Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Guide: Current MechQuest Builds and How to Obtain Them

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [MechQuest] >> MechQuest Guides >> Pending Guides >> RE: Guide: Current MechQuest Builds and How to Obtain Them
Page 2 of 7«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/21/2008 6:43:00   
Mister Mischief

A build for your guide.

Drakel Powermerged War Armor Lvl 21

Front Arm: Priceless Frying Pan
Back arm: RuneHawk Power Orbs
Front Shoulder: Disruptor Managun OR Static Staff
Back Shoulder: Disruptor Managun OR Static Staff

Stats: Luck 100, Accuracy 15.

I now call the DPA "Critter" because I do a critical attack 50% of the time. That means every other attack is a critical attack. Oh, and I almost never get stunned or energy drained, though not because they don't try...it's just almost always resisted. Even though I don't have a single stat point in Reflex I still dodge a decent amount of the time also. Add all that together with 2 turns of stun from the pan and the attack/defense boost the mech's head does and you have a very VERY nasty "Critter".

Last time I post this I swear.
Post #: 26
8/21/2008 6:43:08   
Metard

I got a good build

The J6 Build
Luck-100
Power- 75

I basically has loads of crits and alot of damage. Use it proporly and it can deal 150+!

And I got a another one

Strong Stander

Percepetition- 75
Reflex- 100

It holds on and doesn't get hit or damaged much

Post #: 27
8/21/2008 6:44:58   
warriorfreedom

I'm gonna suggest a build for a level 20.

Reflex: 40
Perception: 40
Efficency: 20

It might be good for those who need only a small decrease in EP usage, but has low HP so Reflex and Perception might lower potential damage. But what do you guys think?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 28
8/21/2008 6:45:14   
zenj

Hyberd(me can't spell)
star capt
Pow:+2 per level
Eff:+2 per level
Per:+2 per level
non star capt
pow:+2-1 per level
Eff:+2-1 per level
Per:+2-1 per Level
meeting every three levels?

< Message edited by zenj -- 8/21/2008 6:56:15 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 29
8/21/2008 6:51:15   
Runehawk571

me thinks this works like dragonfable, every point is 0.5 so 2 points is 1 point
ex: 10 points is really 5 points

Light brightens up the darkness, Darkness consumes the light
DF MQ  Post #: 30
8/21/2008 7:33:02   
turnoverman

about the defense and tank builds..... perception DOES decrease damage but not by a lot it might be moar smarterer to put half of the defense's points in reflex so that you can NOT be hit at all most of the time and if you don't want to change that one add one for dodging a lot
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 31
8/21/2008 7:58:05   
afsoc4life

how do u get 175 points?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 32
8/21/2008 8:40:14   
tempestofnight
Banned!

Tread, I like this idea, good work so far.

You should add more builds and organize them differently. I don't agree with the "offensive" V.S "defensive." Mainly, a 2 stat defensive build would want reflex and perception, not luck.

I would use 1, 2, and 3 stat builds, each with non SC and SC, and for each house.

That's 3 houses times 3 different builds times 2 options (SC and non-SC) for a total of 18 different builds.

That would make it a TRUE guide.

Furthermore, I would say that 2 or 3 stat builds are more strategic than shoving everything into one stat. Especially for the player that wants the best strategy, and not just the most damage.

For example, seeing as Runehawk is a tanking build, my strategy accounts for the low HP that runehawk has (as if the shield and leeching didn't already cover me XD)

Advanced Nova Hawk

60 perception
60 reflex
30 accuracy
AQ  Post #: 33
8/21/2008 8:51:49   
concreta
Banned!

the tank build isn't really good.. cause from what i heard effiency is a bit messed up atm.. 20 already giving you -2? and 75 only -3? that isn't wortht he points if you ask me.

you should add a other tank build
75 reflex
75 perception

or 100 reflex , 50 perception
or 100 perception 50 reflex..

high chance to dodge a attack and when you get hit you take less damage.. thats more of a tank build then 75 effiency and 75 perception.

~concreta

< Message edited by concreta -- 8/21/2008 8:52:25 >
MQ  Post #: 34
8/21/2008 8:58:26   
Armerad

Just so you know, the Reflex Stat is better than Perception, whereas you put perception as the "defenders" stat. If a Monster attacks for 10 Attacks of 10, and Perceptions reduces 10% Damage, equaling to 90 Damage taken, any specials done, will still go trough. Reflex on the other hand, With a 10% Chance to Dodge (Which is un-negatable by the way) Would give you a 1 Dodge per 10 Attacks, equally 90 Damage, while ALSO Negating the special from the attack dodged.
DF MQ  Post #: 35
8/21/2008 9:40:57   
CrimsonFlame14

Awesome. Props to you Treadlight!

A build that's working for my Powermerged Drakel:

Power:70
Luck:30
Perception:30

Or switch Luck to 70 and Power to 30

Add the Zeus arm, with the luck, it'll get the multiplier frequently. Follow this sequence:

Sanctus Sphere
Zeus
Advanced Cockpit
FS
BS
BA
Zeus

With the multiplier, and the plus 40 to damage, you should do a lot of hurt. The added defense helps for those turns when you aren't attacking. The luck also ensure that nearly every hit (while the shield is up) is reflected.

Try it out, let me know what you think:)
MQ  Post #: 36
8/21/2008 9:58:48   
griffe

@armerad: it is true that reflex is better than perception but dodging isn't the same as reducing damage. reflex reduces the same amount of damage as perception only when the enemy does equal damage per hit. if the enemy does 150-200 on one hit and less then 100 on every other hit then you would lose a lot if you don't dodge the big one - in terms of a single battle (overall it's the same). It's not that it's worse - it's just a matter of reliability. for the same reason you would want to have at least a 100 reflex while you can have 10 perception and still enjoy the benefits each battle

< Message edited by griffe -- 8/21/2008 10:13:26 >
Post #: 37
8/21/2008 10:07:22   
TreadLight

Thanks for the input everyone, I really appreciate your help.

@ tempest: The "offensive" vs. "defensive" builds are not the only categories I am adding, though. They are only the ones that I have posted. Though, I do see your point with how many builds I should post. But, really, there are so many possible combinations in this game that it is impossible to fit them all into that many categories. Ultimately, I want to be able to give builds for the most common mecha that are used, or whichever ones that are suggested. For instance, the only custom build suggestions that I've been seeing are for the Drakel and House mecha. I'm going to do those, then move onto different ones.

@ concreta: At the moment, the stats may be a little bit buggy, but the builds that I have posted are only the most basic of all the current MechQuest builds. You must take into account which mecha you are using when using the Tank Build.

@ Armerad: I used the perception stat as the main Defender stat point because it is one of the best possible stats to put it in its position. Your comparison with the effects of the both the Reflexes and Perception stats were very true, but only fit in one scenario. There are two things I'd like to point out:
  1. The Perception stat always boosts defenses. There is no chance involved.
  2. The Reflexes stat boosts the chance to dodge an attack, you are never sure that it will happen.
This means that you will always reduce damage taken from enemy attacks, which is a much more sure way to beat the system. Though, I guess I can divide the basic Defender builds into two different ones, the Chance Defender and the Sure Defender. Though, I will also set up a spreadsheet for the more complex builds, too.

Also, read the post directly above.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 38
8/21/2008 10:09:43   
Oathbreaker

I don't know if it has already been confirmed that Luck influences the chances of a special going off, but if it does then here is a good Advanced SC Runehawk build:

Reflex: 50%
Luck: 50%
Efficiency: 1 point

This build is based on the fact that you depend almost soully on specials going of and draining the enemies EP. Also because you always have your Energie Shield on the best way to preserve energy is by not getting hit (thus the reflex).
The one point in efficiency is just a really cheap 1 ep deduction on every attack you do.

Hope its any good (since I'm building towards it myself )

MQ  Post #: 39
8/21/2008 10:15:51   
TreadLight

Ah, thank you for that update, Oathbreaker, I hadn't known that Luck did that at all! I'll be adding a "Lucky" build to the base stat builds.

Soon i will divide the guide into three sections: Basic Builds, Complex Builds, and Custom Builds.

Basic Builds will be comprised of the most common builds, like The Common Offense Build, and The Common Defender Builds. It will also include the "Lucky" Build.

Complex Builds will be comprised of the more in depth builds, like the Tank Build, and Probably the couple different types of Defender Builds.

And Custom Builds will be of builds that are set to different types of mecha, like the three different House mecha, the Dinosaur Mecha, and the Drakel mecha, to name a few.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 40
8/21/2008 10:21:41   
Oathbreaker

Sounds like a great idea Tread!
Oh and please keep in mind that as far as I know nothing has been officially confirmed about luck increasing the chance of getting a special.
It is just speculated around the forum, and it sounds like something that would be included in luck so I'm just taking my chances ^^
Can always change if it turns out to be just a rumor.

EDIT: For Luck speculations, check this thread.

< Message edited by Oathbreaker -- 8/21/2008 10:24:30 >
MQ  Post #: 41
8/21/2008 10:25:04   
Armerad

Oathbreaker@ Hover over the "Train" Button and read the description on the bottom right.
DF MQ  Post #: 42
8/21/2008 10:29:00   
Oathbreaker

I know, but that still doesn't say anything about specials: "Affects Crits, Stun resist, and has small effects lots of other places".
Now apart from incorrect grammer this statement still holds no certainty on the exact effects of luck.
MQ  Post #: 43
8/21/2008 10:34:32   
Calogero

well my Advanced NovaHawk has:
its sort of a Power lucky mech ^^
Power: 100
Luck: 50
now i got high damage, high dot, chance to dodge, and to do good crits
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 44
8/21/2008 10:41:59   
Oathbreaker

Actually andy, dodge is effected by reflex, and not by luck :).
Also, personally I wouldn't go for increased damage with RH, because the damage is increased by percentages. Meaning that if you have low standard damage, like RH, the increase is going to be relatively low aswell.
The RH strategy is usually to outlast its opponent, not to kill them with heavy damage.
MQ  Post #: 45
8/21/2008 10:43:10   
krusher64n

Wow, I'm stuck.
I'm stuck betweem choosing to make a tank/power.
DF MQ  Post #: 46
8/21/2008 10:51:21   
toonpenguin

i'm gonan combine the sure defnece with chance defense. 75 perception, 75 reflex. that or 100 perception 50 relfx
Post #: 47
8/21/2008 11:04:34   
  Verlyrus
DragonFable Boxcat

For my AMR iuse a 75-75 with power and Reflex. It enhances the boosts the mecha already gives, thus making it harder to hit in smokescreen, and does even more damage in smokescreen.

Also i bleieve dodge is in fact negated by Bonus to Hit.
AQ MQ  Post #: 48
8/21/2008 11:07:58   
Sky Ever

ARH

Power 60
Accuracy 20
Reflex 20
Perception 20
Luck 5

i think my stats works well for me... i often dodge and crit

can someone battle me if my ststs are ok O.o

664003 tnx XD

< Message edited by syber_lady -- 8/21/2008 11:08:32 >
DF AQW  Post #: 49
8/21/2008 11:11:40   
MQnoob

This is very usefull!

I will help as well once I experiment a litttle.
MQ  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [MechQuest] >> MechQuest Guides >> Pending Guides >> RE: Guide: Current MechQuest Builds and How to Obtain Them
Page 2 of 7«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition