Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

HIT Computation?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds Q&A >> HIT Computation?
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/10/2023 12:55:09   
Tenka Laments

Good day (?)

I've been trying to figure out how Hit and Evasion get calculated once they reach high enough numbers. To go into detail, I was trying to use my Frost SpiritReaver (which went up to 300% Hit) to hit a SwordMaster using a full dodge build + potion of evasion (flew all the way to 150% Evasion). While I was effectively landing my hits, plenty of them were still getting dodged. This gave me the idea that there's a part of the calculation which only applies once the numbers for either Hit or Evasion reach somewhere enar 100% or beyond it. Can anyone help me out with this? I don't mind if you guys post a formula or equation. In fact, I'd be happier if that were the case.

Thank you taking the time to read,
And thank you in advance to whoever responds.

Thus spoke the SwordMaster, "I AM THE STORM THAT IS APPROACHING!"
Post #: 1
4/14/2023 19:42:33   
Legendary Ash

AQW's Combat Engine runs checks based on RNG in an order to determine whether a target receives damage, for attacks that deal impact damage which do not have the descriptions and mechanics of "Can't miss but can't crit" or "Can't miss and always crits", pure status skills that specifically apply DoTs/HoTs without an impact damage component are unable to miss and crit by the limitations of AQW's Game Engine, which is shared by Over Time Effect analogues in AQ/DF/ED/OS 's Game Engines.

Statements provided below reference the AQW forums' Pending Guides, A Guide on Stats.

The observations provide results that are counterevidence to the initial hypothesis, Accuracy = Hit Chance - Evasion, achieving an Accuracy of at least 100% according to the theoretical equation should cause attacks to always connect.
The interaction between Hit chance and Evasion analogues is additive for AQ/DF/ED, this is not the case for AQW, a 100%+ Hit chance only ensures the attacker does not miss, an Evasion above 0% allows the defender to evade an attack, applying Evasion debuffs to reduce the defender's Evasion to 0% or below is the only available action to the attacker to ensure the defender does not evade an impact damage attack which is not "Can't miss".

Two other phenomena of AQW's Engine demonstrate misconceptions in interactions similar to that of Hit chance and Evasion.
Critical Strike chance at 100% ensures a Critical Strike, an attack is multiplied by a Critical Damage Modifier, which by default is 150%, if it is reduced to 100% or less, there is effectively no increase compared to a Non-Critical Strike attack.
An attacker increases their All, Physical or Magical Boost to a value where the normal impact damage should kill the target in one hit assuming that no other variable changes, however the defender does change the variables they increase their All, Physical or Magical Resistance, or use Ninja's Shadowblade, BladeMaster/BladeMaster Assassin/Legion Blademaster Assassin/Chunin/Dragon Shinobi/Yami no Ronin 's Spinning Dragon, Chrono Assassin/Thief of Hour 's Temporal Insanity, thus they survive the attack.

One may only proceed to the next successive number when an attacker has passed the current check's conditions.
1. Checks whether there are active Stuns that prevents the attacker from acting.
2. Checks whether there are active locks to Skills that prevents the attacker from using them.
3. An attack that isn't "Can't Crit" or "Always Crit" makes a RNG roll based on the attacker's cumulative Critical Strike chance that includes active/passive Critical Strike chance (de)buffs from Consumables and Classes'/Enemies' Skills.
4. An attack that isn't "Can't Miss" makes a RNG roll based on the attacker's cumulative Hit chance that includes active/passive Hit chance (de)buffs from Consumables and Classes'/Enemies' Skills.
5. An attack that isn't "Can't Miss" makes a RNG roll based on the defender's cumulative Evasion chance that includes active/passive Evasion chance (de)buffs from Consumables and Classes'/Enemies' Skills.
6. An attack tagged as Physical or Magical is modified by the attacker's All and either Physical or Magical Boost and by the defender's All and either Physical or Magical Resistance, an attack tagged as DoT is modified by DoT Boost and Resistance, HoT is modified by DoT Boost but not Resistance, an attack tagged as Heal is modified by Heal Boost and Intake, the interactions among each applicable modifier is multiplicative, an attack tagged as True Damage is not modified by any of five types of Boosts and Resistances.
AQ  Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds Q&A >> HIT Computation?
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition