Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Mordred's Vengeance Comments and Criticism

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> AE Fanfiction Discussion >> RE: Mordred's Vengeance Comments and Criticism
Page 7 of 17«<56789>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/26/2011 19:00:18   
Mordred

Updated once more! Father and son reunite, and Sepulchure, of all people, sheds a little light on the situation!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 151
9/26/2011 19:18:17   
aizenv3
Banned

Wow, man. I love reading your work, better than reading my own.

quote:

“You may be a tool of the gods, Enduras,” Sepulchure continued, ”but I won’t!” This said, he leapt once more into the air. His form seemed to eclipse the sun straight above as he came down, bearing upon the very center of the bridge. There was a burst of red light upon impact, and Mortimer and Enduras were thrown back into the tallest spire. As soon as the building stopped shaking, the two rushed out to see what became of Sepulchure, but he was no longer there, and neither was the bridge. He had brought it down with him, and he had escaped his use as a tool through Death…

Too bad Sepulchure is gone

*goes on to sing Another One Bites the Dust*
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 152
9/26/2011 19:19:50   
Razen

...I see it's been awhile...this will be fun.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 153
9/26/2011 19:26:46   
Mordred

quote:

Too bad Sepulchure is gone

Yes he is. Although, is it really all that much of a bad thing that he's escaped Tumultu's(and he is an adept necromancer, mind you) grasp? That he's earned his freedom?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 154
9/26/2011 19:28:58   
aizenv3
Banned

I love how you betray Sepulchure. Sad to see such literary success Bite the Dust

Off topic-Mind looking at my story ?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 155
9/26/2011 19:30:03   
Mordred

I said he's gone, not that he bit the dust. Notice how beforehand he had intended to stay alive. ;)
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 156
9/26/2011 19:32:57   
aizenv3
Banned

Meaning I'll be sticking around, closely monitering your story once more (when I finish reading The Outsiders)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 157
9/26/2011 19:34:29   
Mordred

'Course, Sepulchure had also intended to kill Enduras. So, who's to say he's still alive? He did fall from the ninety-eighth floor.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 158
9/26/2011 19:38:24   
aizenv3
Banned

quote:

He did fall from the ninety-eighth floor.

Yes, falling that far is soo managable. Well yea, for someone like Sepulchure, all I expect is a limp
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 159
9/26/2011 21:01:57   
Blade

Wow, only gotten to the second part but I must say, i am VERY impressed. I'll have to read more tomorrow. :D
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 160
9/27/2011 0:28:59   
Glais

With the new addition this may be my favorite chapter yet. The scenery gave me a really awesome image for the fight and it was good to see Mortimer beat Sepulchure but without a curbstomp which people seem to be fond of.

On a random note, for some reason my mental image+voice for Mortimer changed...he now has a beard in my head for WHATEVER reason and sounds like Leonard Nemoy >_>

I don't get it either.
DF MQ  Post #: 161
9/27/2011 21:30:10   
Mordred

Mortimer always had a beard. XD But personally, I imagine him as Christopher Lee.

Well, there was no curbstomp on Sepulchure because;
Mortimer doesn't overpower him that greatly.
Sepulchure intended to survive. He knew Mortimer was stronger with him, and that further attempts on Enduras' life would mean the loss of his own. He means to weather and survive the coming storm. Don't think for a moment he's turned a new leaf. He just doesn't want to be anyone's tool. He still aims to rule Lore.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 162
9/27/2011 21:38:53   
Glais

Obviously Sepulchure's not good...I meant I was glad it wasn't a "MY CHARACTER>SEPULCHURE" moment. It was an actual fair fight which Sepulchure lost.
DF MQ  Post #: 163
9/27/2011 21:44:04   
Mordred

Well, duh. Sepulchure's a guy I respect. I'm not gonna have him get treated like Ash. Even if he were dead, he'll have a large role to play.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 164
9/27/2011 21:46:25   
Glais

Can't say I respect him but I've never been a fan of curbstomping him.
Though I respect Ash more, but that's another story...

Anyways, I can't wait for Good Mordred...because he was awesome.
DF MQ  Post #: 165
9/27/2011 21:49:18   
Mordred

Oh, he'll definitely become more involved. I intend to have a world where reality is attained through dreams, and as Mordred watches those who dream, he'll be haunted by good Mordred more and more, and he'll begin to question whose dream he's truly in, for he has long since ceased actually dreaming.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 166
9/27/2011 21:52:28   
Glais

So...since everyone BUT Mordred dreams, he is in a way, inferior to everyone? So it's like his own downfall.
DF MQ  Post #: 167
9/27/2011 22:03:36   
Mordred

He can enter the dreams of others, and others can enter his own "dreams," but he himself cannot dream. He cannot sleep, and has lost touch with his subconscious completely. However, it goes on, and from deep within is what he imagines to be his utopia, with the Good Mordred gaining power within. In theory, if he were caught off guard, he could be dragged into his subconscious through the help of another. Such a thing, though, might make him more insane than AQWan.

It's confusing at the moment. You see, Mordred intends to reopen Limbo, but keep the barriers open for easy travel between worlds. With the passages open, he could travel to other worlds at a moment while expending much less energy than if he had simply teleported. But more importantly, it allows for others to follow on his heels. He's going to travel to other worlds and subvert them with his ideology, gaining followers and bringing them to Illaniar. Those who refuse to accept his view of Order through the destruction of free-will... They will be systematically eliminated. He'll invite Enduras to follow him and stop him, trying to save whole words from falling under the flag of the ShadowScythe Empire. All in order to train Enduras for their final confrontation. Imperial lives, innocent lives, planets, the universe; they all mean nothing to Mordred, so long as he is able to crush hope in any way he can. Of course, he cares for people, but to a point. He has priorities that some would classify as immoral, and others as building for the future common good. That the years of harmony and countless lives of the future he allows to live in eternal prosperity will pay for the blood-tributes he's sacrificing to create his utopia.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 168
9/30/2011 15:36:32   
Zarkalor

I've read around a quarter of the story so far, I'm reading Mordred's history at the moment. The story is really well written, and I can't wait to get ahead.
Yeah...I read internet stories slower than actual book pages. I just find holding a book and flipping pages easier than scrolling down. And when reading off a computer, it's hard to concentrate without getting distracted by silly things like Youtube videos.

I noticed one or two things.
quote:

Pyrominicon,

Do you mean Pyronomicon?

And I realize you tend to use the term "guys" in the narrator's text and I think Falerin used it once. I didn't mind it when Enduras or Terrans used the term, but I feel it...not fitting from Falerin and the narrator.
DF AQW  Post #: 169
9/30/2011 15:38:44   
aizenv3
Banned

quote:

Can't say I respect him but I've never been a fan of curbstomping him.

I love curbstomping DmK in general. Seppy's a special case.

Also, why re-open Limbo ?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 170
9/30/2011 17:32:57   
Mordred

Like I said, it allows for more efficient travel between worlds, and will allow Enduras to follow him.

Also note that the story is called Mordred's Vengeance for a reason. The inhabitants of Limbo have a debt to settle with him. In blood.

@Zark: That's a tyop, and Falerin's dialogue will require a LOT of changing. Just pretend it's some guy in a suit pretending to be him for now.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 171
9/30/2011 17:34:21   
aizenv3
Banned

hehe, will we see some mass blood-shed ?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 172
9/30/2011 17:39:52   
Mordred

If by "mass blood-shed" you mean genocide of an entire group, then yes.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 173
9/30/2011 17:56:56   
aizenv3
Banned

My psychopathic senses never fail me when it comes to such barbaric acts
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 174
9/30/2011 19:24:54   
Glais

On the note of Limbo, are the demons remaining the same with the little Crystal thing and all?
Though that is a bit weird since many already real AE demons lack said crystal...

WAIT...nevermind, I had thought the gem was from the suggestion, but it's in this too. How's that gonna work?
DF MQ  Post #: 175
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> AE Fanfiction Discussion >> RE: Mordred's Vengeance Comments and Criticism
Page 7 of 17«<56789>»
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition