if you pick up Fright Thorn Bow).

Hope the information is useful, and don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions!

< Message edited by Primate Murder -- 1/14/2023 8:56:46 >
AQ DF  Post #: 2
1/14/2023 14:05:12   
AQDeathKnight

Hi Primate,

Thanks for all the info! I saw a video of Fae and loved her but didn't know who/where to get her. I wanted to build around her- and now that I purchased the Chaos Orb I can.I do have a few questions:
For some of these items in particular, where could I find them?
1. Seraph of Ver
4. Royal Voidrender
5. Summon Doomquake

I had some questions about some of the suggestions you've given. What would the best summons of each class, that you haven't suggest already? Also, with regards to my pets, I feel like I have a few good options for:
Fire:Samukematsuri, Scathing Dreamseer, Keyote, Gold-Hungry Infernal Mimic, Cozy Goblin
- I feel like I have too many options here. I'm caught between Kirin and Keyote (I'll heal with Fae)
Wind: Experimental Robocockatrice and Psychedelic Dinosaur
- I'm curious how reliable Robo is in this meta, and if Spotter Drake is above Psychedelic Dino?
Ice: Frost Effigy (w/ my Ice Time killer) versus my Flutterby? (Frost Effigy may outclass it)
Earth: Robocockatrice, or my Squirrel of Order since I get Ele Vul?
Energy:Are there any items that increase Blood Golem's hypersalinate status chance?

For guests, are there any summons that can keep up with top-tier calls like Grimlord or Legion Cryo? My biggest issue currently is draining my SP- now that I took your advice and purchased the Chaos Orb. Using it alongside Vampoglin Lord is amazing- I can't run out of SP! Are there any other pets/guests that heal SP through damage other than the ones you mentioned?

As far as Fae- I've seen videos of her and she's amazing with Panic- spells like Jaania's Orb of Power simulating panick works well- are there any other viable ways to accrued panick for Fae?

Another random take- how viable is using Champion sets to bring enemies into their Realm? I have the Tera'Suul & Sinew.

And shields- I've heard of these shield cakes, are those not meta?

Thanks!

< Message edited by AQDeathKnight -- 1/15/2023 0:25:10 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 3
1/15/2023 2:42:39   
Primate Murder

quote:

For some of these items in particular, where could I find them?

Seraph of Ver, iirc, should return with the February Crossover GGBs.

Royal Voidrender comes from Dark Accession (Mage Shop > Quests > Dragonlorn Keep > Prelude: Void Dragon War).

For Doomquake Minions, Travel Map -> Sail East -> DoomQuake Cavern.

quote:

with regards to my pets, I feel like I have a few good options for:

Samukematsuri Kirin is a pretty generic pet; I wouldn't recommend it outside of a stopgag measure while you quest for a better one. Keyote is fine, but you probably want to pair it with Frostgale Remorse and Gordon Ramshead guest (returns on Mogloween). On its own Keyote's just ok-ish.

I'd certainly rate Spotter Drake over Dino, and if you want a petrification set-up, Fu-Dog is better than Robocockatrice - particularly if you pair it with Sugar Gobbler guest (returns on Mogloween) and either Meduso Bow (tokens) or Glimpse of the Mountain spell.

Frost Effigy gives +20 Freeze Potency, which gives it much greater synergy with other sources of Freeze (such as Timekiller Crossbow).

Squirrel of Order gives Defloss rather than EleVuln (increases your chances of hitting instead of damage), so an EleVuln pet would usually be better.

Blood Ruby Golem is generally a d-tier pet, as you need to deal energy damage to increase water res, and need a lotof turns to make it worth something. A much more reliable source of Hypersalinate is the Energy Timekiller Crossbow, and it gains potency from either Frost Effigy or Fu Dog, as both boost all effects that paralyze and increase res (so freeze, petrify, hypersalinate, soul rend, etc).

quote:

For guests, are there any summons that can keep up with top-tier calls like Grimlord or Legion Cryo?

Well, first of all there's the Necromancer's first summon - which does +50% damage and follows the element of your weapon. Then there's Doomquake Minons (2x damage), Ancestral Wraith (+50% damage), Ghost Ally (autohit and +50% damage), Manifestation (2x damage), and Anima Manifestation (1.5x damage), which I've already mentioned.

quote:

Are there any other pets/guests that heal SP through damage other than the ones you mentioned?

I think Void Awakening Skull pet/guest (return with February Crossover GGBs) recover sp based on damage dealt.

quote:

are there any other viable ways to accrued panick for Fae?

Fright Thorn Bow, which I mentioned above.

quote:

how viable is using Champion sets to bring enemies into their Realm? I have the Tera'Suul & Sinew.

They're ok? I wouldn't use them normally - battles rarely last long enough to justify that kind of investment - but there are certain to be a boss or two where it'd come in handy.

quote:

And shields- I've heard of these shield cakes, are those not meta?

They absolutely are! They're also premium, but if you're willing to pay, the shieldcakes are better than pretty much any other option in their respective elements.
AQ DF  Post #: 4
1/15/2023 18:46:23   
AQDeathKnight

Thanks for the advice, I'll look over your first recommendations for anything I haven't gotten yet.

I've had a little over a day to test this build and what really shines is the combination of Fae+Creature 72 +Optico+Chaos Orb. It maintains my SP/Mana and reduces damage output. My only issue with this build is now that I found a good system- I feel like I could take advantage of more dps options through my spells/skills/items, even through weapon/shield/armor-activations. With the exception of tomes (usually deal pure dps) are there any effective stackable DoT options?

Also, I've noticed that Spellslinger Necro works more for BeastMages- my question is what bonus do the armors actually get outside of taking away the SP/Mana option that the base necro armor has?
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 5
1/16/2023 23:04:31   
Primate Murder

quote:

With the exception of tomes (usually deal pure dps) are there any effective stackable DoT options?

I've already mentioned Burning Question spell for fire, and you already have Lost/Mountain Talon bows for earth and wind.

Astral Forbiddance inflicts a long-lasting water Burn.

New Year's Bludgeon sacrifices MC and almost half the weapon damage to inflict ice Burn.

For energy, Poison Bow is the strongest DoT option, but it costs tokens. Next best is Lord of Thunder's Spear, which toggles between hp-cost Burn and autohit.

Paladin's Legacy has a spell that pays 40% damage to inflict light Burn.

Blasfemur toggles to pay a third of its damage for dark Burn.

There's also Moglin Fan (random element, sacrifices 1/3 damage to inflict Prismatic Burn) and Caissa (toggles to deal Harm damage and inflict Prismatic Burn).

Necro Minion Hats make your attacks, spells, and pets inflict Bleed or Burn.

Neko armors have Burn/Bleed toggles for your pet and guest and a passive that boosts that damage of your Bleeds/Burns. There's several armors that can inflict powerful Burns like Lord of Thunder, GPS and General of Cerberus. She-Nyaa (returns on Pride day) comes with a skill that inflicts a permanent Prismatic Burn. Paladin has a toggle to Burn the monster on attack and powerful 1/battle skill that can also do so. Necromancer has a toggle to make your spells Bleed the monster and a powerful status nuke that inflict Burn+Bleed+Poison. Master Archer has two skills that inflict strong Bleed and Poison respectively.

quote:

Also, I've noticed that Spellslinger Necro works more for BeastMages- my question is what bonus do the armors actually get outside of taking away the SP/Mana option that the base necro armor has?

For the most part it affects which stats you use for skills; as you have both Cha and Int, this should be mostly irrelevant for you. The only other difference is the stat toggle, which gives +35 Cha/Int, +50 Cha or +50 Int depending on your choice of armor.
AQ DF  Post #: 6
1/17/2023 22:16:34   
AQDeathKnight

Thanks Primate Murder- while we're discussing my build. I noticed a few different Adventure Quest YouTubers using LUCK instead of DEX in their Beast Mage builds. Do pets use LUK instead of DEX? I'm curious because Ideally I'd like to change from LUCK to DEX to help with my overall status effect application through CHA/LUK.

Also, I've gotten a few more Z-tokens and am open to paying $25 or so for a package item that is really beneficial to my build. Are there any must-have gear that's good for any build nowadays?

< Message edited by AQDeathKnight -- 1/17/2023 22:19:44 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 7
1/18/2023 21:38:49   
Primate Murder

Dex still accounts for about a quarter of pet/guest accuracy, I'm afraid. It's slated to change when the rest of the stat revamp goes through, but the scheduling of that update remains uncertain. Until then, people invest in Luck for 10% extra status infliction and pet LS synergy with Optico.

quote:

Are there any must-have gear that's good for any build nowadays?

There's no must-haves, but among $25 packages a few could certainly provide a boost to your characters:

- Shieldcakes are an exceptional option for any beastmaster. They're also good for offensive builds, though in the same way that Kindred is good - you want to stack them up really high before the battle begins.

- Health and Mana Leeches are Harm equivalents to your Jelly pet that restore hp and mp respectively.

- Una Poca de Gracia gives you a qc Cha boost to enhance the power, accuracy, and status inflictions of your pet/guest attacks.

- Arcane Amplification is a qc Int boost. Great for your mage character.

- Blood Contract is a generic damage booster, but it affects allelements and has no sp/mp upkeep.
AQ DF  Post #: 8
1/21/2023 16:08:36   
Sapphire

Some would say otherwise, and they'd be wrong..and when CHA gets revamped, they'll not have a single viable argument anymore..

but I would switch dex out for luck.

At least try and test and compare.

Available gear that enhances a build matters.

If you want a detailed breakdown why, let me know

< Message edited by SapphireCatalyst2021 -- 1/21/2023 16:09:16 >
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> Returning Beast Master
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition